Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember the whole “Gray State” film drama? I was an extra and provided props and guns. As they were going CGI with effects, no blanks were involved. The AKs and ARs I brought still had their bolt carriers but I checked chambers and removed the bolts beforehand. Crowley and some of the other guys running the show brought their ARs. At one point after filming some “rolling firefight” scenes, a a live 223 round was found on the ground. So at some point, someone was running around with a hot rifle and eventually racked it, oblivious to having cleared a live round.

Scary that it’s so easy to be stupid….
View Quote

Gray State deaths were eerie AF.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You are another posting feels and not facts. When corrected you run away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? You've never seen a movie where actors shoot guns at other actors?

Ever?

Have you been living under a rock your entire life?

There's no need to point it directly at the other actor. Shoot beside him, the camera can't tell the difference.

There seems to be a concerted effort by a few to ignore the facts and defend him. I have no idea why. Wait for the facts before you absolve the lead actor and producer of the film that just shot someone on set and hired a cheap armorer.

And yet you'll not wait for the facts and condemn solely because of his political stance.

Literally the same shit that the leftists you loathe do.

Beautiful irony.

Bingo.

You are another posting feels and not facts. When corrected you run away.

Fact is simple. He was playing with a loaded gun that he thought was unloaded and shot his girl and his bud. Dumbass and negligent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, well.  Sounds like Baldwin's had some time to get a story together.  

View Quote

Baldwin hires a low cost unsafe local for a job involving firearms for a movie Baldwin is producing and when the low cost unsafe local behaves like a low cost unsafe local it makes Baldwin a “tragic victim.”
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, this might be an opportunity. If this raises enough concern around safety maybe some kind of 'certification' could be made a thing, forcing any actors using firearms in movies to take regular training and MAYBE that could change some minds on the left cost.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it was a real gun that should never be pointed at anyone except those who you intend to shoot.

lol

What's funny?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
How is that even a thing? I thought all the prop guns were all disabled/neutered and really specialized to specifically prevent being able to use real ammo?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Of course, and I’m the same way. But a lot of actors are clueless when it comes to guns and just trust the armorer/props people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.
Thanks for your input in this thread. I agree nothing will happen to him though I do think he bares some responsibility with what happened.

Of course.

Here is what happens when a gun comes to set. Posting again since it’s buried a handful of pages back. If they followed the correct protocol none of this would have happen.

Whenever a real gun is being used, the armorer brings it to set and shows the 1st AD it’s cold by usually shinning a flashlight into the chamber. They  will invite anyone to check it as well (I usually try to see for myself that’s it’s clear). Then before rolling the 1st AD will call to make the weapon hot. Once loaded the armorer will call out that the weapon is hot, the 1st AD will echo this call out. Then the weapon will be handed off to the actor. The 1st AD will call rolling and “fire in the hole” Action is called, gun is fired. Cut is called out, nobody enters the set until the armorer takes control of the firearm, clears it, calls out cold weapon.

As far as guns being pointed at someone, usually it is never pointed directly at anyone but if it must be pointed at someone, they will use blanks that are not full loads such as 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 loads. One example I’ve seen was a gun was used to shoot someones handcuffs off, they used 1/8 loads which werent even powerful enough to cycle the pistol.

Hope this explains it. In my experience, whenever firearms are on set it is taken very seriously and safely.

I don't care what anyone says, if I am the actor that is instructed to point a firearm at someone else and pull the trigger, I will want to verify myself that the gun is clear and not loaded.

Of course, and I’m the same way. But a lot of actors are clueless when it comes to guns and just trust the armorer/props people.

Just because a lot of them are negligent does not excuse someone when they shoot somebody.
Ok, so there are alot of negligent actors that get away with it...this one didn't.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Screenname?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Baldwin hired some low cost local that didn't know what they were doing for his movie, the low cost local that didn't know what they were doing fucked up, and some people here want to to absolve Baldwin when he was the one that hired the low cost local that didn't know what they were doing?
Screenname?

I left Santa Fe two days ago.  Wasn't me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that's true, that's a real unprofessional WTF screwup. Why on earth would you go and shoot live rounds out of a gun that's still being used as a prop in a movie that's still filming? You only own 4 guns, they're all being used as props in the movie, but you wanted to do a little plinking?
WTF
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What's funny?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it was a real gun that should never be pointed at anyone except those who you intend to shoot.

lol

What's funny?

Nothing.

Idiots in Hollywood seem to think that they are immune from reality and others instinctively support them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Doesn’t hurt especially if the armorer is present to observe/assist.  The other thing is why on earth would you have production staff in the line of fire and not shooting and observing remote during gun play?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care what anyone says, if I am the actor that is instructed to point a firearm at someone else and pull the trigger, I will want to verify myself that the gun is clear and not loaded.

Doesn’t hurt especially if the armorer is present to observe/assist.  The other thing is why on earth would you have production staff in the line of fire and not shooting and observing remote during gun play?

Cause in their minds they were just playing with unloaded guns. Negligent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is that even a thing? I thought all the prop guns were all disabled/neutered and really specialized to specifically prevent being able to use real ammo?
View Quote

No, most are functional. Watch the TFB TV videos at the Hollywood armorer place.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
This probably isn’t true, but it’s not exactly unbelievable either.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just because a lot of them are negligent does not excuse someone when they shoot somebody.
Ok, so there are alot of negligent actors that get away with it...this one didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.
Thanks for your input in this thread. I agree nothing will happen to him though I do think he bares some responsibility with what happened.

Of course.

Here is what happens when a gun comes to set. Posting again since it’s buried a handful of pages back. If they followed the correct protocol none of this would have happen.

Whenever a real gun is being used, the armorer brings it to set and shows the 1st AD it’s cold by usually shinning a flashlight into the chamber. They  will invite anyone to check it as well (I usually try to see for myself that’s it’s clear). Then before rolling the 1st AD will call to make the weapon hot. Once loaded the armorer will call out that the weapon is hot, the 1st AD will echo this call out. Then the weapon will be handed off to the actor. The 1st AD will call rolling and “fire in the hole” Action is called, gun is fired. Cut is called out, nobody enters the set until the armorer takes control of the firearm, clears it, calls out cold weapon.

As far as guns being pointed at someone, usually it is never pointed directly at anyone but if it must be pointed at someone, they will use blanks that are not full loads such as 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 loads. One example I’ve seen was a gun was used to shoot someones handcuffs off, they used 1/8 loads which werent even powerful enough to cycle the pistol.

Hope this explains it. In my experience, whenever firearms are on set it is taken very seriously and safely.

My point is, the two people in charge of overall safety on set fucked up. The actor is not in charge of the firearm or it’s state (loaded/unloaded). The actors NEVER load or unload the guns.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You know, this might be an opportunity. If this raises enough concern around safety maybe some kind of 'certification' could be made a thing, forcing any actors using firearms in movies to take regular training and MAYBE that could change some minds on the left cost.
View Quote

Nah,
According to you it was not his fault.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4DAB73E7-778C-4263-A585-0E200D987B95_jpe-2139459.JPG
View Quote

So....Trump did this. Orange man!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Baldwin hires a low cost unsafe local for a job involving firearms for a movie Baldwin is producing and when the low cost unsafe local behaves like a low cost unsafe local it makes Baldwin a "tragic victim."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baldwin hires a low cost unsafe local for a job involving firearms for a movie Baldwin is producing and when the low cost unsafe local behaves like a low cost unsafe local it makes Baldwin a "tragic victim."
That is pretty fucked up they were doing that between sets with the actual weapons being used in the movie. Is it common that armorers joy shoot onsite while filming?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If that's true, that's a real unprofessional WTF screwup. Why on earth would you go and shoot live rounds out of a gun that's still being used as a prop in a movie that's still filming? You only own 4 guns, they're all being used as props in the movie, but you wanted to do a little plinking?
WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

There is no good reason for it.
Makes you wonder if there is more to the story. They may not have actually even been filming and may have just found the gun and used it thinking, ah hell, it was all good last week.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do actors normally check the various saftey devices used on set for stunts?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if the shot called for the actor to point the weapon at another actor? What then? "oh, sorry this is just too scary. I'm going to have to follow the gun safety rules and decline to shoot this scene"
Did he check the barrel for obstructions? Did he inspect the ammo?

He is responsible period.

Do actors normally check the various saftey devices used on set for stunts?

Do workers in other industries?  They do in every one I have been involved in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Serious question.  If the procedure you describe wasn't followed (obviously it appears it wasn't).  The armorer wasn't vetted (not part of the union) or at least it's been reported this way. Is the 1st AD still on the hook?  Based on known details.  They may not have much experience filming with guns and likely would not be familiar with the procedure themselves. Is there some sort of documentation that puts them on the hook for accidents on set?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is pretty fucked up they were doing that between sets with the actual weapons being used in the movie. Is it common that armorers joy shoot onsite while filming?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they hired Joe Dirt, yes, probably.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My point is, the two people in charge of overall safety on set fucked up. The actor is not in charge of the firearm or it’s state (loaded/unloaded). The actors NEVER load or unload the guns.
View Quote

None of that apologist bullshit absolves him of the fact that he failed to ensure the weapon was safe. Just because others never do something, doesn't make it safe. It makes it stupid and really highlights the gross negligence so pervasive in the industry, it that's the case.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is if you hire methy local low cost NM armorers because you're a shitty human being like Alec Baldwin.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

But even now we don't know that. The person in charge of safety may not have even been on set that day. Apparently they were not actually filming...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What if dummies are used to represent a loaded cylinder  in a close up shot and there are no blanks used in the scene?  I’m betting this was the scenario and the armorer could not tell one was still a live round.  If Baldwin was supposed to present and cock the pistol but dropped the hammer by mistake or mishandling….

Seeing as an SAA is gate loaded, one cartridge at a time it would be pretty easy to fuck up the cylinder count, not be able to tell from a quick visual and hand off a gun with a live cartridge in it…
View Quote

Not true.  It should be IMPOSSIBLE to
have live ammunition on a movie set.
Apparently Hollywood libtards are so stupid that even the death of Brandon Lee taught them absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4DAB73E7-778C-4263-A585-0E200D987B95_jpe-2139459.JPG
View Quote

That is absolutely untrue.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Right....so no more Mean Tweets [tm]?

Nope... this is the cultural war and you stick it to them and rub their faces in their shitty filth when you can. Any less and you are fighting the war handicapped. See how far we've gotten by being polite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's really funny how so much of what he said is coming back around, but I still don't think our representatives should be doing snarky "gotcha" tweets for online clout

Right....so no more Mean Tweets [tm]?

Nope... this is the cultural war and you stick it to them and rub their faces in their shitty filth when you can. Any less and you are fighting the war handicapped. See how far we've gotten by being polite?

Exactly correct. We are losing the culture war because our first instinct is to be nice and their first instinct is to attack.

It is amazing how many posters here excused Baldwin with zero knowledge of circumstances.

Now that it is clear that he was also a producer, he hired an ill qualified armorer and people were previously complaining about safety on the set and people here still defend him is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What's funny?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

What's funny?

Join the military and you’ll get to point real guns loaded with blanks on your friends all the time.

It’s perfectly safe when following the proper routines.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Serious question.  If the procedure you describe wasn't followed (obviously it appears it wasn't).  The armorer wasn't vetted (not part of the union) or at least it's been reported this way. Is the 1st AD still on the hook?  Based on known details.  They may not have much experience filming with guns and likely would not be familiar with the procedure themselves. Is there some sort of documentation that puts them on the hook for accidents on set?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1st AD is on the hook. They are in charge of overall safety on set. They do all the safety meetings everyday as well. And the 1st AD position is not an entry level position. Any 1st AD has been on working on set for years, starting out as a production assistant.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How does it happen to two victims?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was an accident. Plain and simple.

Sucks. Same thing happened to Brandon Lee on the set of the Crow.

How does it happen to two victims?

Alec Baldwin is a mass-shooter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
So Trump derangement syndrome has actually killed someone now.  Way to go, Alec.  That will be your legacy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nah,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah,

I said he was ultimately responsible.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Of course.

View Quote

@Proto3

Thanks for bringing some actual experience to the thread.

Curious about the standard practice with prop guns handed to them that are already loaded with blanks; specifically, are actors allowed/encouraged to unload a prop gun to inspect the rounds to ensure that none are live ammo?

It sounds like any inspection is to be done before the firearm is loaded, and if for whatever reason, the firearm wasn't loaded in-situ, once the blank-loaded firearm is handed to the actor, there's no further unloading/messing about.

A) as you already mentioned, many actors aren't 'gun people' (not to mention a whole lot of 2 faced assholes who make millions off movies where they shoot guns, but turn aroynd and talk about how evil they are and no one should own them). I'm guessing  most of them just trust the armorer/prop master to hand them the prop, then do whatever the scene entails.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]

I feel horrible for the poor young woman and even more horrible for laughing at that as hard as I did. There would be no humor in this if Baldwin wasn't such a supreme cock sucker.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Baldwin fucked around and found out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do we know that?  There is a claim that the gun went off when filming the gun being drawn from a holster but the pictures of him in street clothes immediately after make me question if that is true.

Are there any official statements from investigators?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This fails the "too on the nose" filter.  Fake news.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#39]
What a shame...    

Too bad it wasn't a suicide scene they were shooting and the Commie, Bottom-Feeding, Sewer-Dwelling Puke "accidentally" shot himself between the eyes.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Join the military and you’ll get to point real guns loaded with blanks on your friends all the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

What's funny?

Last I checked Baldwin wasn’t military and he is probably wishing he didn’t point the gun at someone.

lol
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Generally frowned on, but we occasionally had loaded ones pointed at each other too. Well trained and well oiled teams, it's less of an issue - though there aren't too many people I'd trust to that level.

That really highlights the difference though doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

Maybe they were doing it for sound. Also remember they are going to be doing everything in their power to pawn this off on the nobody armorer and do everything to make Baldwin look innocent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Someone TLDR 17 pages? Sum up the shooting?
ETA
Wtf?! Shooting a prop gun? Absolute retards
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@Proto3

Curious about the standard practice with prop guns handed to them that are already loaded with blanks; specifically, are actors allowed/encouraged to unload a prop gun to inspect the rounds to ensure that none are live ammo?

It sounds like any inspection is to be done before the firearm is loaded, and if for whatever reason, the firearm wasn't loaded in-situ, once the blank-loaded firearm is handed to the actor, there's no further unloading/messing about.

A) as you already mentioned, many actors aren't 'gun people' (not to mention a whole lot of 2 faced assholes who make millions off movies where they shoot guns, but turn aroynd and talk about how evil they are and no one should own them). I'm guessing  most of them just trust the armorer/prop master to hand them the prop, then do whatever the scene entails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

@Proto3

Actors are not allowed to load/unload firearms. The armorer is the only one allowed to do that. Inspection is done prior to rolling the camera, and once we cut, the armorer takes the gun from the actor and makes it safe. If an actor wanted to re-check the loads the armorer would unload it then reload it.

I have personally never seen an actor question the armorer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

Thanks. That answers my question.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The 1st AD is on the hook. They are in charge of overall safety on set. They do all the safety meetings everyday as well. And the 1st AD position is not an entry level position. Any 1st AD has been on working on set for years, starting out as a production assistant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they are generally the most experienced person on set then? Didn't look like the main director had a lot of films under his belt.

Also starts another question?  Have you ever worked a set where the 1st AD has been this negligent?  I imagine it happens all the time, and it rarely catches up with people. But I honestly don't know.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

Example: I was on a show and we were using an M16 on full auto. Armorer walks up to the actor before rolling. Loads the mag, drops the bolt, turns it on “auto”. They dont even let the actors switch it from safe to auto. Then he handed the hot gun to the actor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Last I checked Baldwin wasn’t military and he is probably wishing he didn’t point the gun at someone.

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

What's funny?

lol

Nah, he just likes posing with them on camera to make cash and look cool. And talk trash on everyone that hasn't accidentally shot someone with theirs. Until... well ya know.. somebody else made him kill someone accidentally.

Everyone knows it's the influenza at fault and someone else's responsibility. /s
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How do we know that?  There is a claim that the gun went off when filming the gun being drawn from a holster but the pictures of him in street clothes immediately after make me question if that is true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That many factors never line up that perfectly in real life.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top