Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why is woke Coors and Miller going up? I thought people were boycotting woke shit
View Quote

Timing is everything.  Normal people were upset about the absurdity of Biden declaring National Trans Day a few days after a trans shot up a Christian school.  Bud Light gave them a convenient target to voice their displeasure.  It continues to gain steam because it is working.  People finally feel like they have taken some power back.  Yes, all corporations are infested with ESG crap, but the downfall of Bud Light will resonate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Conservatives are generally terrible when it comes to boycotts. We tend to go back to buying the offending companies shit. I expected the same thing with Bud Light. But it seems to be sticking and people are not going back to buying it. They truly struck a nerve in the country where I think people finally said enough is enough.
View Quote

It's even worse... there's now a stigma attached to buying BL..
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw this at my grocery store yesterday. Doesn’t seem like selling your product at 50% off is normal. I’d say the boycott is working pretty well.

https://i.postimg.cc/bJHJhjxq/DB312-C89-9-CED-45-DB-9846-81-F47941982-A.jpg
View Quote

Dumping stock before it all goes belly up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not only do they not own any of it, it's forbidden by the antitrust settlement.  

Constellation with complete, independent control of all aspects of the U.S. commercial business; a state-of-the-art brewery in Nava (Piedras Negras), Mexico; exclusive perpetual brand license in the U.S. to import, market and sell Corona and the Modelo brands Crown currently sells
View Quote

It’s useless convincing him otherwise. When a retard mind is set one way, no links will convince him otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What they need to do is repackage the beer with a shit ton of hop extracts and an IPA label.  

Bearded flannel wearers will be tripping over themselves to pay 4x the price of Bud Light.
View Quote

Hmmmm.... but how many lost vs how many gained.

I'm pretty sure that marketing demographic plays at beer drinking and switches to the next new thing on a whim.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Constellation with complete, independent control of all aspects of the U.S. commercial business; a state-of-the-art brewery in Nava (Piedras Negras), Mexico; exclusive perpetual brand license in the U.S. to import, market and sell Corona and the Modelo brands Crown currently sells
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VICTOR, N.Y., June 7, 2013 - Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ and STZ.B), a leading beverage alcohol company, announced today that it has completed its acquisition of Grupo Modelo's U.S. beer business from Anheuser-Busch InBev for approximately $4.75 billion. The transaction includes full ownership of Crown Imports LLC which provides Constellation with complete, independent control of all aspects of the U.S. commercial business; a state-of-the-art brewery in Nava (Piedras Negras), Mexico; exclusive perpetual brand license in the U.S. to import, market and sell Corona and the Modelo brands Crown currently sells and the freedom to develop brand extensions and innovations for the U.S. market.

I'm aware, but that doesn't change the fact that ABI still owns a good chunk of the company.
They are not involved with the US market, which I acknowledged, but they still profit from their share of ownership where the products are made.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542569/abi_JPG-2813459.jpg

I understand everything you are saying, and read the justice dept brief when it came out.
The parent company of Groupo Modelo in Mexico is still ABI.
My original comments were for the guys who were saying this brand vs that brand, depends on how far people wanna go with the boycott.

I personally hope this boycott doesn't hurt Constellation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Coors and Miller are no better, they just don't plaster their love of trannies on the cans. I would have thought Yeungling sales would be much higher.

https://www.dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/beer-brands-1070.jpg
View Quote

Yuengling has capacity limitations.  They really aren’t that big, though they have made huge strides lately.  The kind of capacity needed takes time to put in place.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Lets not forget Shiner Beer, they make a great product and many different beers. They refused to sell out to Inbev or AB long ago, which is how the Ziginbock came about. Shiner has been growing non stop for the past decade and is pretty significant now.

Abita from LA is great

There is another one from Alaska that is incredible when you can find it. I forgot the name.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I understand everything you are saying, and read the justice dept brief when it came out.
The parent company of Groupo Modelo in Mexico is still ABI.
My original comments were for the guys who were saying this brand vs that brand, depends on how far people wanna go with the boycott.

I personally hope this boycott doesn't hurt Constellation.
View Quote

Correct but Grupo Modello has nothing to do with Modelo USA.  They each own their own breweries....  Completely seperate operations.... Completely separate companies that neither has interest in the other.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Correct but Grupo Modello has nothing to do with Modelo USA.  They each own their own breweries....  Completely seperate operations.... Completely separate companies that neither has interest in the other.
View Quote

If that is correct, I will eat some crow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[/b]
If that is correct, I will eat some crow.
View Quote

It's all laid out right here:

https://www.cbrands.com/blogs/news/constellation-brands-completes-acquisition-of-grupo-modelos-u-s-beer-business

No need to eat crow.  Even the wiki page is not correct.  Lot of bad information floating around on it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I know if I see anyone drinking a bud light, I can only assume they like cross dressing and/or railing by/on other dudes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Timing is everything.  Normal people were upset about the absurdity of Biden declaring National Trans Day a few days after a trans shot up a Christian school....  .
View Quote

And just where is that manifesto?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Heard a radio commercial this morning.

Local distributor whining about how we "shouldn't let two or three people tell us what to buy or not buy".

Fuck that whiny bitch!

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this at my grocery store yesterday. Doesn’t seem like selling your product at 50% off is normal. I’d say the boycott is working pretty well.

https://i.postimg.cc/bJHJhjxq/DB312-C89-9-CED-45-DB-9846-81-F47941982-A.jpg

I think I’m buying some put’s tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's all laid out right here:

https://www.cbrands.com/blogs/news/constellation-brands-completes-acquisition-of-grupo-modelos-u-s-beer-business

No need to eat crow.  Even the wiki page is not correct.  Lot of bad information floating around on it.
View Quote

Just read a detailed article that discussed the settlement.
I thought that it was a merger vs a spinoff.
I learned something today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just read a detailed article that discussed the settlement.
I thought that it was a merger vs a spinoff.
I learned something today.
View Quote

It was both.  Here's the Justice department's release of the settlement if you're interested.  It explains a lot.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-reaches-settlement-anheuser-busch-inbev-and-grupo-modelo-beer-case
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Stockholders should be suing left and right. This is a serious breach of fiduciary responsibility
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It was both.  Here's the Justice department's release of the settlement if you're interested.  It explains a lot.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-reaches-settlement-anheuser-busch-inbev-and-grupo-modelo-beer-case
View Quote

Wow, haven't seen that since 2013, gonna read again cause apparently I forgot most of it
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just a reminder, Jack Daniels is on the Tranny Train too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaLjzr-aIGo

https://www.newsweek.com/jack-daniels-whiskey-boycott-calls-lgbt-campaign-1792890

https://i.postimg.cc/nM8v870J/Screenshot-20230511-163018.png

I'm drinking Very Old Barton bourbon these days.

I like my beverages without wokeness, thank you very much.

View Quote

It’s almost as if they were targeting the most “good ol’ boy” brands for the tranny stuff. Almost like a campaign…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Get your friend to get us the dial in.
View Quote
(Background music interrupted) "there are 4 thousand, 8 hundred 72 people on the call. If youd like to join the conference as a host, press star, otherwise, press pound" (music) "dooDEEdoodeedooDUnuh"
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wow, haven't seen that since 2013, gonna read again cause apparently I forgot most of it
Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Two completely different companies making the same product under the same name confuses most.  There are people refusing to buy their beer because they thing it's a AB brand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lets not forget Shiner Beer, they make a great product and many different beers. They refused to sell out to Inbev or AB long ago, which is how the Ziginbock came about. Shiner has been growing non stop for the past decade and is pretty significant now.

Abita from LA is great

There is another one from Alaska that is incredible when you can find it. I forgot the name.
View Quote

Alaskan Amber. One of my favorites. Same for Brooklyn Lager.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the "scared straight" program corporations need.
View Quote

Yep

In before the brainlets who were SURE Elon Musk (idiot billionaire and world's richest man, with a NASA-startup, and the car startup that bitchslapped the big3 in a new space) was going to crash twitter in a month because "He can't release that many people because he can't because he can't."
They'll be along shortly to tell us what they read in some excuse piece that is claiming this is all normal and fine and AB isn't worried akshully.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Look at it this way.  Memorial Day is coming up.  Not a big beer drinking holiday, but any 3 day weekend will see beer consumption increase over a regular weekend.  Then comes June, which is Pride Month.  Many of the LGBTQ community are choosing to boycott BUD.  After Pride month comes the 4th of July.  Two holidays can make a great year for a brewer.  4th of July and Labor Day.  Bad weather on either/both can turn a regular year into a bad year.  BUD is already having a bad year.

Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.  Will it cause them a great deal of financial pain?  Yes.  
View Quote

Yeah 2023 is going to be a hard loss for them.  But the outrage will diminish with time. Hell I'm sure a year from now the only people who will still care are a dozen or so members here who never forget anything.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Very well said, but shelf life hasn't been 90 days since the early 1990's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe a big part of their predicament is their product last 90 days from manufacture.

Depending on the market there are piles of the stuff that is a week from being OOD. Gas stations and grocery stores do buy ins from distributors for large amounts delivered all at once with the same date that are based off of historical sales data. If people stop or even slow down on one brand it can cause millions in completely unrecoverable losses. That's just the actual beer in stores not including stock market speculations about the brands viability going forward.

This hiccup the longer it lasts will cause the distributors to have to pick up monumental amounts of OOD beer that they can't sell. In some markets the law prohibits the beer from being taken back by the distributors and replaced. That's going to make a lot of ill will and skeptical bulk buyer moving forward also. All this because of a mistake by one woman LOL.

That has to be a bad feeling.

What is it now 110?

ETA: I worked for a distributor for 2 years circa 2001. I was a merchandiser then salesman on a grocery route. Our beer (Miller/Coors) had born on dates so some math was needed to calculate if you had out of date beer. The AB distributors had the expiration date on the boxes and cans which made it harder for them to hide. At the time everyone's domestic beers were out at 90 days. Imports like Corona and Heineken would have varying shelf life and were encoded so basically no one knew what the dates were but us. They were like 180 days or more.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I guarantee the tranny was NOT AB’s idea. They are ordered by the institutional investors (who are ordered by Black Rock) to push this.
View Quote

They should issue a press release that says the executives aren't in control of the company.  Even more unbelievably stupid bullshit like that would make this even funnier.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ll never drink the shit ever again…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I read somewhere awhile back that COORs was an acronym meaning Comrades Of Our Racial Struggle.

I doubt that realistically has any connection to the beer company though, probably just more people taking shit and changing it for their own usage.

View Quote

Coors is the surname of the brewery founder Adolph Coors.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah 2023 is going to be a hard loss for them.  But the outrage will diminish with time. Hell I'm sure a year from now the only people who will still care are a dozen or so members here who never forget anything.
View Quote

I'm still boycotting Gillette which I used since I started shaving in the mid 80s. I'm also still boycotting a local brewer, Stone Brewing, who came out with a beer called Impeach during Trumps presidency. I guess they won't be missing my $600 a month I used to spend on their product.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stockholders should be suing left and right. This is a serious breach of fiduciary responsibility
View Quote

It's also the sort of thing that's gets the CEO replaced.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Do we have any Spies?
That can find out what was said at the meeting.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This shit isn't just political. It's disgusting. A man is celebrated for mental illness and considered brave for dressing up like a woman. It's nasty as fuck and any company who promotes it should go out of business as far as I'm concerned.

I won't be back until the top people at AB are living in a cardboard box having to suck dick for moldy bread to eat.

Fuck them and everyone else who champions this shit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What is it now 110?

ETA: I worked for a distributor for 2 years circa 2001. I was a merchandiser then salesman on a grocery route. Our beer (Miller/Coors) had born on dates so some math was needed to calculate if you had out of date beer. The AB distributors had the expiration date on the boxes and cans which made it harder for them to hide. At the time everyone's domestic beers were out at 90 days. Imports like Corona and Heineken would have varying shelf life and were encoded so basically no one knew what the dates were but us. They were like 180 days or more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe a big part of their predicament is their product last 90 days from manufacture.

Depending on the market there are piles of the stuff that is a week from being OOD. Gas stations and grocery stores do buy ins from distributors for large amounts delivered all at once with the same date that are based off of historical sales data. If people stop or even slow down on one brand it can cause millions in completely unrecoverable losses. That's just the actual beer in stores not including stock market speculations about the brands viability going forward.

This hiccup the longer it lasts will cause the distributors to have to pick up monumental amounts of OOD beer that they can't sell. In some markets the law prohibits the beer from being taken back by the distributors and replaced. That's going to make a lot of ill will and skeptical bulk buyer moving forward also. All this because of a mistake by one woman LOL.

That has to be a bad feeling.

What is it now 110?

The following is general and for packaged beer only and assumes they are stored in proper conditions outlined by their breweries:

Small volume craft beer..unpasturized..90-110 days
Domestic..120-180 days
Various imports..250-400 days
@TLD05
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do we have any Spies?

View Quote

It will be in the various beer news very soon, those guys have insight and insiders.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’ll never drink the shit ever again…
View Quote

I don't drink very much anymore. But, about two times a year I drank Bud Ice.

To be honest, I liked it pretty good.

I liked the 5.5 percent alcohol for effect as well.

But, that was before and never will be again.

So, last week I got a 12 pack of Yuengling beer in the easy open bottles.

It was a more than adequate replacement and I like it very much.

Thanks AB for helping me make the change for the better you really helped me out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How long before bitter beer commercials come back?
View Quote

The bitter beer face commercials were pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll be very surprised if AB changes their stance on this.
View Quote

They can't.  They are in a lose-lose situation at this point.  There is no way out at this point.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#42]
The apology from AB has made AB beer a no go at Gay Bars as well.  

No one cares that they put a neon rainbow that said Bud in the window of the gay bar but when they tried to mainstream it, it was too much.  

I hope this is the beginning of the end of this hysteria.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Those sales numbers are massive for the Brand. That's a lot of lost jobs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do we have any Spies?

View Quote

No shit, right? At this point OP should just rename the thread to:

In this thread we bitch about beer

…because it sure as hell doesn’t have to do anything about what he originally posted
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Those sales numbers are massive for the Brand. That's a lot of lost jobs.
View Quote

And those are just scan numbers.  The data from bars and restaurants is not being reported.  Bar and restaurant sales are down even more than retail packages.  The actual numbers are far worse than published.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll believe American men have grown a set when they start boycotting the NFL, MLB, NHL and the NBA. They collectively have done 87 zillion times the damage AB has done.. yet mUH SPORTSBALL! ThIS is all funny shit...FUCKING HYPOCRITES!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Which group drinks most AB products...?
View Quote
Their core consumer base would appreciate it, but the usual suspects in the alphabet community, the media, and politicians would all raise a hoot and a holler. Their own alphabet employees would probably strike. They'll never do it. It would be entertaining if they did. I certainly want them to, but it's not going to happen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Bend over for the woke movement and............surprise!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll believe American men have grown a set when they start boycotting the NFL, MLB, NHL and the NBA. They collectively have done 87 zillion times the damage AB has done.. yet mUH SPORTSBALL! ThIS is all funny shit...FUCKING HYPOCRITES!
View Quote

Yup...thats why I never watched ANY of that garbage.  I was NASCAR only but gave it up a decade ago when they went woke.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#50]
so if they stood up to them about selling their fruit beer, ab demands they come to the ghetto???
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top