Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/17/2022 6:48:03 PM EDT
Linky Link

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives raided a Blue Ash gun business Thursday.

Agents with ATF and the Department of Homeland Security converged on Opticzoom and Liminsport Gun Shop on Creek Road near Interstate 71 shortly after 10 a.m.

“I can confirm that ATF is conducting a search warrant in Blue Ash. That is really all I can share at this point,” said agency spokeswoman Suzanne Dabkowski.

Kaleb Greer, a paramedic who owns United Ambulance in the same parking lot, said he saw federal agents enter the building with ballistic shields and rifles.

“The first thing we saw was a few officers with ballistics, shields, and rifles moving along the side of the building a lot of vehicles,” Greer described. “A lot of vehicles and trailers pulling in all at the same time.”

ATF officers loaded racks and boxes of guns into the black trailer.

“From my understanding, the business doesn’t have a lot of walk-in traffic,” Greer said. “It’s more of like a gun show sales type of business. They then started to open that and started laying out the evidence tags. You couldn’t really see what was in it.”

ATF officials could not confirm the reason for the federal warrant.

The owner of Opticzoom and Liminsport Gun Shop told FOX19 NOW they had “no comment” when contacted Thursday. The owner referred FOX19 NOW to their lawyer, who also had “no comment.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll wait for more info.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably donated to Freedom Convoy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
tag for more info
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing CoC compliant to say.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for the scoop.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Would ITAR stuff trigger ATF? Looks like China scopes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably donated to Freedom Convoy.
View Quote

Years ago I would have said no way, now, it’s a distinct possibility.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Would ITAR stuff trigger ATF? Looks like China scopes.
View Quote

Think ITAR is export control, not import.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
From my understanding, the business doesn’t have a lot of walk-in traffic,” Greer said. “It’s more of like a gun show sales type of business"

Uhh how would that work? Claim all sales are person to person so no 4473 or some shit?

I'm just guessing. Feels like the "eBay store" from 40 year old virgin if that's the case or some shit
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
You're about to see this start happening a lot more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
So, I take it that some ATF agents left the office today.
OK, I got it...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From my understanding, the business doesn’t have a lot of walk-in traffic,” Greer said. “It’s more of like a gun show sales type of business"

Uhh how would that work? Claim all sales are person to person so no 4473 or some shit?

I'm just guessing. Feels like the "eBay store" from 40 year old virgin if that's the case or some shit
View Quote

Firearms Transaction Record

How are you posting on a gun board and don't know this?

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#14]
ATFFS - alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and free speech.   Next thing you know the ATF will start taxing free speech in disguise of homeland terrorism abatement.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably mainly online sales. The one's I've been to usually ask that you make an appointment to make your purchase.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]
The Owners probably weren't wearing N99.99 masks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna guess FFL not doing background checks
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a dealer like that in Tampa. He had an industrial unit you could go to and buy stuff but he did most of his business at gun shows. The shop was mostly a storage place, no showroom or anything like that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/275845/Screen_Shot_2022-02-17_at_5_13_57_PM-2283169.png

In your haste to get snarky and holier-than-thou towards another member (there's a surprise) you completely blew by his point.

There are sellers at gunshows who claim to be private collection sellers and there is no 4473 involved.

All of these laws are bull shit and unconstitutional but here we are.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I had a dealer like that in Tampa. He had an industrial unit you could go to and buy stuff but he did most of his business at gun shows. The shop was mostly a storage place, no showroom or anything like that.
View Quote

See, if it's a storage facility that makes more sense. Having a legit storefront and trying that seems asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In your haste to get snarky and holier-than-thou towards another member (there's a surprise) you completely blew by his point.

There are sellers at gunshows who claim to be private collection sellers and there is no 4473 involved.

View Quote

Thank you. I was going to ignore it because he obviously missed what I was saying.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I feel safer
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/275845/Screen_Shot_2022-02-17_at_5_13_57_PM-2283169.png

It’s not snark, it’s just acknowledgement of the facts of the case instead of baseless speculation.

They are a licensed dealer. This can quickly be found out with a quick google search.

Dealers who do not operate a show room but instead do all their business at gun shows isn’t anything groundbreaking.

There’s nothing to indicate they were using “private collection” as a means to do a 4473, and their license would indicate that they have at least an intention to follow the law.

Condescension wasn’t my intention, but I am bit sensitive on this subject at the moment given the current state of the ATF offices out of DC, and knowing multiple people in the past year who’ve been raided and had their businesses be put in ruin over bureaucratic overreach only to have people claim “well the must have been doing something wrong”.

Just don’t like baseless speculation.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll wait for more info.
View Quote

From who?  Trust anything ATF says?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#27]
That's Dragon Lady's business.  She sets up at C&E shows and other bigger shows in Ohio as well as the Indy 1500.  Usually has a 10+ table set-up with AR rifles parts and accessories, I think handguns too.  I think she imports a lot of stuff Directly from China since she sells at almost wholesale prices.  Always appeared to be legit selling guns with paperwork.  They sell a lot of uppers but I don't recall if they were selling polymer 80 or any other partial receivers or kits.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't keep track of the current gun show schedules, but there were several organizers who did shows in multiple cities SAXET (Texas spelled backwards) was one of the larger ones.  It was very possible for a dealer to have a booth open every weekend at a SAXET show.  That said, they did every sale as a dealer-4473, nothing was done person to person as there were way too many agents going to the shows.

I assume a few are still around, but gun broker really eliminated the need for them.  I stopped going to the shows, long ago.  I might make 1 gun show a year now - just to see how depressing they have become.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

From who?  Trust anything ATF says?
View Quote

YT videos will tell us.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I know exactly where this place is as it's right nextdoor to a supplier our company uses. Next time I'm in I'll have to ask the guys there about all the excitement!

I've never seen it open and it's always seemed a little shady. It's in a little strip office that's right next to an OSHP outpost.

I'll have to see if there's any pics of it.

ETA:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Without any actual knowledge my guess is FRTs or "solvent traps".
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I assume a few are still around, but gun broker really eliminated the need for them.  I stopped going to the shows, long ago.
View Quote

Where do you buy beef jerky?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Without any actual knowledge my guess is FRTs or "solvent traps".
View Quote

Or glock "switches"
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Did I see "Ghost Gun" uh I mean P80 boxes? Wonder if he was selling "Kits?"

That are some how illegal...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#35]
My default position is “Fuck the ATFE and all their agents with a sideways cactus” and I don’t think there’s really anything they or anyone else could say that would change that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My default position is “Fuck the ATFE and all their agents with a sideways cactus” and I don’t think there’s really anything they or anyone else could say that would change that.
View Quote

This.

Those cocksuckers should be trying to catch gang bangers in the downtown area - but naturally have to stick to the suburbs for the REAL action.

Can we call them fags or cunts - I don't know what insults we're allowed to use now when trying to hurt someone's feelings?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#37]
There is a 99.9999% chance that whatever "law" the batf is enforcing is un-Constitutional.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Someday I hope we can read and watch videos of free Americans raiding the ATF and other unconstitutional Fed headquarters, arresting the agents and loading up trailers oc their guns.  It would be glorious.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll wait for more info.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#40]
They’re probably lingering around for the Sharonville Gun Show this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have nothing CoC compliant to say.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I know exactly where this place is as it's right nextdoor to a supplier our company uses. Next time I'm in I'll have to ask the guys there about all the excitement!

I've never seen it open and it's always seemed a little shady. It's in a little strip office that's right next to an OSHP outpost.

ETA:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/2022-02-17_19-31-36_jpg-2283259.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/2022-02-17_19-32-27_jpg-2283260.JPG
View Quote

I live up the road and have driven by it several times, never open or any hours posted
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll wait for more info.
View Quote
No I won't.  FATF.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Someday I hope we can read and watch videos of free Americans raiding the ATF and other unconstitutional Fed headquarters, arresting the agents and loading up trailers oc their guns.  It would be glorious.
View Quote

In!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I live up the road and have driven by it several times, never open or any hours posted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/2022-02-17_19-31-36_jpg-2283259.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/2022-02-17_19-32-27_jpg-2283260.JPG

Howdy "neighbor"! I'm actually about 45 mins away...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I walked in there once to look around when I first moved here two years ago; didn't like the feeling.  Cardboard boxes piled up everywhere, things just lying around on random shelves.

When I first walked in there wasn't even anyone behind the counter, I thought they might have been closed and left the door open by mistake.  After a few minutes a woman finally came out from a room in the back, who spoke in broken English "yes, yes we have that in back" to everything I asked for when it was clear that she didn't know what I was talking about.

ETA: @JohnT83 mentioned "Dragon Lady" above; the woman I met was Chinese.  When I asked why there were boxes everywhere she said they were prepping for a gun show.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll wait for more info.
View Quote

That is not the GD way!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Guess I'll find out if it is Dragon Lady on Saturday morning in Sharonville.  Sucks as I've actually picked up multiple AR-related items from them over the years and they are always friendly with a good selection and 'decent for a gun show' pricing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Owners probably weren't wearing N99.99 masks.
View Quote

I recall the AFT doing a raid out west years ago. Scottsdale, if memory serves. Old, established shop. An agent lured the old dude outside under false pretence. Soon as they were outside, BLAM-tackled, cuffed and stuffed. Multi-jurisdictional task force floods shop. Guns of all kinds chunked into 55 gallon drums (many were collector material and really valuable).  Raid was conducted because the man forgot to renew his local business licence.

That was years ago. Masks might trigger now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Back at you

I'm up off Fields  Ertal road and that's not too far from Point Blank. I noticed it a few months ago and started driving by either on the weekend or during the week. Never open
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top