Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I always wondered what a piece of tail worth billions looked like.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Sources close to the investigation say Sanchez sent the sexts to a friend to show off about her relationship with the world’s richest man — and then the pal slipped the texts to the Enquirer.

“Lauren’s over the moon [about their relationship],” said a source. Link
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sources close to the investigation say Sanchez sent the sexts to a friend to show off about her relationship with the world's richest man  and then the pal slipped the texts to the Enquirer.

"Lauren's over the moon [about their relationship]," said a source. Link
View Quote
Loose lips?  Probably due to some type of exercise she's doing with those lips.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've heard the same arguement made in justification for alimony.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marrying someone doesn't make you their equal. You can marry up or down. Bezos is the Super Bowl champion of business. How much did she really contribute to that? Compensate her for what she actually contributed. Not some default "I want half, plus spousal support for life" BS.

True equality would mean nobody would ever pay spousal support again.
No offense but I'm sensing a bit of bias in your posts.
I am biased. I believe the divorce industry and family court system treat men and breadwinners unfairly.
Then you are arguing based on feels, not logic.

Stay at home parenting/spouse is rarely a unilateral decision, and no few men specifically desire to have a stay at home spouse. If a divorce happens, their obligations are commensurate with their share in that decision.

Yes, the stay at home can get a job. But not nearly as good a job as if they’d spent those years building their career rather than caring for hearth and home.
This, again.

This is the narrative I've seen here:

She could have a career, but women who focus on careers are not "good wife material." "Why can't she be happy staying home and raising my kids?" they opine. No, daycare is no good. They don't want some strangers taking care of the kids so the wife can continue her career. They want the mother to be at home!

But when there's a divorce, it's like, "She shouldn't get half of what I EARNED and she did NOTHING!!!"

Either having kids raised by their mom is worth something, or it isn't. If it isn't, don't bitch when she puts the kids in daycare and doesn't miss a day of work so she can aggressively build her career over the years. If it's worth something, then don't bitch when you get a divorce (again, assuming she wasn't cheating or being a horrible wife) and she ends up getting her "share."
In another thread, Bushboar (our resident divorce lawyer) is saying that sometimes alimony is justified (but awarded too often). I'm waiting to read what he means by that.

But I wasn't thinking of alimony per se (nor was I not thinking of it) but more...is her staying home with the kids and keeping the home (to avoid having the kids in daycare) worth something, or isn't it? If it's neither here nor there and makes absolutely no difference, then ALL mothers should have fulltime careers and the kids should always be in daycare.

Funny, I read a lot of comments from guys here where they lament that not enough women are happy being at home taking care of the family. So is her staying at home and being more family/kids/home-focused a good thing, or just her being a worthless leech who contributes nothing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In my experience, it's been the absolute refusal to work from the woman so she can "tend the home", meanwhile he comes home from work with the house dirty, no food, money spent, and the kid with her mom.
9 times out of 10 here in the south, it's what I've witnessed. They say that's the culture and want to not work while also being a strong woman and not doing housework because "feminism".
View Quote
Some see being a stay at home spouse as a sacrifice. I see it as early retirement. I would love to just lift, hike and shoot all day while someone else provided everything I needed and more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In another thread, Bushboar (our resident divorce lawyer) is saying that sometimes alimony is justified (but awarded too often). I'm waiting to read what he means by that.

But I wasn't thinking of alimony per se (nor was I not thinking of it) but more...is her staying home with the kids and keeping the home (to avoid having the kids in daycare) worth something, or isn't it? If it's neither here nor there and makes absolutely no difference, then ALL mothers should have fulltime careers and the kids should always be in daycare.

Funny, I read a lot of comments from guys here where they lament that not enough women are happy being at home taking care of the family. So is her staying at home and being more family/kids/home-focused a good thing, or just her being a worthless leech who contributes nothing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marrying someone doesn't make you their equal. You can marry up or down. Bezos is the Super Bowl champion of business. How much did she really contribute to that? Compensate her for what she actually contributed. Not some default "I want half, plus spousal support for life" BS.

True equality would mean nobody would ever pay spousal support again.
No offense but I'm sensing a bit of bias in your posts.
I am biased. I believe the divorce industry and family court system treat men and breadwinners unfairly.

Stay at home parenting/spouse is rarely a unilateral decision, and no few men specifically desire to have a stay at home spouse. If a divorce happens, their obligations are commensurate with their share in that decision.

Yes, the stay at home can get a job. But not nearly as good a job as if they’d spent those years building their career rather than caring for hearth and home.
This, again.

This is the narrative I've seen here:

She could have a career, but women who focus on careers are not "good wife material." "Why can't she be happy staying home and raising my kids?" they opine. No, daycare is no good. They don't want some strangers taking care of the kids so the wife can continue her career. They want the mother to be at home!

But when there's a divorce, it's like, "She shouldn't get half of what I EARNED and she did NOTHING!!!"

Either having kids raised by their mom is worth something, or it isn't. If it isn't, don't bitch when she puts the kids in daycare and doesn't miss a day of work so she can aggressively build her career over the years. If it's worth something, then don't bitch when you get a divorce (again, assuming she wasn't cheating or being a horrible wife) and she ends up getting her "share."

That is Bushboar's personal opinion on alimony, not legal opinion. There is a difference.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But I wasn't thinking of alimony per se (nor was I not thinking of it) but more...is her staying home with the kids and keeping the home (to avoid having the kids in daycare) worth something, or isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But I wasn't thinking of alimony per se (nor was I not thinking of it) but more...is her staying home with the kids and keeping the home (to avoid having the kids in daycare) worth something, or isn't it?
Its definitely worth something. Especially if he wanted kids. Less so if she brow beat him into having kids.

If it's neither here nor there and makes absolutely no difference, then ALL mothers should have fulltime careers and the kids should always be in daycare.

It can be both at different times. Being a stay at home spouse is a gift given by the breadwinner to the stay at home spouse. If the marriage fails, its time to step up and take care of yourself. Refusing to do so makes you a parasite.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is Bushboar's personal opinion on alimony, not legal opinion. There is a difference.
View Quote
But I'm curious to know the reason why he believes this. This is his living and I'll bet he knows stuff the rest of us don't and sees things the rest of us don't see.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't read all 10 pages, but has anyone mentioned that his new lady is 49?

Older than his wife!

That liberal cocksucker is doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like Bezos' girlfriend has lawyered up.   I don't see how she's going to get a windfall from this divorce.  
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/01/bezos-mistress-using-power-divorce-lawyer-wants-mediation-with-cuckold-talent-agent-hubby/
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its definitely worth something. Especially if he wanted kids. Less so if she brow beat him into having kids.

It can be both at different times. Being a stay at home spouse is a gift given by the breadwinner to the stay at home spouse. If the marriage fails, its time to step up and take care of yourself. Refusing to do so makes you a parasite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's neither here nor there and makes absolutely no difference, then ALL mothers should have fulltime careers and the kids should always be in daycare.

I wouldn't say that the breadwinner is just "gifting" the stay at home spouse with the ability to stay home. That's just your spin on it. The breadwinner has a career that is intact and presumably advancing, and the stay at home spouse has limited or "fallen behind" on their career because they were out of the workplace for a long period of time. The stay at home spouse has gifted the breadwinner spouse with the opportunity to keep working with no interruption. I mean, I assume that both spouses want the kids to be well taken care of and have agreed on who should stay home in order to do that.

I've heard many guys basically shrug their shoulders and say, "Tough shit" if the stay at home spouse has a shitty career after a divorce. So what? That was their choice.

If that's the case, neither spouse should ever miss a day of work. And I'll add, they shouldn't cut their hours, shouldn't forgo out of town business trips, shouldn't miss overtime, shouldn't have a lower-paying job (which has more flexible hours to accommodate picking the kid up from school or taking them to appointments) either. Split the duties 50/50. Otherwise, the spouse who makes more concessions or downgrades their career (or just doesn't have one anymore in order to take care of the kids) has damaged their earning potential. When the other spouse then responds like, "tough shit for you"? Screw that. Obviously, the stay at home spouse's contribution was worthless and they should have never done it to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe It's just me but I find his wife in that red long dress more attractive than Sanchez.

If he doesn't lose 30-50% of his assets, I'll be surprised.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In before "screen name?"
View Quote
I thought it would be painfully obvious at this point.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wouldn't say that the breadwinner is just "gifting" the stay at home spouse with the ability to stay home. That's just your spin on it. The breadwinner has a career that is intact and presumably advancing, and the stay at home spouse has limited or "fallen behind" on their career because they were out of the workplace for a long period of time. The stay at home spouse has gifted the breadwinner spouse with the opportunity to keep working with no interruption. I mean, I assume that both spouses want the kids to be well taken care of and have agreed on who should stay home in order to do that.

I've heard many guys basically shrug their shoulders and say, "Tough shit" if the stay at home spouse has a shitty career after a divorce. So what? That was their choice.

If that's the case, neither spouse should ever miss a day of work. And I'll add, they shouldn't cut their hours, shouldn't forgo out of town business trips, shouldn't miss overtime, shouldn't have a lower-paying job (which has more flexible hours to accommodate picking the kid up from school or taking them to appointments) either. Split the duties 50/50. Otherwise, the spouse who makes more concessions or downgrades their career (or just doesn't have one anymore in order to take care of the kids) has damaged their earning potential. When the other spouse then responds like, "tough shit for you"? Screw that. Obviously, the stay at home spouse's contribution was worthless and they should have never done it to begin with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you are for splitting of marital assessments (not pre), but no alimony?  Just so that we are on the same page.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Loose lips?  Probably due to some type of exercise she's doing with those lips.  
View Quote
Maybe they're loose because the need to be re-inflated?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bezos is crazy, he needs to throttle back. Acts like he's been in a 25 marriage and just met a hot chick for the first time.

TEXTS TO SANCHEZ

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/74ac3cba-802e-4b4f-b816-0db31c320dfd.png

More
View Quote
Like I said before, that's an inexperienced dick working at 110% power to fuck your life up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I think it's funny how some people here equate their own experiences of parenthood to those of multi-billonaires. Unless you have nannies,kitchen staff and personal assistants you have no idea what its like to be a billionaire parent of kids. Also,to assume there wasn't some sort of open marriage agreement from a relationship gone wrong years ago is foolish.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, you are for splitting of marital assessments (not pre), but no alimony?  Just so that we are on the same page.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea. Bushboar sees a lot of things I haven't seen. I'm still curious to find out why he believes what he believes.

I'll give an outlier scenario where I'd be okay with alimony, though:

Guy marries an old-fashioned 18-year-old traditional (maybe Catholic?) girl who just graduated high school and who has only aspirations for home and family. That's what he wants, that's what she wants. She does a great job with the home and kids. Fast forward 20 years and he's got a great career and she's "just a homemaker." He starts to have an affair and wants to dump his simple, loving, decent, hard-working wife. But she's never had a job, never went to college and he WANTED her like that (and she was okay with it too).

I say she gets alimony, she goes to college and studies for a career. I don't know how long she gets alimony but a pretty damn long time because by this time she's 38 and is starting from square one and she did NOTHING wrong and he knew what she was like when he married her and he wanted her exactly the way she was. Until he didn't. That comes at a price and he should pay.

Most marriages aren't like this, but the ones who are at least somewhat close to this? I don't think alimony is so terrible.

The marriages where the wife is shitty at keeping the home and is screwing the pool boy? Where the husband encourages her to study and pursue an education and even though she's perfectly capable of doing so, she refuses (and she's shitty at caring for the home)? Where there aren't even any kids but she quits her career (not at his urging) because she's married and thinks she shouldn't have to work anymore? Nope.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is there such a thing as a G rated dick pic?
View Quote
It depends on the size...

After reading that faggy text message, I’m pretty sure his was G rated.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have no idea. Bushboar sees a lot of things I haven't seen. I'm still curious to find out why he believes what he believes.

Guy marries an old-fashioned 18-year-old traditional (maybe Catholic?) girl who just graduated high school and who has only aspirations for home and family. That's what he wants, that's what she wants. She does a great job with the home and kids. Fast forward 20 years and he's got a great career and she's "just a homemaker." He starts to have an affair and wants to dump his simple, loving, decent, hard-working wife. But she's never had a job, never went to college and he WANTED her like that (and she was okay with it too).

I say she gets alimony, she goes to college and studies for a career. I don't know how long she gets alimony but a pretty damn long time because by this time she's 38 and is starting from square one and she did NOTHING wrong and he knew what she was like when he married her and he wanted her exactly the way she was. Until he didn't. That comes at a price and he should pay.

Most marriages aren't like this, but the ones who are at least somewhat close to this? I don't think alimony is so terrible.

The marriages where the wife is shitty at keeping the home and is screwing the pool boy? Where the husband encourages her to study and pursue an education and even though she's perfectly capable of doing so, she refuses (and she's shitty at caring for the home)? Where there aren't even any kids but she quits her career (not at his urging) because she's married and thinks she shouldn't have to work anymore? Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, you are putting the caveat on what she can do with the alimony checks.

Why not just say he has to provide tuition money for education? Maybe a trade school? If the goal is to get her on her feet again, then it should be limited to those means.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why not just say he has to provide tuition money for education? Maybe a trade school? If the goal is to get her on her feet again, then it should be limited to those means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. She should be supported by him while she studies. And it might take years. I'm not saying that she should live in opulent luxury and be lazy while "pretending" to study. But she shouldn't be worrying about where her rent check is coming from while she navigates a new and unfamiliar world because she's never been to college or had a job before.

Screw him. She lived up to her half of their agreement and he didn't. She did a damn good job and he decided to throw it all away. She married him with the old-fashioned understanding that he would take care of her for the rest of her life if she was a good wife and mother. He's broken the contract and while I don't think he should necessarily pay her for the rest of her life (or pay crushingly high alimony checks), she shouldn't be given the bum rush and "take some classes at the local junior college, hun and you'll be fine" either.

Most marriages aren't like this, but the ones who are? Alimony for the trusting spouse who kept their part of the bargain (and are in a vulnerable economic position because of it) is not out of line.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think it's funny how some people here equate their own experiences of parenthood to those of multi-billonaires. Unless you have nannies,kitchen staff and personal assistants you have no idea what its like to be a billionaire parent of kids. Also,to assume there wasn't some sort of open marriage agreement from a relationship gone wrong years ago is foolish.
View Quote
Exactly this. She lived a life of inconceivable luxury on his back.  She could never have achieved that lifestyle or anywhere near it.

She should pay him.

Or at least, if he has to pay her, she should be available to provide all the "services" she supposedly provided during the marriage (that the staff really did) and be sexually available too. If he wants her old ass.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But I'm curious to know the reason why he believes this. This is his living and I'll bet he knows stuff the rest of us don't and sees things the rest of us don't see.
View Quote
I wouldn't have much trouble gathering together a small group of divorced dads who have 30 years of experience with the Family Courts.  I could certainly pass the family law section of the Maryland Bar Exam.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope. She should be supported by him while she studies. And it might take years. I'm not saying that she should live in opulent luxury and be lazy while "pretending" to study. But she shouldn't be worrying about where her rent check is coming from while she navigates a new and unfamiliar world because she's never been to college or had a job before.

Screw him. She lived up to her half of their agreement and he didn't. She did a damn good job and he decided to throw it all away. She married him with the old-fashioned understanding that he would take care of her for the rest of her life if she was a good wife and mother. He's broken the contract and while I don't think he should necessarily pay her for the rest of her life (or pay crushingly high alimony checks), she shouldn't be given the bum rush and "take some classes at the local junior college, hun and you'll be fine" either.

Most marriages aren't like this, but the ones who are? Alimony for the trusting spouse who kept their part of the bargain (and are in a vulnerable economic position because of it) is not out of line.
View Quote
Your post is coming across that alimony is to be used as a form of revenge, rather than a source of money / revenue to support oneself back on their feet.

Why? Because there is no system to force her to study, or even find a way to support herself while under the umbrella of alimony.  There is no 'checks and balances' to ensure that if the sole purpose of alimony is to provide oneself a means of becoming independent and back on their feet, that the money should be used for such. Your second comment of not living in a life of luxury while pretending to study shouldn't happen, but you have no say in the matter. You only WISH for her not to do it, but you DEMAND for him to pay for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Feminist: Women are the equal of men.

Also Feminist: Divorced women need a man to support them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You also assume both parties have an equal desire to have children which is rarely the case.

it is a choice. In fact for many its a dream come true. Work is something reluctantly done to pay the bills. Being able to stay home and not work is like vacation or retirement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe It's just me but I find his wife in that red long dress more attractive than Sanchez.

If he doesn't lose 30-50% of his assets, I'll be surprised.
View Quote
Not just you. The new one looks like she's auditioning for a role as the Joker or trying to get a walk on role as Kim Kardashian's aunt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/PORse0j.png

Sources close to the investigation say Sanchez sent the sexts to a friend to show off about her relationship with the world’s richest man — and then the pal slipped the texts to the Enquirer.

“Lauren’s over the moon [about their relationship],” said a source. Link
View Quote
She wanted the world to know, especially his wife.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Or she was aware and accepting as long as it remained under the radar. But when the Enquirer broke the story she had to eject to publicly save face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was all going on for more than four months.

He literally lived with this chick on the road for a year and his wife feigned to notice.

Obviously the wife checked out before he did.
Either she trusted her husband to behave himself when he was out of her sight ( how many men have been duped for months or even years?), or she was pulling a Stepford until he came to her and told her he was leaving her for another man’s wife.
Or she was aware and accepting as long as it remained under the radar. But when the Enquirer broke the story she had to eject to publicly save face.
Possibly, although good ol’ Hillary showed that you can continue on even in the face of very public infidelity. No telling, really.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In my experience, it's been the absolute refusal to work from the woman so she can "tend the home", meanwhile he comes home from work with the house dirty, no food, money spent, and the kid with her mom.
9 times out of 10 here in the south, it's what I've witnessed. They say that's the culture and want to not work while also being a strong woman and not doing housework because "feminism".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve seen a little of both.

Ok, a lot of both.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I think some of you may be focussing on this from a "if she hadn't been there he wouldn't have had that career" perspective.

Whereas the other side could just as easily be "if she hadn't been there he wouldn't have had that family."

Folks seem to be assuming the male would choose family over career.  It's understandable as females tend to think that way.

But men may (much more often) not.

I understand where you're coming from.  Just pointing out that it's very much a matter of perspectives which are based on fundamental drives that may not be true for the other half of the equation.

And that is part of why you're talking past one another.

The one side sees the career as the value given. "She enabled him to have a career."  vs The other sees the home / family as the value given. "No, she enabled him to have a family."
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some see being a stay at home spouse as a sacrifice. I see it as early retirement. I would love to just lift, hike and shoot all day while someone else provided everything I needed and more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting that you think that’s all being a stay at home involves.

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Cook breakfast for kids and get them out the door to drop son off at school
Grocery shopping if needed (usually 2-3 times per week)
Vacuuming, dusting, picking up clutter, wash dishes, various “deep cleaning” like baseboards, cleaning refrigerator out, scrubbing tubs and showers, etc
Prepare morning snack for daughter
Walk dogs
Playtime with daughter (painting, coloring, play doh, legos, tea party, etc)
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Put daughter to bed for nap
Clean up morning play time clutter
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Clean up afternoon clutter
Get ready for bed.

There’s very little down time. I’ll occasionally get 10-15 minutes of unassigned time here and there, but it’s not a lot. The schedule varies if I have other errands to run or something else thrown in there, but that’s the daily grind. No time for recreational activities that don’t involve a toddler.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think some of you may be focussing on this from a "if she hadn't been there he wouldn't have had that career" perspective.

Whereas the other side could just as easily be "if she hadn't been there he wouldn't have had that family."

Folks seem to be assuming the male would choose family over career.  It's understandable as females tend to think that way.

But men may (much more often) not.

I understand where you're coming from.  Just pointing out that it's very much a matter of perspectives which are based on fundamental drives that may not be true for the other half of the equation.

And that is part of why you're talking past one another.

The one side sees the career as the value given. "She enabled him to have a career."  vs The other sees the home / family as the value given. "No, she enabled him to have a family."
View Quote
Vs  He enabled her to have a family.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Vacuuming, dusting, picking up clutter, wash dishes, various “deep cleaning” like baseboards, cleaning refrigerator out, scrubbing tubs and showers, etc
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

There’s very little down time. I’ll occasionally get 10-15 minutes of unassigned time here and there, but it’s not a lot. The schedule varies if I have other errands to run or something else thrown in there, but that’s the daily grind. No time for recreational activities that don’t involve a toddler.
View Quote
I've been raising two children while working 42-60 hours a week.  I clean my entire 4 bedroom house in 90 minutes. i usually get up at 0400 and try to get to bed by 2200.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

And in the case of Bezos wife, who may have people hired to do all that,  does it change anything?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

View Quote
110k posts in 5 yrs,

You got more free time than aimless
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Feminist: Women are the equal of men.

Also Feminist: Divorced women need a man to support them.
View Quote
I can’t speak for others, but i’d treat a stay at home spouse in a gender blind fashion. I don’t care if it’s mom or dad staying at home. If they perform their role diligently and well, the working spouse doesn’t get to screw them over when that working spouse decides pastures elsewhere are greener.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

View Quote
lol...110k posts in 5 years,and that's just this forum..I think you have a lot more free time than you are admitting to help support your argument.

I realize that every housewife thinks what she does is priceless,or in Bezos's case, worth billions of dollars a year...But a price can be put on it in the form of a nannie,which would be in the 6 figure range per year.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've been raising two children while working 42-60 hours a week.  I clean my entire 4 bedroom house in 90 minutes. i usually get up at 0400 and try to get to bed by 2200.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

A) Safe bet that your kids are older than 6
B) Seems that you aren’t spending 2 hours a day driving to and from school
C) Doubt you’re there when your kids get home from school, which means someone else is watching them or they are unattended

You gave no details of your daily schedule other than wake up/bedtime, how many hours you work, and that you spend 90 minutes cleaning your house (daily? weekly? monthly? I don’t know). So, yeah.
Having someone else around means someone else is doing that work and you don’t have to. Your ex-spouse isn’t indicative of all spouses, and being a stay at home is far from a vacation if the person is actually pulling their weight.

You’re admittedly biased. Your situation is far from ideal. When you can quit projecting that onto other situations, you might be able to realize that things are more nuanced than you previously thought.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And in the case of Bezos wife, who may have people hired to do all that,  does it change anything?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

Her schedule would probably look different from my own, but would also likely be very full. Wives of powerful businessmen are expected to schmooze other wives (whether they like them or not is immaterial), play hostess, organize charitable events and other occasions, keep themselves in a very particular manner, and run their household staff, as well as any myriad number of other things their husbands need them to do. It’s not all luxury vacations and sleeping in late and ringing a bell for room service.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
110k posts in 5 yrs,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

110k posts in 5 yrs,

I’m good at multitasking.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
lol...110k posts in 5 years,and that's just this forum..I think you have a lot more free time than you are admitting to help support your argument.

I realize that every housewife thinks what she does is priceless,or in Bezos's case, worth billions of dollars a year...But a price can be put on it in the form of a nannie,which would be in the 6 figure range per year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

Like I said, i’m good at multitasking. Just put the daughter in bed for a nap, now i’m Doing dinner prep.

ETA: and that count takes a grand total of less than 30 minutes/day usually while i’m doing other things as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Like I said, i’m good at multitasking. Just put the daughter in bed for a nap, now i’m Doing dinner prep.

ETA: and that count takes a grand total of less than 30 minutes/day usually while i’m doing other things as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#45]
He owns 300k acres of land in Texas.  Has multiple houses in multiple states.  She's gonna get paid.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#46]
And in a community property state.

This is liable to be the costliest divorce in history.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my schedule:

Up at 0530
Walk dogs
Prepare lunch
Clean kitchen
Begin dinner prep
Groom and train dogs
Get daughter ready to go
Drive to get son
Prepare supper
Clean kitchen
Bathe daughter
Get daughter to bed
Evening time with son
Son to bed
Get ready for bed.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WateryIlliterateAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif
Might shock you, but I also have a full time job!

One that is spent waiting for something to happen so I can handle it and wait for the next thing to happen. I have far more downtime at my job than I do at home with the kids on my off days.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#48]
What a dumbass twat. She could have milked that for a long time... maybe eventually been wife #2 of a billionaire. Now she's busted and will have nothing to show for it except her picture on the cover of a tabloid rag.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You also assume both parties have an equal desire to have children which is rarely the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. I see. So the children are an unwanted burden to one spouse? Or somehow...less than enthusiastically welcomed? How did that happen? Did that spouse get married with the assumption that no children would materialize?

it is a choice. In fact for many its a dream come true. Work is something reluctantly done to pay the bills. Being able to stay home and not work is like vacation or retirement.
It's becoming increasingly clear to me that for some of you guys, being a stay at home parent in order to keep the kids out of daycare is a valueless, financially perilous choice. All it does is keep that spouse out of the workplace, lower their earning potential for the rest of their life.

Since that is the case, when presented with the opportunity, nobody should ever do it again. Off to daycare the kids should go.

But that doesn't line up with the many guys who lament that more women aren't willing to make that choice.

Furthermore, no one spouse should ever take a lower-paying job (with more flexible hours, to accommodate child care), or downgrade their career in any way to better schedule childcare, just so the other spouse doesn't have to. That, too, will end up biting them in the butt. At least the way you (and a few others here) talk, it definitely would and should.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ah. I see. So the children are an unwanted burden to one spouse? Or somehow...less than enthusiastically welcomed? How did that happen? Did that spouse get married with the assumption that no children would materialize?

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that for some of you guys, being a stay at home parent in order to keep the kids out of daycare is a valueless, financially perilous choice. All it does is keep that spouse out of the workplace, lower their earning potential for the rest of their life.

Since that is the case, when presented with the opportunity, nobody should ever do it again. Off to daycare the kids should go.

But that doesn't line up with the many guys who lament that more women aren't willing to make that choice.

Furthermore, no one spouse should ever take a lower-paying job (with more flexible hours, to accommodate child care), or downgrade their career in any way to better schedule childcare, just so the other spouse doesn't have to. That, too, will end up biting them in the butt. At least the way you (and a few others here) talk, it definitely would and should.
View Quote
And with a hard-nosed ME FIRST attitude like that, i’m quite sure those marriages are destined for extreme longevity and wild success.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top