Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/1/2022 2:57:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Our country is screwed. It's going to be hilarious when the reality check finally comes for these people, although the mass suicides may not be so hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I live way below my means, and there is so much fat in my company before they get to my department, and I have seniority within my department, and knowledge most dont have

Really hard times are coming especially if Biden shuts down the Permian Basin.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey coming into the office is great, you can't get all of this working remotely. It's really awesome coming in, please come back to the office.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, that's going to be a bad situation. Seems democrats are so furious with the Supreme Court, they are unfurling the cat-o-nine tails to use on us.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I live way below my means, and there is so much fat in my company before they get to my department, and I have seniority within my department, and knowledge most dont have

View Quote

Shutting down the Permian will just put more pressure on the Eagleford and Barnett.  I’ve got crews working their asses off in the Barnett trying to keep up.  The higher prices make the PITA involved worth the squeeze up here.  We are seeing wells getting worked that were basically set for P&A because in the past it was cheaper to do that than keep them in compliance.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't tell if that's serious or some type of sarcasm.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
"working in tech"

with that dogshit laptop, no external monitors, keyboard, or mouse.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF was that?

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#9]
That girl is going to be a land whale in no time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I worked at rising tech company years ago.

Free food and beverages in the office, quarterly nicely catered open bar happy hours, well equipped in office gym, really nice huge park surrounding the building.

Hated it, those perks did not nearly begin to offset the long hours, backstabbing politics, and soul sucking grind.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Free food and beverages in the office, quarterly nicely catered open bar happy hours, well equipped in office gym, really nice huge park surrounding the building.

Hated it, those perks did not nearly begin to offset the long hours, backstabbing politics, and soul sucking grind.
View Quote

Usually when I see offices as comfortable as home, it’s because the staff practically lives there
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta be sarcasm
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#14]
At our company mid six figure executives sit in cubes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a few projects that big tech supported and made a few visits to their facilities in CA for coordination meetings. I always loaded my day pack up with Cliff bars when I was there.

As side a note it always amuses me to know how many people that woke companies like Google, Amazon, etc…have facilitated killing overseas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:40:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what I thought!  I don't eat that much in a day!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on the company I guess. My last job was an IT company and had all that minus the gym and park. They were really good about not pushing people to work insane hours if they didnt want to, politics was a non issue, and the culture was about achieving the individuals' best over group think. Young staff too, lots of happy hours and trips to the ballpark. Ive never been at a place where I had higher job satisfaction. I work for a manufacturing company now and it suuuucks the life out of me how slow and undynamic the manufacturing processes is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At our company mid six figure executives sit in cubes.
View Quote

By mid 6 figures are you inferring a salary in the  $3-500K range?

Because I have a hard time believing that anyone making, let's say $400K , is sitting in a cubicle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Ugh. For some reason, a lot of young women seem to get sucked into big companies and turned into 100% true believers. They'll defend management to the death and gladly burn dissenters. I'd avoid Ms. LinkedIn like the plague if I worked around her.

My amateur psychologist opinion is that they're substituting the company for a father or husband.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, like to see her in ten years at that rate.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#21]
These people will demand access to your 401k when this all comes down, and it will.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#22]
If I was in my 20s and single that would be the fucking job
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#23]
That's gotta be sarcasm. I think I do more on linkedin then her just as a user and LinkedIn Advisor lol.

From my experience the "tech" companies like that that offer all those really fancy perks want you to sell your soul to them and you basically live there or are working almost around the clock.

Unless that girls a marathon running she's going to be the size of a house soon thought lol. I bet just the drinks she had get close to my daily carb/calories intake lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#25]
It was 121*F in the shop last week. Lunch was not provided. Food was not provided.
We do not have a safe space.
We did dangerous shit on heavy shit and we're all conservative to ultra conservative Christians.
I win.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya...she already had a latte, mojito, fruit, and a a chai tea before lunch..that's some car sales levels of work snacking

Also, no amount of money could make me wanna hangout with corporate gen z in a city everyday.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#27]
They are probably paying some people in India 3rd world slave wages to maintain their site and handle their IT which is the core of why they exist. They probably make most of
their money by harvesting customer data, bundling it and selling it to marketing companies.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"working in tech"

View Quote

She is in the marketing department.  You'd better believe there's about a thousand H1B's in the basement who never see the light of day putting in 12-hour days cranking out code to keep this bozo in chai tea.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#29]
That has to be some sly recruitment ploy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

She is in the marketing department.  You'd better believe there's about a thousand H1B's in the basement who never see the light of day putting in 12-hour days cranking out code to keep this bozo in chai tea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"working in tech"

A real plantation operation.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#31]
urbanite and city people.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That has to be some sly recruitment ploy.
View Quote

I mean, she said she got a new marketing position in the the video
But, it's not very sly lol. She's appealing to the young hip urban demographic. LinkedIn is like the only social media I still sort "use" and it sucks too lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#33]
This is the fault of the universities. Pandering to every little leftist degenerate demand.

Wtf did I just watch?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"working in tech"

Liberals love brown people slavery. Always have
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ugh. For some reason, a lot of young women seem to get sucked into big companies and turned into 100% true believers. They'll defend management to the death and gladly burn dissenters. I'd avoid Ms. LinkedIn like the plague if I worked around her.

My amateur psychologist opinion is that they're substituting the company for a father or husband.
View Quote

This. Seen it in young nurses that management takes under their wing, grooming them to be the next 5th floor tyrant. Fuck those type of people.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Joke is on them.
My work is where I go to get away from children singing, someone preparing bullshit fake food, ping pong noises, and others stressing about meaningless certifications.

It is the most relaxing part of my day.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If I was in my 20s and single that would be the fucking job
View Quote

Maybe, then again in my mid 20s I had nothing but pussy 100% on my mind 100% of the time (well, now at 49 it's 98% on my mind 99% of the time, but I digress). Anyway, in that type of environment, if one isn't a metro beta, wuss, you will be outta there before lunch on charges of toxic masculinity or some other woke shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#40]
City people are fucking weird.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I think she needs to take mental health day after that grueling workload.

Is this the millennial bashing thread or gen z?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Was she serious, or was she making a parody/joke video?  I can't tell anymore.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#43]
This is her linkedin. She's a low level marketing type person in their business leadership program. She didn't get her bachleors (BBA) until 2021.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/natasha-badger/details/experience/

Work was a lot more fun when I was in my 20's too and I had no real responsibilities yet lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#44]
That is why Elon thinks he can make Twitter profitable.  There were videos of Twitter employees released that show they operate the same way, they work at most a couple hours a day and everything else is relaxing or snacking for "mental health".  Fire all the dead weight, eliminate the other business costs associated with them, and suddenly the company is a lot more profitable.

I find it hilarious that she needed the quiet room to relax and unplug from work after only attending 1 meeting in 5 hours.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like some kind of pampered cult of snackers.

"Quiet room."

LOL.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

By mid 6 figures are you inferring a salary in the  $3-500K range?

Because I have a hard time believing that anyone making, let's say $400K , is sitting in a cubicle.
View Quote

No, the trendy thing last couple years is “open office”, which in reality means that the high level folks have to spend their entire day in phone booth/huddle rooms on phone/zoom meetings that contain sensitive information or subjects.

Stupidest fucking thing ever. Zero privacy unless you go in the phone booth. “Oh, but it’s VERY European”
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#47]
This was a new employee's first day at work, not a seasoned employee who's been around for years.

Y'all pretending this is a normal day at work for the lady who created this tiktok is utter stupidity.

As an aside, she put her finger over the name of the marketing boss who sent her the email saying which department she was going to work in. She didn't do a good job of covering it up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Maybe, then again in my mid 20s I had nothing but pussy 100% on my mind 100% of the time (well, now at 49 it's 98% on my mind 99% of the time, but I digress). Anyway, in that type of environment, if one isn't a metro beta, wuss, you will be outta there before lunch on charges of toxic masculinity or some other woke shit.
View Quote

You forgot rule #1. Be good looking.

Sexual Harassment and You - Saturday Night Live
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Was she serious, or was she making a parody/joke video?  I can't tell anymore.
View Quote

Parody with enough elements of truth to make it pretty funny.
ETA: hopefully. If it was unintentional parody, that makes it even funnier. LOL
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Chai lattes and quiet rooms are great... for some people... I guess.  I'm fortunate to have the best tech workplace ever.

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top