Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM eastern.  All field reps are required to return to their respective terminals for a mandatory teleconference at the same hour.  I'm not sure if the meetings are the same or separate for the reps.
Things are way worse for AB than they are allowing the public to know.  I got this info from a person I know that orders for a bar.  His rep told him this a short time ago.

I wonder if it's the official death of Bud Light?

Congrats to all.  I'm doing my part too.  I've loved AB Light pilsner beers for decades.  Not anymore...or ever again under any circumstances.
View Quote
You forget how corporations work.  Much more likely is that the meeting will go like this:  "You fucking distributors are failing.  Profits are down because you aren't selling Bud Light.  Get your ass out there and sell.  I want to see that product moving! Your sales goals for next quarter are now tripled.  Make it happen or lose your distributorship.  Now get the fuck out and stop wasting my time."
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the worst beer to begin with. I honestly don’t know how people drink that shit.
View Quote

That’s why it’s easy to replace.  It’s really shitty and basically just what you get used to ordering.

So now they are used to ordering coors light or Millerlite or any number of other shit beers
They will probably forget why but it don’t matter, they will have a new shit beer they drink and it will likely stay that way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bud will buy up Two X's and Corona
View Quote

Inbev owns corona...
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good luck trying to find Banquet around here.
View Quote

If you know a guy with a black Trans-Am, he can help with that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How long before bitter beer commercials come back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this at my grocery store yesterday. Doesn't seem like selling your product at 50% off is normal. I'd say the boycott is working pretty well.

https://i.postimg.cc/bJHJhjxq/DB312-C89-9-CED-45-DB-9846-81-F47941982-A.jpg
How long before bitter beer commercials come back?

Brands other than Bud are advertising like crazy by me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Next is boycott NFL and NBA
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where is Captain Kirk when you need him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be very surprised if AB changes their stance on this.

It's corporate kobayashi maru.

There is no win on this situation.

Where is Captain Kirk when you need him?

Spizz Energi - Wheres Captain Kirk - (Official Video 1979)
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's not really them admitting what they did was wrong though ... because we have found out that they are pushing that entire spectrum of destruction and sickness inside their company, intentionally, and they are apparently going to be dealing with a discrimination suit for their hiring practices.

The rot is internal to them.

This recent mulvaney thing *just exposed it.*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can't.  They are in a lose-lose situation at this point.  There is no way out at this point.

Their solution is to say

"We screwed up trying to embrace social media trends and advertising. We're stepping back from advertising our products until we have cohesive feedback from our customer base. We would urge our customers to provide their honest feedback at www...."

Then they need to act on that feedback.

That's not really them admitting what they did was wrong though ... because we have found out that they are pushing that entire spectrum of destruction and sickness inside their company, intentionally, and they are apparently going to be dealing with a discrimination suit for their hiring practices.

The rot is internal to them.

This recent mulvaney thing *just exposed it.*

Apologizing won't fix it...

If the feedback is "hell no we're not buying queer beer from a company pushing an agenda!"  then they can act on that... that would be the point to say

"we've heard you, we made a mistake pushing this, here's how we're moving forward..."

or

"you're all a basket of deplorables and we don't want you frat boy beer drinkers!"

They can afterall depend on Liz Warren still buying her Michelob Ultra...
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Bud Light = Tranny Fluid
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Distributors are being screwed on this. Warehouses full of product going bad.
View Quote

They should sue the vp that green lit this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t drink bud light but I did drink Modelo and Stella on a weekly basis. Usually buying a case of either. I have switched to Coors and Pacifco. Fuck AB and Inbev!
View Quote

Coors is more woke than BL.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No. Their solution is to reap what they have sown. An example for all others.

You embrace tranny shit, and you burn your brand into the ground never to return. Reap it, you salted the earth of your brand and customers.

Your field is now barren and your customers give zero fucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can't.  They are in a lose-lose situation at this point.  There is no way out at this point.

Their solution is to say

"We screwed up trying to embrace social media trends and advertising. We're stepping back from advertising our products until we have cohesive feedback from our customer base. We would urge our customers to provide their honest feedback at www...."

Then they need to act on that feedback.

No. Their solution is to reap what they have sown. An example for all others.

You embrace tranny shit, and you burn your brand into the ground never to return. Reap it, you salted the earth of your brand and customers.

Your field is now barren and your customers give zero fucks.

Well, no... that would be the "do nothing" approach.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#13]
It will be interesting to see if anything of substance said at that meeting/cc finds its way back here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Devils Backbone is missing from AB. I could care less about not drinking bud. Pissed I have to drop DB.
Fuck AB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coors and Miller are no better, they just don't plaster their love of trannies on the cans. I would have thought Yeungling sales would be much higher.

https://www.dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/beer-brands-1070.jpg

Devils Backbone is missing from AB. I could care less about not drinking bud. Pissed I have to drop DB.
Fuck AB.

Same. Local brewery that hit it big. I love their schwartzbier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#15]
You know, DEI and all...
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#16]
It's not just Bud Light.  I'm avoiding any and all AB beverages.  Go woke, go broke.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Fill our schools with tranny talk, have our churches hold tranny festivals, destroy our military with deviant behavior but mess with our beer and its game on.

Our priorities are so fucked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

We already tried that, but sports ball was just too much
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They did apologize. They can't really do much more than that while also maintaining optics. That marketing campaign really put them in a terrible spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The screeching would be epic IF the corporate folks backed down but they won't or can't ..makes no difference.
They did apologize. They can't really do much more than that while also maintaining optics. That marketing campaign really put them in a terrible spot.

No they didn't.  It wasn't a marketing campaign it was a leftist takeover of a product and it backfired.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The guy that created (worked on?) The Frogs and Wassup! campaigns pointed out it took decades of marketing to make bud light #1 over Miller... he didn't seem to think BL was going to weather the storm.
View Quote

Well, to be fair, someone who worked on a sucessful marketing campaign is going to be overly critical of a failed one.

Bud light won't go away.  Beer is something people buy out of habit.  Thats why it took decades for people to change that habit.  An event that interrupts a buying habit doesnt just come back.  Once people pick up some other product, the door to change is open. Bud light (& AB in general) will lose market share for sure.  But, they wont fail entirely.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They can't. Not unless they want the FBI, IRS, EPA, OSHA, California,  New York,  Illinois,  BATFE,  and other regulatory and government agencies hounding them non stop trying to shut them down. They also will need to pay up to the Democrats to get their bailout.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m already doing that, I haven’t watch a NBA game in about 2 decades and I was a junkie. I haven’t watch NFL since the kneeling BS. I tried to watch a NFL game last year and I couldn’t do much more than a few snaps.  I started watching a few MLB games though….

I drank Budweiser for 36 years, I switched to PBR. PBR is cheaper and it comes in 30 packs, thanks A-B!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's not just Bud Light.  I'm avoiding any and all AB beverages.
View Quote

The Bud debacle made me research...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

As a result, Yuengling and PBR here.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Yes, but you had to research to find that.  AB, and their tranny spokesperson put it out there for everyone to see.  No searching necessary.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah 2023 is going to be a hard loss for them.  But the outrage will diminish with time. Hell I'm sure a year from now the only people who will still care are a dozen or so members here who never forget anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at it this way.  Memorial Day is coming up.  Not a big beer drinking holiday, but any 3 day weekend will see beer consumption increase over a regular weekend.  Then comes June, which is Pride Month.  Many of the LGBTQ community are choosing to boycott BUD.  After Pride month comes the 4th of July.  Two holidays can make a great year for a brewer.  4th of July and Labor Day.  Bad weather on either/both can turn a regular year into a bad year.  BUD is already having a bad year.

Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.  Will it cause them a great deal of financial pain?  Yes.  

Yeah 2023 is going to be a hard loss for them.  But the outrage will diminish with time. Hell I'm sure a year from now the only people who will still care are a dozen or so members here who never forget anything.

More of these defections will be permanent than just the people with long memories.  Generally someone gets a taste for what beer they are drinking and stick with that for a long time.  This fiasco forced a lot of people to hold their nose and try other beers.  A large majority of those people will have their taste profile changed after a fairly short period to whatever they switch to and probably won't ever care to change back - IMO.

Sure, the "mulvaney effect" will disappear, but most of the drinkers that switched up aren't going back.  They'll need those new drinkers they were looking for to show up.  Hey, at least the fratty image is gone so they got that going for them.    
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
On one hand I’m thinking of all the hilarious marketing ideas AB’s competitors can deploy to take advantage of this.  But then on the other hand follow Sun Tsu’s advice and never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.  Might be best to sit back silently with a bowl of popcorn and watch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

They'll double down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#28]

I miss the $5.19 PBR 12-packs of my misspent youth. And the $11.99 dirty-thirty of high life.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I miss the $5.19 PBR 12-packs of my misspent youth. And the $11.99 dirty-thirty of high life.
View Quote
My dad used to get the $3.99 cases of Stegmaier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Even my Mexican (legal) handyman stopped drinking Bud Light lol, you know shit is serious when that happens.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Having a bar at work was a thing for a long time for me.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, but you had to research to find that.  AB, and their tranny spokesperson put it out there for everyone to see.  No searching necessary.
View Quote

Of course, but that's not a reason to give Coors a pass is it?  Quite a cop-out to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If they change the name to something like “all faggots burn in hell light” i’d drink that
View Quote

The 'i' in 'I'd' is supposed to be capitolized...
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's not just Bud Light.  I'm avoiding any and all AB beverages.  Go woke, go broke.
View Quote

same, shock top used to be a summer back up if I couldn’t get Leinenkugels Orange Shandy or a Blue Moon.  

Bass Ale was one of my cooler month picks.  Inbev.  nope, nope, nope.   I can drink Sam Adams or Yuenglng.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#35]
No bar at the winery, tho.  Something something industrial equipment something something drinking on the job something something osha something something what a buzzkill.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they change the name to something like “all faggots burn in hell light” i’d drink that

"Capitalized" is misspelled.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they change the name to something like "all faggots burn in hell light" i'd drink that

Deserves capitul punishment.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#38]
It is refreshing to see businesses punished for dumb actions.  Lesson, stay out of politics and sell your products to those who will buy it.  It won’t hurt my feelings to see bud light or AB crushed.  Maybe other companies will take note.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#39]
So what happened at this meeting?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

From an article this morning:

Anheuser-Busch’s distributors from around the country met in St. Louis on Thursday. They heard firsthand about changes being made regarding the Bud Light transgender controversy.

Anheuser-Busch invited the distributors to the downtown Hyatt hotel for a yearly meeting on summer marketing plans. It was the first such meeting since transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney’s viral social media posts with Bud Light in early April. She received a special edition can with her picture on it.

Anheuser-Busch and its distributors have also sent letters to bars and other retailers explaining the situation, pointing out that a single marketing official engaged with Mulvaney.

Larry Kerperine, the owner of Larry J’s bar in south county, has posted the letters for customers to see for themselves.

“Then they can determine what they want to do: boycott it or not. I don’t care,” Kerperine said. “It’s up to them, but I wanted them to know Budweiser’s point of view.”

The brewer has been supporting “Pride” events for years with no backlash. Smith predicted its brands would recover and most of its core customers would return.

“We regularly bring our wholesaler partners and leadership together to share upcoming brand and business plans. Hosting our May meeting in St. Louis is something we started last year and is an opportunity to bring our partners together in our hometown. We have communicated some next steps with our internal teams and wholesaler partners. First, we made it clear that the safety and welfare of our employees and our partners is our top priority. Second, Todd Allen was appointed Vice President of Bud Light reporting directly to Benoit Garbe, U.S. Chief Marketing Officer. Third, we made some adjustments to streamline the structure of our marketing function to reduce layers so that our most senior marketers are more closely connected to every aspect of our brands activities. These steps will help us maintain focus on the things we do best: brewing great beer for all consumers, while always making a positive impact in our communities and on our country.”
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

My complete speculation is that the distributors were informed (as if they didn't already know) that sales of Bud Light are way down and other beers in the AB portfolio are down as well. They may also have been told if sales continue to drop off a cliff, they may have to declare force majeure and re-negotiate terms with the distributors. A trial balloon may have been floated of renaming/re-launching a "new" branded beer to bypass the stigma associated with Bud Light.

All that to say, only those at the meeting know.

ETA: Based on the info posted above as I was typing, it sounds like AB hasn't learned their lesson yet. They will.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be the "scared straight" program corporations need.
View Quote

You're kidding right?

Our China overlords will direct their Fed puppets to continue the Woke bailouts until America completely craters.

You really believe that 10 years+ of highly Woke advertising hasn't been subsidized heavily with funny money?

They've been pulling the wool over the sheep's eyes for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My complete speculation is that the distributors were informed (as if they didn't already know) that sales of Bud Light are way down and other beers in the AB portfolio are down as well. They may also have been told if sales continue to drop off a cliff, they may have to declare force majeure and re-negotiate terms with the distributors. A trial balloon may have been floated of renaming/re-launching a "new" branded beer to bypass the stigma associated with Bud Light.

ETA: Based on the info posted above as I was typing, it sounds like AB hasn't learned their lesson yet. They will.
View Quote

I posted the response above, basically, they expect everyone will return without them having to do anything. Additionally, marketing will be more connected with management. However, they will not stay whether their previous campaigns were correct or not.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They'll double down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll double down.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I read somewhere awhile back that COORs was an acronym meaning Comrades Of Our Racial Struggle.

I doubt that realistically has any connection to the beer company though, probably just more people taking shit and changing it for their own usage.

View Quote

And KISS is an acronym for Knights In Satan's Service, right?

Let's grow up, people ...

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer, but I would say that is correct.
You will be buying a product distributed by your local distributor who has distribution rights thru Constellation.
View Quote

But the product is made in a brewery half-owned by InBev.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fill our schools with tranny talk, have our churches hold tranny festivals, destroy our military with deviant behavior but mess with our beer and its game on.

Our priorities are so fucked.
View Quote

You're missing the point.  People are upset about all of that, but feel powerless to do anything about it.  I can't impact the direction of our military or school boards outside of my own district, but I sure as hell can choose what beer to buy.  The Bud Light boycott isn't about beer.  It is about the silent majority finding a voice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does a self inflicted wound qualify as force majeure...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer, but I would say that is correct.
You will be buying a product distributed by your local distributor who has distribution rights thru Constellation.

No, it's not.

https://www.cbrands.com/blogs/news/constellation-brands-completes-acquisition-of-grupo-modelos-u-s-beer-business

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-reaches-settlement-anheuser-busch-inbev-and-grupo-modelo-beer-case
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top