User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Dutch...the Danes...who else?
View Quote

There are many european countries giving more than we are as a percentage of their gdp.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Please lay out the plans for how you accomplish this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can only push so far before Russia will push back in a big way.  For every measure, there is a countermeasure.  

This is unwise.  When the US was supplying the Muj in Afghanistan, they were careful to supply just enough to keep the Russians from winning, but not too much that would enable the Muj to dominate or actually export war.  

We should take that lesson to heart...just enough to keep Russia from winning...nothing more.

You supply defensive weapons, intel, and training.  Artillery, mines, earth moving and engineers, basic infantry weapons, medical, comms, and lightly armored vehicles.  

You effectively make it extremely difficult/impossible for the Russians to advance...but do not enable the Ukr army to attack into Russia.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If the Ukes want jets, they can build their own.  Let them determine their own fate.  We get absolutely nothing out of this "relationship" that would make even giving them our garbage worth it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If the goal is to stop the violence, the solution is to surrender Crimea and get peace.
View Quote

Fuck. That. Perhaps you are willing to give up your home for peace?
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are many european countries giving more than we are as a percentage of their gdp.
View Quote
Ironically not the ones who can most afford it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yellen took money from the Government pensions CSRS and Thrift Savings so we can send 100s of billions to Ukraine.  Sorry .gov workers, we need a pointless war!
View Quote

Sure she did.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You supply defensive weapons, intel, and training.  Artillery, mines, earth moving and engineers, basic infantry weapons, medical, comms, and lightly armored vehicles.  

You effectively make it extremely difficult/impossible for the Russians to advance...but do not enable the Ukr army to attack into Russia.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can only push so far before Russia will push back in a big way.  For every measure, there is a countermeasure.  

This is unwise.  When the US was supplying the Muj in Afghanistan, they were careful to supply just enough to keep the Russians from winning, but not too much that would enable the Muj to dominate or actually export war.  

We should take that lesson to heart...just enough to keep Russia from winning...nothing more.

So the neighborhood bully is picking on the class runt. Instead of kicking the bully's ass, you cuff the runt's hands behind his back and put a football helmet on him telling him to head butt the bully.

Ukraine is the victim. The Russians are the aggressors. You don't beat the aggressor by allowing him to fight unfettered while telling the victim to just take it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You just don’t hop in a F16, go through a B course at 70ish flying hours and come out real proficient to fly in a highly contested air defense. Not to mention provide CAS/work with a combined arms. An F16 is pretty complex to use and get results with

I’m not a fighter pilot but realize that it takes years to hone a skill. And piloting/fighting a fighter effectively isn’t a few flights thing. There is a reason pilots have to do 11 years in the AF. And it isn’t to get our money out of them for training, it’s the experience that they provide.
View Quote

They have experienced fighter pilots. They just need to learn the new airframe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are they actually paying for this stuff, or is it “aid”?

View Quote

Its cold war closet clean outs so far. The shit was paid for in the 90's and early 2000's. We are assigning a dollar value on it for the aid packages. Shit we have been storing while waiting on demil for a lot of it. It's actually cheaper for Ukraine to shoot it than to properly dispose of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Um... you know they've been fighting a full blown invasion for the past 11 months, right?
View Quote

Actually they were invaded 9 years ago, it just escalated 11 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We really need a WWIII forum
View Quote

If I’m right, in 2025 GD will be it and guys will be posting “can we stop having so many Chinese kill gore threads and talk about this year’s SHOT show”
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

don't see where defending the (D) $$$$ laundry operation is a concern for me
in the run-up to all of this, the negotiators had a deal that Ukraine would remain neutral, Russia said OK & they were going to draw down 50K troops
hours later that same day, your VP, Heels Up Harris, stated that the US was going OK both Ukraine & Georgia into NATO, scuttling the agreement, 72 hours later the war started

the highlighted part told me immediately that Joe & the 'Ho were not interested in peace and as good little democrats wanted a war
View Quote

Oh bullshit. Ukraine was not eligible to join nato. No country is allowed to be admitted if they are actively in a conflict. The exact reason Ukraine was invaded right after they kicked out the commie puppet in 2014. Get your facts straight
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know this may not be a popular factoid but NATO agreed to stay off of Russia's borders after the USSR broke up.  The USA pushing Ukraine NATO membership plus getting Ukraine to surrender their nuclear weapons caused all this shit.  USA crossed a line and Russia did stupid Russian shit because the USA broke a promise trying to get Ukraine to join NATO.  Basically the "word" of the USA doesn't mean shit because we have pulled out or fucked over everyone we promised to help every time since the Korean War.  It's amazing to me that any country we make a treaty with takes us seriously at all.  We literally wasted American blood for 20 years to remove the Taliban only to hand the country back to them on a silver platter.  What was the point of that.  Not one American life was worth that whole shitbox of a country.  

The only high side to all this is at least the US military is getting some world class logistics training on moving our gear worldwide.  Should be a good warm up for when that fucking Winnie the Pooh commie decides to get froggy with Taiwan.  That will be the next upcoming shit show.

View Quote

Lol, more bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just don’t hop in a F16, go through a B course at 70ish flying hours and come out real proficient to fly in a highly contested air defense. Not to mention provide CAS/work with a combined arms. An F16 is pretty complex to use and get results with

I’m not a fighter pilot but realize that it takes years to hone a skill. And piloting/fighting a fighter effectively isn’t a few flights thing. There is a reason pilots have to do 11 years in the AF. And it isn’t to get our money out of them for training, it’s the experience that they provide.

Keep reading, there is a pilot and a back seater saying this is a poor idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You are correct. Also we took an efficient money laundering operation set up for the dems and pubs in Ukraine and brought it to the next level. Now we can launder a trillion dollars.
View Quote

Please explain in detail how this works.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the goal is to stop the violence, the solution is to surrender Crimea and get peace.

Just surrender Crimea for peace.  Then surrender Donbas for peace.  Then surrender Luhansk for peace.  Then.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am not 100% sure, but damn near that Ukraine is not going to get F16's. It would be a lot more than "just the jets" that they need to make the whole operation work. They will need parts, tools, support vehicles. ect.

Given that, I don't think that they would be able to field them as correctly and as needed. A lot of maintenance will have to be done with the required flight hours that is needed.

Also, there are articles saying we sent this amount of money and that amount. Does anyone actually really know how the money is actually spent? We are not just going to ship 100 billion in cash to Ukraine. What we are doing is sending Ukraine our older gear/items, then using those funds to replenish and replace our stocks with new shit. I work for a company that has DOD contracts in the aerospace/aviation industry, we already had to sign a few NDA's on what we are replacing. For every million being spent, maybe 50k of it gets sent to Ukraine in cash.

Now on to the next part of this. I don't hate Ukrainians or Ukraine for that matter. My issue is with Ukraine's government, they are 100% fucked up kind of crooked. I have spent a lot of time in Ukraine over the years, I have met some great people there and met some bad. Like any other country in the world, there is good and bad. But I will not judge a population off of their puppet government and I will not judge the good off of the actions of the bad. Of the maybe 20 or so Ukrainians that I actually know, none want to leave their country and live in America for the beloved gringo dollar or citizenship. If you are finding people that are just looking for a way to get to America, then you are looking in the wrong places and for the wrong thing.

I am not defending the Ukraine Bros or Ukrainians, I am just speaking from what I know. Now yes, I do give the Ukraine Bros some shit here ands there, but it is all in a good ribbing and poking fun.

Agree or disagree, do as you please... I am not one to care about what people say and think about me.
View Quote

The Ukrainians have removed more govt officials for corruption in the last two months than the US has in two years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just surrender Crimea for peace.  Then surrender Donbas for peace.  Then surrender Luhansk for peace.  Then.....
View Quote
Just surrender your bumpstocks, then braces, then binary triggers, then magazines, then AWB, then "sniper rifles", the assault pistols, then cap and ball revolvers....
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Fortunately, all of our systems are quick and easy to master.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All the bravado about how "Ukraine is beating Russia" become just talk when we see stuff like this and the despair to send more and more advanced weaponry to fight the Russians.  

Of course, there's the part about many making a lot of money every time the US sends stuff over there, since large percentages go the usual suspects' pockets.

But there's also the undeniable elephant in the room that Ukraine is taking a serious beating and needs much better stuff than they currently have in order to stand a chance.  After all, why does Ukraine needs F-16s, F-15s, Abrahams, and lots more, if they were "easily winning", as some here and in the lapdog MSM keep boasting?

View Quote

Who says they are "easily winning"? They have held their own for the most part, and have pushed russia back to almost the lines of 2014, but they are not easily winning.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I remember PedoJoe calling this a minor incursion.
View Quote

Well he is about as retarded as tucker, so there is that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sure, why not?

We're flushing our country away for a 3rd world trailer park. May as well go all in.
View Quote

Lol, that was the previous 20 years. Ukrainians are not a trailer park.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There was some videos that came out in like fall I wanna say of Harms being used on MiGs. A pilot gopro video showed a GPS for one of those missions. I think someone guessed that the GPS would help them navigate to the target and they were more or less jettisoning the missiles.
View Quote

The russians were using phone gps in their planes, lol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure Ukraine does not want to invade russia. No one I know there has any desire to. They do want to fuck up russian supply lines, troop concentrations and weapon depots. I am all for giving them the capabilities to keep russia from supplying their troops, and making it impossible to wage war. If it includes targets inside russia, they should be fair game.
Pretty fucking heartless to supply someone with just enough materiel support to fight back and die in large numbers when you can give enough to end it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ironically not the ones who can most afford it.
View Quote

I agree. It's the one's who have been under the thumb of russia, and know the feeling.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#26]
The US should send F22s, all of them.

Fewer than 200 were made and the production line has long been closed. It's no longer the latest and greatest, and the USAF gets rid of an oddball system with its own supply issues.

I'm sure the Ukies would put them to good use.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Who says they are "easily winning"? They have held their own for the most part, and have pushed russia back to almost the lines of 2014, but they are not easily winning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the bravado about how "Ukraine is beating Russia" become just talk when we see stuff like this and the despair to send more and more advanced weaponry to fight the Russians.  

Of course, there's the part about many making a lot of money every time the US sends stuff over there, since large percentages go the usual suspects' pockets.

But there's also the undeniable elephant in the room that Ukraine is taking a serious beating and needs much better stuff than they currently have in order to stand a chance.  After all, why does Ukraine needs F-16s, F-15s, Abrahams, and lots more, if they were "easily winning", as some here and in the lapdog MSM keep boasting?

The Putin Bros are rather adept at moving the goal posts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pretty sure Ukraine does not want to invade russia. No one I know there has any desire to. They do want to fuck up russian supply lines, troop concentrations and weapon depots. I am all for giving them the capabilities to keep russia from supplying their troops, and making it impossible to wage war. If it includes targets inside russia, they should be fair game.
Pretty fucking heartless to supply someone with just enough materiel support to fight back and die in large numbers when you can give enough to end it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ukraine has stopped their ground advance at their border every time they have repelled the Russians back to one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#29]
How old is the F-16 now, 40-50 year old design, something like that? They're being replaced anyway by F-35 and newer versions, I'm sure we've got some older stock of them.

They were built to kill Russians. Use them for what they were built for.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Keep reading, there is a pilot and a back seater saying this is a poor idea.
View Quote

I understand what they are saying. They won't be combat ready in two weeks or months, but the sooner they start, the sooner they are ready. Same with the ground crews. Just the logistics of setting up an airfield with planes parts and supplies will take time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The USA
View Quote

I think he was talking about Europe/NATO. Norway and Turkey also have them.

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Why not the A-10? It was made for this.

Most concerns and objections to the A-10's viability in a modern peer conflict were based on the assumption of competent quality air defenses that would easily deny airspace to something as unstealthy as an A-10. But given the performance of Russia's air defenses in Ukraine, that premise seems faulty.

And if they start rolling out more air defense assets and turning their radars on more often in an effort to shoot down the A-10's, that is good. Russian air defenses moving forward and turning on radars is good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fewer than 200 were made and the production line has long been closed. It's no longer the latest and greatest, and the USAF gets rid of an oddball system with its own supply issues.

View Quote

USAF is behind on F-35s and NGAD and prolonging F-16 timeline and trying to fill gaps with F-15EX so the F-15C/D or older F-16s will be retired this decade but Congress just paid to keep F-22s from retirement
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
USAF scrambling to have enough aircraft and pilots so rotating squadrons now
https://theaviationist.com/2023/01/24/spangdahlems-f-16s-deploy-to-kadena/amp/
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The Ukrainians have removed more govt officials for corruption in the last two months than the US has in two years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not 100% sure, but damn near that Ukraine is not going to get F16's. It would be a lot more than "just the jets" that they need to make the whole operation work. They will need parts, tools, support vehicles. ect.

Given that, I don't think that they would be able to field them as correctly and as needed. A lot of maintenance will have to be done with the required flight hours that is needed.

Also, there are articles saying we sent this amount of money and that amount. Does anyone actually really know how the money is actually spent? We are not just going to ship 100 billion in cash to Ukraine. What we are doing is sending Ukraine our older gear/items, then using those funds to replenish and replace our stocks with new shit. I work for a company that has DOD contracts in the aerospace/aviation industry, we already had to sign a few NDA's on what we are replacing. For every million being spent, maybe 50k of it gets sent to Ukraine in cash.

Now on to the next part of this. I don't hate Ukrainians or Ukraine for that matter. My issue is with Ukraine's government, they are 100% fucked up kind of crooked. I have spent a lot of time in Ukraine over the years, I have met some great people there and met some bad. Like any other country in the world, there is good and bad. But I will not judge a population off of their puppet government and I will not judge the good off of the actions of the bad. Of the maybe 20 or so Ukrainians that I actually know, none want to leave their country and live in America for the beloved gringo dollar or citizenship. If you are finding people that are just looking for a way to get to America, then you are looking in the wrong places and for the wrong thing.

I am not defending the Ukraine Bros or Ukrainians, I am just speaking from what I know. Now yes, I do give the Ukraine Bros some shit here ands there, but it is all in a good ribbing and poking fun.

Agree or disagree, do as you please... I am not one to care about what people say and think about me.

I would like you to keep watching this hand while I do "XXXX" with my other hand.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

But the F-22 also still incorporates a lot of cutting edge stuff that we really don't want Russia getting a look inside at.

Giving Ukraine outdated equipment isn't about some sense of considering them disposable or whatever. It also mitigates Russia's ability to gather intelligence about NATO's most up to date capabilities.

Especially if you grant the assumption that the way this is all headed is that Russia eventually realizes they're going to run out of a military before NATO runs out of arms to sustain Ukraine with, at which point they will employ WMDs, at which point NATO will intervene. Once that starts, the risk of nuclear war goes up a lot, which means Russia needs to have as little intelligence about NATO's capabilities as possible.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But the F-22 also still incorporates a lot of cutting edge stuff that we really don't want Russia getting a look inside at.

Giving Ukraine outdated equipment isn't about some sense of considering them disposable or whatever. It also mitigates Russia's ability to gather intelligence about NATO's most up to date capabilities.

Especially if you grant the assumption that the way this is all headed is that Russia eventually realizes they're going to run out of a military before NATO runs out of arms to sustain Ukraine with, at which point they will employ WMDs, at which point NATO will intervene. Once that starts, the risk of nuclear war goes up a lot, which means Russia needs to have as little intelligence about NATO's capabilities as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it would be cool to see Ukie F22s bombing downtown Krasnodar.

I'd say it's worth the gamble.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#39]
The F-16 is a nuclear capable delivery system. Capable of carrying gravity bomb nukes deep into Russia. That really would provoke a Russian nuclear escalation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The F-16 is a nuclear capable delivery system. Capable of carrying gravity bomb nukes deep into Russia. That really would provoke a Russian nuclear escalation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

What nuclear bombs designed to drop from an F-16 does Ukraine field comrade?
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Most concerns and objections to the A-10's viability in a modern peer conflict were based on the assumption of competent quality air defenses that would easily deny airspace to something as unstealthy as an A-10. But given the performance of Russia's air defenses in Ukraine, that premise seems faulty.

And if they start rolling out more air defense assets and turning their radars on more often in an effort to shoot down the A-10's, that is good. Russian air defenses moving forward and turning on radars is good.
View Quote

This is a nasty Anti-Air environment. A-10’s (like the SU-25’s) would have a very short lifespan. Hell, the frontline Russian fighters have a short lifespan.

I’m sure we’re learning a lot by watching the show.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Toyota pickup is a nuclear capable delivery system (Special Atomic Demolition Munition).  Capable of carrying discreet delivery nukes deep into Russia.  That would also provoke a Russian nuclear escalation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

F16's with AGM65's would do very well in that environment, provided that they have awac support or uplinks to a RQ-170. Use the RQ-170's long range sensors and optics to find the sam sights, then send the coordinates to the F16's allowing them to lock on and fire at low altitudes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a former Hawg driver, and this is so absolutely idiotic I don't know where to begin.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If only the French would have felt the same way..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have every right to fight for their country.  But my country is broke, so they don't have a right to use my tax dollars to do it.

If only the French would have felt the same way..

Stop it. In 1918, after their first battles, the doughboys sang

We've paid our debt
To Lafayette
Who the hell do we owe now?

We've gone broke defending every piss ant country in the world. It's time to let Europe take care of its own problems.

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

F16's with AGM65's would do very well in that environment, provided that they have awac support or uplinks to a RQ-170. Use the RQ-170's long range sensors and optics to find the sam sights, then send the coordinates to the F16's allowing them to lock on and fire at low altitudes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't aware that the Maverick is a nuclear capable munition.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AGM65 was designed specifically for the role in which they want to use the F16's, I say let em go in swinging. Ukraine has surprised the world in how they used what they had in the early stages against Russia. Our older F16's are still light years ahead of anything that Russia has and are very capable of doing precision strikes against enemy air defenses and armor convoys. If we allow them to link up to NATO AWAC and NATO drones, they just might be able to pull it off. The downside of this would be the airframe hours, and support systems to maintain the aircraft.

About firing nukes into Mother Russia.....  Anything is dildo if you're brave enough.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ukraine isnt going to attack into Russia.

That is guaranteed. Notice when they drove Russia out of Kharkiv they stopped at the border.

They don’t need to be defensive, they need to go on the offensive and push Russia back out of the annexed territories.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kherson oblast for peace

Then chernihiv oblast for peace

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top