Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

AB is NOT the parent company in the US. What part of "Complete Divestiture" includes distributing an AB product?
View Quote
What does that have to do with the boycott subject ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's parent company is ABI, that many here are boycotting and many ABI distributors in the US have the rights to distribute those products.
View Quote

Arguing with an idiot lol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Imported by Constellation is correct.
Care to guess who owns the Modelo brewery in Mexico ?
View Quote
Constellation Brands.  I used to work for them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They did apologize. They can't really do much more than that while also maintaining optics. That marketing campaign really put them in a terrible spot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The screeching would be epic IF the corporate folks backed down but they won't or can't ..makes no difference.
They did apologize. They can't really do much more than that while also maintaining optics. That marketing campaign really put them in a terrible spot.

I don't remember an actual apology or a "We fucked up".
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Constellation Brands.  I used to work for them.
View Quote

No use arguing dude.

He doesn't understand the difference either way.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
This situation is not really about Bud Light. It's Americans rejecting transgenderism. The American people can't stand the degeneracy any longer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No it’s my usual hours, thankfully my company has a good amount of products that are unaffiliated with AB and we are doing pretty well with that stuff lately.
View Quote

Good for you Rob.  My contact tells me that before the incident, he ordered 6-8 half barrels of BL every week.  He has not ordered one since the first week in April.  He also reports that AB brands, across the board, are down.  Brands that most don't know are InBev, like Shock Top, are doing better but still down.  He is having difficulty getting enough of non AB/InBev brands.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What I really want to know is how much of a hit Michelob Ultra is taking with the Yeti lake bros.

Lake bros LOVE their Michelob Ultra.
View Quote

I’ve stopped drinking it entirely, I’ve stopped drinking pretty much all beer at this point.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is saying "Sorry, we completely fucked up, it'll never happen again", so hard to say?  Had they done that at week one, this would be in the memory hole.  Now, they are being boycotted by both sides, which anybody could have seen coming.

View Quote

I don’t really drink beer so they aren’t losing my patronage either way, but saying sorry doesn’t seem like enough to me. It would almost seem like pandering at this point unless they explain why they were wrong, and why they are sorry, and that will never happen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Arguing with an idiot lol.
View Quote

Not arguing sir debating.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe.  I'm doubtful though.  Companies need to stay out of politics.

Remember the left's outrage over the 'corporate personhood' ruling?  This was when the courts cleared companies to spend money on political issues and have an opinion. The left was in full blown outrage for a couple years because they assumed all corporations would be conservative.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they celebrate it.  Funny how that works.

Conservatives should have seen this coming for a long long time.

Edit:  My statement above "Companies need to stay out of politics." is merely a personal preference.  By no means am I advocating that companies should be silenced by groups or regulated into silence.  As a small business owner, I know that many of my clients are left-leaning.  It would be dumb of me to bring social issues into my business.
View Quote
exactly, the only way to win the game is to refuse to play.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No use arguing dude.

He doesn't understand the difference either way.
View Quote

I actually do understand the difference.
Been in the beer biz most of my life.
I completely get what you are saying, but I think you are missing my point.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If a combined 40% brand loss is known,
It's probably worse than that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/1683743633405365943610553568412_53080285-2813249.JPG
View Quote
I read somewhere awhile back that COORs was an acronym meaning Comrades Of Our Racial Struggle.

I doubt that realistically has any connection to the beer company though, probably just more people taking shit and changing it for their own usage.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It has been a while since a major brewery imploded.  Millennials have no memory of how brutal the brewing industry used to be.  Falstaff was number 3 about the time I was born, and Schlitz was number 1, (US).

By the time I reached drinking age they had imploded, and before I was 30, they were gone.  Pabst owns the brand names now.  (Pabst is also a former number 1 brewer).
View Quote

When I was growing up every bar, mostly, offered six brands of beer; Pabst, Bud, Schlitz ,Miller,  Hamms and Falstaff with Pabst and Schlitz  the biggest sellers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don’t really drink beer so they aren’t losing my patronage either way, but saying sorry doesn’t seem like enough to me. It would almost seem like pandering at this point unless they explain why they were wrong, and why they are sorry, and that will never happen.
View Quote

I could care less if they properly apologize or not.  They used their corporate influence to wage war on our culture.  They are dead to me and always will be.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
AB needs to do a public fireside chat, not a closed door meeting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#17]
This distributor meeting is probably where AB doubles down on their commitment to woke cultures and threatens the distributors to tow the line. They will use any existing contract language to further intimidate distributors into compliance.

I would not be surprised if they try to hold the entire portfolio of brands AB distributes over their heads; i.e. if you don't buy AB we won't sell you mom and pop craft brands either. Yes I could see them trying to hurt or drag down anyone else they can.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I never heard anything even remotely like an apology.  Can you reference anything?

The woman who was in charge of the campaign is on leave, according to news articles, yet people are under the impression that her employment was terminated.   Leave and fired are different things.  

I still happen to believe that words have definitions.  Absent "Marketing woman's employment is terminated" or "We apologize", those things doo not exist.   Fancy double talk and legalese do not count.  They never did.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Get in bed with a tranny, get dicked.

FAB
View Quote

LMFAO
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I doubt I ever drank any of the original Schlitz.  I do remember drinking Schlitz malt liquor.  I remember Falstaff a couple of times.

I don’t want to sound like Battlestar Galactica, but this has all happened before, it will all happen again.
View Quote

To me Schlitz had a sickenly sweet taste. We called it Headache in a Can.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This distributor meeting is probably where AB doubles down on their commitment to woke cultures and threatens the distributors to tow the line. They will use any existing contract language to further intimidate distributors into compliance.

I would not be surprised if they try to hold the entire portfolio of brands AB distributes over their heads; i.e. if you don't buy AB we won't sell you mom and pop craft brands either. Yes I could see them trying to hurt or drag down anyone else they can.
View Quote

How can that work?

If restaurants/bars tell the distributors, "No Bud light or any other AB products, we can't move what we have on hand now, our customers get angry if we even suggest it", what are the distributors supposed to do?

Force the bars to accept cases of BL? How?

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If a combined 40% brand loss is known,
It's probably worse than that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/1683743633405365943610553568412_53080285-2813249.JPG
View Quote

Why is woke Coors and Miller going up? I thought people were boycotting woke shit
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Anecdotal, I know, but when I asked the Lebanese owner of the liquor store I stop by every so often on my way home from work if he was selling Bud Light, he laughed, gave me a thumbs down, and said nobody wants it.  

And this is in a shitty part of Flint.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And this is in a shitty part of Flint.
View Quote

Hahahahahaha....oh wait you're serious.  I thought it was all shitty!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the "scared straight" program corporations need.
View Quote

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!

This going on longer and stronger than I thought it would.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This situation is not really about Bud Light. It's Americans rejecting transgenderism. The American people can't stand the degeneracy any longer.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The following bullshit statement is the closest they've come. "We didn't mean to ruffle any feathers by putting a tranny on our cans."

View Quote

That statement is just gaslighting. “We didn’t mean to do something that would divide people. I mean why would supporting trans be divisive? It’s perfectly normal we don’t understand why you’re offended.” - AB probably
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Get in bed with a tranny, get dicked.

FAB
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When I was growing up every bar, mostly, offered six brands of beer; Pabst, Bud, Schlitz ,Miller,  Hamms and Falstaff with Pabst and Schlitz  the biggest sellers.
View Quote

WTF?  No Schaefer's?

You led a disadvantaged childhood.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hahahahahaha....oh wait you're serious.  I thought it was all shitty!
View Quote

Yeah, probably redundant.  Good catch. .  Either way, he isn't selling Budweiser, even to those degenerates. Or to us degenerates.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

WTF?  No Schaefer's?

You led a disadvantaged childhood.

https://canmuseum.com/Staging/Images/Cans/1977L.jpg

View Quote
Me and this kid when we were about 13 or 14 worked with his dad in construction for the summers and were paid in this. Good times lol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The fuck they do:  https://www.cbrands.com/collections/beer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud will buy up Two X's and Corona

They already own Corona
The fuck they do:  https://www.cbrands.com/collections/beer

it says
The Corona and Modelo U.S. brand licenses are exclusively owned by Constellation Brands, Inc
but somehow or other IB/AB has it
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

it says  but somehow or other IB/AB has it
View Quote

Corona is sold by many ABI distributors and non ABI distributors as well in the US.
The contracts to sell these is not with ABI, but with Constellation.

AB owned 50% of Modelo brewery prior to the hostile takeover by InBev.
After the takeover, ABI tried to buy the rest but the justice dept said no and a merger was formed.
ABI is still part owner and has distribution rights in other areas outside of the US.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was very much a non-apology. No apology has been issued yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That graphic is wrong.

Pacifico, Modelo, Corona brands are all imported by Constellation brands.  Inbev only owns them outside the US.

Constellation does.

https://www.cbrands.com/blogs/news/constellation-brands-completes-acquisition-of-grupo-modelos-u-s-beer-business
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They're trying that here in Oregon.  Kids 14 and up can get trans surgeries, of any kind, without parental notification. Health insurance is required to cover it.  Free if you're on Oregon Health Plan.  The Senate walked out over it, but not sure how long they can hold out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had lunch with a previous director of Planned Parenthood several months back.  They're planning to replace the lost revenue, in the aftermath of Roe v Wade being overturned, with gender modification surgeries.

They're trying that here in Oregon.  Kids 14 and up can get trans surgeries, of any kind, without parental notification. Health insurance is required to cover it.  Free if you're on Oregon Health Plan.  The Senate walked out over it, but not sure how long they can hold out.

So the same 14 year olds who are not responsible enough to get a tattoo, vote, drove, drink, buy a gun from a ffl, enlist, get married, or commit adult crimes are developed enough to have permanent physical and chemical alterations to their bodies without parental consent.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good luck when that meeting gets leaked...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Just a reminder, Jack Daniels is on the Tranny Train too:

Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire presents Drag Queen Mukbang. Episode 3 | Laganja Estranja

https://www.newsweek.com/jack-daniels-whiskey-boycott-calls-lgbt-campaign-1792890

I'm drinking Very Old Barton bourbon these days.

I like my beverages without wokeness, thank you very much.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Corona is sold by many ABI distributors and non ABI distributors as well in the US.

After the takeover, ABI tried to buy the rest but the justice dept said no and a merger was formed.
ABI is still part owner and has distribution rights in other areas outside of the US.
View Quote

VICTOR, N.Y., June 7, 2013 - Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, announced today that it has completed its acquisition of Grupo Modelo's U.S. beer business from Anheuser-Busch InBev for approximately $4.75 billion. The transaction includes full ownership of Crown Imports LLC which provides Constellation with complete, independent control of all aspects of the U.S. commercial business; a state-of-the-art brewery in Nava (Piedras Negras), Mexico; exclusive perpetual brand license in the U.S. to import, market and sell Corona and the Modelo brands Crown currently sells and the freedom to develop brand extensions and innovations for the U.S. market.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it says  but somehow or other IB/AB has it

this is a good breakdown that helps clear up a lot of crap. thanks for that.
so what you're saying then is that if I buy a Corona in Belgium then AB gets some profit?  But if I buy a Corona here in the US then neither AB nor IB gets a dime???
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You're right it makes no difference.  Joe Sixpack's had enough of this shit and someone's dying.  Beer brands can be adapted for politics, even.  I predicted a few weeks back that they should have doubled down and kept the LGBTQ thing going at least, but no--they backpedaled and took a dickin' there too.  They should sell their stock and part out their company to the other hetro-brewers that have seen increasing demand.
View Quote

Stock has already been downgraded.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Saw this at my grocery store yesterday. Doesn’t seem like selling your product at 50% off is normal. I’d say the boycott is working pretty well.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Saw this at my grocery store yesterday. Doesn't seem like selling your product at 50% off is normal. I'd say the boycott is working pretty well.

https://i.postimg.cc/bJHJhjxq/DB312-C89-9-CED-45-DB-9846-81-F47941982-A.jpg
View Quote
How long before bitter beer commercials come back?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

VICTOR, N.Y., June 7, 2013 - Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, announced today that it has completed its acquisition of Grupo Modelo's U.S. beer business from Anheuser-Busch InBev for approximately $4.75 billion. The transaction includes full ownership of Crown Imports LLC which provides Constellation with complete, independent control of all aspects of the U.S. commercial business; a state-of-the-art brewery in Nava (Piedras Negras), Mexico; exclusive perpetual brand license in the U.S. to import, market and sell Corona and the Modelo brands Crown currently sells and the freedom to develop brand extensions and innovations for the U.S. market.
View Quote

I'm aware, but that doesn't change the fact that ABI still owns a good chunk of the company.
They are not involved with the US market, which I acknowledged, but they still profit from their share of ownership where the products are made.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

this is a good breakdown that helps clear up a lot of crap. thanks for that.
so what you're saying then is that if I buy a Corona in Belgium then AB gets some profit?  But if I buy a Corona here in the US then neither AB nor IB gets a dime???
View Quote

I'm not a lawyer, but I would say that is correct.
You will be buying a product distributed by your local distributor who has distribution rights thru Constellation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

I won't be back until the top people at AB are living in a cardboard box having to suck dick for moldy bread to eat.

Fuck them and everyone else who champions this shit.
View Quote

Fuck yeah! It’s so sick and disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

I won't be back until the top people at AB are living in a cardboard box having to suck dick for moldy bread to eat.

Fuck them and everyone else who champions this shit.
View Quote

Fuck yeah! It’s so sick and disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have been hearing this for almost 6 weeks now.  It hasn’t happened yet.

I don’t doubt AB-InBev survives.  Bud Light may not, though.
View Quote

The guy that created (worked on?) The Frogs and Wassup! campaigns pointed out it took decades of marketing to make bud light #1 over Miller... he didn't seem to think BL was going to weather the storm.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm aware, but that doesn't change the fact that ABI still owns a good chunk of the company.
They are not involved with the US market, which I acknowledged, but they still profit from their share of ownership where the products are made.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542569/abi_JPG-2813459.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542569/abi_JPG-2813459.jpg

Not only do they not own any of it, it's forbidden by the antitrust settlement.  

Constellation with complete, independent control of all aspects of the U.S. commercial business; a state-of-the-art brewery in Nava (Piedras Negras), Mexico; exclusive perpetual brand license in the U.S. to import, market and sell Corona and the Modelo brands Crown currently sells
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sure, but they also can't go all out. Imagine pulling a 180 on the rainbow tribe in current year. They dug their own grave when they ran the ad in the first place. I don't really see a good way for them to get out of it now.
View Quote

Which group drinks most AB products...?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top