Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carrying something is better than carrying nothing. If I want to carry, I must be able to absolutely conceal it. I cannot conceal a double stack anything any more than I could conceal an AR pistol.

I carry a p938.
View Quote
I'm 6' 187# and I love my 938.  Carries like a little gun, shoots like a bigger gun.

No ragerts.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm 6' 187# and I love my 938.  Carries like a little gun, shoots like a bigger gun.

No ragerts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carrying something is better than carrying nothing. If I want to carry, I must be able to absolutely conceal it. I cannot conceal a double stack anything any more than I could conceal an AR pistol.

I carry a p938.

No ragerts.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I carry a p938.
View Quote
Pics would help drive your point
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Weekend carry gun is a G26 or G29.

Weekdays in the office are for my P238. There's also a 1911 within close reach off body if need be
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is there a law against carrying more than 1 magazine or 10 rounds total?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if i can only carry 10rds
Why, what's wrong? Are your muscles not strong enough to carry more than that?
You don't get out or read much do you?
I don't understand. Does he have a medical condition that prevents him from carrying more ammunition?
In the United States there are some states where it is illegal to own magazines that hold more than 10rds. When you visit you will learn this.
Is there a law against carrying more than 1 magazine or 10 rounds total?
Fuck no, I be stackin'
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a p938.
See? And it’s pretty, too.

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why? Are your muscles too weak to carry normal sized magazines?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m limited to 10 round mags.

S&W Shield 9. Mag-Guts +2 kits.

The 7 and 8 round mags that came with the gun are now 9 and 10.

9+1 + 10 = 20 rounds on tap
Why? Are your muscles too weak to carry normal sized magazines?
Mr. DOJ agent, I am fully in compliance with state firearms laws.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

G26 is lighter (196 grams), smaller (14mm in length, 7mm in height), has less recoil, and has the same capacity. G19 is only slightly bigger (8mm in length, 15mm in height) and still weighs less (55 grams) with less recoil and a 33% increase in capacity. With this in mind, what advantages do you perceive a subcompact 10mm to have for self defense?
View Quote
The 26 isn’t best millimeter.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
A 26 millimeter would a really huge gun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck it.  Just sling a rifle and a chest rig. Why be undergunned.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://gaybook.reviews/wpstorage/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Im-strangely-comfortable-with-it.gif
True story. When I wrote the above my brain was hearing it in the voice of the "huge frigging guy" detective. I almost wrote "huge frigging gun".
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a p938.
See? And it’s pretty, too.

https://www.sig-guru.com/files/models/about-sig-sauer-p938-1519986084.jpg
Rawr
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]
G26 with a g19 mag and X-grip, fits my hand perfect.
Feels much better than a g19.

Plus reloads.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Ankle holster, amirite?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's just like your opinion man.
View Quote
Yep. Opinions are like assholes... everybody has one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you don't have 33 round 9mm Glock magazine reloads in ankle holsters, you're a fucking faggot.
View Quote
Well that escalated quickly...
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I like my double stacks but my single stack is so much easier to carry .

Now if I knew ahead of time ...
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like my double stacks but my single stack is so much easier to carry .

Now if I knew ahead of time ...
View Quote
...I'd stay home.

Ba dum tis.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#22]
26 or 229.  Depends on the day.

I like the 26 b/c it takes the 17’s mags.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LOL, the gun you can most accurately shoot with and carry on your person with ease is the gun you should be carrying.(assuming quality in the firearm)

I tend to agree more rounds is more betterer.

Blanket statements do not work though.
View Quote
This is wise.

Sometimes I carry a G26. Sometimes I carry a .44 Alaskan. Sometimes I carry a G20.

But I always carry a G43.

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Like you said, if you're choosing based on Risk assessment and the "extremely slim" chance, then why carry at all... You say you also choose for comfort, which is a different criteria then risk.

Carrying a gun is like insurance, no one carries a cheap home owners or vehicle policy, even thought the chances are slim you will need it...but for that once in a lifetime event, you're sure glad you did not cheap out on your policy.

That's my thought on it, I will most likely never need to draw and fire to defend myself or my family, but in the event I do, I want something that I can not only fight with, but win... and a tiny little single stack that I can barely get my hands around, that I can barely hit a target with past 10 yds, that has 6-8 rds of something less then a 147 gr 9mm is a poor choice., just so that you can say you carry.

If your being intellectually honest, don't bother to carry, the odds are still way in your favor... and you don't need to have any discomfort.

And the fact that I can carry a G19 in shorts and a T-short, why would I want to carry less, oh yeah, I forgot, comfort....not Risk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ITT carrying a single stack 9mm = not carrying at all. LOL.

Ok seriously though, it's simple risk assessment. The chances of needing a gun at all are extremely slim- but most of us carry anyway, just in case. The chances of needing a ton of ammo is even slimmer. A lot of people choose whether or not to carry based on comfort, so for many the choice is between being comfortable or not carrying at all.
In this case, a single stack 9mm is a good choice.

It's all about what level of risk you're willing to accept. For me, I'm willing to accept the risk of carrying a single stack 9mm most of the time.
Like you said, if you're choosing based on Risk assessment and the "extremely slim" chance, then why carry at all... You say you also choose for comfort, which is a different criteria then risk.

Carrying a gun is like insurance, no one carries a cheap home owners or vehicle policy, even thought the chances are slim you will need it...but for that once in a lifetime event, you're sure glad you did not cheap out on your policy.

That's my thought on it, I will most likely never need to draw and fire to defend myself or my family, but in the event I do, I want something that I can not only fight with, but win... and a tiny little single stack that I can barely get my hands around, that I can barely hit a target with past 10 yds, that has 6-8 rds of something less then a 147 gr 9mm is a poor choice., just so that you can say you carry.

If your being intellectually honest, don't bother to carry, the odds are still way in your favor... and you don't need to have any discomfort.

And the fact that I can carry a G19 in shorts and a T-short, why would I want to carry less, oh yeah, I forgot, comfort....not Risk.
Wow, you COMPLETELY missed my point. I didn't say comfort is the only concern. Just one concern. And many people will choose not to carry at all. Your logic is that if you don't carry a double stack then you may as well not carry at all. That's so absurd I don't even know where to begin.

Also there's a difference between "then" and "than".
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LOL, the gun you can most accurately shoot with and carry on your person with ease is the gun you should be carrying.(assuming quality in the firearm)

View Quote
This is GD. Without blanket statements, we would have no statements at all
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://gaybook.reviews/wpstorage/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Im-strangely-comfortable-with-it.gif
Indeed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
True story. When I wrote the above my brain was hearing it in the voice of the "huge frigging guy" detective. I almost wrote "huge frigging gun".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly would have read it just like Willem Dafoe said it...

Awesome!
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are 25mm and 27mm cannons but no idea why there isn’t a 26mm,to my knowledge. I’m guessing there had to have been some tested but none fielded I can think of offhand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Carried G27, 640 Centennial or single stack Commander for years when I was in LE.  Being a regular schmuck, now I carry a full size Slav pistol in 9mm with an 18 round mag.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you don't have 33 round 9mm Glock magazine reloads in ankle holsters, you're a fucking faggot.
View Quote
I usually appendix carry my spare 33 rounders.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You need to watch more Liveleak videos.  The FSA has gotten very froggy, and regularly attack people WITH guns.
View Quote
"I dont think a 19 year old should have access to an ar-15" -Tim Kennedy
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Some of you need to man up.  Grandson carries a Glock 21 just fine and he’s just a skinny little 14 year old
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Glock 17 with TWO extra 17 round mags,a backup knife,and tourniquet. Too many tweakers where I live anymore.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#34]
M&P 9 full size, reload, fixed blade.

Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What if i can only carry 10rds
View Quote
G26 x 2
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, I know you’re little single stack 9mm or .380 is lighter and conceals better and all that.

But face it, when you’ve got 15+1 and at least one reload on the belt, you don’t feel as undergunned.

Don’t give me any of that .45acp talk, neither.
View Quote
I'm guessing you never seen high-capacity .45acp.

Review of Para-Ordnance P-14-45
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I know you’re little single stack 9mm or .380 is lighter and conceals better and all that.

But face it, when you’ve got 15+1 and at least one reload on the belt, you don’t feel as undergunned.

Don’t give me any of that .45acp talk, neither.
I'm guessing you never seen high-capacity .45acp.

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2013/12/Para-USA-P14-45-Gun-Review-3.jpg

Review of Para-Ordnance P-14-45
Gross.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m triggered by your use of the word ‘blanket’. Why not try another, less offensive word?

Sometimes, my vehicle-carry rig is an old Blackhawk .41 Magnum with hard-cast bullets. You know, just in case grizzlies learn to drive and want to have their bachelorette party in Nashville.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Got it
M&p9c 95% of the time
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#41]
@Horizon_Ts
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Why carry at all then??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.. most of us.
I just do not spend that much time in, around or near locations where a significant threat is much of a concern.
Single stack fits my desired comfort level.
Not worrying about events I have no control over. If my work placed me in the hood or some other more likely locations for problems then I would double stack.
Why carry at all then??
because people that actually use reason. know that there are many factors that come into concealed Weapon Cary. Not just basement dreaming of a senerio where you walk around like A concrete commando whishing to be tested.

An option to be used “if” the opertuniety to use it becomes available and/or nessassary for protection. Based on a reasonable accessment of likely threats given your particular interactions with the outside world.

By your thinking everyone should carry as much ammo as they physically can and 2 backup guns.
The statement inferring that to carry anything less than your basement accessement of what is needed is somehow akin to not carrying at all is fuckin retarded. I feel dummer for even responding !
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't think I'm crazy for seriously considering getting a commander sized 1911 in 9mm for carry.
Sure, it's single stack, but 9+1 isn't a terrible capacity. Plus, I'm much more accurate with a 1911 than my g19 or vp9.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

because people that actually use reason. know that there are many factors that come into concealed Weapon Cary. Not just basement dreaming of a senerio where you walk around like A concrete commando whishing to be tested.

An option to be used “if” the opertuniety to use it becomes available and/or nessassary for protection. Based on a reasonable accessment of likely threats given your particular interactions with the outside world.

By your thinking everyone should carry as much ammo as they physically can and 2 backup guns.
The statement inferring that to carry anything less than your basement accessement of what is needed is somehow akin to not carrying at all is fuckin retarded. I feel dummer for even responding !
View Quote
Stop feeding trolls and they go away. The stupid was strong with that one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Stop feeding trolls and they go away. The stupid was strong with that one.
View Quote
Many of you carry simply to say I carry. or the famous "Something is better then nothing" You carry a little small capacity, hard to hold low power caliber gun as if it is a magic Talisman that will magically help you win the fight of your life. Don't fool yourselves that you making a choice based on anything else...'

Then when challenged or questioned on your choice, you pull the "Hey, The chance of needing it is low anyhow, so it makes little difference what I'm carrying, and then you loop back around to "It's better then nothing"

I hope none of you have to ever find out the hard way, and chances are, you won't.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fuck it.  Just sling a rifle and a chest rig. Why be undergunned.
View Quote
If you won't ccw an AR pistol, you simply lack dedication.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I only need to defend myself not fight a war. Most are not going to give me much trouble after two shots..even if there more than one. Statistics are on my side.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you won't ccw an AR pistol, you simply lack dedication.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#49]
It is fantastic that everyone in the world has the same body type, hand size, and needs as the OP.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’m triggered by your use of the word ‘blanket’. Why not try another, less offensive word?

Sometimes, my vehicle-carry rig is an old Blackhawk .41 Magnum with hard-cast bullets. You know, just in case grizzlies learn to drive and want to have their bachelorette party in Nashville.
View Quote
Lightly Soiled John.
It doesn't have the same ring.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top