Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for your input in this thread. I agree nothing will happen to him though I do think he bares some responsibility with what happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.
Thanks for your input in this thread. I agree nothing will happen to him though I do think he bares some responsibility with what happened.

Of course.

Here is what happens when a gun comes to set. Posting again since it’s buried a handful of pages back. If they followed the correct protocol none of this would have happen.

Whenever a real gun is being used, the armorer brings it to set and shows the 1st AD it’s cold by usually shinning a flashlight into the chamber. They  will invite anyone to check it as well (I usually try to see for myself that’s it’s clear). Then before rolling the 1st AD will call to make the weapon hot. Once loaded the armorer will call out that the weapon is hot, the 1st AD will echo this call out. Then the weapon will be handed off to the actor. The 1st AD will call rolling and “fire in the hole” Action is called, gun is fired. Cut is called out, nobody enters the set until the armorer takes control of the firearm, clears it, calls out cold weapon.

As far as guns being pointed at someone, usually it is never pointed directly at anyone but if it must be pointed at someone, they will use blanks that are not full loads such as 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 loads. One example I’ve seen was a gun was used to shoot someones handcuffs off, they used 1/8 loads which werent even powerful enough to cycle the pistol.

Hope this explains it. In my experience, whenever firearms are on set it is taken very seriously and safely.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Some years ago, I read an article that said live rounds are absolutely banned on TV/Movie lots to prevent this sort of accident.  If that is true, I'll give FAB a pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would there be live ammo on the set?  I can see dummy rounds for close up shots, and blanks, but live ammo?

Some years ago, I read an article that said live rounds are absolutely banned on TV/Movie lots to prevent this sort of accident.  If that is true, I'll give FAB a pass.

Guaranteed the armorer uses his “prop gun” at the range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vigilance is eternal…

Your prop master has to be a good one and hire the right people.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Luckily, its not his fault!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently a low-cost local that was hired by Baldwin's production company to work on the movie Baldwin is producing in which Baldwin pulled the trigger of a gun that killed someone.

Luckily, its not his fault!

A few people here (along with the SJWs, libtards, etc. crowds) sure do seem to think so.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If the deceased family hires a very good lawyer and he was just fucking around and shot her
With what was most likely sa revolver.
I believe he will be found negligent.
It won't matter  what his press agent puts out.
Eta maybe they were filming maybe not I'm not believing one account just yet
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn Lauren...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Training. Pretty sure other productions, like John Wick for example, have used it to improve both safety and on-screen presentation.

How does an untrained actor passionate about being anti-2A not know what a real gun is? That's rhetorical btw.
View Quote

Would be awesome if all actors had the same professionalism and drive for accuracy as Reeves and Cruise.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The comments from the twittards are exactly what one would expect.
If leftists didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any at all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Would it be inappropriate to send Baldwin the pre-K and Kindergarten age Eddy Eagle materials from the NRA?  Dude is a colicky baby after all.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He has wished those who disagree with him politically die in violent manners. It's a sad situation for the dead and injured, but something something karma...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, man. Even libtard idiots have feelings. I doubt he's a psychopath. He just accidentally killed someone who he was probably good friends with.

Maybe he hired cheap unlicensed local tallent.  If so he fucked up and should share blame. Sure he's a double nozzle commie. But how many times have people here said they don't wish cancer on anyone, even dirtbag politicians?

He has wished those who disagree with him politically die in violent manners. It's a sad situation for the dead and injured, but something something karma...

I though we are talking about Baldwin and not GD.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

1st Assistant Director.

I posted a few pages back exactly the cadence that happens when a gun comes on set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.

Whats an AD?

1st Assistant Director.

I posted a few pages back exactly the cadence that happens when a gun comes on set.

It is interesting that Hollywood cuts the actors and others that are being potentially put at risk out of the safety procedures.  I assume it is because they are assumed to be too flighty and stupid but in every industry I have been involved with it would be completely unacceptable to not have key people integrally involved.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As others have said, supposedly they were filming a close-up of the muzzle of the revolver as it was drawn from a holster. A closeup, with the muzzle pointed directly at the camera. When the gun fired, it struck the DP, who was behind the camera, exited her rear shoulder, and struck the director, who was behind her.
View Quote

why are the photos taken during or after the police interview not in costume? non-dress rehearsal? Or horseplay?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Baldwin has been in countless movies where the handling of firearms as props was required, I'm not going to count but since 1987 he has played military officers, police officers, secret agents, etc. all with ample amounts of shooting.

At some point in this two decade plus career to claim he never received any training in the safe use of prop firearms exceeds the bounds of reasonable assumption.

Depending on the circumstances, I'm not confident he can claim he couldn't or shouldn't have known the potential results of his actions, particularly if some of these rumors are accurate, incompetent prop-master or not. Not only was he the trigger man, he was the boss.
View Quote

Yup. Doesn't fly. He was the PRODUCER. Ultimately, he's responsible no matter what. Plus, rumors that he hired a less-than-reputable armorer to save mo ey?

Nevermind his hypocritical position on 2A and incessant demeaning of responsible gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There seems to be a concerted effort by a few to ignore the facts and defend him. I have no idea why. Wait for the facts before you absolve the lead actor and producer of the film that just shot someone on set and hired a cheap armorer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? You've never seen a movie where actors shoot guns at other actors?

Ever?

Have you been living under a rock your entire life?

There's no need to point it directly at the other actor. Shoot beside him, the camera can't tell the difference.

There seems to be a concerted effort by a few to ignore the facts and defend him. I have no idea why. Wait for the facts before you absolve the lead actor and producer of the film that just shot someone on set and hired a cheap armorer.

And yet you'll not wait for the facts and condemn solely because of his political stance.

Literally the same shit that the leftists you loathe do.

Beautiful irony.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

So Baldwin hired some low cost local that didn't know what they were doing for his movie, the low cost local that didn't know what they were doing fucked up, and some people here want to to absolve Baldwin when he was the one that hired the low cost local that didn't know what they were doing?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh, so he went with non-union labor?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You don't use a real gun. That simple.
View Quote

This.  It's industry standard practice to use real guns and then invent rules on the fly to make them "safe".  There is no reason for actors to use real guns.
Excellent replicas exist but no one buys them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So Baldwin hired some low cost local that didn't know what they were doing for his movie, the low cost local that didn't know what they were doing fucked up, and some people here want to to absolve Baldwin when he was the one that hired the low cost local that didn't know what they were doing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screenname?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And yet you'll not wait for the facts and condemn solely because of his political stance.

Beautiful irony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever?

There's no need to point it directly at the other actor. Shoot beside him, the camera can't tell the difference.

Beautiful irony.

Bingo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Meh if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but in this case I dont think I am.
View Quote

To be fair I think very few here are saying he should or will go to jail.  Most are just hopping this costs him something because of how vocal and full of venom he has been on the topic.

Assuming he's not as disagreeable as he presents himself in media. I believe killing a "friend" as he referred to the woman would cause some moments of quiet contemplation and thinking over life choices and humility.  But I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't trust the union label.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Of course.

Here is what happens when a gun comes to set. Posting again since it’s buried a handful of pages back. If they followed the correct protocol none of this would have happen.

Whenever a real gun is being used, the armorer brings it to set and shows the 1st AD it’s cold by usually shinning a flashlight into the chamber. They  will invite anyone to check it as well (I usually try to see for myself that’s it’s clear). Then before rolling the 1st AD will call to make the weapon hot. Once loaded the armorer will call out that the weapon is hot, the 1st AD will echo this call out. Then the weapon will be handed off to the actor. The 1st AD will call rolling and “fire in the hole” Action is called, gun is fired. Cut is called out, nobody enters the set until the armorer takes control of the firearm, clears it, calls out cold weapon.

As far as guns being pointed at someone, usually it is never pointed directly at anyone but if it must be pointed at someone, they will use blanks that are not full loads such as 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 loads. One example I’ve seen was a gun was used to shoot someones handcuffs off, they used 1/8 loads which werent even powerful enough to cycle the pistol.

Hope this explains it. In my experience, whenever firearms are on set it is taken very seriously and safely.
View Quote

What if dummies are used to represent a loaded cylinder  in a close up shot and there are no blanks used in the scene?  I’m betting this was the scenario and the armorer could not tell one was still a live round.  If Baldwin was supposed to present and cock the pistol but dropped the hammer by mistake or mishandling….

Seeing as an SAA is gate loaded, one cartridge at a time it would be pretty easy to fuck up the cylinder count, not be able to tell from a quick visual and hand off a gun with a live cartridge in it…
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm struggling to sympathize with Alec.  If he wasn't such a giant fucking piece of TDS having shit.  The victims family, sure.  Also, it's not just his fault IMO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Would be awesome if all actors had the same professionalism and drive for accuracy as Reeves and Cruise.
View Quote

You think it's better to be unprofessional with firearms then?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Beautiful irony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever?

Beautiful irony.

You are 100% wrong. I have only been discussing the facts here. Your defense of him is based on feels.

How is that for irony?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn’t it ironic?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL WUT?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever?

Beautiful irony.

Bingo.

You are another posting feels and not facts. When corrected you run away.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck Alec Baldwin.  Fat piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on the poster
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, the Baldwin legal defense team is in full force, pulling unlikely scenario after unlikely scenario out of their butts to cover for the guy

Not really, if the same thing happened to someone from Arfcom, there'd be a GoFundMe in under an hour and gunsmith after gunsmith, and instructor after instructor would post scenario after scenario about how "despite best practices and proper procedures, these things can happen."

The only reason GD even gives a shit here is because Baldwin is a liberal.

Change it from Alex Baldwin to Adam Baldwin and GD would trip over themselves, "pulling unlikely scenario after unlikely scenario out of their butts to cover for the guy."

This guy gets it...

Bullshit.

This stuff DOES happen and is brought up on Arfcom often. I’ve always heard Arfcom ring the persons ass for being negligent.

Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on the poster

99.9% of posters on here would call anyone a dumbass and to blame for pointing a gun at someone else and pulling the trigger.
You are full of shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Of course he's not liable.

It's like working on a construction site, someone hands you their framing gun, and while nailing, the trigger/safety stick and sends a nail in someone's eye. That's not your fault.

Soon as I read the name of the actor, I knew people here would try and find a way to place the blame directly on him.

It's not the job of the actor to inspect every equipment they touch. You have people on set for this very reason.

View Quote

Never been in the movie business, but contrary to some of the posts here, I'd be willing to bet that when a production hires an armorer to provide the firearms for use in a movie, the actor is NOT supposed to be unloading the firearm to do his own inspections of the firearm and ammo. It's relegated to the armorer to ensure that the firearm is safe for the intended use (which does not include something like putting it to your temple and playing Russian Roulette with blanks).

Probably something related to the insurance underwriters with regards to actors loading and unloading ANYTHING with a propellant/combustible media into firearms props.

Heck, they don't even hand actors sharpened blades. You can usually see light glinting off the rounded/dull edges whenever they hold up a sword/machete/knife.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Of course.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.

Of course.

I don't care what anyone says, if I am the actor that is instructed to point a firearm at someone else and pull the trigger, I will want to verify myself that the gun is clear and not loaded.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#36]
May mental and emotional pain and fuck be upon him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, it was a real gun that should never be pointed at anyone except those who you intend to shoot.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If the deceased family hires a very good lawyer and he was just fucking around and shot her
With what was most likely sa revolver.
I believe he will be found negligent.
It won't matter  what his press agent puts out.
Eta maybe they were filming maybe not I'm not believing one account just yet
View Quote
Her husband is a very good lawyer.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Damn Lauren...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn Lauren...

It's really funny how so much of what he said is coming back around, but I still don't think our representatives should be doing snarky "gotcha" tweets for online clout
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did he check the barrel for obstructions? Did he inspect the ammo?

He is responsible period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if the shot called for the actor to point the weapon at another actor? What then? "oh, sorry this is just too scary. I'm going to have to follow the gun safety rules and decline to shoot this scene"
Did he check the barrel for obstructions? Did he inspect the ammo?

He is responsible period.

Do actors normally check the various saftey devices used on set for stunts?

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, well.  Sounds like Baldwin's had some time to get a story together.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What if dummies are used to represent a loaded cylinder  in a close up shot and there are no blanks used in the scene?  I’m betting this was the scenario and the armorer could not tell one was still a live round.  If Baldwin was supposed to present and cock the pistol but dropped the hammer by mistake or mishandling….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

The armorer/Prop person should walk onto set with an empty gun and the dummies in hand. The 1st AD would inspect the dummy rounds (and anyone else who wants to see) and then load the dummy rounds into the pistol before handing off the pistol to the actor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Of course.

Here is what happens when a gun comes to set. Posting again since it's buried a handful of pages back. If they followed the correct protocol none of this would have happen.

Whenever a real gun is being used, the armorer brings it to set and shows the 1st AD it's cold by usually shinning a flashlight into the chamber. They  will invite anyone to check it as well (I usually try to see for myself that's it's clear). Then before rolling the 1st AD will call to make the weapon hot. Once loaded the armorer will call out that the weapon is hot, the 1st AD will echo this call out. Then the weapon will be handed off to the actor. The 1st AD will call rolling and "fire in the hole" Action is called, gun is fired. Cut is called out, nobody enters the set until the armorer takes control of the firearm, clears it, calls out cold weapon.

As far as guns being pointed at someone, usually it is never pointed directly at anyone but if it must be pointed at someone, they will use blanks that are not full loads such as 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 loads. One example I've seen was a gun was used to shoot someones handcuffs off, they used 1/8 loads which werent even powerful enough to cycle the pistol.

View Quote
I understood it the first time but posting it again doesn't hurt so more can see it. You would think a long time gun safety advocate like Baldwin would check the weapon himself as an additional measure of safety.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't care what anyone says, if I am the actor that is instructed to point a firearm at someone else and pull the trigger, I will want to verify myself that the gun is clear and not loaded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

Of course, and I’m the same way. But a lot of actors are clueless when it comes to guns and just trust the armorer/props people.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's really funny how so much of what he said is coming back around, but I still don't think our representatives should be doing snarky "gotcha" tweets for online clout
View Quote

Right....so no more Mean Tweets [tm]?

Nope... this is the cultural war and you stick it to them and rub their faces in their shitty filth when you can. Any less and you are fighting the war handicapped. See how far we've gotten by being polite?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Screenname?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screenname?

No shit.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
If this had been some teenager from the hood or or some rural county playing with guns and they shot their buddy because they thought the gun was "unloaded" it would be sad but there would not be a single defender of the shooters actions. He would be a negligent dumbass who killed his buddy.
Playing with guns and pointing them at each other is exactly what happened here. No different than Jonny down the street or Jamal on from MLK.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

LOL WUT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL WUT?

I took that as sarcasm.

Whole thing is infuriating, because if it were any police, military, 2A supporter... virtually anyone not a celebrity, there wouldn't be these "oh the poor shooter articles." It would be calls for accountability.

I'm not saying the man intentionally murdered someone, but the absolute basics would have saved this woman.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn’t hurt especially if the armorer is present to observe/assist.  The other thing is why on earth would you have production staff in the line of fire and not shooting and observing remote during gun play?
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top