Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$30
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh... good job FPC! I now need to join.

$30

Thanks HR,joined.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Destroyed mine. Will they issue a refund?
View Quote

No.  But they will let you chop off an equal amount of shotgun barrel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No....

The ATF is claiming that all brace equipped firearms were actually SBRs, if the barrel was less than 16" or if the OAL was less than 26".

They aren't claiming that there are only SBR and rifle lowers as they have very clearly stated removing the brace makes the firearm a pistol.

The claim that Trump had "two years to remove the NFA" is also ridiculous and lacks understanding of our political system. The Republicans lacked a filibuster proof majority and there was no way in hell that a Democrat would cross and join the Republicans on a pro gun rights bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either the NFA is the NFA or it’s not. Strike down the perfectly reasonable ATF judgement on this ( based on existing NFA guidance ) and the NFA is 100% modified to no longer include length ( at least ! ).

Not sure if sarcasm or retarded

We have Reagan’s NFA. Either Reagan’s NFA means something or it doesn’t. I reckon it means something to y’all’s political representatives because Trump had two years where he could have made the NFA go away.
The ATF basically telling manufacturers that a lower is either a SBR lower or a Rifle lower is not the ATF overstepping their authority; it is the ATF properly enforcing Regan’s NFA ( regardless of how we feel about the NFA ). If the 5th says that the ATF is overstepping their authority then the fifth is really saying authority was overstepped in the eighty’s when Reagan signed the NFA.
This would be a good thing !
But,
The NFA has done nothing wrong with this brace thing and I am not retarded because the NFA does currently exist.
Apologize now.

No....

The ATF is claiming that all brace equipped firearms were actually SBRs, if the barrel was less than 16" or if the OAL was less than 26".

They aren't claiming that there are only SBR and rifle lowers as they have very clearly stated removing the brace makes the firearm a pistol.

The claim that Trump had "two years to remove the NFA" is also ridiculous and lacks understanding of our political system. The Republicans lacked a filibuster proof majority and there was no way in hell that a Democrat would cross and join the Republicans on a pro gun rights bill.

So if OAL means nothing as long as the word pistol is included then why didn’t Trump just tell the DOJ to have the ATF set that standard in stone?
What the fifth is doing is good news and will provide the clarity going forward on OAL. I have multiple SBR’s. I’d prefer not having to wait a year for another one and if OAL means nothing then the word pistol ( or that ridiculous configuration ) doesn’t even need to enter the discussion anymore but if OAL is a thing then the ATF was just enforcing regs already in place.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
FPC with another big win.  Good Job!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

$30
View Quote

hit
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you for confirming it wasn't sarcasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either the NFA is the NFA or it’s not. Strike down the perfectly reasonable ATF judgement on this ( based on existing NFA guidance ) and the NFA is 100% modified to no longer include length ( at least ! ).

We have Reagan’s NFA. Either Reagan’s NFA means something or it doesn’t. I reckon it means something to y’all’s political representatives because Trump had two years where he could have made the NFA go away.
The ATF basically telling manufacturers that a lower is either a SBR lower or a Rifle lower is not the ATF overstepping their authority; it is the ATF properly enforcing Regan’s NFA ( regardless of how we feel about the NFA ). If the 5th says that the ATF is overstepping their authority then the fifth is really saying authority was overstepped in the eighty’s when Reagan signed the NFA.
But,
The NFA has done nothing wrong with this brace thing and I am not retarded because the NFA does currently exist.
Apologize now.

Thank you for confirming it wasn't sarcasm.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Didn't the bumpstock get overturned for the 5th district as well?
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

FATF
FRR
FDJT
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So if OAL means nothing as long as the word pistol is included then why didn’t Trump just tell the DOJ to have the ATF set that standard in stone?
What the fifth is doing is good news and will provide the clarity going forward on OAL. I have multiple SBR’s. I’d prefer not having to wait a year for another one and if OAL means nothing then the word pistol ( or that ridiculous configuration ) doesn’t even need to enter the discussion anymore but if OAL is a thing then the ATF was just enforcing regs already in place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

No....

OAL matters only if there is a stock involved with it. No stock, no rifle. Some States do have their own rules surrounding OAL but I'd rather not get into that.

AR pistol configurations have existed long before the pistol brace existed. They'll continue to exist long after this is figured out as the absence of a stock makes it so the firearm is not a rifle. The ATF isn't "just enforcing" anything, they're attempting to lay claim that a device installed on a firearm that is INTENDED to be used around the arm of an individual (not a stock) is actually a stock.

I agree that it would be nice for the courts to simply remove SBRs from the NFA and I have my hopes that we might eventually see that but the ATF is not "just doing their job" unless their job is to make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

ETA: Even if President Trump had instructed the ATF to "write in stone" that pistol braces were ok, that won't last. Democrats don't give a flying crap what the law reads, as has been shown in numerous States that are ignoring the Bruen decision or trying to find new ways to wiggle around it. The current Puppet in Chief would have simply instructed the ATF to change their minds on pistol braces and go after them yet again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hopefully they went Full Hawaiian and it is a nationwide injunction covering everybody. One can dream...
View Quote

THE FULL HAWAIIAN!?  Oh, you mean the courts.  I thought it was a call for, well, you know, the thing.  That we don’t talk about.  Except in that one big thread.  I’m going to go put my stuff away now…
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#11]
So a curious question for all those that registered for free and converted from a brace to a stock.  If this shit gets kicked out entirely I wonder if those will still be legal?  You have no actual tax stamp to prove it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

No....

Trump had the atf reclass bumpstocks as machine guns… what makes you think he would have done braces a favor
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OAL matters only if there is a stock involved with it. No stock, no rifle. Some States do have their own rules surrounding OAL but I'd rather not get into that.

AR pistol configurations have existed long before the pistol brace existed. They'll continue to exist long after this is figured out as the absence of a stock makes it so the firearm is not a rifle. The ATF isn't "just enforcing" anything, they're attempting to lay claim that a device installed on a firearm that is INTENDED to be used around the arm of an individual (not a stock) is actually a stock.

I agree that it would be nice for the courts to simply remove SBRs from the NFA and I have my hopes that we might eventually see that but the ATF is not "just doing their job" unless their job is to make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

ETA: Even if President Trump had instructed the ATF to "write in stone" that pistol braces were ok, that won't last. Democrats don't give a flying crap what the law reads, as has been shown in numerous States that are ignoring the Bruen decision or trying to find new ways to wiggle around it. The current Puppet in Chief would have simply instructed the ATF to change their minds on pistol braces are go after them yet again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

No....

ETA: Even if President Trump had instructed the ATF to "write in stone" that pistol braces were ok, that won't last. Democrats don't give a flying crap what the law reads, as has been shown in numerous States that are ignoring the Bruen decision or trying to find new ways to wiggle around it. The current Puppet in Chief would have simply instructed the ATF to change their minds on pistol braces are go after them yet again.

Fair enough
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All over a device that makes pistol firing more accurate?  Danger…

View Quote

And makes a pistol less concealable. You'd think they'd want people to have braces.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And makes a pistol less concealable. You'd think they'd want people to have braces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All over a device that makes pistol firing more accurate?  Danger…

It's not about logic, it's about controlling and disarming you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

Not a word of this disjointed and rambling word salad makes sense. Shame on you, I hope the other special agents take your lunch money and give you a swirly.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So a curious question for all those that registered for free and converted from a brace to a stock.  If this shit gets kicked out entirely I wonder if those will still be legal?  You have no actual tax stamp to prove it.
View Quote
Idk. Don't care. Sucks to be them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]
JFC how many gun rights organizations do I have to join?

NRA
PAFOA
GOA

Now WTF is NFC?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure it says on the "stamp" that it is Approved With Conditions....then on the last page states that the conditions are tied to the ATF rule.  I'm not a lawyer but I read that as that the approval is no longer valid if the rule is thrown out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
JFC how many gun rights organizations do I have to join?

NRA
PAFOA
GOA

Now WTF is NFC?
View Quote

You can skip the NRA unless you enjoy funding new suits for FWLP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Donation sent!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Donating to FPC is money well spent
View Quote
FPNI again
I sent them some money last week, sending more today.

link for FPC donaations
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
$100 sent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
$30
View Quote

Sent them $100. If I win that god-awful pistol, I'm asking for a refund.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Alas with the rule change went the amnesty and since you have a non-stamped SBR by your own admission if you'd be so kind as to surrender it now. Thank you for your service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think some are wrong...  This injunction only applies to the 5th circuit district not all of the US and not only the listed plaintiffs.  It is a start but really only helps the 5th district states out.

I did the free SBR registration on mine. Even if the new rule is declared unconstitutional, I’m keeping it as is. Even if they make me pay the $200. But this is movement in the right direction. I applaud FPC!

Alas with the rule change went the amnesty and since you have a non-stamped SBR by your own admission if you'd be so kind as to surrender it now. Thank you for your service.

And must ask for permission to cross state lines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$30

lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

No....

Your comprehension is terrible.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$30

Honestly? That seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Both are bearable arms.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FPC with another big win.  Good Job!
View Quote

It’s not a win yet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

No....

Honest to god ......

Either register your "braced" pistol tax-free, throw away the brace, or don't comply

The amount of mental masturbation that's been going on here lately by Youtube-educated NFA law specialists is , quite frankly, absurd
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View Quote

what a big helping of "I'm full of shit"
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

FATF
FRR
FDJT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

FATF
FRR
FDJT

You forgot “fuck people who write in candidates”.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

$30
View Quote

Just joined. Thanks FPC!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

YouSeriousClark. gif

Will President Trump Let ATF Continue to Rule by Unchecked Diktat with Honey Badger AR pistol w/ Brace ‘Reclassification'?(October 09, 2020)

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

At first I had trouble understanding this post, but then I realized you'd changed your username and avatar.

The post still makes no sense, but it makes sense that you posted it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I’d love to know how much FPC gets in donations today. I helped, lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think some are wrong...  This injunction only applies to the 5th circuit district not all of the US and not only the listed plaintiffs.  It is a start but really only helps the 5th district states out.

I did the free SBR registration on mine. Even if the new rule is declared unconstitutional, I’m keeping it as is. Even if they make me pay the $200. But this is movement in the right direction. I applaud FPC!

Pretty sure you can just put back on the brace and have no issues.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

At first I had trouble understanding this post, but then I realized you'd changed your username and avatar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But,
Apologize now.

Yeah it reeked of 01911 or whatever his name wa
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Donated.  THANK YOU FPC for standing up and fighting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is ARFCOM so both.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:Diet Dr. Pepper tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:For disabled shooters to be able to shoot pistols.
The state should issue brace certificates along with handicapped parking.
View Quote

So to own a brace I have to be obese?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#44]
$30 sent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Destroyed mine. Will they issue a refund?
View Quote

No refund, but perhaps a complimentary reach-around if you ask nicely.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No refund, but perhaps a complimentary reach-around if you ask nicely.
View Quote
I have about a half dozen so....

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Donated. You go, FPC!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Either the NFA is the NFA or it's not. Strike down the perfectly reasonable ATF judgement on this ( based on existing NFA guidance ) and the NFA is 100% modified to no longer include length ( at least ! ).
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is ARFCOM so both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is ARFCOM so both.

Keep reading….clarification was made
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top