Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
some time - some date SIG is going to put a Trigger Dingus on the 320, like everybody else on the planet and call it the ALL NEW & IMPROVED Sig 320 ULTRA!!!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What the hell is a "DAO DA/SA gun?"  It is either Dao or its da/sa.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all fairness,
Had there ever been a market time for a polymer framed, hammer fired DAO, DA/SA gun?

Of the dozen or so models I can think of off the top of my head, they're still pretty niche if even still in production.

Look closer; there's a comma that you omitted from your quote.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
some time - some date SIG is going to put a Trigger Dingus on the 320, like everybody else on the planet and call it the ALL NEW & IMPROVED Sig 320 ULTRA!!!

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

You can already purchase an aftermarket trigger with one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For those old enough to remember, Glock leg was named for this exact situation.  Mysterious discharges.  

When someone can actually duplicate the issue - showing how it happens without user/operator error or outside/external manipulation,  then it is time for serious concern.  Otherwise it is simply operator error, or gear/holster/shirt/training issue.

Revolvers had long da trigger pulls.  Glock was derided for such a short/light trigger pull and ease of discharge.  They survived Glock leg accusations, but in NY had to cave to a NY trigger which was basically the same pull weight as a revolver.   Sig has an even better trigger than glock, ease of manipulation, and is going through a similar course of accusations.  Will sig pander to inadequate training and concede by putting out a 10-12lb trigger pull to help those who are scared of sigs?  Maybe, but doubtful.

The internet has sure made things harder for companies to bring out better/updated firearms.  Glock would be a has been, based on the responses sig is getting now.  Maybe the beretta 92, as well.
View Quote

This. Well said. Dump any particular firearm in the hands of a huge group of people, most of whom are barely competent to handle a firearm safely, and this will happen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why the fuck would you take it out of the holster while your taking a shit?

...bet a PMAG the dude finger fucked the trigger and had an accidental discharge and is now blaming the gun.
View Quote

I ALWAYS remove it. The weight will push my pants or shorts waistband down onto the floor. No thanks. Gun comes out and is stored somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That and the “youth resource officer” are the indicators.

For those who don’t know, school resource officers are frequently those cops who couldn’t or shouldn’t be assigned to real police assignments.

View Quote

Ours(20 years ago) was a SWAT guy on light duty while he recovered from a training injury.  Super cool dude, he'd eat with us and do some weight training too(I played baseball so nothing super heavy).
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since these guns go off 'by themselves', wouldn't there be cases where it discharged in a nightstand or safe?

The reports always seem to be when they're being manipulated in some way.
View Quote

Manipulation is not always present, motion of the firearm, even when it’s holstered is present.  So what is relationship between motion/momentum and the P320 internals that cause it to go off on its own?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I stopped reading at "removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged"

View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This. Well said. Dump any particular firearm in the hands of a huge group of people, most of whom are barely competent to handle a firearm safely, and this will happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those old enough to remember, Glock leg was named for this exact situation.  Mysterious discharges.  

When someone can actually duplicate the issue - showing how it happens without user/operator error or outside/external manipulation,  then it is time for serious concern.  Otherwise it is simply operator error, or gear/holster/shirt/training issue.

Revolvers had long da trigger pulls.  Glock was derided for such a short/light trigger pull and ease of discharge.  They survived Glock leg accusations, but in NY had to cave to a NY trigger which was basically the same pull weight as a revolver.   Sig has an even better trigger than glock, ease of manipulation, and is going through a similar course of accusations.  Will sig pander to inadequate training and concede by putting out a 10-12lb trigger pull to help those who are scared of sigs?  Maybe, but doubtful.

The internet has sure made things harder for companies to bring out better/updated firearms.  Glock would be a has been, based on the responses sig is getting now.  Maybe the beretta 92, as well.

Yet oddly people are shooting 320s every day at Sig Academy. Their loaner guns are beat to death. Why do they not have all sorts of accidental discharges? Hell out of the dozen times I've been there I've not heard of a single incident......
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#11]
maybe Sig should set up a shell company and manufacture a grip frame and trigger with a dingus and sell it for cheap.  
Then what will GD tribal rage about.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Lotta dudes on here seem to love the dingus!

dingus /ding'?s/
noun

1. Something whose name is unknown or forgotten.
2. A person regarded as stupid.
3. Something whose name is either unknown or forgotten; a thingamajig.
4. A fool or incompetent person.
5. Penis.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm just going to copy and paste this reply of mine from the last 320 thread that I was in...

It would be nice if people could rub two brain cells together and think about this without emotion because their gun didn't win a .mil trial.

The 320 Pro (no safety) has been issued at an SMU for ~ 5 years and used in various configurations. If you know anything about how they select weapons, they don't issue shit because it is new or "cool". No one else in the world has the budget to test weapons as extensively as they do and they have to meet pretty stringent requirements.

Now, think about what they subject their pistols to. They are in and out of vehicles, helicopters, cruising around in SxS, riding dirt bikes and banging them on all kinds of shit. Do you think that command would issue a pistol that "just goes off" and risk injuring guys that they have invested millions of dollars in? Do you think they will risk a mission that is handed down from the highest levels of the government over a pistol that is faulty? How about doing an offset infil where they hike in for miles and a guy takes a fall and his gun "just goes off" compromising his team and the operation over a pistol? Yeah, it isn't happening. If the pistols "just went off" they would have discovered it by now and shit canned them.

What the guys at that level are, and 87% of cops aren't? Pros. I have said it many times here, that equipment management is an issue and the vast majority of cops suck at it. Most don't give a shit about their gear, guns, if a jacket pull is hanging or a piece of gear that they don't need is impeding their draw etc. It is a constant battle trying to get people squared away.

Attachment Attached File

Remember the JTF-2 investigation from 4-5 years ago that "the gun just went off"? It was discovered the operator was using a holster that wasn't made for the 320?  Yeah well, they are issued them now with good success.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I stopped reading at "removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged"
View Quote

I've never seen, or been given a reason to like anything about 320's, quite the contrary, but if that cop had a Glock, FN, HK, SW, it still would have gone off.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#15]
P320’s accidentally discharge more frequently than a 25 year old virgin getting 2 for 1 lap dances in a strip club.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
why the fuck would you take it out of the holster while your taking a shit?

...bet a PMAG the dude finger fucked the trigger and had an accidental discharge and is now blaming the gun.
View Quote

Why is EVERY story I have read a police officer having their duty weapon discharge? Not trying to be edgy or anything, am I missing some other stories or is it just PoPo having these "issues"?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because they are safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom assured me the gun is perfectly safe and it must be the owner making a mistake.

Because they are safe.

Until, they're not.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The P250 really is a fantastic gun though.  Smoothest DA ever.  I shoot it every bit as well as striker fired guns.  Vastly under rated and not well timed for the market.
View Quote

Came here to post this. Mine is fantastic. It does take a bit of time to get comfortable with the trigger, but once I did it has been a great gun for my EDC rotation
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
P320's accidentally discharge more frequently than a 25 year old virgin getting 2 for 1 lap dances in a strip club.
View Quote
It was the same with Glocks when they started getting popular.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for saving us the time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

IMO, just making the trigger guard wider would decrease these instances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger guard width is to thin on those guns.

IMO, just making the trigger guard wider would decrease these instances.

That and a trigger safety like just about every other striker fired gun on the market.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why is EVERY story I have read a police officer having their duty weapon discharge? Not trying to be edgy or anything, am I missing some other stories or is it just PoPo having these "issues"?
View Quote
Giving guns to non-gun people is bad.  Law Enforcement does it anyway, and this is the result.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Honest Outlaw says the p320s are one of the guns that break most often.

I'm skeptical of products liability claims but I don't trust the p320
View Quote

Break so often that several SMU's issue them.

They must not shoot enough...
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Giving guns to non-gun people is bad.  Law Enforcement does it anyway, and this is the result.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If true, there HAS to be gun newbs that have bought 320s and incorrect or no holster having NDs also.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Arfcom assured me the gun is perfectly safe and it must be the owner making a mistake.
View Quote

The gun isn't safe at all AND people are stupid with handling.  They have ADs and NDs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo. If people would stop fingerfucking their striker fired pistols and then trying to blame it on the firearm that’d be great.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Honest Outlaw says the p320s are one of the guns that break most often.

I'm skeptical of products liability claims but I don't trust the p320
View Quote

And plenty of other gun tubers say they’re just fine. Hell Mike Glover carries one AIWB.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If true, there HAS to be gun newbs that have bought 320s and incorrect or no holster having NDs also.
View Quote

I'm sure there is, but I've also found new shooters to have a healthy respect for guns.  Definitely not the same for cops, they tend to get complacent because they are around them all the time.  Couple that with firing only a couple hundred rounds per year at best, and bad shit happens.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because they are safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they are safe.

I've had two loaded 320's in my safe for over 5 years and neither of them have gone off.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

AIM Surplus has like 87,000 LEO Surplus P320s for about $400 I think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me the cheap P320s for sale plz.

AIM Surplus has like 87,000 LEO Surplus P320s for about $400 I think?

Pretty decent start to a Flux Raider.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Holsters and mags are the same as P320.  No problem finding either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s funny! I’ve thought about picking one up just for woods carry with Buffalo Bore rounds. Holsters and mags might be an issue though. Decently cheap beat around gun that’s reliable and fail safe for dropping and that delivers enough payload for everything east of the Mississippi.

Holsters and mags are the same as P320.  No problem finding either.

Good to know! Now I need to find a cherry example on the cheap lol. I wonder if it’ll fit the SP2022 holster? I have a few of those.

ETA: I just looked up the prices on Gunbroker…holy shit! $500-700 for compact versions. I remember seeing those for like $250-300.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Glocks are widely issued to LE. Why are there no current reports of Glocks going off in holsters? Why only Sig?

Are the officers who are issued Glocks better trained on trigger discipline? Are the departments that issue Sigs less competent?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Glocks are widely issued to LE. Why are there no current reports of Glocks going off in holsters? Why only Sig?

Are the officers who are issued Glocks better trained on trigger discipline? Are the departments that issue Sigs less competent?
View Quote

It happens with Glocks too. A lot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glocks went through their own period of public scrutiny and 'Glock leg' became a thing.

Now that P320's are being widely used by police they're just the new thing that gets hyped as being unsafe.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-owens-glock-accidents-20150508-story.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm just going to copy and paste this reply of mine from the last 320 thread that I was in...

It would be nice if people could rub two brain cells together and think about this without emotion because their gun didn't win a .mil trial.

The 320 Pro (no safety) has been issued at an SMU for ~ 5 years and used in various configurations. If you know anything about how they select weapons, they don't issue shit because it is new or "cool". No one else in the world has the budget to test weapons as extensively as they do and they have to meet pretty stringent requirements.

Now, think about what they subject their pistols to. They are in and out of vehicles, helicopters, cruising around in SxS, riding dirt bikes and banging them on all kinds of shit. Do you think that command would issue a pistol that "just goes off" and risk injuring guys that they have invested millions of dollars in? Do you think they will risk a mission that is handed down from the highest levels of the government over a pistol that is faulty? How about doing an offset infil where they hike in for miles and a guy takes a fall and his gun "just goes off" compromising his team and the operation over a pistol? Yeah, it isn't happening. If the pistols "just went off" they would have discovered it by now and shit canned them.

What the guys at that level are, and 87% of cops aren't? Pros. I have said it many times here, that equipment management is an issue and the vast majority of cops suck at it. Most don't give a shit about their gear, guns, if a jacket pull is hanging or a piece of gear that they don't need is impeding their draw etc. It is a constant battle trying to get people squared away.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_5256_png-3115703.JPG

Remember the JTF-2 investigation from 4-5 years ago that "the gun just went off"? It was discovered the operator was using a holster that wasn't made for the 320?  Yeah well, they are issued them now with good success.

https://i.imgur.com/86nFErW.jpeg
View Quote
Everything you wrote, but especially the bold part is why I ignore most of these threads.

Please tell me more about the pictures pistol with the comp. It's making my pants tight.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Muh sigs dindu nuffin (*except what I tell them to)!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Remember "Sudden Unintended Acceleration a few years back?
People were panicking and flooring the gas when they swear they were on the brakes.
Yeah it's like that,
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Uh…..the HK USP has been on the market for 30+ years.
View Quote

And is in limited, intermittent production.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all fairness,
Had there ever been a market time for a polymer framed, hammer fired DAO, DA/SA gun?

Of the dozen or so models I can think of off the top of my head, they’re still pretty niche if even still in production.

Yeah, maybe I could have used an or vs the comma, to be extra clear instead of just clear.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

CZ P07 & P09,  FN FNP and FNX lines as well for  poly framed DA/SA
View Quote

Yes, and pretty small volume.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My 320 Hindu nothin’!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig is the Boeing of firearms.

Yup. Sig was fucked when Ron took over. They got double fucked when curry Sigs became a thing.

My 320 Hindu nothin’!

You win the internet for 2024.

I don't have any dog in the Sig fight, but.....

Interesting synopsis....https://www.wearethemighty.com/tactical/p320-militarys-latest-handgun-might-not-be-safe/

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged,

The above quotation is from the OP's article..   The officer was handling the weapon, so we will never know if his finger tickled the trigger and blamed the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#46]
He was doing presentation drills while taking a dump.  Screws up and squeezed the trigger while trying to push one out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

No, Cambridge is the Boeing of police training
View Quote

Quoted:

My 320 Hindu nothin’!

View Quote

Gee Dee!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How come no P320 sitting in a safe has ever fired by itself? It's always when a human has a hand on it. Strange.
View Quote

We have several members that have a 320 stored in their vehicle. That's a much better indicator since it's being constantly jostled.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Manipulation is not always present, motion of the firearm, even when it’s holstered is present.  So what is relationship between motion/momentum and the P320 internals that cause it to go off on its own?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since these guns go off 'by themselves', wouldn't there be cases where it discharged in a nightstand or safe?

The reports always seem to be when they're being manipulated in some way.

So why aren't they going off while driving - either on the belt or stored in the vehicle?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm starting to love your posts old boy
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top