BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So what you're saying is neither a monarchy nor a constitutional federal republic is incapable of stopping human nature.

That's a real convincing argument you have there.

View Quote
Nothing stops human nature.  And whether Hitler got to power by democratic means or not he certainly didn't maintain a democracy.  He couldn't and do what he did.   In a perverse way he superficially took the responsibility off the German people which gave them an excuse to go along.

Democracies aren't perfect, they may be so flawed as to be nearly unworkable, but no democracy has committed the mass democide that was the hallmark of the 20th century.   You could argue the US did in the 19th century in regards to Native Americans.  Horrible but not on the scale of Europe or China in the 20th.

Only authoritarian systems appear to have the ability to bypass the common decency of most of humanity.  They do this by concentrating power within a few very flawed humans and temporarily at least removing culpability from the citizenry.

Political systems are just a manifestation of the psychology of the people that make up a society.  In the average that psychology isn't malignant, but concentrate the power too much and you run the risk of putting pathological personalities in positions of total control.  Lots of very flawed personalities are drawn to such positions.

Historically monarchies thrived until you got a bad monarch.  Then things failed spectacularly.  Democracies muddle through as the pendulum swings.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nothing stops human nature.  And whether Hitler got to power by democratic means or not he certainly didn't maintain a democracy.  He couldn't and do what he did.   In a perverse way he superficially took the responsibility off the German people which gave them an excuse to go along.

Democracies aren't perfect, they may be so flawed as to be nearly unworkable, but no democracy has committed the mass democide that was the hallmark of the 20th century.   You could argue the US did in the 19th century in regards to Native Americans.  Horrible but not on the scale of Europe or China in the 20th.

Only authoritarian systems appear to have the ability to bypass the common decency of most of humanity.  They do this by concentrating power within a few very flawed humans and temporarily at least removing culpability from the citizenry.

Political systems are just a manifestation of the psychology of the people that make up a society.  In the average that psychology isn't malignant, but concentrate the power too much and you run the risk of putting pathological personalities in positions of total control.  Lots of very flawed personalities are drawn to such positions.

Historically monarchies thrived until you got a bad monarch.  Then things failed spectacularly.  Democracies muddle through as the pendulum swings.  
View Quote
LOL

The United States in the span of thirty years forcibly sterilized 1/3 of the entire female population of Puerto Rico.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The party is not right wing. 'You' doesn't necessarily denote the party.

The real issue is the uniparty. Let's face it. Those billionaires who are out there pulling all the strings for this are corrupted. That includes Trump, Bezos, Musk, Gates, Buffet, Soros, the whole lot of them.  The commies showed up on Trump's inauguration day. They couldn't be touched, prosecuted, and the MSM did nothing in the way of notable coverage except to say they were nothing more than an idea.
View Quote

This definitely struck a chord with me, and no one else is even talking about it. I will vote for any candidate who is truly willing to stand up to the uniparty, billionaire class. But most people either don't believe that exists, or they're defeatist about it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The USA had systematically murdered 60+ million people since 1973.

View Quote
fair point.

But what makes you think an authoritarian system, divine or constitutional monarchy, wouldn't have reached the same conclusion?  Is there a reason to think a monarchy is inherently more moral?  

The correction on Roe would indicate that the pendulum swinging inherent in a democracy at least averages out the temperament of the opposing views.  

If every monarch was Marcus Aurelius I think there would be a strong argument for that system, but the evidence is that they are not.    While a democracy will never be as good as the potential perfect monarch, it will never be as bad as the average monarch.

A well conceived democracy has to have a self destruct mechanism, if it ever becomes intolerable to the majority of it's citizens,  it has to have a defined way to be destroyed.    Otherwise there is no accountability and it's essentially authoritarian in all but name.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity who would have the divine right of kings over the North American continent?
View Quote

Whomsoever proves they have received the Mandate of Heaven on the field of battle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Whomsoever proves they have received the Mandate of Heaven on the field of battle.
View Quote
So the guys that setup our current system of government?

who ironically rebelled against the guy that had the mandate of heaven at that time?

So we're all good right?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

who ironically rebelled against the guy that had the mandate of heaven at that time?

So we're all good right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So we're all good right?

George III lost the Mandate of Heaven over the little corner of the British Empire that became the US, while retaining it elsewhere.  The Founding Fathers received it, but chose to found a Republic rather than wield it. If we are to have a Sovereign, they will need to prove that the Mandate of Heaven has been bestowed on them. Given the nature of the  “elites” in our society, that proof would almost certainly have to be established by force of arms.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the things I hate about democracy is when the media says "second class citizens" like there should only be one.

I think we should have like 10 classes of citizen
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So we're all good right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So we're all good right?

You only get the mandate of heaven by physically leading your Army into battle. The English kings had given that up, while George Washington had not. But currently neither the occupant of the White House or of Buckingham Palace ride at the head of their armed forces.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One of the things I hate about democracy is when the media says "second class citizens" like there should only be one.

View Quote

True. People with felonies should be a much lower class. And Pedos should be a class so low they aren't even considered human.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
LEOSA is like knighthood then, right?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

George III lost the Mandate of Heaven over the little corner of the British Empire that became the US, while retaining it elsewhere.  The Founding Fathers received it, but chose to found a Republic rather than wield it. If we are to have a Sovereign, they will need to prove that the Mandate of Heaven has been bestowed on them. Given the nature of the  "elites" in our society, that proof would almost certainly have to be established by force of arms.
View Quote
The mandate of heaven is just a fun way to describe the victorious application of violence.  Which is of course a timeless truth of society.   However you want to phrase it, if you kill the other side until they are gone or give up you get to make the rules.

At some point violence is a the root of any authority.  We aren't nearly as sophisticated as we like to think.  An organized political system that allows for some changes seems to forestall this violence.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Miami_JBT: LEOSA is like knighthood then, right?
View Quote
Do you view yourself as a Hidalgo?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's not what I am saying at all.  I am saying that ANY democratic system - whether organized as a republic, constitutional, federal, etc. - is pretty much ALWAYS a bad idea and will eventually result in bad things.

A monarchy MIGHT sometimes be a bad idea and may result in bad things.

Thus, ceteris paribus, monarchy is better.  Is it perfect?  Of course not.  Nothing is.  But just like there are lots of different ways to implement democratic system, there are lots of different ways to implement monarchy, including systems in which individual and civil right are guaranteed.

The US would be better off today, if a constitutional monarchy had been established following the revolutionary war.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess what system of government allowed Hitler to rise to power?

That's right - a constitutional federal republic.

People often forget that Hitler didn't end up the dictator of a one-party state as a result of revolution or coup or anything like that.  He came to power in a completely legal way in a democratic constitutional republic. (The Reichstag Fire Decree by President Hindenburg was legal and consistent with the Weimar Republic Constitution, which means that the Enabling Law of 1933 was legal.)

So what you're saying is neither a monarchy nor a constitutional federal republic is incapable of stopping human nature.

That's a real convincing argument you have there.

That's not what I am saying at all.  I am saying that ANY democratic system - whether organized as a republic, constitutional, federal, etc. - is pretty much ALWAYS a bad idea and will eventually result in bad things.

A monarchy MIGHT sometimes be a bad idea and may result in bad things.

Thus, ceteris paribus, monarchy is better.  Is it perfect?  Of course not.  Nothing is.  But just like there are lots of different ways to implement democratic system, there are lots of different ways to implement monarchy, including systems in which individual and civil right are guaranteed.

The US would be better off today, if a constitutional monarchy had been established following the revolutionary war.  

The only thing I have, is what Jefferson remarked to Madison, "We were educated in royalism; no wonder, if some of us retain that idolatry still,"
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you do not support a return to Divine Right Monarchy you are by very definition not right wing.

View Quote

I'm a Carlist.

so
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is a Constutional Monarchy more or less conservative than an Absolute Monarchy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You accept the paradigm that the "left" is more progressive than the "right," correct?

If so, is Constutional Monarchy more or less progressive than Absolute Monarchy?

Nope.

I think "progressive" is a late 19th century/20th century term that doesn't really correlate to the left/right thing at all.  

Obviously it’s left of an Absolute Monarchy.

God is absolute, and so is the King as His divine representative on Earth.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#18]
In general...

The Right supports a society that has hierarchies of authority, and has a strong support for traditional cultural values.

The Left supports the destruction of hierarchies and the destruction of traditional cultural values, and their replacement with ones that area supposedly more equitable.

Keep in mind that what is Right and what is Left depends on the country.  

A conservative in England today would be a monarchist.  A modern conservative in the USA would not... they would instead imbue this authority with the rule of law, the Constitution and so on.

The founding fathers didn't really fit in the Left/Right mold.  They got rid of the monarchy, which is certainly not conservative, but they did it because they believed they were asserting their traditional English liberties against a tyrant, which is conservative.  They certainly did not establish a country that is free of hierarchies... they wanted to support the hierarchies that they had established in their own country over the years in which they had basically managed their own affairs.  They believed that they were already their own country, and that is what they were fighting for.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Citizenship should be reserved for White Lutheran land-owning males over 35 years of age.

All others are the equivalent of livestock.

Fact.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Citizenship should be reserved for White Lutheran land-owning males over 35 years of age.

Fact.
View Quote

If I've transitioned to male, would I get citizenship? Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

True. People with felonies should be a much lower class. And Pedos should be a class so low they aren't even considered human.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a just world, pedos would become biological waste upon discovery. As biological waste, they belong in a landfill.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

No, trannies are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't the CRA etc make multiple classes - "protected classes"?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, everyone is equal, huzzah! /liberalism
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You accept the paradigm that the "left" is more progressive than the "right," correct?

If so, is Constutional Monarchy more or less progressive than Absolute Monarchy?

Nope.

I think "progressive" is a late 19th century/20th century term that doesn't really correlate to the left/right thing at all.  

Attachment Attached File

Constitutional monarchies are nonsense. Copearchies.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In general...

The Right supports a society that has hierarchies of authority, and has a strong support for traditional cultural values.

The Left supports the destruction of hierarchies and the destruction of traditional cultural values, and their replacement with ones that area supposedly more equitable.

Keep in mind that what is Right and what is Left depends on the country.  

A conservative in England today would be a monarchist.  A modern conservative in the USA would not... they would instead imbue this authority with the rule of law, the Constitution and so on.

The founding fathers didn't really fit in the Left/Right mold.  They got rid of the monarchy, which is certainly not conservative, but they did it because they believed they were asserting their traditional English liberties against a tyrant, which is conservative.  They certainly did not establish a country that is free of hierarchies... they wanted to support the hierarchies that they had established in their own country over the years in which they had basically managed their own affairs.  They believed that they were already their own country, and that is what they were fighting for.
View Quote

Liberalism destroyed hierarchies.

Equality and such.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

No

Transing = liberalism
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
fair point.

But what makes you think an authoritarian system, divine or constitutional monarchy, wouldn't have reached the same conclusion?  Is there a reason to think a monarchy is inherently more moral?  

The correction on Roe would indicate that the pendulum swinging inherent in a democracy at least averages out the temperament of the opposing views.  

If every monarch was Marcus Aurelius I think there would be a strong argument for that system, but the evidence is that they are not.    While a democracy will never be as good as the potential perfect monarch, it will never be as bad as the average monarch.

A well conceived democracy has to have a self destruct mechanism, if it ever becomes intolerable to the majority of it's citizens,  it has to have a defined way to be destroyed.    Otherwise there is no accountability and it's essentially authoritarian in all but name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USA had systematically murdered 60+ million people since 1973.

fair point.

Sweet I love some mob rule.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Return to agrarian labor practices!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

The science checks out.

In our multi class society we'll design uniforms for the army!

*face the wall bigot*
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm a classical liberal, constitutional conservative.
View Quote

Classical Liberal is just another word for moderate leftist.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#33]
libertarianism has no answer the alphabet people targeting children.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
libertarianism has no answer the alphabet people targeting children.
View Quote

Machiavellianism does
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
libertarianism has no answer
View Quote

Fixed

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm a Carlist.

so
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you do not support a return to Divine Right Monarchy you are by very definition not right wing.

I'm a Carlist.

so
@AgeOne

My distant family in Spain were Carlists. @RustedAce would be happy, we killed Commies for the King.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Faxed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

More levels needed
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@AgeOne

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/10/ce/d610cea4684a2673c0d1eba2e56bca95.jpg

My distant family in Spain were Carlists. @RustedAce would be happy, we killed Commies for the King.
View Quote

That's bad ass. I wonder, had napoleon not come along how different the world would have been.

I honestly didn't think anyone would get the rather obscure reference
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's bad ass. I wonder, had napoleon not come along how different the world would have been.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@AgeOne

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/10/ce/d610cea4684a2673c0d1eba2e56bca95.jpg

I truly wonder... Napoleon really did shake up the 19th Century.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Leftists are godless.  

The Constitution recognizes God.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

“At least I don’t kneel to no man! BRB gotta mail 75% of my income to a faceless bureaucrat so they can spend it on harming my children’s future. I’m a conservative!”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom GD 2008:  Oh no, if Obama is elected, the United States is dead.  
Arfcom DG 2012:  Oh no, if Obama is re-elected, the United States is dead.  
Arfcom GD 2016:  Oh, no, if Hillary is elected, the United States is dead.  
Arfcom GD 2020:  Oh no, if Biden is elected, the United States is dead.  

RustedAce:  Hey guys, maybe the system that gives us rulers like this (and all the assholes in Congress) is a BAD system, and a more established and conservative system would be better.

Afrcom GD:  Grrrr. How dare you!! (literally shaking) Muh democracy and muh voting!!  Burn the witch!

“At least I don’t kneel to no man! BRB gotta mail 75% of my income to a faceless bureaucrat so they can spend it on harming my children’s future. I’m a conservative!”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
…Snip

View Quote

The part in red is where yourargument for democracy falls flat, seek power all you want in a monarchy you will not have the divine right unless you are born into it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The part in red is where yourargument for democracy falls flat, seek power all you want in a monarchy you will not have the divine right unless you are born into it.
View Quote
We already established that the divine mandate of heaven is the result of winning battles, not birth right...apparently.  which of course it is, ultimately it's tough to be king once you're dead.

Many monarchs were not born into it, most of the good ones actually.  Birth right monarchy is pretty much how you end up with an inbred sociopath as a monarch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We already established that the divine mandate of heaven is the result of winning battles, not birth right...apparently.  which of course it is, ultimately it's tough to be king once you're dead.

Many monarchs were not born into it, most of the good ones actually.  Birth right monarchy is pretty much how you end up with an inbred sociopath as a monarch.
View Quote

Ruling through conquest is a moot argument since democracy is no more immune to being violently overthrown than any other system.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Out of curiosity who would have the divine right of kings over the North American continent?

User name checks out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact.

Lol.

Enjoy your fellow citizens.

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Prove me wrong.

(You cannot.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And you couldn’t be any more incorrect.  

Prove me wrong.

(You cannot.)

You are correct

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top