I'll wait for more info.
View Quote

Fatf is always wrong
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Back at you

I'm up off Fields  Ertal road and that's not too far from Point Blank. I noticed it a few months ago and started driving by either on the weekend or during the week. Never open
View Quote

Looks like a handful of us are neighbors.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back at you

I'm up off Fields  Ertal road and that's not too far from Point Blank. I noticed it a few months ago and started driving by either on the weekend or during the week. Never open

Since we're all local... If you guys are looking for an LGS that isn't going to get raided by the ATF, my friend Steve owns Hammer Down in Goshen.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Since we're all local... If you guys are looking for an LGS that isn't going to get raided by the ATF, my friend Steve owns Hammer Down in Goshen.
View Quote

Stop by there every few weeks. I also cruise "Just Guns and Ammo" while I'm in the hood.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're about to see this start happening a lot more.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Howdy "neighbor"! I'm actually about 45 mins away...
View Quote

I work in Franklin, 40 minutes north of there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
In for pics of Dragon Lady.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Did someone's ex turn them in on Valentine's Day?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Think ITAR is export control, not import.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would ITAR stuff trigger ATF? Looks like China scopes.

Think ITAR is export control, not import.

ITAR is in the State Dept’s lane, and agencies like the FBI will investigate anything related to it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back at you

Loveland here!  Pretty sure you and I are in the same Signal group DimaChado.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Loveland here!  Pretty sure you and I are in the same Signal group DimaChado.
View Quote

If it's the one John started then so am I.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did someone's ex turn them in on Valentine's Day?
View Quote

My first thought too!
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back at you

Holy shit. My mom lives right around the corner
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in Goshen and shoot at HammerDown weekly.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In for pics of Dragon Lady.
View Quote

Trust me, you don't really want to see those
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Stop by there every few weeks. I also cruise "Just Guns and Ammo" while I'm in the hood.
View Quote

"Just Guns and Ammo" are the former ReadyLine owners
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would ITAR stuff trigger ATF? Looks like China scopes.
View Quote

ITAR is handled by the Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). DDTC refers ITAR violators (and non-violators) to DOJ who handles the persecution.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeap. gotta a couple Berreta 92FS's off them last year at good prices considering. I cruise them once a month looking to see if they have anything enticing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm in Goshen and shoot at HammerDown weekly.....
View Quote

In case you were wondering where the 5 ton went...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I had heard there was some shady stuff that lead to ReadyLine shutting down. Don't recall what it was though...
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I thought I had heard there was some shady stuff that lead to ReadyLine shutting down. Don't recall what it was though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure about that. My thoughts were the building was way to big and not many people really wanted to use the 100 yard lanes as they thought would.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not sure about that. My thoughts were the building was way to big and not many people really wanted to use the 100 yard lanes as they thought would.
View Quote

I heard they got way in over their head with the building and spent too much on cars and NFA stuff for rentals. They owned a ammunition manufacturing plant - I wonder if they lost that also?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I heard they got way in over their head with the building and spent too much on cars and NFA stuff for rentals. They owned a ammunition manufacturing plant - I wonder if they lost that also?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That might have been it. Thinking about it, I think the shady stuff I heard was the folks there online review bombing other local shops.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One Shot, then Ready Line, now Just Guns and Ammo. People don't change their company name that many times for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Reporter chick is kind of hot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

@narphenal

Why?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I recall the AFT doing a raid out west years ago. Scottsdale, if memory serves. Old, established shop. An agent lured the old dude outside under false pretence. Soon as they were outside, BLAM-tackled, cuffed and stuffed. Multi-jurisdictional task force floods shop. Guns of all kinds chunked into 55 gallon drums (many were collector material and really valuable).  Raid was conducted because the man forgot to renew his local business licence.

That was years ago. Masks might trigger now.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

One Shot, then Ready Line, now Just Guns and Ammo. People don't change their company name that many times for the hell of it.
View Quote

Plus the owner was/is really nasty and she had no problem berating staff and customers alike. She was never directly rude to me but I witnessed several encounters that led me to take my business elsewhere.

Bad CS and bad management usually leads to closure....
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@narphenal

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@narphenal

Why?

Because the Biden Administration has directed the ATF to violate due process and common sense.
Biden Executive Action on Firearms
Established zero tolerance for rogue gun dealers that willfully violate the law. In June, the Justice Department announced a new policy to underscore zero tolerance for willful violations of the law by federally licensed firearms dealers that put public safety at risk. Absent extraordinary circumstances that would need to be justified to the Director, ATF will seek to revoke the licenses of dealers the first time that they violate federal law by willfully 1) transferring a firearm to a prohibited person, 2) failing to run a required background check, 3) falsifying records, such as a firearms transaction form, 4) failing to respond to an ATF tracing request, or 5) refusing to permit ATF to conduct an inspection in violation of the law.

ATF has long considered any error, ommission, typo on the Form 4473 as "willfull".
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Monroe for me. Aim Surplus and Right 2 Arm are my go-to shops.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are up by 70, JJ Gun supply in Brookville is GTG and very knowledgeable on NFA stuff, sells a lot of suppressors.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@narphenal

Why?
View Quote

To give you the short story, as has been told to me directly by multiple people including some who work for the Administration:

Current Federal Dictate has everything running directly to Washington. The ATF over the past year has been starting the Revocation process on more FFLs than they ever had. Any mistake by the FFL is grounds for you losing your license, including things that are so minor most people wouldn't even realize it is one.

How it used to go:
-Normal ATF Audit Occurs
-Should any mistakes be found, you will receive a "Report of Violations"
-If this is very bad, you will have a Warning Conference as deemed necessary by your local branch, with a follow up audit a year later for specifically the mistakes listed on the Report of Violations
-If you failed to fix the mistakes, the revocation process will start and you will go to court

These mistakes can be incredibly small clerical errors. Failure to send a Multiple Sales Report(yes, the ATF has a tool where they can search and see if one's been filed). Maybe you failed to list the disposition on your log book. Incorrect dates or a forgotten signature. Incorrectly recorded firearm information on the form. Leaving a spot on the form blank. Generally speaking, where you really get in hot water is if the mistakes led to a prohibited person getting a firearm.

In some cases, maybe there was some systematic error with your digital system, causing you to have a large number of mistakes, but that are innocuous.

The important part here is that you have a relationship with your local agents, they are boots on ground, they can see everything, and they can use their discretion when assessing everything.

From what I've been told, literally everything goes directly to DC now, and DC gets to make the call. Just a few mistakes can have them immediately start the Revocation Process. If you've ever worked at any FFL with volume, mistakes are going to happen, it's always a number game with scale. Just look at the percentage error rates in the ATFs own systems.

If you're a RP on multiple FFLs? That's gonna be even dicier these days.

I'm interested to see how this plays out in court. Because they are jamming up the system, full speed ahead. Expect to hear information come out on a very large well known company soon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I started thinking they were having problems when the number of full auto rental weapons started getting sold off. I also think they overestimated the desire for a 100 yard indoor range this area.

Quoted:

View Quote

That actually makes sense if you think about it. Calling the range "Readyline" had a nice ring to it.

Quoted:

Plus the owner was/is really nasty and she had no problem berating staff and customers alike. She was never directly rude to me but I witnessed several encounters that led me to take my business elsewhere.

View Quote

I'd heard those stories also. My experience with their attitude was more indifference towards me, they know I'm as knowledgeable about firearms as they are and mainly buy used guns that interest me. I would buy something like a Springfield SA-35 Hi Power clone if I saw it at a decent price new but there are no new guns on the market they stock that interest me 95% of the time
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#34]
When people have nothing left to lose, they lose it.  If they are not judged in this life, they will be in the next, as will all of us.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I think the witness in the news article is a member here. His company is very pro-gun, they used to give the employees a gun at Christmas time I heard.

I'd steer clear of "Just Guns & Ammo." There are much better places to spend your money.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

To give you the short story, as has been told to me directly by multiple people including some who work for the Administration:

Current Federal Dictate has everything running directly to Washington. The ATF over the past year has been starting the Revocation process on more FFLs than they ever had. Any mistake by the FFL is grounds for you losing your license, including things that are so minor most people wouldn't even realize it is one.

How it used to go:
-Normal ATF Audit Occurs
-If this is very bad, you will have a Warning Conference as deemed necessary by your local branch, with a follow up audit a year later for specifically the mistakes listed on the Report of Violations
-If you failed to fix the mistakes, the revocation process will start and you will go to court

These mistakes can be incredibly small clerical errors. Failure to send a Multiple Sales Report(yes, the ATF has a tool where they can search and see if one's been filed). Maybe you failed to list the disposition on your log book. Incorrect dates or a forgotten signature. Incorrectly recorded firearm information on the form. Leaving a spot on the form blank. Generally speaking, where you really get in hot water is if the mistakes led to a prohibited person getting a firearm.

In some cases, maybe there was some systematic error with your digital system, causing you to have a large number of mistakes, but that are innocuous.

The important part here is that you have a relationship with your local agents, they are boots on ground, they can see everything, and they can use their discretion when assessing everything.

From what I've been told, literally everything goes directly to DC now, and DC gets to make the call. Just a few mistakes can have them immediately start the Revocation Process. If you've ever worked at any FFL with volume, mistakes are going to happen, it's always a number game with scale. Just look at the percentage error rates in the ATFs own systems.

I'm interested to see how this plays out in court. Because they are jamming up the system, full speed ahead. Expect to hear information come out on a very large well known company soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@narphenal

Why?

How it used to go:
-Normal ATF Audit Occurs

Thanks for the explaination.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I started thinking they were having problems when the number of full auto rental weapons started getting sold off. I also think they overestimated the desire for a 100 yard indoor range this area.

That actually makes sense if you think about it. Calling the range "Readyline" had a nice ring to it.

I'd heard those stories also. My experience with their attitude was more indifference towards me, they know I'm as knowledgeable about firearms as they are and mainly buy used guns that interest me. I would buy something like a Springfield SA-35 Hi Power clone if I saw it at a decent price new but there are no new guns on the market they stock that interest me 95% of the time
View Quote

They defaulted on like a 5 million dollar loan for the building, they were barely staying a float and then when Covid hit they couldn’t keep up. I’ve heard rumors from local reps they also dipped on a bunch of bills for inventory and have been black listed by a lot of the industry. As far as Gail goes she just didn’t like putting up with stupidity. But from friends that worked there she did treat them like shit and took advantage of them.

I live in Blanchester. My preferred lgs is Becks in Goshen.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How it used to go:
-Normal ATF Audit Occurs

View Quote

Is this the Clinton Administration all over again? I was young but I remember my dad having conversations about the Clinton Justice Department going after FFL's real hard in the 90's, particularly the kitchen table type.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Double-tap
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They defaulted on like a 5 million dollar loan for the building, they were barely staying a float and then when Covid hit they couldn’t keep up. I’ve heard rumors from local reps they also dipped on a bunch of bills for inventory and have been black listed by a lot of the industry. As far as Gail goes she just didn’t like putting up with stupidity. But from friends that worked there she did treat them like shit and took advantage of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Becks? Tell me more
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I am an FFL and have been for awhile. The Weaponized DOJ and three agencies makes me want to let it expire because they like making criminals out of law abiding citizens by making stuff up and interpreting the rules and laws how they choose in order to screw you
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Becks? Tell me more
View Quote

Becks paint and Hardware, he runs a gun counter in the back. Silencer shop kiosk, pretty good selection over all. Great people to deal with and generally great prices, sometimes cheaper than buds! I enjoy it because they don’t try to have a pissing match about how awesome they are when you ask questions ect. $20 transfer fee, will accept shipping from non ffl’s they just ask you give them a chance to see if they can get it for a comparable price.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is this the Clinton Administration all over again? I was young but I remember my dad having conversations about the Clinton Justice Department going after FFL's real hard in the 90's, particularly the kitchen table type.
View Quote

That was largely myth.
During the Clinton Administration, ATF began actually enforcing existing regulations.
They had issued FFL's to people who couldn't or wouldn't operate a business legally at their premises.

When you apply for an FFL you agree to abide by all state and local laws including zoning and HOA restrictions. It means getting a sales tax permit or business license.
ATF began enforcing those existing regulations and the licensee was told to "get legal" or his FFL would not be renewed. Many chose to "voluntarily" turn in their FFL.

BTW, an FFL is shall issue. ATF doesn't give a rats ass if you are a kitchen table or brick and mortar.....as long as you meet the requirements.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Much worse.

What we have now is a specific attempt to reinterpret rules to retroactively make people non compliant.

Where this becomes on issue is people operating in more niche parts of the business.

You would be surprised with how unfamiliar agents can be with oddball stuff. There’s not really a solid resource to get things clarified in any real manner for the little guy. And even if the ATF tells you one thing, it is not a solid defense if they decide that it was illegal later, even years later.

The most clear cut area this is in at the moment is the shenanigans they are trying to pull with the definition of a receiver.

They essentially want every part to be considered a receiver thus potentially making you a felon, until they get hands on and tell you which part they decide is the receiver. Which is on their own time by the way.

Also the random ass DOJ involvement which now means you’re going to get your license revoked if you don’t sell the proper safety equipment, IE: safes and such.

It’s Schrodinger’s Felony.

And the best part is the agents are more confused than everyone else. Was literally told “You all hear it before us”.

Quoted:
I am an FFL and have been for awhile. The Weaponized DOJ and three agencies makes me want to let it expire because they like making criminals out of law abiding citizens by making stuff up and interpreting the rules and laws how they choose in order to screw you
View Quote

I fear this is the outcome they want, but I know quite a few people who feel the same way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

She was, but liked me for some reason and gave nice discounts when I asked her.

Haven't been to the businesses that replaced One Shot in Newtown.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#46]
West Harrison Indiana checking in.
I work in West Chester now.

Sup bois.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Becks paint and Hardware, he runs a gun counter in the back. Silencer shop kiosk, pretty good selection over all. Great people to deal with and generally great prices, sometimes cheaper than buds! I enjoy it because they don’t try to have a pissing match about how awesome they are when you ask questions ect. $20 transfer fee, will accept shipping from non ffl’s they just ask you give them a chance to see if they can get it for a comparable price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Becks? Tell me more

I know the place
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I wouldn't swear to any of this but I recall a Chinese lady named Limin (or similar) that used to set up at all the Bill Goodman gun shows in Sharonville.  She had her kid in the booth and eventually an older white guy helping.  She started with cheap import optics and stuff then started selling guns too.  She used forms and did checks.  Her Glock prices weren't bad.  Anyway, I think thats who this is.  I'll read the thread now, maybe its been covered already.

Edit, Yep, covered already.  Also, Becks Paint/Hardware is the best.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Linky Link

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives raided a Blue Ash gun business Thursday.

Agents with ATF and the Department of Homeland Security converged on Opticzoom and Liminsport Gun Shop on Creek Road near Interstate 71 shortly after 10 a.m.

“I can confirm that ATF is conducting a search warrant in Blue Ash. That is really all I can share at this point,” said agency spokeswoman Suzanne Dabkowski.

Kaleb Greer, a paramedic who owns United Ambulance in the same parking lot, said he saw federal agents enter the building with ballistic shields and rifles.

“The first thing we saw was a few officers with ballistics, shields, and rifles moving along the side of the building a lot of vehicles,” Greer described. “A lot of vehicles and trailers pulling in all at the same time.”

ATF officers loaded racks and boxes of guns into the black trailer.

“From my understanding, the business doesn’t have a lot of walk-in traffic,” Greer said. “It’s more of like a gun show sales type of business. They then started to open that and started laying out the evidence tags. You couldn’t really see what was in it.”

ATF officials could not confirm the reason for the federal warrant.

The owner of Opticzoom and Liminsport Gun Shop told FOX19 NOW they had “no comment” when contacted Thursday. The owner referred FOX19 NOW to their lawyer, who also had “no comment.”
View Quote

https://images7.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED648/5d783ba7b49d9.jpeg
View Quote

Aft agents first name, Chip.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top