Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have researched this, and can't find a definitive answer. Also, that was 30 years ago. Nuclear weapons require constant maintenance. I don't believe Ukraine has the needed infrastructure to maintain nuclear weapons.

We have nuclear weapons in the dakotas. If DC went away tomorrow, would the governments of those states have the means to use their nukes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the nukes ukraine had were russian nukes, in which, ukraine did not have the means to actually launch them? Was the correct?

I have researched this, and can't find a definitive answer. Also, that was 30 years ago. Nuclear weapons require constant maintenance. I don't believe Ukraine has the needed infrastructure to maintain nuclear weapons.

We have nuclear weapons in the dakotas. If DC went away tomorrow, would the governments of those states have the means to use their nukes?
They didn't have the ability to use them as is, without Russian help, however, they could have worked that out.  It might have taken a couple of years, but they had the technical skills and equipment to remove the Russian permissive action links, etc.  A fair number of the USSRs weapons were designed and built in the Ukraine.

I don't see ANYTHING in the Budapest agreement that obligates us to defend them.  Basically, the agreement lists 6 things the U.S., U.K, and Russia agree not to do, it doesn't have an enforcement mechanism where anyone agrees to do something if someone else violates the treaty.  That's in sharp contrast to Article 5 of the NATO treaty, for example.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We shouldn't send a penny to Israel either. They aren't a nascent state anymore. They have their own established industries, commerce, etc....

We need to end all foreign aid.
View Quote

I would rather send aid to Israel than continually send stimulus checks and expand disability/unemployment benefits here. Some of these countries are keeping potential future wars that would involve US troops in check.

The amount of money we spend domestically as a redistribution of wealth is multitudes more than what we provide countries as an extension of our military arm.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the nukes ukraine had were russian nukes, in which, ukraine did not have the means to actually launch them? Was the correct?

No idea, But South Dakota's governor is welcome to my fall out shelter
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would rather send aid to Israel than continually send stimulus checks and expand disability/unemployment benefits here. Some of these countries are keeping potential future wars that would involve US troops in check.

The amount of money we spend domestically as a redistribution of wealth is multitudes more than what we provide countries as an extension of our military arm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We shouldn't send a penny to Israel either. They aren't a nascent state anymore. They have their own established industries, commerce, etc....

Aid to Israel is functionally a handout to the U.S. defense industry.  Here's ~$3 billion in company store script, of which you have to spend virtually all of it buying stuff from a couple large U.S. corporations.

The question isn't so much whether they NEED it, as much as whether taxpayors want to subsidize Lockheed Martin's employees and stock value.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The Russkies are going to make quick work of the Ukrainian military. I expect that once they get the green light, it'll take about a week for the Russkies to get to Kiev.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting flag on that red pickup truck.
View Quote

Not-sees. Probably from Georgia.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Right now, I'm trying to convince a 20 year old kid who works for me to get her ass out of there and come to America, just for a little while.

She keeps saying, "The situation is tense but the U.S. President will not allow Russia to invade."

Sigh.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

She's a petite woman in a perfectly clean uniform that they put in front of a camera for a bull shit photo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are some giant brass ball clankin' bastards right there. Except for the cutie in the last picture. . . she doesn't have giant brass balls.
Her balls are probably bigger than most American men

She's a petite woman in a perfectly clean uniform that they put in front of a camera for a bull shit photo.

I have to be the uncool operator and ask what are the blue scissors for?

Yeah, yeah I get it, cutting stuff, but they sort of stick out with all that camo going on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those are some giant brass ball clankin' bastards right there. Except for the cutie in the last picture. . . she doesn't have giant brass balls.
View Quote
She can hold mine
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Russkies are going to make quick work of the Ukrainian military. I expect that once they get the green light, it'll take about a week for the Russkies to get to Kiev.
View Quote

Meanwhile Poland invades Belarus during the distraction....hilarity ensues...
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the only thing that keeps Russia out of the Ukraine is body bags of Russian boys and girls going east.  The same with the Chinese.  I can live with a stand off for years.  It appears that Russia and China can too.  Woe be it on the day I am wrong for so many mothers and fathers who will be the true losers.  Putin will not be the loser.  Xi won't be the loser.  Mothers and fathers of young boys and girls will be.   It's one of the reasons I never pushed my kids into the military.  I didn't want to be a loser.  I did 24 years Army.  It looks like America lost it's chance while I was in.  

Stolen elections have consequences.

kwg
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]
In the course of my mil career I heard the forces stationed close to the DMZ in Korea referred to frequently as either the speed bump or the trip wire.

Can't remember exactly who said it, but the quotation went, "but that's what young men are for". I think he was reviewing extremely heavy casualty counts at the time, but that front line posting would probably amount to the same thing over time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#13]

I want to take orders from her
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Aid to Israel is functionally a handout to the U.S. defense industry.  Here's ~$3 billion in company store script, of which you have to spend virtually all of it buying stuff from a couple large U.S. corporations.

The question isn't so much whether they NEED it, as much as whether taxpayors want to subsidize Lockheed Martin's employees and stock value.

View Quote

$3 billion is chump change with our .gov spending.  Rather give $5-6 billion to the Israelis and that much less to the welfare armies.  I support Israel getting it too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
View Quote
Brutal.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Meanwhile Poland invades Belarus during the distraction....hilarity ensues...
View Quote

You would more likely see Poland push into Ukraine and reinforce their Army. Poland has zero intention of having Russia right next door again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They are facing Holodormor II.  I wish them the best.
View Quote

FPNI

I hope they can manage without my prayers, but I am sending it up anyway.

Edit: they are braver men and women than a huge percent of our current active-duty men and wymyn... change my mind?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Her camo is fleece - melts and burns, not wind-proof, not water-proof, easily damaged.  She needs some sort of hard shell over that stuff.

I know unimportant to topic at hand.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Is Ukraine still anti-gun? Or are Ukrainians able to legal arm themselves and protect themselves from despotism?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Ugggg am I the only one that looks at that map and a bulge waiting to be cut off with a pincer. That is not a happy looking map for holding a line, but what do I know.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Unfortunately, except for a couple shiny toys that they can barely upkeep, the Ukrainian military is poor with equipment, manpower and training.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#24]
The expense of maintaining troops and equipment in an invasion profile has to be astronomical. I would guess there is a limit to the wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#25]
They're probably frozen solid in the nice winter weather they're having... that's probably why Putin hasn't moved the back off the line.

On a more serious note, the old saying Don't invade Russia in the winter" also applies to Ukraine, weather can be a major deciding factor
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is your son in the military?

View Quote

The Euros all got the President they wanted. You still hear them whining about Trump. I don't know why or how the Europeans are shocked that in his first year as POTUS he's pretty much made US security guarantees next to meaningless.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hopefully Russia wins
View Quote

LOL. Win at what? Being a dying country spending its golden years as a Chinese pet? Because that's what its winning at.

The only winner of this war will be China.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The idea of them being able to deploy forces to the US is laughable. The reality is, other than their ICBMs and SLBMs, they are not a threat to the US.

Let Europe deal with their own issues.
View Quote

While I agree with European security issues being the job for Europeans, the idea that its only the Russian nuclear threat that could be used against North America is laughable incorrect.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

While I agree with European security issues being the job for Europeans, the idea that its only the Russian nuclear threat that could be used against North America is laughable incorrect.
View Quote
Is Ivan able to project real, tangible, military power to the Western Hemisphere? No. Can they do corporate/industrial espionage and engage in electronic warfare? Yes.

Ivan can't land an invasion force and the only real military threat they have to Saber rattle with is their NBC weapons with is either delivered by airpower (detectable and interceptable), ICMBs, or SLBMs. Other than that, they can do the same things that the DPRK does. Economic Warfare via electronic and criminal means.

We need to let Europe deal with their own mess.

Again, why I Ukraine so fucking important but not Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, Nicaragua, etc?

US foreign policy should be simple.

Don't fuck with us. If you do, we'll break your shit and leave you fucking barren with a pile of your dead rotting g in the streets.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#30]
That female will get raped in the original post
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not surprising that this nearly decade old bullshit conflict dominates news headlines now that Epstein's slam hog and arbiter of young runaways is on trial.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not surprising that this nearly decade old bullshit conflict dominates news headlines now that Epstein's slam hog and arbiter of young runaways is on trial.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif
Better....

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years. Labor and food riots in Poland. Soviets invade. Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras fall. Greens Party gains control of West German Parliament; demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil. Mexico plunged into revolution. NATO dissolves; United States stands alone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
IMHO, history repeats itself.

During the 1917 Russian Revolution and subsequent Civil War, White Russians (non-communists), primarily from Belarus and Ukraine, fought against the Red Russians (communists) from Russia, Georgia, and other areas. The Reds defeated the Whites, and after Lenin died and Stalin took over, the Reds went genocidal on the Whites.

When Germany invaded the USSR in 1941, many of the Belarussians and Ukrainians welcomed them, because they were thought to be liberators from Stalin and the communists. Later, there were even German Army units made up of volunteers from these two countries.

Putin is trying to re-create a mini-USSR. he already has a puppet leader in Belarus, Lushashenko (sp?), and now wants the same in Ukraine.

JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif
Better....

https://i.imgur.com/Jkkn0SZ.gif

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not our fight. At all.
View Quote

Who said it was?

We can read the news without going to war.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Interesting flag on that red pickup truck.
View Quote

They import many of the US salvaged vehicles and are too lazy to remove the previous stickers/decals/badges so it is highly likely that this SUV was flood damaged from the South.  I laugh at all the soccer mom decals I see driving around.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wish we had the balls to give them weapons.  If we can leave billions of weapons in Afghanistan, we should give these guys all they need.  What will Hunter do with out the Burisma gas board payments?
View Quote

You don’t remember the piles of  Bushmaster carbines the Russians captured after we played this same game in Georgia?

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not our fight. At all.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too much kickback money involved, it’s the only way politicians make any decent bankroll, now.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#41]
There would be a coup in Kiev, with a pro Russian/ Soviet Ukrainian leader taking over.  Then Civil War, in which the Russians and their allies assist the commie leader. The Soviets take over within a month, with heavy fighting in the southwest of Ukraine. Then the purge happens.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fuck Russia. If they come across the border I hope the Ukrainians stack the fuckers like wood.
View Quote

Russia crossed the border 7 years ago and has been here menacing Ukrainians since then.  Now they're just upping their game but I'm seeing more foreigners worried than actual Ukrainians in my city.  Ukraine has ALWAYS been someone's "bitch", most recently Russia's, so they have no mentality how to stand up for themselves, just putting their hands out.  I keep hearing how small they are to Russia so I compare and tell them to go all Chechen on the Russians.  Sadly, they just shake their heads in refusal.  These guys like to puff up but tend to always back down from a fight so I'm never afraid walking around.

Ukrainians need to stand up against Russia and fight THEIR fight without getting US military involved.  With that said, I highly doubt the Russians will push West so I'm safe but have options.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder how many transexuals they have in their army?  Are they using the proper pronouns?
View Quote

It hasn't arrived here yet.  YET.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Russia crossed the border 7 years ago and has been here menacing Ukrainians since then.  Now they're just upping their game but I'm seeing more foreigners worried than actual Ukrainians in my city.  Ukraine has ALWAYS been someone's "bitch", most recently Russia's, so they have no mentality how to stand up for themselves, just putting their hands out.  I keep hearing how small they are to Russia so I compare and tell them to go all Chechen on the Russians.  Sadly, they just shake their heads in refusal.  These guys like to puff up but tend to always back down from a fight so I'm never afraid walking around.

Ukrainians need to stand up against Russia and fight THEIR fight without getting US military involved.  With that said, I highly doubt the Russians will push West so I'm safe but have options.
View Quote

A lot of us Russofiles think it will be a coup.  There is still plenty of infiltration by Russian assets in the Ukrainian government and military which will muck up things.  And if the coup happens you will be behind Soviet lines, in a new Soviet Union, with an ongoing civil war.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Tboy, is the Ukrainian government still making it a bitch and a half for any decent person being able to legally own a gun?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It is a stand-in for the flag of the Confederation of Novorossiya and was based on the Russian Naval Jack. Novorossiya is an unrecognised confederation of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics, claiming the territory of the respective Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine.

https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/image/upload/t_fit-1500w,f_auto,q_auto:best/newscms/2014_36/647781/140903-novorossia-flag-1123.jpg

The flying of the Novorossiya flag is seen as a "pro-russian" act. The American Confederate Flag is used as a stand in for folks since decals and such cannot be easily found.

@transplanted
View Quote

OR not.

I think you're giving some of these pictures too much credit unless there is confirmed information from the owner of the US imported vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

share a foxhole with me any time
View Quote

The military girls here are cute.  Police girls tend to be cuter.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This.

Unfortunately, except for a couple shiny toys that they can barely upkeep, the Ukrainian military is poor with equipment, manpower and training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

It's not 2014 anymore.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

FPNI

I hope they can manage without my prayers, but I am sending it up anyway.

Edit: they are braver men and women than a huge percent of our current active-duty men and wymyn... change my mind?
View Quote

You're giving them way too much credit.

I'm surrounded by MANY young men that are fighting age.   They are as far from the action as possible...
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They are facing Holodormor II.  I wish them the best.
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top