Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Let the chips fall where they may..
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont see the issue, if everyone would just start using that word regularly this phenomenon would disappear

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Amazing that a singlevword has so much power.

It really does.

As with anything with a massive amount of power you have to be careful when, where and how you use it.

Think about a nuclear bomb.   Very powerful,  but you dont go throwing it around.  But also, in certain very narrow situations it is the perfect weapon to use.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont see the issue, if everyone would just start using that word regularly this phenomenon would disappear

View Quote

There’s a scene from Clerks 2 you should watch. I’d link to it, but it contains racial slurs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It really does.

As with anything with a massive amount of power you have to be careful when, where and how you use it.

Think about a nuclear bomb.   Very powerful,  but you dont go throwing it around.  But also, in certain very narrow situations it is the perfect weapon to use.
View Quote

It’s only powerful for people who love to virtue signal. The antidote is being a minority, a liberal, gay, or anything other than white and republican.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But D_J's avatar is still allowed.  I see the enforcement in here is still all over the map.....
View Quote

That's been covered multiple times.....cleavage is allowed in avatars for everyone, not just mods.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#8]
About a million years ago there was a funny prank call where a radio station kept calling this dude that would go on long tirades. I think they called him under the premise that Nascar was picking up some sort of Soul-Glo type sponsor.

"It's NASCAR not BLACK CAR" was all I remember but the rest was hilarious as well.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
About a million years ago there was a funny prank call where a radio station kept calling this dude that would go on long tirades. I think they called him under the premise that Nascar was picking up some sort of Soul-Glo type sponsor.

"It's NASCAR not BLACK CAR" was all I remember but the rest was hilarious as well.

View Quote

Yeah the dude's wife gets on the phone at the end and begs them to stop calling because her husbands blood pressure has gone through the roof.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A word should never destroy a man's career.

Tired of this....
View Quote

the n-word is a word with great power, spoken by the right person, it is more devastating than a physical beating. its utterance ends careers.

we (the entire nation) give it this power.

sticks and stones can break your bones but words (except the n-word)  will never harm you..
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There was a time when Louis CK videos, Chris Rock stand-up, Dave Chappelle videos were all played here and it didn't matter because we all knew what was up. Hell, we've had music threads where classic rap gets posted and it's never been an issue before.

Now all of a sudden, we're turning on a dime zero tolerance style. Understandable that some people would raise an eyebrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll stand by it.  I disagree with the "ruling" by one person.  It's important to see the source material if you're going to have a discussion.

I agree that context is important. However, the precedent and rules of this site have been very clear.

What precedent?  You're telling me that any person that has ever linked to any media that included a racial slur has been banned and content censored?

That's bullshit.

There was a time when Louis CK videos, Chris Rock stand-up, Dave Chappelle videos were all played here and it didn't matter because we all knew what was up. Hell, we've had music threads where classic rap gets posted and it's never been an issue before.

Now all of a sudden, we're turning on a dime zero tolerance style. Understandable that some people would raise an eyebrow.

Corporate ownership will do that to a place.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The problem isn’t the Code of Conduct as posted.  The problem is there are effectively twenty-two of them, one for each moderator and staffer assigned to GD.  And these all vary from day to day depending on whether or not that individual’s old lady burned his toast that particular morning.
View Quote

She is correct ????
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#13]
People who get offended by a word are small-minded idiots.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Stay away from me!  I can attract all the adverse attention I require without your radioactive ass showing up and agreeing with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem isn't the Code of Conduct as posted.  The problem is there are effectively twenty-two of them, one for each moderator and staffer assigned to GD.  And these all vary from day to day depending on whether or not that individual's old lady burned his toast that particular morning.
Yup. But for some reason people just accuse you of hating cleavage or call you the oh so original "Karen". Maybe it's because I was military for 10 years but having clear rules and following them at every level isn't all that difficult.

Stay away from me!  I can attract all the adverse attention I require without your radioactive ass showing up and agreeing with me.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There’s a scene from Clerks 2 you should watch. I’d link to it, but it contains racial slurs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck, I've linked to it multiple times here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Guess he wasn’t aware that certain words belong to certain people...because that’s a super reasonable concept right???
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Above my pay grade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So those posters that got locked for the video will be unlocked, and informed of such, or nah?

Above my pay grade.

No worries, answered my own question lol
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoting that scene at work got some people a bit upset .

Its a fine film.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hard R, he's in trouble
View Quote

LOL
I was like he should've put the 'ga on there instead of the 'er

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Those accounts are still locked as of 5 min ago
View Quote

You can always leave feedback if you like/don't like what staff or a mod is doing.

Right under their avatar.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Its a fine film.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a fine film.

I managed to get the person running the EO briefing to play that clip, during the Q&A.

Once.

I was not allowed to ask questions at any further briefings after that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Context really is everything when it comes to that word.

Sounds like he refereed to the person he was talking to using that name often enough to where it wasn't a slur but a normally used conversational word.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ll refrain from showing any outrage until black people are held accountable for using the word.  If it’s so bad then no one should ever say it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It really does.

View Quote

If there's a large group that can use it as commonly as the word "the". I'd say your metaphor needs work.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This would have been arfcom's decision too based on the moderation in the first thread
View Quote

Oof lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Its a fine film.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a scene from Clerks 2 you should watch. I'd link to it, but it contains racial slurs.

Its a fine film.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It really does.

View Quote

The word "racist" should be the same way.  It gets tossed around WAY too much these days.  You fucking call me one you'd best be prepared to prove it.  Or fight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Tired of this....
View Quote

I'm pretty sure there are ways to ruin your life just for what you are thinking. If there isn't they'll figure out a way to do it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like Kyle got banned from Chip Ganassi racing.

I think D_J must have sent CGR a sternly worded letter about proper virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guess he wasn’t aware that certain words belong to certain people...because that’s a super reasonable concept right???
View Quote

Certain words belong to certain people to use freely while the other groups will have their careers ruined to prove how equal we all are.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As per context,( news link/story), and clarification from Staff, I re-added the Larson video.
View Quote

Good job guys
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Indefinitely means forever. That boy will never race in NASCAR again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#33]
And with a word and a flash his career was gone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's been covered multiple times.....cleavage is allowed in avatars for everyone, not just mods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But D_J's avatar is still allowed.  I see the enforcement in here is still all over the map.....

Cool, I am going to put on my party dress and update my Avatar picture. I need to first shave my tits as it has been 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't NASCAR go all swj lately?

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#36]
This must be that white privilege i am always being told about.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cool, I am going to put on my party dress and update my Avatar picture. I need to first shave my tits as it has been 3 weeks.
View Quote

I would like to propose a new rule....if you have to shave your tits....said tits are banned
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had to double check to see if this was a LittlePony post.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

But I thought we were taking that word back!

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good job guys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As per context,( news link/story), and clarification from Staff, I re-added the Larson video.

Good job guys

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#41]
He's been completely fired now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
What does his grandparents being in a camp have anything to do with what he said

That's some mighty fine reporting work
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#44]

You're fired.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

That actually is the issue kind of. It’s used all the time and not in the negative towards black people way. All the time. Has been since at least the early 2000’s thank you rap music and the culture that came with it.

Kids use it online in gaming chats or whatever the hell they’re called

Friends call each other by it. People of all colors.

Thugs and wanna be thugs use it against each other derogatorily  regardless of color.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Boo get eee
Boo get eee
Boo get eee

Does that DJ still say that?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thank you.

Fuck NASCAR.  Most black comedians would starve to death, if they couldn't use this word on stage.  I know this kind of virtue signaling excess is done to distance NASCAR from its politically incorrect, Southern redneck heritage, but fuck them anyway for being spineless pussies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tired of this....

Thank you.

Fuck NASCAR.  Most black comedians would starve to death, if they couldn't use this word on stage.  I know this kind of virtue signaling excess is done to distance NASCAR from its politically incorrect, Southern redneck heritage, but fuck them anyway for being spineless pussies.
NASCAR cut loose from it's roots in pursuit of more $$.  Now it is adrift.  It is neither fish nor fowl.  It is not high octane beer fueled redneck fun and it is not high tech cutting edge automotive excellence.  They have to create drama and close racing with contrived situations and phantom yellow flags.  NASCAR needs to get back to it's roots.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn. He got fired?

Wow. Another driver got suspended and re-instated after diversity training.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#49]
contact info for Ganassi racing.

Tell them what you think.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Over time, more and more words will be added to the forbidden to speak list.

Words like: Freedom, Christian, Bible, Jesus, oil, coal, gasoline, fracking, he, she, her, him.    

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top