User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jeeze... now there's a story out of JBLM of an SF colonel beating his beating his wife and holding his kids at gunpoint during a stand-off with cops.

WTF

19 years of constant deployments with the potential PTSD, TBI, and substance abuse aren't doing our SOF guys any favors. It seems we've got another career and more importantly another family ruined. :(
View Quote

I'm more worried about the kids/wife than that jackass' career. Is their a separate thread about this?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw a blip about it in Stars and Stripes this morning.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ok. Fair enough. Now please give an example of a core METL that is assigned to the Regiment that isn't DA or in direct support of DA.  Here's a pro tip.....a blocking position is DA.  Again though you're being purposefully disingenuous and cherry picking verbiage to "chastise" a member here that wrote something that is essentially accurate.  
View Quote

First, you are wrong. A blocking position is not DA except maybe if it’s in conjunction to a DA mission like Mogadishu.

But, if you expand your thought further then the 402nd Transport Battalion of the Kentucky National Guard also does DA.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm more worried about the kids/wife than that jackass' career. Is their a separate thread about this?
View Quote

What? The shooter is not the real victim here? How dare you?!?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
shoulda marked it zero
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]

When I was at Campbell, some group guys got in trouble for abusing their "Fentanyl lollipops".
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
‘Shooters’ Bar and Grill.....you can’t make this stuff up. The soldier must have been highly agitated to in fact use TWO handguns or he was under fire.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
‘Shooters’ Bar and Grill.....you can’t make this stuff up. The soldier must have been highly agitated to in fact use TWO handguns or he was under fire.
View Quote

He hid both guns and lead offices to them after he was arrested. In the press conference the cops said it was caught on camera and he was the only one shooting. He started with the kids first.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've been here two decades, I've been open that entire time about my background.  Just in the last year someone actually noticed and got their pussy in a wringer about it.  I identify when I'm referring to what I've been told by friends because otherwise people claim I'm trying to steal valor by not making it clear it's not MY experiences.  In this case, many years ago I was around a Guard SF unit for long enough that some members of the unit didn't realize I wasn't actually in the unit (such as walking down the hall to visit a friend and getting pulled in by the medic for a flu shot), between them sponsoring our Explorer Post and friends I made through that, over six years of association with them.  Back in those days, I knew all of the full-time AGR members of that battalion headquarters company by name and they knew me, even though there was primarily one I was hanging out with at the time, but I'd been on a rifle team with another one (who was support staff, he failed the Q Course, I've got a picture of the unit CWO and myself at his funeral a few years ago).  So, at that time, I knew lots of SF guys.  Since then, I know mostly retired SF guys because there are no SF units in my area, and, as noted, I'm not a veteran and especially not tabbed myself.  But I hang out with a former 82nd military science fiction writer, to the point that before my wife was in the picture, his children and his publisher would ask me to go to his house to check on him, now my wife is his personal assistant and does so, and some of his fans I meet are SF, Rangers, SEALs, etc...  

So, from that experience, I gave my views and how they differed from those of the person I responded to, who seemed to generalize them all as one body type.  So I gave examples of individuals I know who deviated from that body type.  Of the three individuals I generally described in my original post, I could pick up the phone and reach two of them tonight, the third one I can never remember his real name and only knew him casually, but I've been there when he was scrounging for food at 10am on an FTX.  As for one of the people who responded about "Hey, I'll admit it, we have our fatbodies too", well, I only gave examples of two body types I observed, which certainly wasn't all-inclusive :-)  Especially since being Guard, they tended to be a little older than a lot of the active duty types, so some were a little stockier, but still met standards (the main friend in the unit I was hanging out with was older but slim, he'd been Navy in Vietnam, but deployed to northern Iraq to aid the Kurds in GW1).  

Heck, some of the same people who bitch about me referring to friends for military stuff also bitch when I refer to friends in computer stuff, even though with them I've talked shop with those friends because their stuff was extremely similar to the stuff I was working on, and in IT you never know when you'll switch specialties to something similar, and that in the same post I was referring to how the stuff *I'VE* worked with was relevant.
View Quote
all that typing to say absolutely nothing? but then again when called out you always post some convoluted BS to back up and validate your friends experiences and why your posting about them.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The shooter probably recognized the 3 old boomers from McDonald's.

He was probably tired of them drinking coffee and taking up space so he wasted the old guys

I would think, based on what I've read here, that there a quite a few of you who MIGHT support his actions.

Us boomers are bleeding the country dry you know......SS and Medicare

Cost cutting measure.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
@LoneWolf545

What years did you serve?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I guess Green Berets can go psychotic, too, just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The shooter probably recognized the 3 old boomers from McDonald's.

He was probably tired of them drinking coffee and taking up space so he wasted the old guys

I would think, based on what I've read here, that there a quite a few of you who MIGHT support his actions.

Us boomers are bleeding the country dry you know......SS and Medicare

Cost cutting measure.

View Quote

That’s like pointing out that Covid will probably keep SS solvent for a few more years.

Not nice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@LoneWolf545

What years did you serve?
View Quote

In for the 17 page dissertation to tell you "none".
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In for the 17 page dissertation to tell you "none".
View Quote

It was measured more in quarters and semesters than years.

Dude has more connections than an Afghan generator though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think most people have a vastly different definition of what constitutes as a "connection"....it generally implies a current and ongoing personal relationship, not physically being in somebody's presence...once.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think most people have a vastly different definition of what constitutes as a "connection"....it generally implies a current and ongoing personal relationship, not physically being in somebody's presence...once.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Internet “friends with benefits”?
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top