User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Only $1.89 here...
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Trader Joe’s has a damn good hash brown similar to McDonalds. It comes out great in an air fryer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a lot of businesses are simply making up outlandish prices to see what people will pay.
View Quote

That can't possibly be true, because in Economics class, I learned that price is based on a thoughtful consideration of supply and demand.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberals.. This is because of liberals
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think a lot of businesses are simply making up outlandish prices to see what people will pay.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Around here the menu prices never match your total here. Look at the menu..."Sandwich $4.50, meal $8.50"

Order.

"Ok, that will be $10.75 at the first windoe, please pull around."

Last I checked, 7 percent tax on a total of $8.50 is well under $2.25.
View Quote

That’s because there is no beverage that doesn’t result in an up-charge.  I’ve yet to find any drink they don’t tack on extra money for in the breakfast “meal”. Shit, I assume they charge extra if you decline the drink.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
They should have to pay people $3 to eat one of their grease cakes….errr…hash browns
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The media keeps telling us how Bidenomics is working.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
But Burger King is right across the street.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
hadnt been to mcdonalds in years. went the other day for shits and giggles, had the best god damn quarter pounder i ever had from a mcdonalds. looked exactly like the picture, was delicious.

wont go back anytime soon but damn it was good.
View Quote

I, too, have had some excellent QPCs recently but i always get them customized.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to McD's a couple of years ago when McRibs were back.  First time I'd been there in years.  I went through the drive thru, the menu board didn't show prices.  I drove away, never went back.
View Quote

They only show prices in regular restaurants not fancy places .
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Hash brown and sausage mcmuffin combo is $2.50

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I think an orange juice is over $3
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Sausage egg McMuffin are fucking delicious.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I can nearly get a full meal at a Mexican restaurant for what McDonalds charges now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I just checked… $2.19 here. But you get a second for +$1, so two for $3.19.  Not great, not terrible. Burger King croissan’wiches taste way better than McMuffins at half the price and BKs hash browns taste just the same anyways. A sausage McMuffin is like $4.80 and croissanwiches are like 2 for $4 or $5…

Between inflation and paying burger flippers $15-20/hr, what do people expect?

I think around 00/01 I was making $6.50 working the 4am opening shift in high school. People working afternoons were making like $4.50 … working openings was nice because you actually have to get a good amount of work done (minimizing interaction with other McDonald’s employees) and not have to deal with customers for like 1/3rd of the shift, get paid +$2 for it and get off before noon to chill with friends.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lordy could I go for a 20 piece McNuggets at this moment...
View Quote

They ain't $6 no mo.  And they charge for extra sauces.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#20]
In eastern Kentucky the hash browns, sausage biscuits, and sausage McMuffins are two for $2.

Sausage McMuffins w/egg are 2 for $4.24.

But an Egg McMuffin or a Steak Bagel cost $5.99.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trader Joe's has frozen hashbrowns, in 8-packs.  Better than McDonalds, and I don't have to leave the house.
View Quote
Air fry them hoes
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#22]
When all the idiots vote to raise the minimum wage, they don't realize that their the idiots that have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:18:34 AM EDT
[#23]
And for $3.42 you could go to Walmart and purchase a package of 10, pull one out of the freezer in the morning, turn on the stove and in a few minutes have one hot and ready to eat!  Of course, you will have to know how to get heat from the stove!  You guys keep going to McDonald's if you like.  Last year I finally decided to discontinue going there.  Instead of getting a hamburger, fries and a shake, for about the same money I can drive a block further and get a freshly made hot meal at our local Chinese Restaurant or Tex-Mex Restaurant and be thankful that I no longer go to McDonald's.  The only fast food joints I've stopped at in the last year are Arby's and Wendy's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like their bagels steak and egg sandwich. Splash a liberal amount of Frank's hot sauce and wash it down with a cold one.
View Quote

Steak, egg and cheese bagel (sub round egg.)
Hash Brown
Medium coffee, 2+2

$12.03

Fortunately I've pretty much given up on fast food since my weight loss effort started.  Once in a while, though...
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#25]
You have to use the apps.  I know it's been mentioned a lot I'm just adding another data point.

My normal quick thing at McDonald's is a mcdouble (2.99) with free medium fries for a total of $3.17.  

We were busy and out late last night so we just swung into taco bell on the way home.  Dinner for 2 adults was $13.

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Y’all may hate McDonald but for years that dollar menu was a cheep place for young working people starting off to get a cheap meal.
Those breakfast burritos had the same basic ingredients of all breakfast tacos in an antiseptic way for cheap.

Thanks a lot Brandon
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not that long ago they were 2 for $1...thanks Bidenomics!
View Quote

Don't forget the $15 /hr liveable wage.  I quit going to every fast food place, which they ain't fast either.  I can stop at a mom and pop sandwich shop and get something way better cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
10-13 for combos going to lunch with a family of 5 at a fast food restaurant has become unaffordable for many
View Quote

That's bullshit. They are as busy as ever.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#29]
If they don't take cash they can kiss my ass.

FMcD
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed this when I went to McDonalds earlier this year. It was $18 for two sausage mcmuffins, 2 hashbrowns and 2 coffees. I won't ever go back. The allure of McDonalds was cheap shitty food. I have no interest in expensive shitty food.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I was going to go this morning to check. McDonalds doesn’t open till 0600. So no over priced hasbroqns for me. These all use to be 24/7 McDonalds off a major inter state (I-75) around here but since COVID they just can’t keep them staffed. The labor market crunch for low level bad jobs is directly tied to the price hikes and relatively high wages.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I noticed this when I went to McDonalds earlier this year. It was $18 for two sausage mcmuffins, 2 hashbrowns and 2 coffees. I won't ever go back. The allure of McDonalds was cheap shitty food. I have no interest in expensive shitty food.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The breakfast food with real eggs and the (new) quarter pounder with fresh meat pattys when cooked fresh to are the only items I’d consider getting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
they have to pay their employee the new minimum wage
probably 15 dollars when its half that an hour job
View Quote

The McDonalds in Winchester (Healy family owns it, among many other in Central KY) starts at $10 or $11 an hour and tops out at $13.50 for the lowest level “crew member” jobs. Have a young relative that worked there till fairly recently. This is a low cost of living area when compared to the rest of the nation. I’d guess the McDonalds in NYC pay near $20 for the same job.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Sausage McMuffin and small coffee is 2.65 with tax in Scranton.

Maybe once every 2 weeks I'll stop on the way to work.

Pretty good for the price.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't care what anyone charges, you are the consumer and the decision maker.
Pay it, don't pay it, or whine, it's all up to you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#37]
It’s definitely a sausage, egg, cheese biscuit and hash brown morning.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#38]
1. Their coffee was crap in the 90's.  It is much better now.
2. If you're willing to limit your choice to items that are part of a current special you can still eat there cheap.   I get breakfast there maybe once every two weeks and sometimes I just want a particular thing not on special so yes, it's $10-$11 for the meal intead of $6  for a special.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But Burger King is right across the street.
View Quote

I’ve had gas station heat ups better than butler king. Burger King breakfast is reconstituted bullshit. Soggy flavorless bullshit.

I don’t eat McDonald’s regular menu much. Maybe mcchicken if I’m in a hurry.

But McDonald’s breakfast is my favorite fast food breakfast.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#40]
My McDonald's Bidenomics/ Covid inflation index is as follows.

Up to 2 years ago my local McDonald's had a different daily special combo running all week for $4.99

Then suddenly it was reduced either a double cheese burger or chicken nuggets only for $4.99

Then 6 months later the price increased to $5.50

Then 6 months after that it increased to $6.00

So I'm expecting another price increases shortly.

I can't imagine what 5 guys costs now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Sams Club rotisserie chicken $5, couple of potatoes .50 cents, and seasonings and milk made into mashed potatoes, and corn or peas, $1 = $7. [frozen veggies are on sale all the time for a buck a bag and canned were just 3 for $1, I stocked up.]

You can't even buy a single decent complete meal at the clown for that. I can eat several decent meals off of that.

People are stupid, and while food inflation is high, most people exacerbate it immensely by making very poor choices.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
What city are you in?
Looking at the McD app, a sausage mcmuffin meal is only $3.89 in my area. so for two of them it's under $8
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Trader Joe's has frozen hashbrowns, in 8-packs.  Better than McDonalds, and I don't have to leave the house.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
hadnt been to mcdonalds in years. went the other day for shits and giggles, had the best god damn quarter pounder i ever had from a mcdonalds. looked exactly like the picture, was delicious.

wont go back anytime soon but damn it was good.
View Quote

For me, its the McChicken...
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I like their bagels steak and egg sandwich. Splash a liberal amount of Frank's hot sauce and wash it down with a cold one.
View Quote

Do they still have them in Florida?

I was in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennesee, West Virginia, New Jersey and New York this sumer and couldn't find a single McDonalds that had them.
Couldn't find them in Las Vegas either.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is that why the Egg McMuffin combo is $8.00?
View Quote

Wait a minute, $3 + $4 + $1...

Not much of a combo ..

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yet there are idiots who still pay a premium for that shithole food.
View Quote

HEY!

Only when BK isn't on my route (2 for $5 croissan'wichs is a great deal)
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sausage egg McMuffin are fucking delicious.
View Quote

Oh, HELL yea. One of my favorite foods.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I go to this thing every morning..

it's called a job

And I don't make time in the mornings before i leave, to make breakfast.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

it's called a job

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's called a job

An air fryer is quicker then washing your face and brushing your teeth.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top