Quoted:
The only new laws should come from Congress

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fuck Chevron

SCOTUS should rule on Chevron this year? Correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only new laws should come from Congress

Fuck Chevron

SCOTUS should rule on Chevron this year? Correct?

Let’s hope they get it right. I fear too many justices like government overreach when it appeals to their particular beliefs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
ATF is asshole
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good luck enforcing that one, ATF.
View Quote

They'll implement a mandatory registry. Have a gun that isn't registered? Missing a gun that is? Ten years in prison. That's the only way to do it.

Once there's a registry then bans will follow as they're now drastically easier to enforce.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll take unconstitutional for $1000, Alex.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
No step means no step, fuckface.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm curious as to how they'd actually execute it.
View Quote

As others have said fuck the ATF and of course its unconstitutional and may get slapped down by SCOTUS but...

Coming from the Fintech space I caution everyone to think about timelines and payment methods if such a thing should come into effect. The average person has no idea what kind of network analysis and information financial institutions have on you. Because of the bank secrecy act (1970) & Patriot act (2001) they have an unbelievable amount of info and leeway on how they use it. Of course the financial institutions (most anyway) are naturally in bed with politicians at the highest levels so they WILL and HAVE worked with them (think about J6). Even those that are not still have compliance requirements with FINCEN among others that must be adhered to or they'll be shutdown. A little less known is that even cash can be tracked to some degree but outside of financial instruments remember that if there's a digital footprint and the will to obtain and use it the ability is absolutely there. 4473's for original purchases are absolutely put in a "non-existent" database and they're dated etc. The other factor is determining who has what and when, ie at what point would they know a new buyer from a PP had x from y. That might never happen for the majority unless there's some sort of mass confiscation (lolol) but one could think of a few occasions where that might be discovered if you have an imagination. Perhaps you PP x from y and then trade that gun in at a gunshop and they record that on a 4473 etc. All of that said, in effect this is another defacto NFA if you look a bit into the future (assuming they're not stopped). Think about it like the Hughes amendment etc as it was all created by the same people and they love to inch things forward slowly and never forget the overall goal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking that the level of voluntary compliance will be pretty low.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol

how will they preemptively know….
4473s sure, but what those are sold FTF?

fuck off ATF
View Quote

Entrapment is their gold standard.

Interpret private sales as illegal. Agents post ads wanting to buy guns. Profit.

I just hope none of those brave men and women don't get hurt in the line of duty if they attempt this. That would be tragic.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where is the legal justification? Even their abuses of the law usually have some pretense of an excuse.

I can't see how they can just declare it illegal.

I'd love to see what their angle is on this.
View Quote

That's my question.  What are they basing it on to get the authority to make that huge a change?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, hello there, friend mooreshawnm!  Buddy, pal!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will continue to build and give away ARs. Fuck them.

Well, hello there, friend mooreshawnm!  Buddy, pal!

Become a postmaster in WY and come see me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@osprey21

Let's compare notes, my plan is 1301 pages.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I'm theoretically working on a plan to eliminate ATF... "theoretically"    

@osprey21

Let's compare notes, my plan is 1301 pages.

I'll bet you could condense it to something like 303 pages.  Call it "Rule 303" if you want something catchy!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FATF

try passing a law
View Quote

My sentiments exactly... No legal status...why comply...? Because 1300 pages say so...?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Their direction from the White House in 2021 was "Find a way to go after guns without needing a vote in Congress" so that's what they've been doing with the full knowledge that their bullshit won't hold up in court.  It allows ATF to say "we tried".

If they enact this "rule", it'll just be slapped down in court like all the others.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Another law to be completely ignored.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

?????? @EMPOWR_us has learned through whistleblowers within ATF that at the direction of the White House, ATF has drafted a 1,300 page document to justify a rule effectively banning the private sale of firearms.

The whistleblowers say the rule is being drafted by Senior Policy Counsel Eric Epstein, who worked as the Phoenix Field Office's Division Counsel during Operation Wide Received (a precursor of Operation Fast and Furious).
View Quote

(miscellaneous crap not related to it cut)

I'm curious as to how they'd actually execute it. If it's really 1,300 pages; they've put together serious thought into this, but...

I just don't know.

Perhaps it's being drafted to be held "in abeyance" awaiting the next mass shooting, for maximum effect?

View Quote

Fuck ‘em. We’re the ones with all the guns. They can try to enforce it, people are out of fucks to give.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

dumbest thing you could ever say

Yeah, your gonna ignore this law just like you ignore the machinegun ban right.  

ANYBODY who just acts like this is not a huge deal has either an inability to grasp reality or is to busy planning video games to pay attention to what is going on right now

unfuckinbelievablystupid

https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1342807235103_8089078.png
View Quote

It isn’t a law

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They'll implement a mandatory registry. Have a gun that isn't registered? Missing a gun that is? Ten years in prison. That's the only way to do it.

Once there's a registry then bans will follow as they're now drastically easier to enforce.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It's a war of attrition and time is on their side. (See NFA and the idiots who keep it going by playing into it) Paying someone $200 to exercise a right, get fucked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's my question.  What are they basing it on to get the authority to make that huge a change?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is the legal justification? Even their abuses of the law usually have some pretense of an excuse.

The usual democrat attitude…

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]
They should ban meth, that would stop the use of it
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PU1Ph4g.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PU1Ph4g.gif

I'm continually surprised that more don't seem to understand this. It's shocking that they seem to think we are still playing by the old known rules.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spitballing, but I think they're adjusting interpretation of "in the business of", saying that anyone selling any firearm is engaged in the business of selling firearms and must have an FFL.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Another rule to be shot down. Do they get sick of having their peepee slapped?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would they be?  It's not their money or jail time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just remember the bumpstock lawsuit has been ongoing for half a decade now.

They are getting to do a whole lot of infringing for years and years.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#26]
If you work for, contract with, or support the ATF you are a flaming sack of traitorous shit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Spitballing, but I think they're adjusting interpretation of "in the business of", saying that anyone selling any firearm is engaged in the business of selling firearms and must have an FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are doing whatever they want. They could say it's because you are wearing white socks. They have the power and we don't. It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They are doing whatever they want. They could say it's because you are wearing white socks. They have the power and we don't. It's as simple as that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While it is clear that you are correct as to ATF's mindset, they are still in the habit of contorting logic to lay claim to an interpretive rule related to statute. That's why Chevron has come up so much in this thread, as it grants deference to the regulating entity in their interpretation of the statutes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Nah.

Anyways…
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Any relation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The whistleblowers say the rule is being drafted by Senior Policy Counsel Eric Epstein, who worked as the Phoenix Field Office's Division Counsel during Operation Wide Received (a precursor of Operation Fast and Furious).

Any relation?

I don't know about relation but Operation Wide Receiver almost certainly got innocent people killed in Mexico, when the ATF lost track of the guns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:25:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Muh feelz!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh feelz!

ATF hit an Amish famer near me for private sales.  They cleaned him out but he avoided prison, and now might be able to appeal the conviction.  The ATF basically went after him because he sold a ""large number" of guns, and they considered his personal collection his merchandise, and gasp advertised a gun for sale occasionally.

The more disturbing thing is it seemed to me a coordinated cross agency hit to eliminate someone Dept of Ag wasnt happy with because they sold stuff like raw milk.  He's not been the only one either.

https://www.thelancasterpatriot.com/the-men-who-keep-tyranny-alive/
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

?????? @EMPOWR_us has learned through whistleblowers within ATF that at the direction of the White House, ATF has drafted a 1,300 page document to justify a rule effectively banning the private sale of firearms.

View Quote

(miscellaneous crap not related to it cut)

I'm curious as to how they'd actually execute it. If it's really 1,300 pages; they've put together serious thought into this, but...

I just don't know.

Perhaps it's being drafted to be held "in abeyance" awaiting the next mass shooting, for maximum effect?

View Quote

Uhhhh, no. If it's 1300 pages that means it is just like all of the other word vomit they've published to try to do things which they cant do over the last few years. The quantity is supposed to make, well, people like you, assume they have something.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

ATF hit an Amish famer near me for private sales.  They cleaned him out but he avoided prison, and now might be able to appeal the conviction.  The ATF basically went after him because he sold a ""large number" of guns, and they considered his personal collection his merchandise, and gasp advertised a gun for sale occasionally.

The more disturbing thing is it seemed to me a coordinated cross agency hit to eliminate someone Dept of Ag wasnt happy with because they sold stuff like raw milk.  He's not been the only one either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muh feelz!

Imagine that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:35:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok. Not disagreeing. But jump frog.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:36:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup. It's a war of attrition and time is on their side. (See NFA and the idiots who keep it going by playing into it) Paying someone $200 to exercise a right, get fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah the ATF and antis have effectively lost control.  

There are more roll your own, more tech that simulates full auto that skirts registration requirements, building your own in the garage is easier than ever.

The harder they push the more people are going to take steps to make raids on homes almost worthless when it comes to disarming a person.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Their direction from the White House in 2021 was "Find a way to go after guns without needing a vote in Congress" so that's what they've been doing with the full knowledge that their bullshit won't hold up in court.  It allows ATF to say "we tried".

If they enact this "rule", it'll just be slapped down in court like all the others.
View Quote

Which is lawfare. Should have consequences
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:50:17 AM EDT
[#37]
They are actively working to disarm and make law obiding gun owners lives as difficult as possible while simultaneously allowing four million illegal criminals rapists terrorists and murderers to flood over the border each year.

Does it make sense for everyone yet?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Time was on their side 50 years ago.

Then the tide turned and we have been winning for 30 years, which is why the enemy is thrashing about everywhere while being almost completely ineffective.

Liberals talk about how kind and caring they are, while being some of the most viciously mean people imaginable. Similarly Conservatives claim to know and understand history...... but display such a perfect ignorance of it that they end of believing whatever the left tells them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

FOIA could be pretty interesting in that case.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will take a law from congress. What law is currently on the books that would fit ?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely so. Nothing else would fit.

I still don't think they can decide anyone selling even a single gun is a dealer though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Then at the direction of the administration they are shutting down dealers to limit your options even more .
View Quote

My kitchen table guy got his letter a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Hopefully the Supreme Court strikes down Chevron and all of this stops for good:

Supreme Court likely to discard Chevron
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#44]
If it take 1300 pages to justify a law…that should tell you how illegal that “justification” is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Don't forget its full name they like to brag about - the BIPARTISAN Safer.....
They got a few RINOs to go along with that lunacy.
It irritates me every time I hear them mention the name of that bill .
View Quote

Thank that fuck Glitch the Bitch for allowing the bill to come to a vote to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Instead of banning private sales, they should just open up a transfer portal where people can perform a person to person transfer with a quick background check to ensure you aren’t doing a private transfer to a felon.
View Quote

And they will copy that info. Also felons are protected by the 2nd. Stop accepting the premise of the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Commented on, not realized. We were sold out by some white haired 'principled conservative' type with a guaranteed-for-life senate seat by a detached and ignorant voter base. In other shocking news, it's Thursday. I just hope the goodwill and spirit of compromise they bought at the cost of our essential liberties is worth it to them
View Quote

Retiring fuck gets to hold his head high while smiling and patting himself on the back.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you work for, contract with, or support the ATF you are a flaming sack of traitorous shit.
View Quote

Hesrightyouknow
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I still don't think they can decide anyone selling even a single gun is a dealer though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can decide some pretty stupid shit, apparently. Whether I'll hold up un court is very questionable.

There's no way to enforce it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Until politicians are held accountable for passing unconstitutional laws, nothing will change. They pass them knowing it is and expect to take it to court.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top