Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Without a doubt, 100%, unequivocally I remember the fruit of the loom logo having a cornucopia. This was back before the internet, I wouldn't have been exposed to this logo without actually seeing it in stores or on my own items. I distinctly remember that being the ONLY place I had seen an actual cornucopia in real life. On anything.

How could I, as a child, just completely fabricate a memory of something being in a logo, that was never actually in the logo? Doesn't make sense. Also that thousands of others did the same thing? Just seems beyond reason.

The fucking logo had a cornucopia.
View Quote
When I was in first or second grade, I remember thinking the weird basket thing in the logo was called a loom, and it held fruit. My teacher explained to me what a loom was, and told me the basket was called a cornucopia, a word I never heard before and likely wouldn't have learned anytime soon except from the logo.

Apparently that never happened.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I heard an interview a while ago where someone went into great detail about pkd's personal gnostic and esoteric beliefs...hell if I can recall which podcast it was on but, ya...he was hip to some shit.

Speed
View Quote

He claimed to have spoken with God in 1974, lol. I agree that he was looking at the human situation in a completely different direction than everyone else. I don't know if my thoughts align with his, because I read so much of his work in my youth, or they were there all along.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Are you saying the first two aren't real?

ETA- Just googled them. Fucking up my reality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember Stouffers stove top stuffing, the cornucopia in fruit of the loom logo,
and the Bernstein bears.

It's like we're living in a Philip K Dick novel.

Reality is fucky sometimes OP

Speed

Are you saying the first two aren't real?

ETA- Just googled them. Fucking up my reality.

Yeah Berenstein and the FOTL trademark fuck with me.

I hadn't heard of the Stouffers thing, what the fuck?

I just asked my 1981 model wife, who makes the Stove Top stuffing?

"I don't know. Stouffers?"
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, the simplest explanation is most likely. Your memories were implanted and they messed up on some details when they did it. The only question is why were the memories implanted?

Also, judging from her reaction, your wife is clearly in on it. Your best bet is to force a confession out of her so you can get the whole story.

@USCG_CPO
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

The interesting angle of all of this is that so many of us collectively remember "the wrong thing" in the same way. I can clearly picture the Stouffers box in my mind. I bet we all can and it looks more or less the same in all of our imaginations.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I clearly remember Berenstein.  My wife and I bought one of the books when our kids were little and I have a distinct memory of talking with her about whether it was pronounced STEEN or STEIN.  She asked me why I bothered wondering.
I also clearly remember having to explain to my second wife what a cornucopia was after buying some Fruit of the Loom underwear and she looked at the logo and didn't know what that thing was behind the fruit.  
And Dolly... yes, she had braces and they glinted in the sun which, as other have said, is the entire reason she and Jaws hit it off.  Without the braces, there is no reason.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@USCG_CPO

Tell me you have posted this somewhere else prior to your post yesterday here in GD.

The instant I started reading your thread I knew exactly what it was about and distinctly remember reading it before.

I love the thought of time skips and things along that line so I think I must have seen it on another website sometime in the last year or so, possibly on r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix?

This is very strange!
View Quote

@PJF
I don't know if I ever have.  I haven't posted on other forums in years and certainly haven't posted about this.  We just started really examining this issue cause I noticed the pictures and it triggered the thought process of "wait a minute, how could this have happened?"
Once we started examining the photos that's when it got creepy cause we know the dates of the photos and the dates of the events.
I am just going to chalk it up to one of those things that's unexplainable.

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@PJF
I don't know if I ever have.  I haven't posted on other forums in years and certainly haven't posted about this.  We just started really examining this issue cause I noticed the pictures and it triggered the thought process of "wait a minute, how could this have happened?"
Once we started examining the photos that's when it got creepy cause we know the dates of the photos and the dates of the events.
I am just going to chalk it up to one of those things that's unexplainable.

View Quote

That makes it eve MORE strange because I know for a fact I have read your story.  I even had to go check the date because I figured it was from months ago and the thread had just gotten bumped.

Imagine my surprise when I saw it was a thread created just yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Let us know when there is a knock at the door, and when you answer it, you're the one knocking.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mom, can I stay for dinner at Billy's house? They're making Stouffers stove top

Speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

W that actual F! I remembered the cornucopia as well and knew it was on the Mandala list
but the stuffing. Jesus, we ate that all the time and it was fucking Stouffer's!

Mom, can I stay for dinner at Billy's house? They're making Stouffers stove top

Speed
Yes. I'm 52 and remember those too, Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh wow! I remember the gorilla/luggage thing as being samsonite too!

Went and looked up some retro commercials and their gorilla was the Pittsburgh Steelers, lol

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
@USCG_CPO

Shortly before leaving NY, During the trip to CA or shortly after arriving in CA were there any "close call" events, in which you or your wife would have ended up seriously injured or deceased had something been even a tiny bit different?

This is a serious question.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He claimed to have spoken with God in 1974, lol. I agree that he was looking at the human situation in a completely different direction than everyone else. I don't know if my thoughts align with his, because I read so much of his work in my youth, or they were there all along.
View Quote

Ya, same lol. The interviewee may have written a book (that's usually why academics do interviews). I'll have to search around, but his premise was that PKD was leeching out his own personal philosophy beliefs via his novel. That isn't really very odd in itself, but trying to form some coherent belief system from PKD novels...

I can't recall exactly, but I assume he got access to some personal correspondence of his. It's certainly wasn't a Jung RedBook scenerio or anything...

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Damn that is weird in 91 I remember people having faces.......
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Just asked my Wife which company makes the stove top stuffing and she replied Stouffers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Damn that is weird in 91 I remember people having faces.......
View Quote
I seldom use this but...
Welcome fellow gun enthusiast

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just asked my Wife which company makes the stove top stuffing and she replied Stouffers.
View Quote

Just asked my 35 year old wife and she said Stouffers as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Isn’t this multiverse stuff the plot of the new Spider-Man movie, No Way home?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Isn't this multiverse stuff the plot of the new Spider-Man movie, No Way home?
View Quote
EVERY reboot uses the multiverse storyline; I assume out of convenience

But, that's just one theory why the OP, and countless others (myself included) have experienced these sorts of things...
...there's no real argument as they are completely subjective. The only thing is why/how so many of us have experienced the exact same things.

I had a bunch of Bernstein Bears books, and recall vividly learning what a cornucopia was from my mother after asking about the FOTL tag on my shirts and underwear. I even remember feeling smart in school around Thanksgiving because I knew what a cornucopia was...it was a big word lol.

ETA: I even remember my mother explaining the abstract of cornucopia and how it symbolized bounty. I remember repeating it in my head so I could pronounce it right while looking at the logo. It was probably one of the first 5 syllable words I learned lol.

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You took the dog with you on the trip, and the wife’s friend flew out to take the dog back to NY.
View Quote

This is GD, stop with the logic.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ya, same lol. The interviewee may have written a book (that's usually why academics do interviews). I'll have to search around, but his premise was that PKD was leeching out his own personal philosophy beliefs via his novel. That isn't really very odd in itself, but trying to form some coherent belief system from PKD novels...

I can't recall exactly, but I assume he got access to some personal correspondence of his. It's certainly wasn't a Jung RedBook scenerio or anything...

Speed
View Quote

Which is what's so real about it. What's more likely, receiving divine revelation in one fell swoop, or just catching glimpses of truth at the edge of reality? Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show talked about that at the beginning.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which is what's so real about it. What's more likely, receiving divine revelation in one fell swoop, or just catching glimpses of truth at the edge of reality? Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show talked about that at the beginning.
View Quote

I like the phrase "liminal spaces"

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@USCG_CPO

Shortly before leaving NY, During the trip to CA or shortly after arriving in CA were there any "close call" events, in which you or your wife would have ended up seriously injured or deceased had something been even a tiny bit different?

View Quote

@Midyew5959

Nope, uneventful except for the perfect storm chasing out from the East Coast and a skunk chased after me one evening while I was walking the dog at a cheap roadside motel we stopped at for the night.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Ive read through all of these and yes, FOTL had a cornucopia in the logo. I didnt fucking imagine it. I have fleeting episodes of dejavu at times as well. I cant helpo but wonder at times if we aren't all a part of some superior beings ant farm or video game.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The Others are a real phenomenon, capable of manipulating humanity.

If you want to get red pilled, go ahead. But you probably won't like it.

Tom Delonge's UFO Timeline Part 2: The Core Story

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I like the phrase "liminal spaces"

Speed
View Quote

Lol

Images of liminal spaces
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@Midyew5959

Nope, uneventful except for the perfect storm chasing out from the East Coast and a skunk chased after me one evening while I was walking the dog at a cheap roadside motel we stopped at for the night.
View Quote

So you did have the dog with you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Midyew5959

Gottem
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Isn’t this multiverse stuff the plot of the new Spider-Man movie, No Way home?
View Quote

Honestly, and I know this sounds funny, but this is a very important subtopic.

There is a reason things like the Multiverse are in such vogue right now. It’s in the zeitgeist and as a follower of such things, it genuinely fascinates me that it would be, now, after the Mandela Effect became a thing.

Now, most, I admit, of Mandela Effect (including Mandela himself) incidents are just misremembering, there are some that still bother me. Dolly having braces being just one of them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Did you ask the dog what he remembered OP?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#34]

OK, so we have a photo of OP's wife and her friend, but I thought he was going to post a photo of the dog too.

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Honestly, and I know this sounds funny, but this is a very important subtopic.

There is a reason things like the Multiverse are in such vogue right now. It's in the zeitgeist and as a follower of such things, it genuinely fascinates me that it would be, now, after the Mandela Effect became a thing.

Now, most, I admit, of Mandela Effect (including Mandela himself) incidents are just misremembering, there are some that still bother me. Dolly having braces being just one of them.
View Quote

The "predictive programming" angle certainly shouldn't be dismissed in whole.

My personal thoughts are that cause and effect aren't bound by time; ie, it's possible to "influence" events in the past; time isn't linear like we think. Its a constant moment that's expanding (to borrow a concept from modern physics). As it grows outward, some people get pushed a tiny bit further away from others...

Ok, that's enough of my Sunday evening deep thoughts

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm putting $100 on: these things that mysteriously change in our culture, which people then say "wait a minute, I remember it this way, but now it's not the way I remember it and there is no evidence it was that way" are elements of the deep state psyop and propaganda war being waged on us.  

Every one of these elements causes people to doubt their own reality.  It's gaslighting, writ large.  The purpose of gaslighting is to make people doubt their own perceptions and indeed their own reality.  When people fall for it, they are then psychologically primed to discard their perceptions and belief in what is fed to them, and are far more susceptible to it.  We all know that the mass media and the elite are running a 24/7 psyop on us, the "Mandela Effect" is simply part of it.  

And judging by this post, and others like it, it's working............
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm putting $100 on: these things that mysteriously change in our culture, which people then say "wait a minute, I remember it this way, but now it's not the way I remember it and there is no evidence it was that way" are elements of the deep state psyop and propaganda war being waged on us.  

Every one of these elements causes people to doubt their own reality.  It's gaslighting, writ large.  The purpose of gaslighting is to make people doubt their own perceptions and indeed their own reality.  When people fall for it, they are then psychologically primed to discard their perceptions and belief in what is fed to them, and are far more susceptible to it.  We all know that the mass media and the elite are running a 24/7 psyop on us, the "Mandela Effect" is simply part of it.  

View Quote

Well that's the rub. Are people "falling" for a neferious plot, or is it something bigger? Is there even anyone/anything that can answer that?

Speed
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Did OP have his phone connected to the microwave?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#39]
You must have traveled with the dog another time. Are you sure you didn't go visit your parents or go to a funeral or wedding and brought the dog?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did OP have his phone connected to the microwave?
View Quote

ETA: beaten on page 1.

ETA:  I hit the damn "quote" button instead of the "edit" button
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The interesting angle of all of this is that so many of us collectively remember "the wrong thing" in the same way. I can clearly picture the Stouffers box in my mind. I bet we all can and it looks more or less the same in all of our imaginations.
View Quote

I mean, from my research, Stouffers doesn't even make stuffing nor ever has. They make frozen foods.

I mean I get some of them like Jiffy never existed and now it's Jif, that maybe people confused Jif and Skippy into Jiffy.

But the Stouffers thing, how would we confuse that? Is it that Sto from Stouffers rhymes with Sto from Stovetop?

And the Dolly thing, the scene doesn't even make sense if she doesn't have braces.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OK, so we have a photo of OP's wife and her friend, but I thought he was going to post a photo of the dog too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah I thought it was kinda weird there wasn't a dog in the photo he sent me but oh well. I just uploaded it for him anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kinda suspect this is true, actually.

A whole buttload of people my age (I was born in 1984) distinctly remember the movie "Shazam" starring Sinbad.  @WaterGlass has stated he saw it in the theatre.  However, this movie "doesn't exist".  I have no clue how a whole generation of people could have dreamt this up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I had FOTL tighty wighties as a kid. The logo had a fucking cornucopia.

IT'S LITERALLY WHERE I LEARNED WHAT A CORNUCOPIA WAS FROM ASKING MY MOM WHAT THE THING IN THE LOGO IS JESUS FUCK
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#45]
5G...
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah I thought it was kinda weird there wasn't a dog in the photo he sent me but oh well. I just uploaded it for him anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  There is a dog in the photo you uploaded.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@Midyew5959

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@USCG_CPO

@Midyew5959

Well, that was a great troll that started a great thread. I am fascinated that I remember things the way most of you guys do, but history seems to argue different. The first on that blew my mind was "Mirror mirror on the wall"
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Who the fuck made the observation and collapsed the wave into this reality? I’d like a word with you…
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Who the fuck made the observation and collapsed the wave into this reality? I’d like a word with you…
View Quote

I collapse wave functions all the time.

I wanna know who collapsed the fruit of the loom cornucopia wave function.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

WTF?  There is a dog in the photo you uploaded.
View Quote

Now you're seeing it too?

This isn't good!

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top