User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your dog missed you so much they astral projected to you and your wife. You didn’t see the dog physically, but the camera captured him. It happens.
View Quote

I came to say exactly this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#3]

More like this:

I'm not new, just refuse to learn sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait. Are we saying if I watched Moonraker now that Dolly wouldn't have braces on?

Unless it was a Lucas film, she would.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I found the pic of my wife's friend bringing the dog at Christmas, who can post for me?  IM me an email and I will send it.
Still looking for the album that have the pics of our move with several of the spirit dog being with us but it doesn't really matter cause this photo is at Christmas '91 when she flew her out to us which proves we didn't drive out with her a month before.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

Never heard of this, and now I’m worried I’m about to go down a rabbit hole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CERN fucked up everything .

Think it was around 2018.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

Never heard of this, and now I’m worried I’m about to go down a rabbit hole.

I'd tell you to prepare yourself.

But, you really can't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I found the pic of my wife's friend bringing the dog at Christmas, who can post for me?  IM me an email and I will send it.
Still looking for the album that have the pics of our move with several of the spirit dog being with us but it doesn't really matter cause this photo is at Christmas '91 when she flew her out to us which proves we didn't drive out with her a month before.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#8]
You took the dog with you on the trip, and the wife’s friend flew out to take the dog back to NY.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was fascinated with the Mandela Effect from the first time I read about it. At the time most of them were curious, but I was absolutely certain Louie Anderson was dead. That was one I refused to believe.

In 2017 or thereabouts I experienced what can only be called a timeline jump regarding Apollo 13. Many people (thousands, at least) experienced the same thing. I have absolutely no explanation for what happened.
View Quote

Well hell, don’t tell us any more, that’s be tragic
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wait. Are we saying if I watched Moonraker now that Dolly wouldn't have braces on?

Unless it was a Lucas film, she would.
View Quote

Yes, that's what we're saying.

I'll go further and say if you go looking for the scene, you'll find it and you'll see a video glitch will happen just before
the no-braces reveal, which makes the who thing even stranger.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:08:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw Moonraker in the theater. There's no way that you can convince me that Dolly didn't have braces.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I saw Moonraker in the theater. There's no way that you can convince me that Dolly didn't have braces.
View Quote

I agree with you guys.  The bottom pic is a grainy screen grab from VHS.

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Jane has a special watch that allows her to create time loops for do-overs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Make a VA disability claim for memory loss or dementia then go to the VA disability thread and tell everyone if it was too easy or too difficult.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:31:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mandela Effect. How does OP spell Berens()in?
View Quote

Actually, it is the Dogdela Effect.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Christ, OP, there weren’t even dogs yet in ‘91.

Not invented until ‘94.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember dolly having braces. It was the whole reason why her and jaws smiled at each other, and when her braces showed you thought "ahhhhh, a match made in heaven!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:08:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Make a VA disability claim for memory loss or dementia then go to the VA disability thread and tell everyone if it was too easy or too difficult.
View Quote

You're a genius!   I am doing it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:08:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When I first discovered the Mandela Effect, there was a very popular one relating to Apollo 13. As EVERYBODY knows, the famous line is a slowly zooming close-up of Tom Hanks as he says "Houston, we have a problem." The original mission audio was far less dramatic, and was just "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," with little to no drama. But back in 2015 or so when I would waste time at work researching this, one of the most common effects was that that had never happened. The line from the movie was an entirely different scene - multiple actors in frame, and a relatively anticlimactic "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," just as it was in the mission audio. People would repeatedly post pop culture references of other shows repeating the "Houston, we have a problem" line. I remember watching this scene on YouTube many times, wondering how my original memory could have been so wrong. Not a single person I showed it to believed me and said it must have been edited or something because every one of them remembered the famous "Houston, we have a problem" line. You could Google these things and find out that it's a very common misquote, as seen here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/casablanca-70th-anniversary-the-most-misquoted-1458034

https://www.businessinsider.com/common-movie-misquotes-2012-5?op=1

But then, it switched back. As in, what I originally remembered is now back. The above links still exist, obviously, but refer to a reality that does not exist. The Wikipedia article was edited back in 2005 to reflect the dialogue change, which is very odd. The problem is that this is effectively a double ME - I'm reading about this stuff on a regular basis and experiencing something confusing regarding my memory of the original scene. Then it switches effectively overnight. Skeptics like to argue about faulty memory, but that would be like altering a major detail in a very specific way within minutes. If you're paying attention to something and it changes...I mean, I have no logical explanation for what I experienced. Many people had the same thing happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3zqpf7/apollo_13_movie_found_residue_of_previous_reality/

I am a sane and highly educated individual and I know exactly how this sounds to some people. But I will absolutely 100% take this to my grave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the thing about Apollo 13?

When I first discovered the Mandela Effect, there was a very popular one relating to Apollo 13. As EVERYBODY knows, the famous line is a slowly zooming close-up of Tom Hanks as he says "Houston, we have a problem." The original mission audio was far less dramatic, and was just "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," with little to no drama. But back in 2015 or so when I would waste time at work researching this, one of the most common effects was that that had never happened. The line from the movie was an entirely different scene - multiple actors in frame, and a relatively anticlimactic "uh, Houston, we've had a problem," just as it was in the mission audio. People would repeatedly post pop culture references of other shows repeating the "Houston, we have a problem" line. I remember watching this scene on YouTube many times, wondering how my original memory could have been so wrong. Not a single person I showed it to believed me and said it must have been edited or something because every one of them remembered the famous "Houston, we have a problem" line. You could Google these things and find out that it's a very common misquote, as seen here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/casablanca-70th-anniversary-the-most-misquoted-1458034

But then, it switched back. As in, what I originally remembered is now back. The above links still exist, obviously, but refer to a reality that does not exist. The Wikipedia article was edited back in 2005 to reflect the dialogue change, which is very odd. The problem is that this is effectively a double ME - I'm reading about this stuff on a regular basis and experiencing something confusing regarding my memory of the original scene. Then it switches effectively overnight. Skeptics like to argue about faulty memory, but that would be like altering a major detail in a very specific way within minutes. If you're paying attention to something and it changes...I mean, I have no logical explanation for what I experienced. Many people had the same thing happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/3zqpf7/apollo_13_movie_found_residue_of_previous_reality/

I am a sane and highly educated individual and I know exactly how this sounds to some people. But I will absolutely 100% take this to my grave.

I remember Apollo 13 reaching the moon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:22:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:34:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D81NQRdUYAIra_a.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D81NQRdUYAIra_a.jpg

Of course she did.  It was the whole “I see you have braces, I have braces too” love at first sight thing.  That’s what made it so funny.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Um...What does FIAT have to do with the Ford logo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mandela Effect stuff will really fuck with your head regardless of the cause. I've mostly owned Fords over the years. I've spent countless hours staring at the Ford logo in the steering wheel and never noticed the goofy curly q on the F until a ME video on YouTube pointed it out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427882/9ED88E33-613D-4F04-896D-BD74C08353BF_jpe-2174566.JPG

Fix It Again Tony

Um...What does FIAT have to do with the Ford logo?

Fix.it...again.Tony...
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Are the gorillas throwing around the Samsonite luggage on your list too?
View Quote

I remember the gorilla in the cage throwing around a Samsonite.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#25]
This one and the Bernstein bears one blows my fucking mind.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: I forgot about this one...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was American Tourister.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

More like this:
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
I'm not new, just refuse to learn sometimes.
View Quote

When my husband sees me typing away that's his standard response.  "Who's wrong on the internet now?"  
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMERICAN TOURISTER - The Gorilla Commercial 1971

AMERICAN TOURISTER - Gorilla vs Luggage Commerical 1980
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#29]
IN before this thread gets disappeared!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#30]
The most unreliable witness is usually the eyewitness.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Kazaam!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Pet Cemetery
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Put a different colored rubber band on your wrist to keep track of realities.
Otherwise, it drives you nuts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Did your route take you through northern Utah, and did appearances of the dog in photos start after passing through a ranch there?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#36]
@USCG_CPO

Tell me you have posted this somewhere else prior to your post yesterday here in GD.

The instant I started reading your thread I knew exactly what it was about and distinctly remember reading it before.

I love the thought of time skips and things along that line so I think I must have seen it on another website sometime in the last year or so, possibly on r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix?

This is very strange!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Without a doubt, 100%, unequivocally I remember the fruit of the loom logo having a cornucopia. This was back before the internet, I wouldn’t have been exposed to this logo without actually seeing it in stores or on my own items. I distinctly remember that being the ONLY place I had seen an actual cornucopia in real life. On anything.

How could I, as a child, just completely fabricate a memory of something being in a logo, that was never actually in the logo? Doesn’t make sense. Also that thousands of others did the same thing? Just seems beyond reason.

The fucking logo had a cornucopia.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Probably related to CERN firing up awhile back
View Quote

They said they made some upgrades and it's more powerful than ever.
Not gonna stop till that dimensional wormhole rips open and the great old ones come through.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They said they made some upgrades and it's more powerful than ever.
Not gonna stop till that dimensional wormhole rips open and the great old ones come through.
View Quote

Lol...idk, but that last reopening ceremony was pretty fucking weird to say the least.

Anyway, that sorta stuff ties into the old J.P. Morgan quote about millionaires don't need astrologers, but billionaires do
(Assuming it's still a JP Morgan quote)

Whatever cults exist within high society and government obviously know some shit we dont lol.

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Back to sleep now, Coppertop
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Best to just forget about it.
View Quote

Name checks out...
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the thing about Apollo 13?

They did. They had to circle it and come back. It's the only way they could turn back to earth with available fuel. They did not send the lem down to land though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#44]
And now you all know how important Marketing/Advertising and .Gov propoganda is so dangerous.

Remember, in Commercial Marketing, you don't need a PRODUCT, you just need a MARKET

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh...you may be right, but I always thought it was Samsonite.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5sEIWlQO7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1aRop-UbU

Damn!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I remember Stouffers stove top stuffing, the cornucopia in fruit of the loom logo,
and the Bernstein bears.

It's like we're living in a Philip K Dick novel.

Reality is fucky sometimes OP

Speed
View Quote

He was theorizing that we live in a simulation back in the '70s.

This story terrifies me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He was theorizing that we live in a simulation back in the '70s.

This story terrifies me.
View Quote

I heard an interview a while ago where someone went into great detail about pkd's personal gnostic and esoteric beliefs...hell if I can recall which podcast it was on but, ya...he was hip to some shit.

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Amazingly, the dog was blind the whole time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was but most everyone remembers it as a Samsonite commercial.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top