Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Show me the facts where the SF guy shot them and he was firing two pistols.  Do you have a copy of the ballistic report or access to the evidence tying the SF guy to both weapons?  

The kids were not in the immediate vicinity of the people in the conflict; they were at the To-Go window while the other 5 were at the dining area. It said so in the article.
View Quote

Everything on here is speculation. That’s what makes the internet fun! We can all play internet detective.

If he wasn’t firing two pistols, why would you try to hide both?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For sake of Internet forum conversation-why would someone hide two guns if he was going to perhaps use the self defense they shit first argument?
View Quote

I'm not seeing any evidence that he was.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
5'7" 150lbs. Dude is a manlet. Maybe one of the old dudes was a normal sized human and was about to fuck this guy up, so manlet's only option to avoid embarrassment was a gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
5'7" 150lbs. Dude is a manlet. Maybe one of the old dudes was a normal sized human and was about to fuck this guy up, so manlet's only option to avoid embarrassment was a gun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50766201301_daba35dba1_o.jpg

Can't say he is crazy if he knew what he was doing was wrong as evidenced by trying to hide evidence.

View Quote

5'7" lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've told friends of mine a hundred times.  Things like this can happen anywhere you go.   Always carry.
View Quote

This Post Nails It

TPNI
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My guess is he was "on leave" for a specific reason related to mental health.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The blood and urine will be interesting.

Kharn
View Quote

You meant blood and skulls
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this the shooting? Its in Rockford.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CpqPC_1609050258

Sorry if posted already.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I dont think I'm trying to get into a gunfight with a Green Beret
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've told friends of mine a hundred times.  Things like this can happen anywhere you go.   Always carry.

ETA: Besides that, how would you know that the guy going ham at the bowling alley was Special Forces?  You think he announced his MOS before he started shooting?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My guess is he was "on leave" for a specific reason related to mental health.
View Quote

Yeah, units never take block leave during Christmas time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Delete.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think civilians understand what Block Leave is and could easily confuse Ordinary Leave with a LEO who gets put on Admin Leave after screwing up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The 14 and 16 year olds were caught in the cross fire. We don't know if the second gun belonged to the SF guy or one of the old guys or who shot who yet. It is hard for the cops to charge the dead guys so they charge the living guy.
View Quote
What "crossfire"?

Only the perpetrator was firing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What "crossfire"?

Only the perpetrator was firing.
View Quote

How do you know this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person in the US that remembers anything prior to 2016, especially anything from the 90s.

Xiden’s handlers and Kamel Hairass need some ‘tragedies’ to help usher in MOAR gun laws, MOAR power for .gov, MOAR restrictions on the citizenry.

We’ve seen it how many times in the past 26 years or so? Slick Willy and the Commiefucks want a bill passed, but it’s going nowhere. Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly! Some guy shot some people. Well, here’s the bill we’ve been trying to pass, now we’ll just quietly make the shooter disappear and a complicit media will kill the story.

Want more .mil presence somewhere? Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly! Someone bombed one of our ships/embassies.

Want to advance a bullshit narrative, look like an actual leader (to the people that are stupid enough to pay attention to infotainment “news”), get attention off your own crimes and misdeeds? Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly!

This shooter will quietly disappear. This event will be used as an excuse for another power grab by .gov.

I’d love to be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How do you know this?
View Quote

If you got shot at, would you attempt to hide the guys gun that shot at you?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I make snap judgements with cops all the time. This dude, while one of my own, is no different. He won the battle but lost the war. He lost when he couldn't de-escalate. Rule number one when getting into an altercation stateside - humility is free and gets you home safe. "You are a more barrel chested, bigger dicked freedom fighter than me. Whatever you say." Pack up your kids and go home.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How do you know this?
View Quote

Guy's been charged with it, hasn't he?

ETA:
He's been charged with three counts of first degree murder and three counts of attempted first degree murder, police announced Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]

People get charged with things all the time. Doesn't mean there isn't more to the story. He'll Kyle Rittenhouse was charged wasn't he? I am not saying he did or didn't do , just saying we don't truly know what happened and probably won't till after the trial. Could have been a gunfight or he could have snapped. No one really knows and there needs to be no snap judgments till evidence is brought forth in the trial.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe the guy was over doing the prescribed meds and went full on ziggity boo.(Most likely scenario)

See what the tox screen comes back with.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

People get charged with things all the time. Doesn't mean there isn't more to the story. He'll Kyle Rittenhouse was charged wasn't he? I am not saying he did or didn't do , just saying we don't truly know what happened and probably won't till after the trial. Could have been a gunfight or he could have snapped. No one really knows and there needs to be no snap judgments till evidence is brought forth in the trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You mean we shouldn’t be sensationalist, emotion driven drones like the media wants us to be ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the US that remembers anything prior to 2016, especially anything from the 90s.

Xiden's handlers and Kamel Hairass need some 'tragedies' to help usher in MOAR gun laws, MOAR power for .gov, MOAR restrictions on the citizenry.

We've seen it how many times in the past 26 years or so? Slick Willy and the Commiefucks want a bill passed, but it's going nowhere. Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly! Some guy shot some people. Well, here's the bill we've been trying to pass, now we'll just quietly make the shooter disappear and a complicit media will kill the story.

Want more .mil presence somewhere? Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly! Someone bombed one of our ships/embassies.

Want to advance a bullshit narrative, look like an actual leader (to the people that are stupid enough to pay attention to infotainment "news"), get attention off your own crimes and misdeeds? Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly!

This shooter will quietly disappear. This event will be used as an excuse for another power grab by .gov.

I'd love to be wrong.
View Quote
The curse of living long enough to see history relating itself always comes with the compounded aggravation of the younger generation refusing to believe it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Kinda hard to justify premeditated murder if they're going to stay at Full-Retard claiming he didn't know any of the dead/wounded. Given lunacy of the charges and disinformation being released I hesitate to call any of them "victims".
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Put the bunny back in the box (in a fake southern accent of course) may be in his vocabulary soon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person in the US that remembers anything prior to 2016, especially anything from the 90s.

Xiden’s handlers and Kamel Hairass need some ‘tragedies’ to help usher in MOAR gun laws, MOAR power for .gov, MOAR restrictions on the citizenry.

We’ve seen it how many times in the past 26 years or so? Slick Willy and the Commiefucks want a bill passed, but it’s going nowhere. Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly! Some guy shot some people. Well, here’s the bill we’ve been trying to pass, now we’ll just quietly make the shooter disappear and a complicit media will kill the story.

Want to advance a bullshit narrative, look like an actual leader (to the people that are stupid enough to pay attention to infotainment “news”), get attention off your own crimes and misdeeds? Ooohhhhh noooo, look what totally happened unexpectedly!

I’d love to be wrong.
View Quote

Your Christmas wish has been granted. Unless this fits the narrative it will disappear.

Most probably white on white, handgun used not rifle, references to endless wars and PTSD coming.

Needs to be white on BIPOC/LGBTQAA+, or overtly Trumpsonian political type with a rifle and a manifesto.

The intuitional left is in a bit of a pause on .mil, endless wars. reflexive anti military hate etc until they can figure out what to do about being pro war while the new right is anti war.  

Dont worry, there will be plenty of angry white male stuff coming, but this doesn't quite fit the narrative, yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How do you know this?
View Quote
The same way folks "know" they got caught in a crossfire.

Cops say they didn't fire, who is left?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you got shot at, would you attempt to hide the guys gun that shot at you?
View Quote

If there was a fluid situation and there was a firearm adrift I would certainly secure it. I doubt he tried to hide it in his prison wallet; I would think it would go in a pocket or waist band. Putting it into your waist band would appear to be hiding it to the casual observer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kinda hard to justify premeditated murder if they're going to stay at Full-Retard claiming he didn't know any of the dead/wounded. Given lunacy of the charges and disinformation being released I hesitate to call any of them "victims".
View Quote

The legit lawyers here on ARFcom can correct me if I am wrong...  but the actual name of the charge is “murder in the first degree”.  It is not “premeditated murder”.

Yes, usually, to qualify for first degree murder there is a requirement for premeditation.

I am sure depending on how other states’ laws are written there are other criteria to be met as well.

And I am ASSuming at some point say over the past 70 years, some lawyer has argued that and set precedence for premeditation to include something like “The defendant told you he was going to shoot up the Piggly Wiggly the week before."

It doesn’t matter that no specific individuals were named in the initial threat.

Also, I want to say there have been some “heat of the moment” homicides where a husband walks in on his wife fucking the mailman.  The husband goes to the closet, grabs his great grandpa’s Model 12, loads it, and shoots the mailman and/or his wife.  The prosecutor then argues that in the time it took to get the shotgun, load it, and carry it back to the bedroom all equals premeditation.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#31]

There was a shoot out and only one guy left standing. They arrest him and charge him to keep him in custody until the investigation is complete and it can be presented to the Grand Jury or the DA decides to prosecute. It really doesn’t work out to charge the dead guys.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lots of fucky shit happening the past few days....
View Quote

It's the Holiday Season.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I’m thinking they’ve reviewed the surveillance videos,  before announcing the charges.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The same way folks "know" they got caught in a crossfire.

Cops say they didn't fire, who is left?
View Quote

Okay, then call it a stray bullet. When bullets start flying in a crowd unintentional victims will be hit.

All I am saying is don’t jump to conclusions as to what happened because Jimmy Olson and Dick Tracy kicked into “I have to do something” mode.  

The easiest way out for the Cops and the cities Political establishment is to charge someone so they can show they are on top of the situation. It takes the spot light off of them to act.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I am going with crazy possibly due to PTSD.  He left Duke Field (high of 58) to go to Rockford IL (high of 31).  Crazy as a bed bug.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am going with crazy possibly due to PTSD.  He left Duke Field (high of 58) to go to Rockford IL (high of 31).  Crazy as a bed bug.
View Quote

I can't blame PTSD.  There has to be more to it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#37]
He tried to walk out with both weapons on him?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There was a shoot out and only one guy left standing. They arrest him and charge him to keep him in custody until the investigation is complete and it can be presented to the Grand Jury or the DA decides to prosecute. It really doesn’t work out to charge the dead guys.
View Quote

Link to facts it was a “shoot out”?

I shoot out implies there was more than one person shooting. Has this been proven?

If we want to play the what if game we can do that all day and from both sides of the situation. But that’s unneeded drama
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Navy SEAL - Big dudes. Monsters made for extreme violence of action.

Green Berets/Rangers - Scrawny sneaky dudes made to live off bird feathers and leaf dew for months with no support.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Green Berets/Rangers - Scrawny sneaky dudes made to live off bird feathers and leaf dew for months with no support.
View Quote

Most of the SEAL's I worked with were small.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you have to know your victims for it to be premeditated? Is it not premeditated if you decide you're going to go out to the bowling alley and kill some people on Friday, and then do it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#42]
His defense attorney is claiming he has a brain injury so that’s why he did it I guess. Wants him to get a bond so she can get him into treatment for his brain injury

She didn’t try to say anything about self defense, another shooter etc just made several mentions of how he needs treatment for his brain injury
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well a hat can't hold a gun so...
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Negative
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
His defense attorney is claiming he has a brain injury so that’s why he did it I guess. Wants him to get a bond so she can get him into treatment for his brain injury

She didn’t try to say anything about self defense, another shooter etc just made several mentions of how he needs treatment for his brain injury
View Quote

You play the hand you're dealt. I'd much rather have a bad self defense case though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Negative
View Quote

A lot of the SF guys I knew were really big.  They spent a lot of time lifting and probably taking illegal steroids.  Rangers mostly just do direct action with support.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why do you have to know your victims for it to be premeditated? Is it not premeditated if you decide you're going to go out to the bowling alley and kill some people on Friday, and then do it?
View Quote

Courts have found that premeditation can be formed in an instant.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
An active member of the US Army has been charged with murder after three men were shot dead and three more people were injured in a 'random attack' at bowling alley in Illinois.

Green Beret Duke Webb, 37, from Florida, was on Sunday charged with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder.

The shooting happened just before 7pm on Saturday at Don Carter Lanes in the city of Rockford about 90 minutes northwest of Chicago.

Three men, aged 73, 65 and 69, were killed. They have not been named.

A 14-year-old boy was shot in the face; his condition is described as stable. A 16-year-old girl was shot in the shoulder and released from hospital.  

The sixth victim, a 62-year-old man, remains in a critical condition after he was shot multiple times, The Chicago Tribune reports.

It is not known why Webb was in Rockford and Police Chief Dan O'Shea said Sunday: 'We believe this was a completely random act, and there is no prior meeting or any kind of relationship between the suspect and any of the victims in this case.'

According to a statement from the Army Webb is assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), based at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.

He was on leave at the time of the shooting.

Police say around 6.55pm on Saturday, they received a call that someone had opened fire in an outdoor bar area of the bowling alley according to a police press conference given in the hours after the shooting.

When police arrived, they found multiple victims and the person of interest. Two handguns were also found at the scene.  

The bowling alley was closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. The bar, Shooters Bar & Grill, has remained open for outside drinking and takeout. Around 20 to 25 people had been at the establishment when the shooting broke out Saturday.

O'Shea said: 'The two teenage victims were picking up food. It's a carryout establishment as well. They were not in the bar area.'

Mayor Tom McNamara said in a statement he was 'angered and saddened'.

He added: 'My thoughts are with the families of those who lost loved ones. I'm also thinking of those who were injured and my hopes are with them for a quick and full recovery.'

Webb is being held without bond. He will make his first appearance in court Monday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9090805/Active-Army-soldier-charged-murder-Illinois-bowling-alley-shooting.html

No motive listed, pretty weird situation but it s still 2020.
View Quote
Makes you wonder, did they even ask him???

Nothing they say will excuse it, but I still always wonder.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which, as someone who has tried and won a first degree murder trial, makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#50]
He's broken.......take him out back....."may God have mercy on your soul".........BOOM!!!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top