Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The French Revolution led to an era of darkness and was one of the worst things that has happened to France.

Le roi est mort, vive le roi.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33069/2020-08-02-12_jpg-2885177.JPG
View Quote

Arguably france had seared her national conscience much earlier, with the st. bartholomew day massacre being an outward symptom of it.

I don't know when, but that sort of horror had found a route into their national culture, as a real possible thing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So what you're saying is neither a monarchy nor a constitutional federal republic is capable of stopping human nature.

That's a real convincing argument you have there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess what system of government allowed Hitler to rise to power?

That's right - a constitutional federal republic.

People often forget that Hitler didn't end up the dictator of a one-party state as a result of revolution or coup or anything like that.  He came to power in a completely legal way in a democratic constitutional republic. (The Reichstag Fire Decree by President Hindenburg was legal and consistent with the Weimar Republic Constitution, which means that the Enabling Law of 1933 was legal.)

So what you're saying is neither a monarchy nor a constitutional federal republic is capable of stopping human nature.

That's a real convincing argument you have there.

No system we come up with will stop  human nature. We can't do it.

We will be re-founding and fighting these same fights until the second coming.

Only God can change what is broken in man's makeup.

There are, imo, better or worse systems of government, in that some recognize the corruption of human nature and seek to fight it, where others do not.

Monarchy is worse than constitional republics because monarchy piles a huge amount onto one human.

"regicide works" ... only to kill the king. Not more. Not less. Look at the history of regicides, and what came after. After a regicide, you only get what you always get - whatever is in the character and culture of the people that killed the king. There isn't anything else to get.

IMO yall are wearing some rose-colored glasses.

ETA: I frankly suspect we get more by doing what we can to fix the foundation stones - culture - by fixing people. It's an inherently local effort, even when the local is working to fix industries with a global reach.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The USA had systematically murdered 60+ million people since 1973.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: but no democracy has committed the mass democide that was the hallmark of the 20th century.    

The USA had systematically murdered 60+ million people since 1973.

Oh, but those aren't people, not humans, not really, they only look like it, your eyes are decieving you.

Because the person in control over the pregnancy says so.

(almost exactly the same justification the slavers used, except more brutal and with a worse result)
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LOL

The United States in the span of thirty years forcibly sterilized 1/3 of the entire female population of Puerto Rico.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing stops human nature.  And whether Hitler got to power by democratic means or not he certainly didn't maintain a democracy.  He couldn't and do what he did.   In a perverse way he superficially took the responsibility off the German people which gave them an excuse to go along.

Democracies aren't perfect, they may be so flawed as to be nearly unworkable, but no democracy has committed the mass democide that was the hallmark of the 20th century.   You could argue the US did in the 19th century in regards to Native Americans.  Horrible but not on the scale of Europe or China in the 20th.

Only authoritarian systems appear to have the ability to bypass the common decency of most of humanity.  They do this by concentrating power within a few very flawed humans and temporarily at least removing culpability from the citizenry.

Political systems are just a manifestation of the psychology of the people that make up a society.  In the average that psychology isn't malignant, but concentrate the power too much and you run the risk of putting pathological personalities in positions of total control.  Lots of very flawed personalities are drawn to such positions.

Historically monarchies thrived until you got a bad monarch.  Then things failed spectacularly.  Democracies muddle through as the pendulum swings.  
LOL

The United States in the span of thirty years forcibly sterilized 1/3 of the entire female population of Puerto Rico.

Eugenics was a thing, and while it was the progressivist's pet cause, I don't read where it was widely disowned until that art school failure gave it a bad name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6XfU8KVkzI

There are likely still some people alive right now who were sterilized forcibly or without their knowledge at the behest of the government of the states.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Baron Wojak de Soy
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lussah precipitated (in his defense, unknowingly) the so-called "enlightenment."
View All Quotes

classes 1 through 8 of this are VERY good on how it worked its way into religion on that front:  https://subsplash.com/reformtheosem/learn-about-rts/ms/+3a1a9fc ... they are free, and you don't even need to register an account to DL them.  1-4 are the core of that bit. Best explanation of how theological liberalism came out of germany and wormed its way into things (that I have heard yet).

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Eugenics was a thing, and while it was the progressivist's pet cause, I don't read where it was widely disowned until that art school failure gave it a bad name.

There are likely still some people alive right now who were sterilized forcibly or without their knowledge at the behest of the government of the states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing stops human nature.  And whether Hitler got to power by democratic means or not he certainly didn't maintain a democracy.  He couldn't and do what he did.   In a perverse way he superficially took the responsibility off the German people which gave them an excuse to go along.

Democracies aren't perfect, they may be so flawed as to be nearly unworkable, but no democracy has committed the mass democide that was the hallmark of the 20th century.   You could argue the US did in the 19th century in regards to Native Americans.  Horrible but not on the scale of Europe or China in the 20th.

Only authoritarian systems appear to have the ability to bypass the common decency of most of humanity.  They do this by concentrating power within a few very flawed humans and temporarily at least removing culpability from the citizenry.

Political systems are just a manifestation of the psychology of the people that make up a society.  In the average that psychology isn't malignant, but concentrate the power too much and you run the risk of putting pathological personalities in positions of total control.  Lots of very flawed personalities are drawn to such positions.

Historically monarchies thrived until you got a bad monarch.  Then things failed spectacularly.  Democracies muddle through as the pendulum swings.  
LOL

The US forced sterilizations in Puerto Rico until the 1970s. Long after the failed art student gave it a bad name.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The US forced sterilizations in Puerto Rico until the 1970s. Long after the failed art student gave it a bad name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

It went on in CONUS too. Likely until almost the same decade.  Cold harbor is, AFAIK, still a thing. ETA: And it continues on in the form of abortion.     I am so very not surprised that they did it to puerto ricans, it always was a classist/racist system, hatched by our supposed "betters" to keep the "undesireables" from having kids.

Irony, the same people hatched the minimum wage as an idea for the same reason: make it harder for undesireables to afford having a family.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Monarchists built the pyramids.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Medical care was good decades ago. People who couldn't survive on their own passed to the Divine Beyond and everyone was more religious for it. Society was better as a result. We can't save every genetic defect that is a drain on society but I understand why people try. It will not last through the collapse of the petrodollar.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Monarchists built the pyramids.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
By iwouldnknow:
Medical care was good decades ago. People who couldn't survive on their own passed to the Divine Beyond and everyone was more religious for it. Society was better as a result. We can't save every genetic defect that is a drain on society but I understand why people try. It will not last through the collapse of the petrodollar.
View Quote

Well there you have it.

Death is better for society and People who aren't up to your measure are not people, they are "genetic defects" and nothing but a drain on society.

Leave it to the machiavellians to be this irrational and weak minded.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Correct.

If humanity survives I think the USA will be looked back on as turbo-Hitler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, but those aren't people, not humans, not really, they only look like it, your eyes are decieving you.

Because the person in control over the pregnancy says so.

(almost exactly the same justification the slavers used, except more brutal and with a worse result)

Correct.

If humanity survives I think the USA will be looked back on as turbo-Hitler.

If you didn't know, the ccp publicly admits to 400+ million abortions.

IDK how many of those are forced, and it doesn't touch on the deaths by exposure after birth.

Communists ignore human nature in a way that seems to always make them win the award for most murderous.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well there you have it.

Death is better for society and People who aren't up to your measure are not people, they are "genetic defects" and nothing but a drain on society.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
By iwouldnknow:

Well there you have it.

Meanwhile you suggest keeping any hint of natural selection at bay with a precipitously expensive medical system by robbing our children blind with fiat currency.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

IDK how many of those are forced, and it doesn't touch on the deaths by exposure after birth.

Communists ignore human nature in a way that seems to always make them win the award for most murderous.
View Quote

That's why I support communism becaise nothing kills more commies than commies.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pyramids are still gross even if monarchs made them.
View Quote

Pyramids are proof that all men are not, in fact, created equal, and even monarchy can't fix some people's lack of architectural aptitude.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pyramids are proof that all men are not, in fact, created equal, and even monarchy can't fix some people's lack of architectural aptitude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pyramids are still gross even if monarchs made them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#25]
But what about when the parties switched ideologies?  People keep telling me that's true...

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hardest questions require the strongest will
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good morning leftists.

Ready to join the right and support the monarchy yet?
View Quote

How do we get even more right wing than that?

Is there an entire ruling class based on bigotry and objectifying women?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#28]
OP is either a troll, idiot, or both to make such a stupid statement. He for sure can't back it up. He doesn't have the guts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How do we get even more right wing than that?

Is there an entire ruling class based on bigotry and objectifying women?
View Quote

Beware of the anarchists. They take glee in destruction but can't build a thing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Why is it linear? And who determines point of origin?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah Fuck that
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Surprised I did not catch this one sooner
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Speaking other languages would be a capital crime
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Scientists are burned for witchcraft
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Everything is linear. Circular time is eastern nonsense.

The point of origin determined the point of origin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it linear? And who determines point of origin?

Everything is linear. Circular time is eastern nonsense.

The point of origin determined the point of origin.

It's time for the four sided time cube.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I never consifered myself far right, or even in the right. I just always voted rep. , with a few exceptions in early 90s local elections. But when i was labled right wing in say..2010, i embraced it. Its not as bad as bein valled a lefty, you know, like a COMMIE. The whole red vs.  blue pisses me off tho. Only could the american media call conservative leaning voters "red" and make it stick.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I never consifered myself far right, or even in the right. I just always voted rep. , with a few exceptions in early 90s local elections. But when i was labled right wing in say..2010, i embraced it. Its not as bad as bein valled a lefty, you know, like a COMMIE. The whole red vs.  blue pisses me off tho. Only could the american media call conservative leaning voters "red" and make it stick.
View Quote

I'm trying to figure out what the furthest right we can go is

Maybe like an oppressive theocracy or something
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe twice a year you fight someone to the death and you get more rights the more years you last in the bloodsport government
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Also music is illegal
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also music is illegal
View Quote

Entertainers are scarcely better than vermin. Always have been.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. ScienceTMists are burned for heresy.

Real scientists are among the king's most valuable assets.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the 90s Republicans were blue and democrats were red. It switched i have no idea why.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am confuseth...
View Quote

don't worry, so is OP, but on a much larger scale.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

In the 90s Republicans were blue and democrats were red. It switched i have no idea why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because blue is relaxing and red is not.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top