Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Good price for that too, but I know I'd leave the other crap that comes with it just laying around.  Wish the amazon one was .22, as I already have a bunch of .22 pellets.  Ah well.  Ordered the .177.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had one of those in .22

was fun to plink with

I still do, but it won't hold air . I should see if it can be fixed.

Just buy a new one for $39. I doubt you could fix the old one for less.

I'm pretty sure he could, actually.  Crosman's support people are really good about parts orders and knowledge, and many of the components are actually COTS stuff that can be ordered from McMaster Carr and the like.  I believe the gaskets could be gotten either way, but McMaster will probably only sell them in quantity.  

There's a small ball bearing in the safety that likes to go "ping" and disappear when the assembly is disassembled by hamfisted morons like me.  I lost it, called up support asking to order a replacement.  "Oh, those are easy to lose, let's just send you a few of 'em gratis".  I love Crosman.

Also the $39 one is in .177 caliber . The one I have is in .22 and was given to me when I was a kid by my late grandfather. I would really like to have it back up and running again to teach my boys how to shoot on as well.

Go here, find your exact model.  They'll have parts lists.  You can use google to cross reference some parts to their commercial equivalents at Mcmaster or wherever, or use the crosman part number to order direct from them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good price for that too, but I know I'd leave the other crap that comes with it just laying around.  Wish the amazon one was .22, as I already have a bunch of .22 pellets.  Ah well.  Ordered the .177.

You can convert the .177 to a .22.  The models are very close to identical except for these parts, shamelessly cut-n-pasted from some other website:

You will need the proper 22xx barrel, see the Replacement Barrel section in the FAQ for the correct part number. The 2240 will not work for this, it is 7.5" long. You will also need a 2289 barrel band - P/N 788B011, a barrel band set screw - P/N 781A012, a 22 Caliber bolt - P/N 1322-063 and a 22 Caliber bolt o-ring - P/N 970-028.

The barrel length only matters if you want to keep it down to stock size.  For a longer barrel (and there's tons out there in .177 and .22 both, to include high grade match barrels), you just need that barrel and either a barrel band you don't mind drilling out to fit, or one built for the longer barrel.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot, just bought a bb gun

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can convert the .177 to a .22.  The models are very close to identical except for these parts, shamelessly cut-n-pasted from some other website:

You will need the proper 22xx barrel, see the Replacement Barrel section in the FAQ for the correct part number. The 2240 will not work for this, it is 7.5" long. You will also need a 2289 barrel band - P/N 788B011, a barrel band set screw - P/N 781A012, a 22 Caliber bolt - P/N 1322-063 and a 22 Caliber bolt o-ring - P/N 970-028.

The barrel length only matters if you want to keep it down to stock size.  For a longer barrel (and there's tons out there in .177 and .22 both, to include high grade match barrels), you just need that barrel and either a barrel band you don't mind drilling out to fit, or one built for the longer barrel.

Neat.  I'll look into that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
For those looking for a .22, walmart has this deal going on right now.  It's more than the amazon .177 deal, but comes with a rifle stock, pellets and a backpack for $69.  Not equal, but another option!
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?affillinktype=10&dest=9999999997&product_id=21311833&sourceid=42427513220555011351&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

Woot, go me for leaving this up and forgetting to post earlier today.

Apparently I'm not the only one here who frequents slickdeals as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
i bought one, damn it!  does the steel breach help its preformance?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
And I thought I was going to start saving in 2013

2,100 rounds of .22lr yesterday and now one of these
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought one.

Somewhere I have an old one from the '60s of my dad's that doesn't work, but I'll swap the real wood stocks off of it to this new one.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I still have mine from around 1985. Still holds air.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I still have mine from around 1985. Still holds air.

If you keep a couple pumps of air in them when you store them they should last a lifetime.

I've used Rem-Oil to give old seals new life.

The super pumper forend is a great upgrade. That "coon paw" sized forend it comes with will pinch the shit out of ya.

BTW...Cut off ONE coil on the trigger spring....Thank me later.

Cut off two and you will be cussing me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Well crap. I bought the one on AMZN when I saw this thread this morn. Then I saw the WMT deal and had to have that one. Now I got 2 airguns coming that I will probably never use
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Shoot it some first.  The steel breech does tighten it up but it loses you your rear sight, so that's either got to be made up with an aftermarket rear sight or some kind of optic.  The stock sights aren't *too* bad for basic backyard fun though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I use mine to check if my Chrony is good-to-go before
taking measurements.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#17]
These are kinda like the ar of pellet guns. I've spent over $300 on mine before I realized I probobly should have bought one of the higher end guns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've spent over $300 on mine before I realized I probobly should have bought one of the higher end guns.

Bah! Where's the fun in that?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's man advantage is that it's grooved for tip-off scope rings. If memory serves they are about $50.00 directly from Crossman. You can get a barrel mounted  clamp-on set for about $15.00 but I don't care for them much.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've spent over $300 on mine before I realized I probobly should have bought one of the higher end guns.

Get a Marauder pistol and you get the same shoulder stock.  Plus you get a repeater.  3000 PSI compared with around 900 PSI for the 1377.  30 shots per fill, takes about 40 strokes on the pump to fill.  Rifle performance in a pistol, what is not to like?

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Get a Marauder pistol and you get the same shoulder stock.  Plus you get a repeater.  3000 PSI compared with around 900 PSI for the 1377.  30 shots per fill, takes about 40 strokes on the pump to fill.  Rifle performance in a pistol, what is not to like?

Oh. That's where the fun in that is.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

There is something to say for not being tied down to getting a Scuba tank filled, or using an external pump, though.  Also, the Marauder is $300-$400.

I have a Webley FX-2000 (finally remembered what it was, couldn't think of it earlier while I was at work,) that I got tired of dealing with the pump really quick.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Bought one....dammit.

I have my old crossman 1389 thts busted.  I'll swap the stock and scope over
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Gee thanks a fucking lot......Dammit I just ordered one. Oh well....Off to Crosman now to order a steel breech and to Ebay for a  trigger shoe.  

WTF I'll do with the extra junk that comes with it I don't have a clue.

BTW....The steel breech for either .177 or .22 is $45.15 shipped.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Ah, didn't need to see these deals. Must. Resist...
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The $39 Amazon deal is out of stock now.  Arfcom and Slickdeals bought them all!

Edit:

According to Slickdeals posters, it goes in and out of stock, so just keep checking the link if you wanted the Amazon one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Even at it's regular price, I think it's a buy.  It was a hell of a good deal though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered on on prime for 39.99. Keep refreshing and you can still get in. Dont look at the main part of the page, look at the right hand column...see attached pic

http://i.imgur.com/LCqTE.png
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

was fun to plink with

Just buy a new one for $39. I doubt you could fix the old one for less.

I'm pretty sure he could, actually.  Crosman's support people are really good about parts orders and knowledge, and many of the components are actually COTS stuff that can be ordered from McMaster Carr and the like.  I believe the gaskets could be gotten either way, but McMaster will probably only sell them in quantity.  

There's a small ball bearing in the safety that likes to go "ping" and disappear when the assembly is disassembled by hamfisted morons like me.  I lost it, called up support asking to order a replacement.  "Oh, those are easy to lose, let's just send you a few of 'em gratis".  I love Crosman.

Also the $39 one is in .177 caliber . The one I have is in .22 and was given to me when I was a kid by my late grandfather. I would really like to have it back up and running again to teach my boys how to shoot on as well.

Go here, find your exact model.  They'll have parts lists.  You can use google to cross reference some parts to their commercial equivalents at Mcmaster or wherever, or use the crosman part number to order direct from them.

Thanks , I have a 1322 Medalist , I will give it a go.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#30]

So now I ordered one of these and I checked the price to have it shipped to my house.  $1.97   less than two dollars, how can they do that?

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#31]
My 1322 had every Mellon air upgrade, the chavka barrel band, don cothran safety. Steel breech, Williams sights. Pistol marauder ( 2 stage almost match) trigger. 14.5 barrel and a tko Suppressor. Actually have a spare haha. The trigger groups have alot of flash on them so I sanded mine down slick and alumahyde 2 them. Drilled out the valve for increased volume also.

It is nice but when you have to pump it 20-30 times for maximum power it gets a little old. I usually plink out back at 7 pumps
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bought one....dammit.

I have my old crossman 1389 thts busted.  I'll swap the stock and scope over

If I'm not mistaken the 1389 is pretty sought after, might be worth it to ebay it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Will the first aid kit help if you shoot your eye out?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks alot, just bought a bb gun

http://goo.gl/H9XbG

Pellets, not BBs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Any panic buying going on in here?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's a good place to buy accessories. They ship fast. They're always sending me coupon codes.

Pyramyd Air
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So now I ordered one of these and I checked the price to have it shipped to my house.  $1.97   less than two dollars, how can they do that?

Well they did charge $3 and some change tax but at least they take PayPal....So it really cost me half that as all my PP bucks come from EBay sales.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do...   Not...  Need...  Must....  Save...  Money...

But they are cool as a carbine.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nxcPbu4fL.jpg

I'd love one with the backpacker stock.

I want one like this.  Where did you find this one?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

was fun to plink with

My 761xl no longer holds air, so I got a refurbished one of these in .177 with a stock.  Good for the kids to learn

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes, everyone gaze jealously.  A new gun amidst the panic.  Still wish I would have bought the Wal Mart package, though.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Nice . . . . . thanks for the link.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Sooooo....................when do we start having postal matches ?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can't ship to Michigan.

Thank you for making me safer, state government!!

There are ways...

My parents live just south of the MI state line.

Even though this is a hell of a deal, not worth the hassle for what amounts to an impulse buy.

The funny part about the MI air pistol law is that virtually noone, even pretty serious gun guys and LEO seemed to know that that they needed the same "safety inspection" as a .50AE Desert Eagle when I was there.

Its easier to have a target air pistol in the UK.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#44]
you guys do know ( im almost sure ) crosman will fix there guns for free just send it to them . ive done it but it was years ago .

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm wasting some time at work.  Brought the box out back and took 10 shots about 10 yards away resting on a door.

The first 5 were to the left, so I adjusted the rear sight and took another 5 and cleaned it up a bit.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do...   Not...  Need...  Must....  Save...  Money...

But they are cool as a carbine.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nxcPbu4fL.jpg

I'd love one with the backpacker stock.

I want one like this.  Where did you find this one?

I just searched BING for pics.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Damn you Arfcom,
I could have resisted the Walmart .22 kit if I didn't have a gift card from Christmas.

Oh well

Must not upgrade
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#48]
To this day, the most accurate pistol I've ever shot.

Fuck it, I'm sold.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

My 1322 had every Mellon air upgrade, the chavka barrel band, don cothran safety. Steel breech, Williams sights. Pistol marauder ( 2 stage almost match) trigger. 14.5 barrel and a tko Suppressor. Actually have a spare haha. The trigger groups have alot of flash on them so I sanded mine down slick and alumahyde 2 them. Drilled out the valve for increased volume also.
It is nice but when you have to pump it 20-30 times for maximum power it gets a little old. I usually plink out back at 7 pumps

Get the flat top piston conversion (mine might be mellon - but I think I got the steel front pin from him rather than the flat top piston), it makes it easier and more efficient to pump.  It also does not max out at 7 strokes (lawyer design) like the stock one.  The stock one has some dead air space inside the seal.  The gun will compress the stroke into that dead air space - which will define the maximum pressure generated by the stroke.  Eliminating the dead air space removes the maximum pressure restriction (and allows you to put a ton more stress on the rest of the gun).  You should really replace the roller pin when you replace the piston, as the stock roller pin is the next weakest link and will bend fairly easily.  The next weakest link is the handle - but it can take a bit more than that pin can.  This is about a $25 upgrade and a really good one.
The steel breach is probably a $50 upgrade - but it is the next best thing to do.  It allows you to add a scope, a Williams sight or an lpa sight (if you get the right steel breach).  For maximum accuracy, reasearch the taco hold - it involves holding the pistol near your face like it is a rifle.  You can use a Williams peep sight or a rifle scope that way.  Much steadier than extended arms.
Don Cothran's roller trigger (which is a design he stole, but I waited 2 years and could not get one from the original inventor), is the best of the cheaper trigger upgrades.  The PRod trigger is better - but not sure about how it fits or costs (I do not have mine on a 1377, but a pcp crosman).  I also have another that is better than the roller trigger, but cost 2x as much.
I did a little valve work, but not much.  I would not have done the valve work, but my valve was giving me problems so I needed to open it up and clean it.  I really do not recall if I changed the valve spring or not.
Cheaper and easier to start with a Custom Shop one than to do the build from scratch, but not as much fun.  Think my custom furniture was from rb grips.  But that is just pimping.

----------------

Seriiously consider getting 2240 over the 1377.  The co2 version is more fun to shoot (abet quite loud).  It uses almost all the same parts - only replacing the pump and piston with a co2 cartridge.  Some have modified it for bulk fill.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Glad I found this thread!

Can anyone recommend a good semi-auto air rifle suitable for most small game? What FPS would be acceptable? Here's the stoopid question: would any air rifle be suitable for home defense in event of a firearms ban?

ETA - It look like this might do the trick... Marauder Air Rifle
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top