Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Distributors can only distribute what people are buying, this will be another lesson to the woke A-B.  

Shit is starting to get real, their stock got downgraded to a hold today too.

Go woke go broke, yea it's a real thing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Never let a good crisis go to waste.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My only concern about Bud or InBev is what happens to the Clydesdales.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They did apologize. They can't really do much more than that while also maintaining optics. That marketing campaign really put them in a terrible spot.
View Quote

Please show me where they apologized?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

CoC 6
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably scraping together their money to buy Yuengling
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have been sold-off to Elmer's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#9]
They are gonna put a dick in every can. It will be like a crackerjack box.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The CEO statement said that their beer is inclusive and the rube customer hicks are ones sowing division.

And all they need to do is triple their advertising to drive the propaganda home.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is saying "Sorry, we completely fucked up, it'll never happen again", so hard to say?  Had they done that at week one, this would be in the memory hole.  Now, they are being boycotted by both sides, which anybody could have seen coming.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Edited
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited

This lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bud will buy up Two X's and Corona
View Quote

Oh man! Dos Equis is missing a golden marketing opportunity.  New slogan "When only a true XX will do".  Holy shit I'm a genius!

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Dickbutts for you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#15]
My buddy is a regional manager for a large AB distributor, he does store sales. Said they would normally be doing 500 cases to winco on Fridays for the weekend, Apparently they didn't need any of their normal 500 cases this Friday
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Corporate to distributors:

There may have been a slight miscalculation on our side of things, but that is irrelevant.  The important thing for everyone to understand is that we are going to need you to make the sacrifices to pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Is Cindy McCain going?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dog food and glue…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is Cindy McCain going?
View Quote

You mean the Hensley family of Bronfman crime family fame?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe.  I'm doubtful though.  Companies need to stay out of politics.

Remember the left's outrage over the 'corporate personhood' ruling?  This was when the courts cleared companies to spend money on political issues and have an opinion. The left was in full blown outrage for a couple years because they assumed all corporations would be conservative.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they celebrate it.  Funny how that works.

Conservatives should have seen this coming for a long long time.

Edit:  My statement above "Companies need to stay out of politics." is merely a personal preference.  By no means am I advocating that companies should be silenced by groups or regulated into silence.  As a small business owner, I know that many of my clients are left-leaning.  It would be dumb of me to bring social issues into my business.
View Quote

I believe there are two sides to the "stay out of politics" coin. If a company can truly stay neutral, I'm all for it. That said, I'd rather know if a company's leadership hates my guts vs. having them run silent while taking my money.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Absolutely not. Expect more severe beatings as they ramp up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the "scared straight" program corporations need.

Absolutely not. Expect more severe beatings as they ramp up.

The flogging will continue until morale & sales improve.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If a combined 40% brand loss is known,
It's probably worse than that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/1683743633405365943610553568412_53080285-2813249.JPG
View Quote

Coors and Miller are no better, they just don't plaster their love of trannies on the cans. I would have thought Yeungling sales would be much higher.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I believe there are two sides to the "stay out of politics" coin. If a company can truly stay neutral, I'm all for it. That said, I'd rather know if a company's leadership hates my guts vs. having them run silent while taking my money.
View Quote

I'm cool if they are truly silent and not involved in politics.

But what we see is large corporations shoveling money into DIE and other shit like transing kids. I have no desire to fund people who are out to destroy me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They did apologize. They can't really do much more than that while also maintaining optics. That marketing campaign really put them in a terrible spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The screeching would be epic IF the corporate folks backed down but they won't or can't ..makes no difference.

That wasn't an apology. It was a "we did what we did and hope you'll come back but we will remain diverse".

Quoted:
Quoted:
Distributors have warehouses full of product that isn't moving.  They better get some answers from corporate before they start defaulting on their credits.

Doesn't work that way, the load is yours as soon as it scales out from brewery...funds are EFT.
This applies to most states, some state laws may work otherwise.

Pork barrel Ned got a law passed here when he was governor that once it changes hands it can't go back.

He owned the Bud distributorship in Nashville, and it saved him from having to take back damaged or out of date product.

The local distributors ignored the law to keep their customers happy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck AB. I was a loyal drinker of Bud for over 4 decades. Now I buy Yuengling and prefer the taste. We are NEVER going back.

ETA: I had never heard of Yuengling, or considered other beers until AB started promoting Tranny fluid.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Distributors can only distribute what people are buying
View Quote
And by the time people begin to think it has blown over, then they really miss that ice cold Bud Light they used to drink, and it is on sale for $2 less a case than whatever it is they switched to, so "why the hell not? I'll buy that suitcase of Bud Light," that Bud Light will taste like ass because it was sitting in a warehouse for 45 days longer than what the pre-Mulvaney Bud Light was.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That wasn't an apology. It was a "we did what we did and hope you'll come back but we will remain diverse".

Pork barrel Ned got a law passed here when he was governor that once it changes hands it can't go back.

He owned the Bud distributorship in Nashville, and it saved him from having to take back damaged or out of date product.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The screeching would be epic IF the corporate folks backed down but they won't or can't ..makes no difference.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Distributors have warehouses full of product that isn't moving.  They better get some answers from corporate before they start defaulting on their credits.

Doesn't work that way, the load is yours as soon as it scales out from brewery...funds are EFT.

It's that way in many states.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The following bullshit statement is the closest they've come. "We didn't mean to ruffle any feathers by putting a tranny on our cans."

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer,” Brendan Whitworth wrote in an open letter published on the company’s Twitter account. Full of allusions to his military service and the company’s “history and heritage” in “America’s heartland,” the letter never actually mentioned the boycott, or Mulvaney, or explained what prompted Whitworth to write it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#29]
You tube algos keep showing me BUD related videos.  They have ranged from neutral to negative with a single exception.  That single exception emphasized the early talking points of BUD apologists.  Boycotts never work, people from flyover country are stupid, and bad publicity is good, because it sells more product.

Guess what?  Boycotts can work.  People from flyover country are just as smart as marketing experts, (smarter IMO), and bad publicity can indeed result in reduced sales.

BUD has been the funnest short of my entire speculative career.  ??

At the rate BUD is declining I will soon have a nickel for every Bud I drank in my younger days!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm cool if they are truly silent and not involved in politics.

But what we see is large corporations shoveling money into DIE and other shit like transing kids. I have no desire to fund people who are out to destroy me.
View Quote

Bilderbergers?

Word Economic Forum?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it possible distributors are refusing to pay? Or at least letting the accounts run past due...just because they can?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#32]
What I really want to know is how much of a hit Michelob Ultra is taking with the Yeti lake bros.

Lake bros LOVE their Michelob Ultra.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Bud operating on such razor thin margins that a couple weeks of down sales can sink them?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Get in bed with a tranny, get dicked.

FAB
View Quote

I loled
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is it possible distributors are refusing to pay? Or at least letting the accounts run past due...just because they can?
View Quote

Anything is possible, but highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Transitioning to Unicorns.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bilderbergers?

Word Economic Forum?
View Quote

I can't write on the internet what I would like to see happen to those people.

But suffice it to say I'm not a fan. And they're not interested in staying out of politics, so the statement don't really fit them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#38]
They must be offering distributors concessions for all the beer that's going to expire in their warehouses.  Don't want to piss off the people that buy their product in bulk.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I should give AB a call I have a great idea to save their asses. All they need to do is recall all Bud Lite. Add a little pickle juice to the mix. Rebrand the beer with a whole new sour beer flavor. Call it Pickle Surprise.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live in the shadow of the mothership.  I went into the local grocery yesterday and could not believe what I saw.  No BL on the floor.  Two columns in the cold case--untouched.
Other brews ravaged.  
Four pallets of Yuengling in the dairy section and they had space in the cooler also.  
I am not a beer drinker but may get some Yuengling for guests.  I used to keep a six of Mich Ultra for that and would occasionally have one with certain foods that have no wine pairing.  
They are getting massacred in their home town.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was an apology the way "I'm sorry you're wrong" or "I wish you hadn't have made me hit you" are apologies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Coors and Miller are no better, they just don't plaster their love of trannies on the cans. I would have thought Yeungling sales would be much higher.

https://www.dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/beer-brands-1070.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a combined 40% brand loss is known,
It's probably worse than that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/1683743633405365943610553568412_53080285-2813249.JPG

https://www.dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/beer-brands-1070.jpg

Attachment Attached File

Only Yuengling and PBR here now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM eastern.  All field reps are required to return to their respective terminals for a mandatory teleconference at the same hour.  I'm not sure if the meetings are the same or separate for the reps.
Things are way worse for AB than they are allowing the public to know.  I got this info from a person I know that orders for a bar.  His rep told him this a short time ago.

I wonder if it's the official death of Bud Light?

Congrats to all.  I'm doing my part too.  I've loved AB Light pilsner beers for decades.  Not anymore...or ever again under any circumstances.
View Quote

My local gas station was almost completely out of beer last week. Lady behind the counter said that the truck(s) were late. Funny thing is, the shelves in the cooler were stacked full of Bud Light. That right there should tell you something.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bud operating on such razor thin margins that a couple weeks of down sales can sink them?
View Quote

No, they are too big for that to happen.

However, with all the aquisitions they have made they are leveraged enough for it to actually hurt them.

The next quarter numbers will show how much they have been damaged because they have been manipulating short term sales numbers to minimize the perceived effect of sales losses.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m enjoying watching all of this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look at it this way.  Memorial Day is coming up.  Not a big beer drinking holiday, but any 3 day weekend will see beer consumption increase over a regular weekend.  Then comes June, which is Pride Month.  Many of the LGBTQ community are choosing to boycott BUD.  After Pride month comes the 4th of July.  Two holidays can make a great year for a brewer.  4th of July and Labor Day.  Bad weather on either/both can turn a regular year into a bad year.  BUD is already having a bad year.

Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.  Will it cause them a great deal of financial pain?  Yes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh man! Dos Equis is missing a golden marketing opportunity.  New slogan "When only a true XX will do".  Holy shit I'm a genius!

https://i.postimg.cc/MpW2f37C/Capture.png
View Quote
I don't always chase strange, but when I do, only a XX will do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you saying that distributors could end up with the financial loss because of what corporate did?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why is saying "Sorry, we completely fucked up, it'll never happen again", so hard to say?  Had they done that at week one, this would be in the memory hole.  Now, they are being boycotted by both sides, which anybody could have seen coming.

View Quote

"both sides"  ha!

The only side that mattered was the 99% of their customers that they offended as if they didn't matter. F them, let them go broke.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is now in it's 6th working week.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top