Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Uh ..the HK USP has been on the market for 30+ years.
View Quote
And it has been a niche gun for most of its life.  They never have been that popular.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For those old enough to remember, Glock leg was named for this exact situation.  Mysterious discharges.  

When someone can actually duplicate the issue - showing how it happens without user/operator error or outside/external manipulation,  then it is time for serious concern.  Otherwise it is simply operator error, or gear/holster/shirt/training issue.

Revolvers had long da trigger pulls.  Glock was derided for such a short/light trigger pull and ease of discharge.  They survived Glock leg accusations, but in NY had to cave to a NY trigger which was basically the same pull weight as a revolver.   Sig has an even better trigger than glock, ease of manipulation, and is going through a similar course of accusations.  Will sig pander to inadequate training and concede by putting out a 10-12lb trigger pull to help those who are scared of sigs?  Maybe, but doubtful.

The internet has sure made things harder for companies to bring out better/updated firearms.  Glock would be a has been, based on the responses sig is getting now.  Maybe the beretta 92, as well.
View Quote

I'll give you credit that you mentioned da revolvers as the cause to glock leg.  Striker fired guns have been around in circulation for 3+decades in LEO.  What excuse does sig have?  Their trigger is a bit lighter, maybe 1lb.  They would help themselves if they admitted a dingus on trigger would cut down on the "ND" discharges.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.
View Quote

And it tends to be solely in the hands of cops (and nobody has been able to explain the mechanism of discharge).  

Lack of trigger safety means less forgiving to finger fucking.  Low speed high drag officer has an ND, lies and blames the gun because he’s seen the articles about it.  Department doesn’t want to call the officer out for lying when they can’t prove it, so they blame the gun, which they also have no proof of.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It's all so tedious. Someone repost the armorer's video showing how this is astronomically unlikely without some Barney Fife diddling the trigger, eh? It's Glock leg and tard cops.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

AIM Surplus has like 87,000 LEO Surplus P320s for about $400 I think?
View Quote

Lol @ $400 for a non optic cut, trade in, non x frame P320

I thought these guns were literal time bombs just waiting to kill. Should be $200 if all the claims are true.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I dropped mine when I was coming up the basement steps.  It slid off of the pile of Diseal soaked uniform and fell down the basement stairs hitting the concrete basement floor.  No boom.  Just a few scratches
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.
View Quote

Or it's abruptly stopped at the end of short drop.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If this is actually a problem why can no one reduplicate it consistently?  The whole dropgate issue it was easily reproduceable and repeatable.  I agree with above when I read he removed it from the holster I stopped taking anything said after seriously.  What fucking kind of special idiot do you have to be to remove your sidearm from the holster where it is safe from unintentional discharge or being forgot int he bathroom?
View Quote

No, it can't be re-produced consistently. From what I understand, the only common denominator with some of the discharges was a Safariland holster for a mounted light; I think it allowed too much access to the trigger getting caught on something.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For those old enough to remember, Glock leg was named for this exact situation.  Mysterious discharges.  

When someone can actually duplicate the issue - showing how it happens without user/operator error or outside/external manipulation,  then it is time for serious concern.  Otherwise it is simply operator error, or gear/holster/shirt/training issue.

Revolvers had long da trigger pulls.  Glock was derided for such a short/light trigger pull and ease of discharge.  They survived Glock leg accusations, but in NY had to cave to a NY trigger which was basically the same pull weight as a revolver.   Sig has an even better trigger than glock, ease of manipulation, and is going through a similar course of accusations.  Will sig pander to inadequate training and concede by putting out a 10-12lb trigger pull to help those who are scared of sigs?  Maybe, but doubtful.

The internet has sure made things harder for companies to bring out better/updated firearms.  Glock would be a has been, based on the responses sig is getting now.  Maybe the beretta 92, as well.
View Quote

So... since the P320s and Glocks are out in the wild and in use at thousands of LEO  agencies, where are the parallel reports of Glocks going off in a similar fashion? Glock leg veterans are all aging out and their replacements are just as fresh and inexperienced on a G45/17/19 as they are on a P320. Are recruits learning how to properly use a Glock while struggling with the P320's manual of arms? Serious question.

I've withheld judgement on the P320, mainly because I have no interest in the platform (as a pistol). I'm just trying to sift through the noise.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Was unaware NY had regs for super heavy triggers on duty guns.  Is this perhaps responsible for the NYPD’s legendary shitty accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And it tends to be solely in the hands of cops (and nobody has been able to explain the mechanism of discharge).  

Lack of trigger safety means less forgiving to finger fucking.  Low speed high drag officer has an ND, lies and blames the gun because he’s seen the articles about it.  Department doesn’t want to call the officer out for lying when they can’t prove it, so they blame the gun, which they also have no proof of.
View Quote

I would say, most cops aren't gun guys. Most cops have to carry in whatever holster they're issued. Cops are more likely to get into a physical altercation while wearing a pistol than a normal citizen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was unaware NY had regs for super heavy triggers on duty guns.  Is this perhaps responsible for the NYPD’s legendary shitty accuracy?
View Quote

Maybe. The Glock NY trigger was developed for the NYPD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they use the NY spring and bar. That brings it to like 12lb I think? My memory might be off on that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Fed should mandate cops carry guns with manual safeties only.

Do something good for once, fed bois. Even if it is unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Uh…..the HK USP has been on the market for 30+ years.
View Quote

CZ P07 & P09,  FN FNP and FNX lines as well for  poly framed DA/SA
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, apparently sig 320 are the only gun that gets finger fucked, or we'd be reading about random desk pops of every pistol maker.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do believe there is a problem with these guns, but this incident was almost certainly a product of the officer finger fucking his gun while taking a shit.

Yeah, apparently sig 320 are the only gun that gets finger fucked, or we'd be reading about random desk pops of every pistol maker.....

Because the 320 had the drop problem it became an easy scapegoat for dumbass LEOs to cover their collective asses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

OK, that was mildly amusing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left my 320 on my bench down by the range and while I was pissing it shot a 99, cutting 6 X's from the 25.

I don't like that it goes off by itself like that but damn that thing can shoot.

OK, that was mildly amusing.

I chuckled sensibly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
why the fuck would you take it out of the holster while your taking a shit?

...bet a PMAG the dude finger fucked the trigger and had an accidental discharge and is now blaming the gun.
View Quote

Bingo!

Hking
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I shot mine yesterday.

The trigger is shit.
View Quote

I love the trigger in all of mine. Stock flat face.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
why the fuck would you take it out of the holster while your taking a shit?

...bet a PMAG the dude finger fucked the trigger and had an accidental discharge and is now blaming the gun.
View Quote
Yup. With all the controversy surrounding the P320 no idiot is going to take responsibility for a ND.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where’s the ghost hand in this video?

SIG P320 Uncommanded Discharge on Video

It’s not like the P320 hasn’t had issues before, why shouldn’t we assume it would continue to have issues?

Drop test a sig p320 yes it goes BANG!! 1st time on carpet!

Edit:  to clarify in this particular case I believe office dufus was finger fucking his gun while on the shitter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Glocks were much easier to fire than any da, or da/sa when glock came out.  1911s are even easier to fire, but notice they are not a common national PD issue firearm, but are for those special dept/units that train a lot and still use them.  Ditto for .mil, though it seems the 1911 is not used much, if at all much anymore.  The ad/nd for 1911s would be statistically higher solely based on trigger pull being easier to manipulate.  Even more so with new lights/optics/gear.  It is why there is a NY trigger for glocks.  It is not the pistol, rather the humans using them..

Sig is experiencing the same issue glock did.  Anyhow, the sig has a better trigger, easier to use, just like Glocks trigger when it came out.  The fear and panic towards Glock was legendary, but also pre internet.  Glock leg, short trigger pulls called by some single action, plastic guns not showing up on xrays, etc.

Truth is, Glock forged the way for simpler/easier to use firearms through their dominance in LE.  Civilians followed.   Sig has made something easier to use, and it shows.  Retention holsters, lights on pistols, all sorts of new modern updates are also at play here.  Glock was not the reason for ad/nd, human behavior and gear/training were.  It appears very similar for sig, because no one can get a sig to just go off, at least not yet.

The question is, will sigs simpler/better/easier trigger combined with lights/dots/gear become the new accepted norm.  It is not necessarily the gun, but rather what will be accepted.  The .mil is still chugging along with m17/m18, so the gun is probably not going anywhere, even if Karens get their way and sig caves to a NY trigger pull solution.  If someone can show how a sig goes off on its own, it needs to be addressed.  With as many youtubers out there, it would seem there would be numerous showing how it happens.

Edit for:  holsters/gear became more predominantly used after glocks came out — Not just holsters, but specifically manufactured holsters to the gun. The reason is obvious, a mexican carry da pistol is less likely to mysteriously discharge, than a glock…

Also, Glock nd/ad are still occurring, but are not made out to be an issue, anymore.  Glock leg is easily known/accepted as operator error, due to Glocks time in the wild.

For example, on this site, who would risk trying to say their glock just went off when they took off their belt/holster??  Versus how many would love to post how their sig did…

Human behavior/training.  Comes with time and learning.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I stopped reading at "removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I stopped reading at "removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged"

Yep. I’d absolutely bet on this one being user error
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, cry harder Glockies. Your desperation to vilify the P320 brings me mirth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That and the “youth resource officer” are the indicators.

For those who don’t know, school resource officers are frequently those cops who couldn’t or shouldn’t be assigned to real police assignments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For those who don’t know, school resource officers are frequently those cops who couldn’t or shouldn’t be assigned to real police assignments.

not sure why they killed the program but one of the best things I’ve seen in a LEA was an agency here in CO had all of their SWAT qualified guys assigned to SRO.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Same.

It's a garbage gun. I wouldn't take one for free let alone pay a $1 for it.
View Quote

@Bama-Shooter

Pray tell good sir. Been debating on switching.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My 320 Hindu nothin’!

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That SRO was finger fucking his pistol in the shitter and pulled the trigger.

One thing is common among 90% of these “reports”.

LEOs
View Quote

That’s the thing. We are really only seeing this in LE, we aren’t hearing wide spread reports from our military or any of the other militaries across the globe using these pistols. You aren’t seeing it amongst the CCW crowd. It’s all cops. I can confidently say this as a cop and academy instructor, most cops aren’t gun guys and many o ly carry because they are made to
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#35]
25-30 years ago it was a Glock that was always going off
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Show me the cheap P320s for sale plz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The resale value on these has to be rivaling the P250 for worst SIG ever.

Show me the cheap P320s for sale plz.

I don’t keep up with their used prices as I’m not interested. It was just an educated guess given what happened with the P250. Different situation though I guess. It got really crappy reviews and stalwart SIG buyers weren’t ready to embrace plastic fantastic yet. Dealers couldn’t give those away.

I’d say once a few big departments drop them over liability and they show up at the wholesalers, prices will drop precipitously.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The P250 really is a fantastic gun though.  Smoothest DA ever.  I shoot it every bit as well as striker fired guns.  Vastly under rated and not well timed for the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The resale value on these has to be rivaling the P250 for worst SIG ever.

The P250 really is a fantastic gun though.  Smoothest DA ever.  I shoot it every bit as well as striker fired guns.  Vastly under rated and not well timed for the market.

Yeah, I agree and said as such in my other post. Most SIG buyers weren’t ready for plastic and reviewers expected better/different from SIG. It created a toxic mix of confusion and derision and doomed the gun in its infancy. The long DAO trigger pull was neither fish nor foul in auto loaders.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Same.

View Quote

yes, we know.  you say it in every one of these threads.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup.  Just another fat fingered fuckup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My 320 Hindu nothin’!

View Quote

Oh, so stealing that.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shot mine yesterday.

The trigger is shit.

Same.

I've got a G19.4 that with a -1 trigger and just replaced my P320 X-Carry with a M18. What don't you like about the trigger? They've always impressed me for what it is, especially compared to a glock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mine is the last .40 cal I have. Sig barrels are easier on brass, no smilies.  My hardcast powder coated handload is a 175gr at 1150fps out of the Sig.  It is my woods carry gun.  Almost bought one in 9mm last week for $300, but I just don't need another 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I agree and said as such in my other post. Most SIG buyers weren’t ready for plastic and reviewers expected better/different from SIG. It created a toxic mix of confusion and derision and doomed the gun in its infancy. The long DAO trigger pull was neither fish nor foul in auto loaders.

Mine is the last .40 cal I have. Sig barrels are easier on brass, no smilies.  My hardcast powder coated handload is a 175gr at 1150fps out of the Sig.  It is my woods carry gun.  Almost bought one in 9mm last week for $300, but I just don't need another 9mm.

That’s funny! I’ve thought about picking one up just for woods carry with Buffalo Bore rounds. Holsters and mags might be an issue though. Decently cheap beat around gun that’s reliable and fail safe for dropping and that delivers enough payload for everything east of the Mississippi.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schools are usually partially to blame for this as well.  They want Tik Tok cops who make funny videos with kids and staff.  Not real cops.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, it can't be re-produced consistently. From what I understand, the only common denominator with some of the discharges was a Safariland holster for a mounted light; I think it allowed too much access to the trigger getting caught on something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is actually a problem why can no one reduplicate it consistently?  The whole dropgate issue it was easily reproduceable and repeatable.  I agree with above when I read he removed it from the holster I stopped taking anything said after seriously.  What fucking kind of special idiot do you have to be to remove your sidearm from the holster where it is safe from unintentional discharge or being forgot int he bathroom?

And safariland changes up the design and the new holsters no longer have that problem
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Since these guns go off 'by themselves', wouldn't there be cases where it discharged in a nightstand or safe?

The reports always seem to be when they're being manipulated in some way.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shot mine yesterday.

The trigger is shit.

My duty gun right now is a TXG Pro LE. It’s a fantastic pistol
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top