What's the gain for him to do so?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Officers should be fired and jailed for same amount of time.
Lol why are you blaming the officers for what the court says constitutes valid PC for an arrest?
Um, because you are the one that can stop the bullshit avalanche from starting?
You're right.

Promotion>Rights>Integrity>Going home safe.

Something something stupid games, something something stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
None.  Something something free men can't be controlled something only criminals.  I believe the next part is something like : If you don't have enough criminals, make them, or something.

Shrugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol why are you blaming the officers for what the court says constitutes valid PC for an arrest?
None.  Something something free men can't be controlled something only criminals.  I believe the next part is something like : If you don't have enough criminals, make them, or something.

Shrugs.
Effin eh
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, "Befehl ist Befehl!" - the Nuremberg defense.

You need some spiritual introspection. There is still such a thing as right and wrong regardless of what the courts hold. It is permanent and immovable - and you need to find it somewhere other than in the interlocked arms of your brothers that are declaring war on the unwashed masses.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nope. No one in our department carries them. But they did give us narcan to carry
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is full of shit and trying to save face.  I have went blue in my thumbs trying to tell him and his homies what the score really is.  It is like talking to my liberal biomom, it is a waste of time because I don't know nothin'.

These days, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Nope. No one in our department carries them. But they did give us narcan to carry
Of what relevance is Narcan to gypsum dust?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You need some spiritual introspection. There is still such a thing as right and wrong regardless of what the courts hold. It is permanent and immovable - and you need to find it somewhere other than in the interlocked arms of your brothers that are declaring war on the unwashed masses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The word you were looking for is civilians.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
all of the self outed moth breathers in this thread don't get my humor, apparently you included
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a time that righteousness was gain of itself. That time has sadly passed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
all of the self outed moth breathers in this thread don't get my humor, apparently you included
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now it's humor?

LMAO

If so, this is at least a three year comedy sketch with no punchline.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]
This shit has to end.

The spirit of the constitution, and common sense, tells us a man should be secure in his property.  That individuals should be free to exercise their inalienable rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  These are kind of our founding principles and the support of which is the value of the United States of America.

Without supporting these inalienable rights, the United States and its constitution are both worthless.

Our execution of the law shouldn't be "if it catches one criminal", it should be "if it protects one individual's rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness".

The war on drugs isn't worth violating our basic values.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm - thank you?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This shit has to end.

The spirit of the constitution, and common sense, tells us a man should be secure in his property.  That individuals should be free to exercise their inalienable rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  These are kind of our founding principals and the support of which is the value of the United States of America.

Without supporting these inalienable rights, the United States and its constitution are both worthless.

Our execution of the law shouldn't be "if it catches one criminal", it should be "if it protects one individual's rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness".

View Quote
I should let you speak for me.

But like Trumps tweets; fuck it, I am all in.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What if the money tests positive for cocaine?

Check mate.
View Quote
Better yet, what if THAT was what they hit him with violating probation for...

It's like the Catch-22 of drug busts.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think suing should be necessary.  I think each level of "legal", wrongful kidnapping should at the minimum carry a financial penalty, and reparations.

Something like this...

1.  $10,000 for the arrest itself plus any damage to property or loss of wages.
2.  $10,000 for the initial booking at the jail, and then 3x the person's hourly earnings (or minimum wage if unemployed), for each hour spent in jail.

All paid upon exoneration.

Then the municipality must undergo the expense to clear the person's name, articles and press releases, whatever it takes.  Because like it or not, admit it or not, everyone pretty much makes assumptions about you if you're arrested.  It matters not whether you're innocent or what you're being arrested for, we all make conscious and subconscious assumptions about the arrestee.  

I think the state should be held accountable for unjustified or mistaken disruptions to a person's life, and it should be enough to make them a little more reluctant to pull the trigger willy-nilly, or abuse their "legal" authority.  It should also more than make the arrestee whole, and compensate him/her for the trauma and disruption to their life.  

I also think the arresting officer, and any other government official involved should be thoroughly investigated, and at the very least reprimanded and retrained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i would be suing the shit out of that dept. . makes you wonder if dogs are actually misused regularly.
I don't think suing should be necessary.  I think each level of "legal", wrongful kidnapping should at the minimum carry a financial penalty, and reparations.

Something like this...

2.  $10,000 for the initial booking at the jail, and then 3x the person's hourly earnings (or minimum wage if unemployed), for each hour spent in jail.

Then the municipality must undergo the expense to clear the person's name, articles and press releases, whatever it takes.  Because like it or not, admit it or not, everyone pretty much makes assumptions about you if you're arrested.  It matters not whether you're innocent or what you're being arrested for, we all make conscious and subconscious assumptions about the arrestee.  

I think the state should be held accountable for unjustified or mistaken disruptions to a person's life, and it should be enough to make them a little more reluctant to pull the trigger willy-nilly, or abuse their "legal" authority.  It should also more than make the arrestee whole, and compensate him/her for the trauma and disruption to their life.  

I also think the arresting officer, and any other government official involved should be thoroughly investigated, and at the very least reprimanded and retrained.
This person is on to something.

The argument that an arrest is not a conviction is based on the idea that absent a conviction, there is no punishment. That is obviously false on the face of it, and everyone needs to quit pretending otherwise. An arrest, even a false one that leads to charges being dropped or dismissed, is still hugely destructive.

At a minimum, when these things occur, the state should be liable for all legal fees and lost wages. There should also be a requirement that the state make a public statement admitting wrongdoing.

I'm less onboard with personal consequences for the arresting officers unless it is obviously egregious or the officer has a history of causing problems like this. I don't want cops afraid to do their jobs. At the end of the day, the taxpayers are responsible for the actions of their employees, so I don't have an issue with reparations for lost wages and lost reputation coming out of the public treasury.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now it's humor?

LMAO

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now it's humor?

LMAO

I did not read it as humor. I read it as smug pugnacity - that the Narcan was considered the more relevant item for the officer to carry rather than the known-to-be-faulty field test. This is a continuance of his straw man tactics however. Narcan has no relevance to gypsum dust, which is the primary topic of this thread.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry. We have investigated ourselves and our dogs, and have found nothing wrong. Thank you for your concern, citizen.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The argument that an arrest is not a conviction is based on the idea that absent a conviction, there is no punishment. That is obviously false on the face of it, and everyone needs to quit pretending otherwise. An arrest, even a false one that leads to charges being dropped or dismissed, is still hugely destructive.

At a minimum, when these things occur, the state should be liable for all legal fees and lost wages. There should also be a requirement that the state make a public statement admitting wrongdoing.

I'm less onboard with personal consequences for the arresting officers unless it is obviously egregious or the officer has a history of causing problems like this. I don't want cops afraid to do their jobs. At the end of the day, the taxpayers are responsible for the actions of their employees, so I don't have an issue with reparations for lost wages and lost reputation coming out of the public treasury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i would be suing the shit out of that dept. . makes you wonder if dogs are actually misused regularly.

Something like this...

I think cops should carry personal liability insurance that is not on the taxpayers dime like I am expected to carry liability insurance on my own dime for cutting grass.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I did not read it as humor. I read it as smug pugnacity - that the Narcan was considered the more relevant item for the officer to carry rather than the known-to-be-faulty field test. This is a continuance of his straw man tactics however. Narcan has no relevance to gypsum dust, which is the primary topic of this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now it's humor?

LMAO

Again,  EXPERT WITNESS.

Edit - I wonder if this expert witness can recall our debates from 2013.  Him and his infallible testimony.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think cops should carry personal liability insurance that is not on the taxpayers dime like I am expected to carry liability insurance on my own dime for cutting grass.
View Quote
Good idea
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't worry. We have investigated ourselves and our dogs, and have found nothing wrong. Thank you for your concern, citizen.
View Quote
Many departments have admitted under oath that their dogs' performance is not tracked and is, therefore, not quantifiable.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why would you be using court opinion as the upper limit for discretion?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should probably double-check your punctuation and spelling when you're calling everyone else a "moth breather."
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good idea
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea
I am sure you will advocate for it next monday, when the market collapses.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck is a moth breather?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good idea
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea
Is that humor again or are we finding a sliver of common ground?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would, but the union would fight it i'm afraid
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You should probably double-check your punctuation and spelling when you're calling everyone else a "moth breather."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even 1andy2 is up in this bitch?

How the tides have changed since I was a young grasshopper.  Hole E Phuck
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are called PC on a leash for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This shit has to end.

The spirit of the constitution, and common sense, tells us a man should be secure in his property.  That individuals should be free to exercise their inalienable rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  These are kind of our founding principles and the support of which is the value of the United States of America.

The war on drugs isn't worth violating our basic values.  The courts have granted law enforcement to use drug dogs to circumvent our founding principles
View Quote
Bingo!

Let's visit my earlier post with picture.  I have a felony drug arrest on my record, a few thousand in cash, gun, and white powder in my vehicle.

I was arrested for my prescribed medications being in the wrong bottle = felony drug arrest record even though no criminal history (charges dropped).

The cash is lawfully acquired earnings used to buy specialized construction materials quickly where I have no account.

White powder is, wait for it.....drywall from one of my jobs.

Gun is my rifle because, fuck you!  That's why.

But yes, because of a blue knight with no motive to do the right thing, I get to do the stupid human tricks if I'm stopped for a burned out trailer light.  Because of a felony drug ARREST, for legally prescribed and possessed meds not in the correct container.

I could very well be this man in the OP arrested by LEO in this very thread.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the tacticool cargo pockets?

What a brave man you are.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shhh!!  The irony is awesome!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bingo!

Let's visit my earlier post with picture.  I have a felony drug arrest on my record, a few thousand in cash, gun, and white powder in my vehicle.

I was arrested for my prescribed medications being in the wrong bottle = felony drug arrest record even though no criminal history (charges dropped).

The cash is lawfully acquired earnings used to buy specialized construction materials quickly where I have no account.

But yes, because of a blue knight with no motive to do the right thing, I get to do the stupid human tricks if I'm stopped for a burned out trailer light.  Because of a felony drug ARREST, for legally prescribed and possessed meds not in the correct container.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139525/IMG-0531-240249.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139525/IMG-0532-240250.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This shit has to end.

The war on drugs isn't worth violating our basic values.  The courts have granted law enforcement to use drug dogs to circumvent our founding principles
Bingo!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139525/IMG-0531-240249.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139525/IMG-0532-240250.JPG
I wonder how many cops take their oxycontin before their shift patrolling while operation a motor vehicle.

Edit- operating.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assumed he meant to say "mouth breather". I cannot take this as an insult because I am physiologically adapted to breathe both through my nose or my mouth as conditions require. All of my favorite memories involve "mouth breathing" so I am inclined to not criticize him for assuming as much - pushing 20 miles across broken terrain in 115 degree heat, charging into the fray to save my brothers, engaging in the most vigorous of amorous endeavors - good times are to be had mouth breathing. It is not to be underestimated.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
when are you just gonna go ahead and tell us what you were wrongfully charged with?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dogs are approximately as accurate at detecting drugs as flipping coins would be. Let's get rid of drug-sniffing dogs.
View Quote

That's actually a pretty accurate analogy. Heads, you're free to go. Tails, the coin licks its own ass and sends you to jail for 3 months.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
when are you just gonna go ahead and tell us what you were wrongfully charged with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have earned and not fought a single charge that has been brought against me.  I will IM you with my info if you would like to verify.  I have roughly outlined all incidences on this very forum.

The only thing I am ashamed of is my DUI that I deserved, but it was bullshit by no fault of the trooper that responded after I called the cops on myself.

I am a special kind of fucked up, and I pride myself on that.

Edit - that trooper said he would have let me go after my preliminary hearing had he known who I was prior to the arrest.  I knew who he was by his name and fished for shit when we talked afterwards because I needed to learn that lesson.

But I can tell you about a police chief that watched his son beat up my little brother while on duty before he was chief, and how I exacted immediate revenge.  Strangely enough, I wasnt arrested but I was jumped by his biker buddies not long after.

Needless to say, I can blow every stop sign in town without worries these days.  I am like the gangbanger you ignore because your dick isn't big enough to fuck me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This shit has to end.

View Quote
Well said (as usual).

I don't see it changing in my lifetime though,so we'll all rehash this next time it happens.............
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'm curious too.  I wasn't wrongfully charged.  I just get to provide you entertainment and a feeling of superiority.  Glad to do my public service.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL no it doesn't.

It is FACT that dogs are missused 100% of the time and most times there is a "hit" is because the handler wants PC to search and signals it. There have been NUMEROUS independent tests that shows that dogs are wrong something like 60%+ of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/08/04/federal-appeals-court-drug-dog-thats-barely-more-accurate-than-a-coin-flip-is-good-enough/

http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/2572167/drug-sniffing-police-dogs-inaccurate-reflect-racial-bias/

http://reason.com/blog/2013/02/27/how-even-a-well-trained-narcotics-detect
View Quote
Never seen a dog on a scent, have you...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have earned and not fought a single charge that has been brought against me.  I will IM you with my info if you would like to verify.  I have roughly outlined all incidences on this very forum.

The only thing I am ashamed of is my DUI that I deserved, but it was bullshit by no fault of the trooper that responded after I called the cops on myself.

View Quote
No IM needed.

Just seems your hate grows from some incident(s) where you were fucked over. Guess not
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ownership of responsibility, no matter how grave the offense, is a difficult rampart to assail.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#41]
deleted.  Thread is already a shit show
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No IM needed.

Just seems your hate grows from some incident(s) where you were fucked over. Guess not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No IM needed.

It isnt even hate.  It is disgust.  I may not be the most refined patriot you will ever meet, but I am damned sure set in my beliefs after having experienced ALL sides of the law.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ownership of responsibility, no matter how grave the offense, is a difficult rampart to assail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I aim to misbehave, so there is that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
And there it is... page 7 and finally we're "just following orders."
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
all the working (sniffers) dogs I have seen  are fucking useless
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not going to defend or condemn the use of dogs.  My concern is the false positive test.  Was this addressed?  My experience is that nothing will cause a false positive for cocaine.  And why did they get a case filed without a positive lab test?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol,guess it depends on which side you are on as to their "value".
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm not going to defend or condemn the use of dogs.  My concern is the false positive test.  Was this addressed?  My experience is that nothing will cause a false positive for cocaine.  And why did they get a case filed without a positive lab test?
View Quote
Do the field tests from your experience use cobalt thiocyanate?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
It has, but there are too many rabbit holes here to stay on topic for our chief LE in this thread.  It has devolved into an LE integrity fight.  LE is losing ground fast, regardless of what the conversation shifts to.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do the field tests from your experience use cobalt thiocyanate?
View Quote
My agency did not allow field test kits.  We make arrests based on training and experience, but the arrestee can't be held over a few hours without a chemical test that has been dead nuts accurate in every case.  That's still not good enough for the DA.  We have to have lab test results (GC/MS) in-hand to get a case filed.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top