User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hadnt been to mcdonalds in years. went the other day for shits and giggles, had the best god damn quarter pounder i ever had from a mcdonalds. looked exactly like the picture, was delicious.

wont go back anytime soon but damn it was good.
View Quote

Did the same thing today because I was in a hurry. Rarely do that and I bought a Quarter pounder with with cheese and a Fish filet, They hit the spot but cost me $5.00 per sandwich
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Look, I hate Biden and think he's shit for our economy but can someone explain the whole Bidenomics thing that people keep posting here about fast food prices?

I've traveled all over the world and the prices for fast food have gone up almost everywhere.

McDonalds is a global company. They adjust prices depending on what the local population is willing to pay for it.

I mean, is that Biden's fault a Big Mac costs almost $7 in Italy?

Or that the same Big Mac costs half that in Japan?

Yeah, you can get old school McDonalds prices if you're willing to live in Romania or Brazil.

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
We had a friend and her kids visit and stay with us last week. The woman had to run some errands so I decided to grab McDonalds for everyone. 5 sandwiches, 5 hash browns, and a few breakfast burritos was $60.

It’s no wonder all these lazy 20 year olds are broke these days.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And you must wrap them in the napkin and put it back in the paper pouch for a few minutes to get the excess oil out…..
View Quote

Na, I don't.  I like them that way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did the same thing today because I was in a hurry. Rarely do that and I bought a Quarter pounder with with cheese and a Fish filet, They hit the spot but cost me $5.00 per sandwich
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hadnt been to mcdonalds in years. went the other day for shits and giggles, had the best god damn quarter pounder i ever had from a mcdonalds. looked exactly like the picture, was delicious.

wont go back anytime soon but damn it was good.

The new quarter pounder is probably the best fast food burger around. They changed how they are made and never freeze the meat and are cooked to order (per them)

It's also cheap on the app.

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Only thing I eat at mcdookys is their quarter pound with cheese no onion and that gets you a fresh one. Only on road trips and nothing else available.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The breakfast food with real eggs and the (new) quarter pounder with fresh meat pattys when cooked fresh to are the only items I’d consider getting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a lot of businesses are simply making up outlandish prices to see what people will pay.

I noticed this when I went to McDonalds earlier this year. It was $18 for two sausage mcmuffins, 2 hashbrowns and 2 coffees. I won't ever go back. The allure of McDonalds was cheap shitty food. I have no interest in expensive shitty food.

The breakfast food with real eggs and the (new) quarter pounder with fresh meat pattys when cooked fresh to are the only items I’d consider getting.

You can get any breakfast sandwich "substitute round egg" so it comes with the real egg from a McMuffin instead of the scrambled egg nastiness.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That’s because there is no beverage that doesn’t result in an up-charge.  I’ve yet to find any drink they don’t tack on extra money for in the breakfast “meal”. Shit, I assume they charge extra if you decline the drink.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around here the menu prices never match your total here. Look at the menu..."Sandwich $4.50, meal $8.50"

Order.

"Ok, that will be $10.75 at the first windoe, please pull around."

Last I checked, 7 percent tax on a total of $8.50 is well under $2.25.

That’s because there is no beverage that doesn’t result in an up-charge.  I’ve yet to find any drink they don’t tack on extra money for in the breakfast “meal”. Shit, I assume they charge extra if you decline the drink.

I think a small black coffee, small orange juice, a small soda, or a "cup of water" are included with the breakfast meals (a bottle of water is an upcharge).

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You can get any breakfast sandwich "substitute round egg" so it comes with the real egg from a McMuffin instead of the scrambled egg nastiness.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a lot of businesses are simply making up outlandish prices to see what people will pay.

I noticed this when I went to McDonalds earlier this year. It was $18 for two sausage mcmuffins, 2 hashbrowns and 2 coffees. I won't ever go back. The allure of McDonalds was cheap shitty food. I have no interest in expensive shitty food.

Kharn

I've told so many people and they refuse to believe me.

McDonalds employees actually crack an egg to make a McMuffin.

Took me a few tries to replicate it at home but they use a metal tin on a griddle and steam to cook the top.

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Took me a few tries to replicate it at home but they use a metal tin on a griddle and steam to cook the top.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Good tip. Breakfast foods are so inexpensive that fast food chains must love the high profits margins! Using Walmart retail prices for their “Great Value” store brand I can make a Sausage Egg McMuffins for under $1.50 apiece with ingredients left over. I’d wager McDonalds cost is a quarter of retail prices maybe even lower. So a Sausage Egg McMuffin that retails for $4.19 has a food and labor cost of less that .50 cents.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Their whole computer system and their outrageous prices suck…equally! Their kiosk isn’t very intuitive…their geeks are real geeks!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top