BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the first time we've truly employed our economic power as a team. I like the results so far, and we're not done.

We should do this more often. And by that I mean all the fucking time.

Boycotts work. If the people who actually have the money employ them.
View Quote
I think one of the lessons here is that telling people to boycott and why doesn't work.

Everybody deciding at once "fuck those fuckers" does work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone may have already made this point, but I keep seeing this compared to NFL, NBA, etc.  The difference here is there are no easy alternatives to the sports if that is your thing. Generic domestic beer however, has a plethora of alternatives. Blind studies have shown most domestic beer drinkers can't pick their brand in a lineup. Habit and familiarity are a thing. A Miller Lite may taste different at first, until you become accustomed to the label. In a month or two, that Bud Light might taste different. I think this boycott has legs and will have an effect. I normally drink stouts, but grab an occasional beer from the corner store cooler. I was a Bud Light drinker from way back in the day and now prefer Coors. This switch happened solely because I preferred the wide mouth bottle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
This is fucking delicious. All of it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Currently enjoying some Pabst.  Also plenty of local micros to choose from.  Will not miss AB's products.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:50:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is fucking delicious. All of it.
View Quote

It sure is!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:17:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Currently enjoying some Pabst.  Also plenty of local micros to choose from.  Will not miss AB's products.
View Quote

No AB products for me either.

I'm sure all the new alphabet army customers they are getting will help turn them around.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Went to get a 6 pack of PBR and local grocery store was sold out of it and Miller . Plenty of bud and natural light. I hope the pain gets worse for AB. The way they handled the aftermath has been pathetic and worthy of clearing house at the executive level on down.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

I won't be back until the top people at AB are living in a cardboard box having to suck dick for moldy bread to eat.

Fuck them and everyone else who champions this shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#10]

This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman 12 year old pre-pubecent girl. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

I won't be back until the top people at AB are living in a cardboard box having to suck dick for moldy bread to eat.

View Quote

FIFY

they are celebrating his "transition" which means he is acting like a little girl going through puberty.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FIFY

they are celebrating his "transition" which means he is acting like a little girl going through puberty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman 12 year old pre-pubecent girl. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

FIFY

That's the thing about Mulvaney. He doesn't even act like a woman. Look at his social media - he talks and acts like a little girl or a caricature of some ditzy Hollywood star from the 50s.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Help me with a modification of a phrase:

"It is better to have people think that you are queer than drink Bud Light and remove all doubt."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, I don't want people to think I'm gay.

"It is better to have people think that you are queer than drink Bud Light and remove all doubt."

Needs more rhymey parts. Like this:

It's better to have people think
That you are queer
Than for people to see you
Drinking Budweiser beer

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Effectively all the Bud like this now:
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That you are queer
Drinking Budweiser beer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That you are queer
Drinking Budweiser beer

Burmashave.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://images.barrons.com/im-779610?width=639&height=426
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, they done pissed off the homos by distracting themselves from the ad.  IDK who their target demo should be now. Homeless winos who don't care either way?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
  Hell, they done pissed off the homos by distracting themselves from the ad.  IDK who their target demo should be now. Homeless winos who don't care either way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe homeless would buy cheap Busch:

A mail in rebate could be problematic for homeless.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv9WS2VWYAEce5K?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8L7AyWYAMptXH?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point, they could just park an 18 wheeler of expired beer near a homeless camp and give it away. It would be cheaper than shipping it back to AB.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Someone may have already made this point, but I keep seeing this compared to NFL, NBA, etc.  The difference here is there are no easy alternatives to the sports if that is your thing.
View Quote

Plenty of soccer... MLS, English premier league, etc.

I don't think I've seen any knee taking in the MLS games.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Desperation isn't the way to get customers back...
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
As a matter of fact, that is about all who is left "buying" it. I was watching Smoke N Scan last night on Youtube and LASD stopped and questioned some homeless weirdo tweeker riding a non-street legal motorbike around downtown LA. He happened to have a briefcase pack of Bud Light. Whether he bought it, or stole it from a convenience store, I don't know. What was hilarious was that EVERYONE in the live-stream chat was mocking him and the beer when the Bud Light appeared. Then the chat descended into making up various puns and slurs about Bud Light.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I haven’t bought bud lights since this ordeal. I like ipas and get them for home but bud lights were my camping and extra beers.

Since changed to lite or pbr. I still have 4 pre tranny bud lights I left at my moms. I just visited and she says aren’t you gonna drink those beers I laughed and said nope. I’m gonna sell them as pre trans beer on eBay instead.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Someone may have already made this point, but I keep seeing this compared to NFL, NBA, etc.  The difference here is there are no easy alternatives to the sports if that is your thing. Generic domestic beer however, has a plethora of alternatives. Blind studies have shown most domestic beer drinkers can't pick their brand in a lineup. Habit and familiarity are a thing. A Miller Lite may taste different at first, until you become accustomed to the label. In a month or two, that Bud Light might taste different. I think this boycott has legs and will have an effect. I normally drink stouts, but grab an occasional beer from the corner store cooler. I was a Bud Light drinker from way back in the day and now prefer Coors. This switch happened solely because I preferred the wide mouth bottle.
View Quote

It’s a cuck move to put addiction to watching sports over your own morals.  You don’t have to replace it with another league, just stop watching. And please, cancel cable and streaming.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think people are misunderstanding me and assuming that I thought it was a good one:
https://www.anheuser-busch.com/newsroom/our-responsibility-to-america

If you've been keeping up with the thread, it's clearly not the response people wanted, but it is the one AB gave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

@odiedodi
I think people are misunderstanding me and assuming that I thought it was a good one:
https://www.anheuser-busch.com/newsroom/our-responsibility-to-america

If you've been keeping up with the thread, it's clearly not the response people wanted, but it is the one AB gave.

basically, it's a stock leftist response of "I'm sorry you people are too fucking racist/sexist/transphobic to understand our message"
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Can't fit the life if me find a case of Flight here in CMH. Only bottles if at all
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That you are queer
Drinking Budweiser beer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That you are queer
Drinking Budweiser beer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Given to a farm in Enumclaw?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My only concern about Bud or InBev is what happens to the Clydesdales.

Given to a farm in Enumclaw?

Oh man, hahaha, brutal!

I take it you lived here in the early 2000's
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
CIA plot got too much backfire.

Too hard of a push.

This is learning on a companies expense.
View Quote

You mean at the shareholder's expense.  

AB should be sued for millions and the board fired along with anyone in management at the Bud leadership and marketing.  

I know many beer drinkers.  All have said they will never consume another AB branded beverage ever.  

ETA: Over heard one bar patron call Bud Light out as Queer Beer.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]
The fact that Conservative voices are no longer being disproportionately censored on Twitter is another factor contributing to the success of this boycott.

Also, AB can't just stop making beer. They have many $millions ($billions?) tied up in capital equipment and facilities to produce beer at approximately the rate they were selling it. They kind of have to keep producing, even if on contract for a competitor. The effect of lost sales is one side of the equation. But the other is the impact of whatever debt they have for capital and operating expenses. The next step will be fire selling their breweries to their competitors. And, of course, potentially spinning off the damaged brand to a Venture Capitalist who will take apart the assets and sell them. God, I hope this works!
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#29]

@917-30

Umm can I get an air drop to me sent to California...

I am down to my last case!

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Never trade your larger customer base for a smaller one."

Business 201
View Quote

This is true.
I like the way they were trying to blame this on "Third party ad agency."
If true, who is it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

There sure is a lot of wishful thinking on eBay. 20% discount?!?  How about I give you $1 so I can shoot them up?  LOL
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The fact that Conservative voices are no longer being disproportionately censored on Twitter is another factor contributing to the success of this boycott.

Also, AB can't just stop making beer. They have many $millions ($billions?) tied up in capital equipment and facilities to produce beer at approximately the rate they were selling it. They kind of have to keep producing, even if on contract for a competitor. The effect of lost sales is one side of the equation. But the other is the impact of whatever debt they have for capital and operating expenses. The next step will be fire selling their breweries to their competitors. And, of course, potentially spinning off the damaged brand to a Venture Capitalist who will take apart the assets and sell them. God, I hope this works!
View Quote

You make a good point about Twitter.  You tube surprised me also.  I didn’t notice any attempted censorship at all.  You tube content creators have made bunches of anti-Bud Light and anti-AB-InBev videos.  Most of them clever and humorous.  I have seen exactly 1 pro AB-InBev and 1 neutral video.  I am surprised AB-InBev didn’t hire some content creators to try and do some damage control.  But apparently they didn’t.

You are right about AB-Inbev’s production problems.  An idle brewery is a money losing brewery.  AB-InBev has a lot of debt.  The US only counts for about 30% of AB-InBev, so I don’t expect to see bankruptcy.  But selling some or all of their US breweries and brands?  I think that might be a possibility.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You're missing the point.  People are upset about all of that, but feel powerless to do anything about it.  I can't impact the direction of our military or school boards outside of my own district, but I sure as hell can choose what beer to buy.  The Bud Light boycott isn't about beer.  It is about the silent majority finding a voice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fill our schools with tranny talk, have our churches hold tranny festivals, destroy our military with deviant behavior but mess with our beer and its game on.

Our priorities are so fucked.

You're missing the point.  People are upset about all of that, but feel powerless to do anything about it.  I can't impact the direction of our military or school boards outside of my own district, but I sure as hell can choose what beer to buy.  The Bud Light boycott isn't about beer.  It is about the silent majority finding a voice.

The part I bolded is the truth.  There's not much I can do with immediate effect to politicians and government. But THIS is something I can do ASAP to have an immediate impact.

I just hope it has staying power and filters over to other "woke" areas like other companies pulling the same s**t, sportsball, and weak RINO politicians.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bud should be used as the primary example in all marketing education. One of the worst tasting beers ever produced, with Bud Light just barely resembling beer, yet you drank it, presumably from your post, exclusively for decades.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#35]
My son is in college. And ordering Bud Light or drinking it in general gets you made fun of now so the kids aren’t drinking it. If college kids are boycotting it……
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think one of the lessons here is that telling people to boycott and why doesn't work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the first time we've truly employed our economic power as a team. I like the results so far, and we're not done.

We should do this more often. And by that I mean all the fucking time.

Boycotts work. If the people who actually have the money employ them.

It only works in a very crowded spaced with lots of competition.  There are 100s of other beers trying to get in that space.  How many options to the NFL are there?  None.  How many sporting goods stores are there in every town?  If the option is only Dicks, then people will keep shopping there even if they hate it.  If there were 10 other sporting goods store in the same parking lot, then the boycott of Dick's would have been more successful.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the "scared straight" program corporations need.
View Quote

This.

Bud was the King of Beers. I hope the King is dead.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Wonder if/when we will have this option in Montana.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Last time I shot past a NASCAR race highlight video on YouTube, the stands looked completely empty.
View Quote

I've lived within a few miles of one of the more popular Nascar tracks in the nation for over 40 years. That is Talladega. Prior to the recession of 08, the census there at races was insane. The Mondays after the race still  had caravans of RVs filing out on I-20. It has dwindled ever since.  

The woke shit has choked it even more in my observation. Back in the hay day, we used to plan out of town trips for race weekends to avoid the crowds. That or just den up for the weekend. After the last race a couple of weeks ago, i went shopping for groceries after the race was over. I could barely detect any race fan presence.

I grinned. Nascar is retarded anyway and needs to evoporate. It's not been "stock car" racing since i was a kid.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I do not think that we should boycott BL / AB to teach them a lesson.

I think we should leave a fucking crater to teach others a lesson.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My son is in college. And ordering Bud Light or drinking it in general gets you made fun of now so the kids aren’t drinking it. If college kids are boycotting it……
View Quote

I have been assured by many self-proclaimed experts that today’s young people are very inclusive and that the BUD marketing approach would be very effective on them.  Also, bad publicity is very good for sales.

Yet you are claiming the opposite.  Either you or they are totally wrong.

Some tell me we will have to wait for the next earnings report to find out.

I am short BUD and enjoying the ride.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the "scared straight" program corporations need.

This.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

I think they took a direct hit
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Add Brandon Harrera to the list of anti Bud Light YouTubers.  Just watched him shoot up some Bud Lights with a Soviet era PPSh sub machine gun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You make a good point about Twitter.  You tube surprised me also.  I didn’t notice any attempted censorship at all.  You tube content creators have made bunches of anti-Bud Light and anti-AB-InBev videos.  Most of them clever and humorous.  I have seen exactly 1 pro AB-InBev and 1 neutral video.  I am surprised AB-InBev didn’t hire some content creators to try and do some damage control.  But apparently they didn’t.

You are right about AB-Inbev’s production problems.  An idle brewery is a money losing brewery.  AB-InBev has a lot of debt.  The US only counts for about 30% of AB-InBev, so I don’t expect to see bankruptcy.  But selling some or all of their US breweries and brands?  I think that might be a possibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YouTube was getting bad press for their censorship a couple years ago. Now that Twitter is opening up, and is developing a better video system, YouTube doesn't have the luxury of censoring conservatives nearly as much.

Google is still woke AF, but GPT-4/AI and Twitter are becoming SERIOUS threats. The ability for a single platform to control debate is basically over.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#45]
AB might be able to course correct if they launch a new ad depicting a very traditional blue collar family.

Dad comes home from a long day at his blue collar job. Wife opens the door and he’s greeted by the kids running up to hug him. They go inside and mom promptly hands dad a bud light and he sits in his chair and talks with the kids while mom goes to the kitchen to make dinner. Maybe even depict a Bible, crucifix or rosary in the background.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#46]
AB should hire Kathy Griffin for a photo shoot holding a fake bloody Dylan head. I heard she could use the money, too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
AB might be able to course correct if they launch a new ad depicting a very traditional blue collar family.

Dad comes home from a long day at his blue collar job. Wife opens the door and he's greeted by the kids running up to hug him. They go inside and mom promptly hands dad a bud light and he sits in his chair and talks with the kids while mom goes to the kitchen to make dinner. Maybe even depict a Bible, crucifix or rosary in the background.
View Quote
  Nothing less than a statement with total repudiation and denouncement of all things LGBTWHATEVER and anything woke will do.  Hinting at it ain't gonna cut it.  
  A few million in donations to family oriented charities/organizations wouldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Sipping a nice cold Busch Light now.

After this, I have two 30 packs left in the garage and that is all for AB.  Those $17 30 packs were nice though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sipping a nice cold Busch Light now.

After this, I have two 30 packs left in the garage and that is all for AB.  Those $17 30 packs were nice though.
View Quote
  You bought them pre Dylan, right?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top