Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess I may as well join in on the dupe thread and let mine die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXYG2m75Ox4
View Quote

I shall spam your thread with my super happy terrific iPhone 16X sun photos to keep it alive...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fellas, it's been good to know ya.    
View Quote

I even read that in his voice.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I am curious if it'll affect my Starlink connection. I guess only one way to find out
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Would this currently be messing with my pups SpotOn GPS invisible fence collar? Just alerted he left the fence and went to vibrate when he walked across the living room, now it’s showing 56’ off on actual location
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would this currently be messing with my pups SpotOn GPS invisible fence collar? Just alerted he left the fence and went to vibrate when he walked across the living room, now it’s showing 56’ off on actual location
View Quote

It could. A lot of the wireless gear we use at work uses GPS for synchronization, and I saw some disruptions this afternoon at two of our sites.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am curious if it'll affect my Starlink connection. I guess only one way to find out
View Quote

It’s very possible.  Starlink as lost several satellites to solar storms so far.  It usually happens shortly after they are launched and when they are making their way to their orbit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a good weekend to spend in the pool.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

we will soon find out. hopefully it won't knock all the sats out of orbit
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
My power just went out for about 5 minutes.

I blame the sun

Did not die
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I blame the sun

Did not die
View Quote

How can you be sure?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I blame the sun

Did not die
View Quote

You missed your turn at SHTF!!  Try harder next time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#12]
First G5 storm in 21 years!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]

I received a text message from someone I know at NASA 2 hours ago stating that this was a G5 and that the NOAA was downplaying it to not cause panic.  Seems that he was correct in this. Internal alerts were sent out about 3 hrs ago about this, however there were no mentioning by the media or the NOAA.  smh
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I received a text message from someone I know at NASA 2 hours ago stating that this was a G5 and that the NOAA was downplaying it to not cause panic.  Seems that he was correct in this. Internal alerts were sent out about 3 hrs ago about this, however there were no mentioning by the media or the NOAA.  smh
View Quote

Well that doesn’t sound good…
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#17]
And we just hit G5.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just went out into my tractor and messed with the gps on the planter. The gps is way off right now.  Hopefully gps won’t be affected tomorrow otherwise I’ll have to plant the old fashion way.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I just went out into my tractor and messed with the gps on the planter. The gps is way off right now.  Hopefully gps won’t be affected tomorrow otherwise I’ll have to plant the old fashion way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With slaves?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Going up in the mountains tonight.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well that doesn’t sound good…
View Quote

My apologies, the internal alerts were sent out this morning, not 3 hrs ago.  He is just an engineer so this is his interpretation of the meeting he was in.

I cant post a screenshot (this site wont let me upload) of it but i will copy and paste:

"theyve been saying the NOAA have been downplaying the strength levels. NOAA says G4 strength, theyre thinking possibly G5 strength because the path of resistance is wiped out after a CME passes through. So as each one goes through space, the path of resistance is further weakened allowing the other CME's, despite being weaker, allows them to hit earth harder because theres less slowing them down and the magnetic field is further weakened and has less time to recover between hits."

"and there was a level 4 X flare that went off early this morning they think may hit us earlier than expected because now its traveling extra fast and may catch up and run in to the previous X flares currently coming at us basically creating a stronger hit"

"some of them are our (NASA) guys and they said theyve had meetings this morning that gave out G5 storm watch which hasnt been posted or talked about anywhere by the media or NOAA.  But that alert is going around internally amongst Govt officials"
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#22]
GPS on my phone is still accurate.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

With slaves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With slaves?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

With slaves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With slaves?

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Real world question, should things take a more severe turn, would generators still work, for those of us that have them?

The alert I saw in another post mentioned generators so I'm curious.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Real world question, should things take a more severe turn, would generators still work, for those of us that have them?

The alert I saw in another post mentioned generators so I'm curious.
View Quote

Yes they will work.  Worst case scenario is it fry’s everything connected to the grid.  I definitely don’t see that happening.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
So any bets on how far south the Aurora makes it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If a G5 is going on at dark I bet that parts of Texas with little light pollution can see them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I am trying to watch some TV and drink beer.

Do I really need to worry or will the moon fall out of the sky?

I need a Comparison to go off of?

Do I need my Barrett or a bag of reeces pieces?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope at least Kentucky
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
ohnoes, what the hell am I going to do now?
View Quote
If the grid goes down, I guess we'll have a Level 1 SHTF situation. Lol
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Given that I'm about 9 miles north of the Mexican border, I doubt that I'll be seeing any Northern lights.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#33]
In on 6.

Does the time matter or is this just a factor of darkness?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In on 6.

Does the time matter or is this just a factor of darkness?
View Quote

@von_landstuhl

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#35]
The absolute worst is illustrated in "48 Hours"  by William R. Forstchen
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hope at least Kentucky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope at least Kentucky

I member in the 2005 one standing on my front porch wondering what the hell the green sky was. It was like living next to a city but green. I am bfe here so it was dominant. Honestly it wasnt that long ago that i realized what it was when in came up in convo somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#37]
So getting on a plane in 2 hours is an intelligent decision at this time?

Perfect. Full send.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Level 5 Solar Storm - More On the Way (LIVE)
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I blame the sun

Did not die
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#40]
20:35 EST - Took dog out. He had diarrhea. A toad tried to stare me down.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I just want to see the Areolas.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
20:35 EST - Took dog out. He had diarrhea. A toad tried to stare me down.

View Quote

Piss on the toad to establish dominance
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I have an iPad and a Samsung phone. Google maps shows a 50 foot difference in location. Android is closer to where I am now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just want to see the Areolas.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe Carrington can save the world from A.I.
View Quote

things are looking up then
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I just went out into my tractor and messed with the gps on the planter. The gps is way off right now.  Hopefully gps won't be affected tomorrow otherwise I'll have to plant the old fashion way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just went out into my tractor and messed with the gps on the planter. The gps is way off right now.  Hopefully gps won't be affected tomorrow otherwise I'll have to plant the old fashion way.
Was out doing sprint laps on my bike and my head unit (uses GPS) was giving very slow updates to speed.....so yeah GPS is being affected some I would guess.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So getting on a plane in 2 hours is an intelligent decision at this time?

Perfect. Full send.
View Quote
I hear polar routes are being re-routed to reduce exposure
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#48]

This dude is going off on the dumbasses with the retarded questions and comments..
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Very dark.  But no auroras down here.

I feel kind of ripped off.  Spain gets auroras.  We just have a long-gone DeSoto.  Not sure if fare trade.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This dude is going off on the dumbasses with the retarded questions and comments..
View Quote

I just about spit out my drink when he got flustered with some dumbass’ questioning and basically said, “10% of y’all aren’t going to make it, so just go away now.”
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top