Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my Noveske. My only gripe for a combat rifle is that the tolerances are so tight I can’t knock out the take down pins without a punch. Can’t do it by hand.

That and their stainless barrels are heavy as shit. Haven’t tried there hammer forged barrel.
View Quote

They have lightweight stainless barrels.

Although my Recon is an EASY 3/4 MOA rifle.

ETA:  I own 3 Noveke's.   Light Recce, Recon, factory SBR light shorty (with switchblock rail).  They are all exceptional in every way.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine are my favorites of any of them. Esp the Infidel and Afghans.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not really interested in Noveske stuff. No doubt it’s good, just not what I want.

I am, however, glad you’re back.  I hope you were able to accomplish what you wanted during your hiatus.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]

LOL I was good buds with the staff at RCC that trained and ran setup on a lot of their parts back in the day (instructors came in and did the programming and tooling/jig setup, left them with just push this button collect bacon). Barrels are good, I will give them that. But they hand ream them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck Noveske. They took a great company and made it into a douchebag Instagram bro t shirt company. There's plenty of companies making solid rifles. I'll never buy another one until they become an actual gun company again.
View Quote

To be fair they did have some nice T shirts
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh god if you only knew the inside stories.

LOFL. Its a big nope from me dawg.
View Quote
I wonder if they're the same ones I know. My family knew John to a degree.

He was more intimate with their decorative boulders though. That corner catches a lot of cars
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... in just about every way.

When you buy a PSA, you aren't spending your dollars with massive corporations designed to extract maximum revenue off the American People and funnel them to various investment groups who spread your money around in ways that you'd probably disagree with. You're supporting a small business that's maintained the same culture for 21 years.

When you buy a PSA, you are supporting a company with the same values as you. You are supporting the little guy. The dream and legacy of an idealistic American Patriot who wanted to produce the best rifle available.  

You're not supporting a company who only cares about military contracts and will shut down their civilian line at a moments notice, or make exclusive products for the government, if Uncle Sam throws the wallet around enough.

When you buy a PSA, you are purchasing a commitment to quality, from the individually serialized barrels to the hand polished chambers.

You're not getting some fly by night company who decided to get into firearms because of the increase of popularity or to chase social media popularity. You're not getting some tacky new fad. You can even get a meme rifle. You're getting a rifle designed to work, in all conditions, while doing so with the highest quality fit and finish in the industry.

And do it in style.

Attachment Attached File

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you buy a PSA, you aren't spending your dollars with massive corporations designed to extract maximum revenue off the American People and funnel them to various investment groups who spread your money around in ways that you'd probably disagree with. You're supporting a small business that's maintained the same culture for 21 years.

When you buy a PSA, you are supporting a company with the same values as you. You are supporting the little guy. The dream and legacy of an idealistic American Patriot who wanted to produce the best rifle available.  

You're not supporting a company who only cares about military contracts and will shut down their civilian line at a moments notice, or make exclusive products for the government, if Uncle Sam throws the wallet around enough.

When you buy a PSA, you are purchasing a commitment to quality, from the individually serialized barrels to the hand polished chambers.

You're not getting some fly by night company who decided to get into firearms because of the increase of popularity or to chase social media popularity. You're not getting some tacky new fad or meme rifle. You're getting a rifle designed to work, in all conditions, while doing so with the highest quality fit and finish in the industry.

And do it in style.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47594/PSA-2452076.png

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Lmao. Why did you put a Hasselblad water mark on your picture? Is it an attempt to tell us how wealthy you are? That you also shoot on a $30,000 body? lol ffs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Did the Sig pay checks bounce?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lmao. Why did you put a Hasselblad water mark on your picture? Is it an attempt to tell us how wealthy you are? That you also shoot on a $30,000 body? lol ffs.
View Quote

OP owns a Noveske. You should call him Sir.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]
They're solid
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my Noveske PEQ/Light mount.

Oh, and the little QD plate thing they make for the back of the lower receiver.

I think one of my SBRs has a Noveske barrel, but I can't tell you which offhand.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
my dev clone is real nice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Noveske Light RECCE Basic I got a bit after John died. Simple, solid gun and still enjoy shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must be unfamiliar with Narphenal threads.

Its kind of his thing. Post nice pictures of expensive unfired guns and make polarizing statements to rile up the locals.

It can be an entertaining diversion from the "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE" threads that GD loves so much.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He was more intimate with their decorative boulders though. That corner catches a lot of cars
View Quote

and when you leave pretty tipsy. I can see hitting it.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Contractually obligated.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#20]
op had to be one of the guys who bought an Era3 rifle
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You must be unfamiliar with Narphenal threads.

Its kind of his thing. Post nice pictures of expensive unfired guns and make polarizing statements to rile up the locals.

It can be an entertaining diversion from the "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE" threads that GD loves so much.
View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#22]
My DD MK18 disagrees.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Contractually obligated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contractually obligated.

By who?

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14562/download-2044444.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14562/download-2044444.jpg
When you're that tipsy, you don't see shit

The boulders were still there last time I was. Beats having a car run through the house.

I should visit again.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The only people who disagree with me were bullied in high school.

Damn, don't have my Dead Air x Noveske guns with me. Took this for you instead.
https://i.imgur.com/fvf3fdo.jpg
View Quote

Nice hasselblad flex.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I've looked a few times over the past few months and they don't have one gun in stock.

It seems they make nice stuff but the strategy for them is to be Instagram bro gun and do drops with limited quantities to drum up a demand.

They may be stylish and functional but they are a company that is a true child of social media and decreasing in amounts of actual substance daily.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#27]
3 Novs
2 Larue
1 LMT..

Cant complain
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt < Noveske < Geissele < KAC
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When you buy a Noveske, you aren't spending your dollars with massive corporations designed to extract maximum revenue off the American People and funnel them to various investment groups who spread your money around in ways that you'd probably disagree with. You're supporting a small business that's maintained the same culture for 21 years.

When you buy a Noveske, you are supporting a company with the same values as you. You are supporting the little guy. The dream and legacy of an idealistic American Patriot who wanted to produce the best rifle available.  

When you buy a Noveske, you are purchasing a commitment to quality, from the individually serialized barrels to the hand polished chambers.

You're not getting some fly by night company who decided to get into firearms because of the increase of popularity or to chase social media popularity. You're not getting some tacky new fad or meme rifle. You're getting a rifle designed to work, in all conditions, while doing so with the highest quality fit and finish in the industry.

And do it in style.

https://i.imgur.com/DsLXrzk.jpg
View Quote
I still get a chuckle when someone spouts off the top tier ARs and they make no mention of Noveske rifles. It's funny cause they must never have shot one or else they would know. My most prized possession is one of the last ARs that were built prior to J.N.s passing.

It was also the first firearm I had ever shot that felt as if it became an extension of my own body. A surreal experience that has yet to have replicated with any other AR platform rifle.

Agreed!!!

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Sig must have been fucking a black guy behind OPs back to spur this sort of behavior.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree KAC’s are very nice… oh my bad wrong thread :p
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've looked a few times over the past few months and they don't have one gun in stock.

It seems they make nice stuff but the strategy for them is to be Instagram bro gun and do drops with limited quantities to drum up a demand.

They may be stylish and functional but they are a company that is a true child of social media and decreasing in amounts of actual substance daily.
View Quote

It’s actually because they have been prioritizing getting complete guns in the hands of their dealers and have an absolutely insane backlog.

But good try though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I need a 11.5" barrel and was looking at Noveske, DD, and some others trying to figure out the best barrel for the money.
View Quote

Centurion or BRT. f you want a Noveske type barrel, got with Vseven.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Colt < Geissele < Noveske < KAC
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Been running like a raped ape for nearly 10 years now. 7.5” Diplomat in 6.8 SPC.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#36]
There are a ton of Gen I Recon rifles on GB for $2k or less. I assume they were made before John passed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My DD MK18 disagrees.
View Quote

Mine does not, Or do the others my LGS sold including my buddy’s who has next SN to mine.

All had defective stocks. Yay! Auto collapsing stock! Replacements were crapola.
All over gassed, requiring replacement barrels.

For all the “DD CS is the best” Why did it takes so long to get replacement stocks?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#39]
sadly noveske died with John.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve never had an oem complete rifle but have used many noveske components over the years, been very happy. Currently have a 14.5 stainless mid length Afghan barrel on an sbr and very happy with its accuracy and gassing. Suppressed and unsuppressed. Bought the last 16 inch fluted stainless mid length stainless barrel they had from their 4th of July sale and eagerly anticipating its arrival for a light weight hunting and target rifle I’ve got in the works. I don’t care for their noveske badged accessories. Especially the Troy sights.

I think the brand is cool, as well as their branding and their videos too. While I’m not down with the flatbill Instagram thing I can’t really fault the kids that took over after John died. They kept his life’s work prominent and relevant among the millennial generation, in Oregon no less and elsewhere.

Props to a popular gun company from Oregon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
sadly noveske died with John.
View Quote

Came to post this.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And do it in style.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47594/PSA-2452076.png

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When you're that tipsy, you don't see shit

The boulders were still there last time I was. Beats having a car run through the house.

I should visit again.
View Quote

I know the dispatcher that took that call. the whole thing is pretty f'ed up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I bought a Noveske NMmod0 7pt barrel then ordered a Noveske N4 lower.   By then Noveske uppers were unobtainium, so I found a chainsaw stripped upper which mated up perfectly, mounted a carbon fiber fore arm and a Geiselle SSA.
I may not be a factory made complete rifle, but I have no complaints.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Contractually obligated.
View Quote

So. You're a paid schill then. Got it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My DD MK18 disagrees.
View Quote

A Tier 1 unit disagrees with you.

Quoted:

View Quote

Noveske sold more guns last year than ever before, IIRC.

Quoted:
I agree KAC’s are very nice… oh my bad wrong thread :p
View Quote

If gas in your face is your fetish, sure.

Planning a 308 build. Going to go with a Noveske 16" switchblock barrel and rail.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Sold a few, regret it. They were all factory rifles from when John was alive. I still have a Ares profiled rifle, that Noveske  did for a few distributors, right when he died. I haven’t cared much since.

I am a Vseven nut, and ironically the owner has prior experience with Noveske from the old days. I usually sell a organ to fund their barrels, but they are top notch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#48]
At least its not another SIG fanboy thread. SIG will become the next Colt.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

shut your dirty whore mouth when you talk to me!! thats awesome!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I owned several Noveske products and firearms  I was relatively new in the platform and I loved the product.

After John died I received several out of spec receivers and saw the QC really take a hit. It's probably better now  but I moved on and I'm not going back.
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top