BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was an accident. Plain and simple.

Sucks. Same thing happened to Brandon Lee on the set of the Crow.
View Quote

Wonder if there is enough to change with manslaughter.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
He shouldn't play with guns. If it saves just one life.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well well well….anti gun douche shoots and kills someone with a gun.

Huh.
View Quote

Kind of ironic that he has more kills now than 99.99% of lawful gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
He is anti gun charge him

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/03/05/alec-baldwin-time-rethink-second-amendment/
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wish we had 2 other threads on this.  Oh wait we do.
View Quote

We really need an Alec Baldwin shoots people subforum.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Red October...
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Baldwin is on a killing spree today.
View Quote

Too bad somebody didn't return fire on his nut sack with a .454 Casull up in his panties. I can't stand that guy!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe he'll be so distraught that he'll actually suck a bullet out the barrel of a "real gun"

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Alec Baldwin was filming a scene for a movie that required someone to fire a gun loaded with blanks, but when the gun discharged either shrapnel or a bullet hit 2 people on set ... one of whom had to be airlifted to a hospital.
View Quote

This already sounds like they are whitewashing the whole thing.

“Someone”..  Maybe it wasn’t one of the bigest douchebags on the planet that killed her.

I’d like to believe this wouldn’t actually happen in 2021, considering how many times something like this happened before in the land of make believe.

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt the script called for pointing a gun at the director
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Read up on how Brandon Lee died sometime.  Short version: The producers / directors decided they didn't need the extra expense of the firearms expert on site, so they fired him.  Without him cleaning the guns, counting how many blanks went in each gun, how many dummy loads were recovered (Case, Bullet, dead primer and no powder), some of the chambers got a little dirty.   One 44 mag revolver; they had filmed it being loaded with dummy rounds, but in ejecting the rounds, due to fouling in the cylinder, a bullet pulled out of the case and remained in the cylinder.  At a later scene, with blanks loaded in the gun, the actor fired directly at Brandon Lee.  I can't remember if he died on scene or at the hospital.

Actors are typically given a prop, told what to do, and they perform.  There's supposed to be a responsible person handing out the prop guns, making sure there's nothing for the blank charge to push out the barrel, ect.  I'm willing to bet this isn't something Baldwin owns at all, unless he was the one acting as the expert in this case.  I don't like Baldwin, but I kind of doubt he is to blame here.  Will wait for better details.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope her family sues him for everything he's got...

Let them eat their own!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Wait. I thought he was anti-gun?
Why would he be holding one?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#15]
How hippo critical of him
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Alec Baldwin's prop gun has killed more people than any of mine
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He'll blame the prop department and sleep easy.
View Quote

Without knowing more details, he SHOULD blame the prop department. These days who the fuck supplies a prop gun capable of killing somebody? I thought those days were in the past.

I was under the impression they pretty much used airsoft type stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Now there's going to be a eulogy at the end of the movie and hopefully Alec says something about how guns must be banned
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm assuming movie blank guns have barrels that allow gases to exit the muzzle. It would give a more realistic image.I had a full auto 92r "replica" blank gun and the barrel was solid. There were two small port holes drilled near the end of the chamber to allow the gases to escape at a 45 degree angle from the top of the gun. It was cool, 9mm blanks are pricey when it's 15 rds in a couple seconds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yep.  Isn't this dude a big Anti-Gun Chote to begin with
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charge him with some sort of negligent homicide. Fuck Alec Baldwin.
Yep.  Isn't this dude a big Anti-Gun Chote to begin with

Until using a gun makes them money!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Without knowing more details, he SHOULD blame the prop department. These days who the fuck supplies a prop gun capable of killing somebody? I thought those days were in the past.

I was under the impression they pretty much used airsoft type stuff anymore.
View Quote

From what I understand,  if it has to be pointed at someone, they use a rubber gun.

If it fires blanks, it's filmed offset to ensure there isn't someone down range. Blanks are still be dangerous.

From what I'm reading around the net this involved him grabbing a blank gun not rubber gun, used for the scene and neglecting to check if it's loaded then pointing and firing it at a people on set.

Looks like several rules were broken. Several people should spend time a little further down highway 14 (state prison) for this, including Baldwin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Alec Baldwin has killed more people than my AR15 has.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So 2 injuries from a single round, or did this guy crank off two rounds from a single action revolver?

And another actor getting hit would make more sense, rather than a writer and director, but I guess they could be in the line
of fire based on the scene.

Just seems weird, besides the tragedy
View Quote

Alec Munden.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

False.

It was an accident. It was negligence by someone.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most people would spend the rest of their lives trying to make peace with the feeling that they were responsible.

I doubt he'll have that problem.
View Quote

That's a true statement
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wait. I thought he was anti-gun?
Why would he be holding one?
View Quote

Guns make him lots of money pleeb.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Wonder if production opted to use some cut rate armorers on this show. The real pros would never have let this happen. The best companies have incredible safety protocols and staff who don’t play around with this stuff.

And it IS odd that the DP and director were the ones catching the projectile / barrel obstruction.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too bad the script didn't call for him shooting himself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Assuming he did nothing but perform his role with the prop issued to him….it ain’t his fault.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Why is Alec Baldwin promoting gun violence by making movies with gun violence?

Hollywood's love of gun violence has no LITERALLY killed a woman. When will the madness stop? When will we ban movies that promote gun violence?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How many people have to be killed with a prop gun before they are deemed slightly dangerous?
How the fuck does a prop gun kill somebody?
View Quote

I'd heard of the Brandon Lee thing, but there was another a few years later. I think it was a costar of Kate Jackson on some detective show.  The dipshit put a blank pistol to his own temple and pulled the trigger. The powder charge and wad were enough to scramble his brain.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#33]
No fan of the man's politics but he's going to be living with this guilt for the rest of his life.  Shit show for all involved and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Assuming he did nothing but perform his role with the prop issued to him.it ain't his fault.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming he did nothing but perform his role with the prop issued to him.it ain't his fault.

No, it's absolutely his fault.

A woman is dead and he pulled the trigger.

If I handed you a gun and said "Here, shoot this," and then you pulled the trigger and killed a woman, then what do you think would happen to you?

You don't pull the fucking trigger on a gun until you're sure it's safe, or you want to kill what you're aiming at.

Don't give him a pass because he was making a movie. That doesn't change shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He is anti gun charge him

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/03/05/alec-baldwin-time-rethink-second-amendment/
View Quote

This.

If he's so anti gun, he never should have done any scenes with one, especially after making statements like that.

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#36]
That POS has harmed and killed more people than any of my guns! It’s tragic and yes it was accidental but I doubt someone like him will have any remorse over it. I will bet he will blame everyone else including Trump for it. He really is that much of a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If I handed you a gun and said "Here, shoot this," and then you pulled the trigger and killed a woman, then what do you think would happen to you?

You don't pull the fucking trigger on a gun until you're sure it's safe, or you want to kill what you're aiming at.

View Quote

Yes, yes it does.

That is literally how mens rea works.  There is utterly no possible expectation that an actor has to practice firearms safety with a prop weapon, that he is going to pretent to shoot people with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes, yes it does.

That is literally how mens rea works.  There is utterly no possible expectation that an actor has to practice firearms safety with a prop weapon, that he is going to pretent to shoot people with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, yes it does.

Tell that to the victim's family.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#41]
In before hollyweird bans guns in movies
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Alec Munden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So 2 injuries from a single round, or did this guy crank off two rounds from a single action revolver?

And another actor getting hit would make more sense, rather than a writer and director, but I guess they could be in the line
of fire based on the scene.

Just seems weird, besides the tragedy

Alec Munden.

*snort*
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tell that to the victim's family.
View Quote

An emotional argument....as powerful as it is, to a technical (legal) issue.

Dont do that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, yes it does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, yes it does.

I could go with that, if the producer was the actor that was supposed to be getting shot at. If he was goofing around with “prop” guns, it’s entirely his fault.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#45]
but was it really an accident
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#46]
You first, douche

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I could go with that, if the producer was the actor that was supposed to be getting shot at. If he was goofing around with “prop” guns, it’s entirely his fault.
View Quote

Oh, he is going to get sued.  There could be far more info that we dont know, but if he was given a prop gun that he was going to pretend to shoot people with, there isnt a reasonable expectation of the 4 rules.  

Most of yall are approching this issue as a gun issue (with a healthy "fuck that guy and hollywood" along with it)   if it was not a firearm at all, this is an equipment/equipment company liability issue.

If he was given any instructions and did not follow them, yeah, his culpability rises.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:32:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why is Alec Baldwin promoting gun violence by making movies with gun violence?

Hollywood's love of gun violence has no LITERALLY killed a woman. When will the madness stop? When will we ban movies that promote gun violence?
View Quote

Banning things with violence is what got us the goddamned commie pinko faggots runnin round all over hell’s half acre nowadays man

Who the hell wants to watch a movie with douchecanoes huddling in thier safe space singing kumbaya

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Too bad the script didn't call for him shooting himself.
View Quote
this may be dark, inappropriate, asshole-ish..... but it's the truth.  
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top