BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope he heals up and has no other long term affects from it.

But there's no way I'm just going to discharge a weapon at a dog that isn't doing anything to me.
View Quote
The fact that your chosen "weapon" was a broom makes me wonder just a bit what you would have done had the "sweetheart" attacked.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
"It found its way into my yard can I keep it as a pet?"

nah, jk Op,  

but you should jam your thumb in it to see if its violent.  That's the litmus test to prove if you can trust the beast around your throats.

good luck!

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Once a pit entered my yard, but it was a tiny puppy, much less land shark than my GSD/lab mix at that age.

Sweetest little thing, I hope she didn't grow up to murder children.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Just put mine in the house.  It's 107 heat index here right now, she's having a rough time with it now that she's getting older.

I imagine she'll be one of the last to go as some asshole will mistreat her.  
Slept on a pillow beside my head until she was about 5 months old.  Caught hogs for me in her younger years wearing a vest and kevlar collar.  

Started putting on weight and limping last year, noticed she could no longer jump high enough to get in her dog box in the kennel.  Hair on her tail started falling out, thought she might have a food allergy.  Vet put her on thyroid medication and she's a new dog now.  Waits by the door for me every morning with her ball and harrasses my Blackmouth Cur males until they play with her.
Most loyal intelligent never met a stranger dog I have ever owned.  Huge heart and I'm gonna miss her when I have to put her down. Eight years went by in a flash.

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tell the neighbors to trim her nails.
View Quote
Tell the neighbors to keep their fucking dog out of your yard or you will shoot her.

No more "Sorry, she got loose."
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]

F^%k off. Doesn't matter. I'd post a pic of the 2 year old, but I like my job. My son's face will hopefully not scar to bad.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tomorrow's post: OMG MY DAUGHTER GOT HER FACE RIPPED OFF.

We've done this one before.
View Quote

Yes, yes we have.  Goodbye OP, or at least a family member.  At least it will make a good update post.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#9]
We had a red nose pit marked just like that when I was younger.  One of the best dogs we ever had.

edit....I just wouldn't own one today.  Just too unpredictable and I have kids.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The hardest part about owning a Pittie is finding enough babies to keep them fed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one climb a 4 ft chain link fence into my back yard once. Not jump it, put its paws through the holes and fucking CLIMBED IT.

Luckily my two dogs were inside. I went to retrieve a gun to dispatch it, but it had climbed back out.

It later attacked a woman and her dog who were walking right down the street from my house.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The hardest part about owning a Pittie is finding enough babies to keep them fed.
View Quote

It has been a challenge.   A lot of the local neighborhoods donate to the cause.  Where do people think all the missing kids go?
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It has been a challenge.   A lot of the local neighborhoods donate to the cause.  Where do people think all the missing kids go?
View Quote
If there are no local pig farms, you have to improvise.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top