BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guess I had better pepper my angus for SAFE Act II.

View Quote

You nailed it. All the Feds have to do is threaten to cut funding to states and bam new firearm restrictions for all!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You nailed it. All the Feds have to do is threaten to cut funding to states and bam new firearm restrictions for all!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, just like they did after Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think gun control hasn't been shifted to the state level?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy for us to say, you are in Georgia and I am in Michigan.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#5]
He used a .45 and had to do multiple mag changes. Ban 1911s
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Double negatives make no sense, what are you asking?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GD's understanding of what a President can and can not do is embarrassing.
View Quote

its not from a lack of this president screeching about how he will go around congress if they dont act... by issuing EO's to fix things.. etc, etc... not to mention the laundry list of extremely questionable things he has already participated in..... he even flat out said about some things hes done / wants to do, " well it might not be legal..... but its the right thing to do".......if obama cant ban things, or limit the second amendment by EO..... its damn sure not because he does not want to... or would if he thought he could get away with it.

not to mention congress seems more than happy to hand him more and more power.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ^^^^
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This ^^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^^

So sick of hearing that bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^^

Not as sick as I am of hearing the "Obama will do anything he wants" idiocy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^^

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#12]
The panic/politicization of guns, instances like this, really make me glad I left the hobby side of guns/shooting...if for no other reason than it just doesn't periodically ruin my past time and enjoyment of something.

I still own guns, still think they're important, but this hysteria bullshit keeps me away from enjoying them.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#13]
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/charleston-massacre-dylann-storm-roof-arrested-felony-drug-charges-cocaine-meth/                 Last night on fox, they were interviewing Dana Losch(don't know how to spell her last name) and she was talking about his father gave him the gun for his 21st birthday but because he was a felon, it would be considered a straw purchase and the father should be charged with a felony.    
Quoted:

What is fact?   I read this morning that the killer bought the gun with birthday money.

This may be similar to the reports that first said he shot people outside, then walked in and soon shot them, then stormed in and most recently was sitting in the group for an hour before shooting them after the bible study ended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't count on an AWB push. But I would think he is going to push background checks for private sales and God forbid no longer being able to gift guns. Even though this was a straw purchase because this racist was a felon and his dad gave him a gun...

What is fact?   I read this morning that the killer bought the gun with birthday money.

This may be similar to the reports that first said he shot people outside, then walked in and soon shot them, then stormed in and most recently was sitting in the group for an hour before shooting them after the bible study ended.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The panic/politicization of guns, instances like this, really make me glad I left the hobby side of guns/shooting...if for no other reason than it just doesn't periodically ruin my past time and enjoyment of something.

I still own guns, still think they're important, but this hysteria bullshit keeps me away from enjoying them.

View Quote

It does take its toll.........try and hang in there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#15]
If people panic over this they really are retarded. No AR15 was used, no high capacity magazines either. If you listen to zero's speech he himself knows that he can't pass anything.

ETA: The chance of Nikki Haley passing state gun control is hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

its not from a lack of this president screeching about how he will go around congress if they dont act... by issuing EO's to fix things.. etc, etc... not to mention the laundry list of extremely questionable things he has already participated in..... he even flat out said about some things hes done / wants to do, " well it might not be legal..... but its the right thing to do".......if obama cant ban things, or limit the second amendment by EO..... its damn sure not because he does not want to... or would if he thought he could get away with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And when he started that line of talk after Sandy Hook, what happened again?  Oh right, the Federal government did jack and shit.  You think Charleston will generate more political pressure than a school full of dead kids?

What has changed since then? Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/charleston-massacre-dylann-storm-roof-arrested-felony-drug-charges-cocaine-meth/                 Last night on fox, they were interviewing Dana Losch(don't know how to spell her last name) and she was talking about his father gave him the gun for his 21st birthday but because he was a felon, it would be considered a straw purchase and the father should be charged with a felony.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't count on an AWB push. But I would think he is going to push background checks for private sales and God forbid no longer being able to gift guns. Even though this was a straw purchase because this racist was a felon and his dad gave him a gun...

The latest I have seen is that he bought the gun from a gunshop with birthday money and his felony drug charge had not made it into NICS yet so he passed the background check
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^^

Not from lack of trying. During the 855 circus a few months ago I'm certain you were spreading the same manure while others called or wrote to their representatives to shut it down. Obama/.gov can do anything they want unless they are met with a large opposition.
I would think you of all people would get how this works.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And when he started that line of talk after Sandy Hook, what happened again?  Oh right, the Federal government did jack and shit.  You think Charleston will generate more political pressure than a school full of dead kids?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washington, Colorado, New York, California and I'm sure a plethora of other states have passed massive gun control laws since Sandy Hook. It's sweeping across the country. Literally.
I don't know about the other states but without federal funding Washington would be reduced  to potato fields and pot farms
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The latest I have seen is that he bought the gun from a gunshop with birthday money and his felony drug charge had not made it into NICS yet so he passed the background check
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't turned on the news this morning. But damn. That blood is on the Feds then because they failed to update it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know what going to happen, but I can tell you I'm thoroughly sick of this shit already.
View Quote

then start a my little pony collection

I have been in "panic" mode sice obunghole got elected.  I'm amazed weve gotten this far.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The salad bar has closed.
View Quote

And I got plenty of salad while I could.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why?  The likelihood of new federal gun control is close to zero.
View Quote

Yes......The only thing Odumbo can do is issue EO's.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Are we panicking yet?

I didn't take advantage of the last panic... but I really do need to pay for a bridge and road on my land. A new panic could be just what the doctor ordered.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're using logic. Stop it. There's an election coming up. Hence, everyone panic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're using logic. Stop it. There's an election coming up. Hence, everyone panic.

IMO.....The next round of panic buying will be from multiple senseless shootings in conjunction with the 2016 election.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Washington, Colorado, New York, California and I'm sure a plethora of other states have passed massive gun control laws since Sandy Hook. It's sweeping across the country. Literally.
I don't know about the other states but without federal funding Washington would be reduced  to potato fields and pot farms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama is responsible for those gun laws, is he?

This is why the the panic talk is stupid.  The state affected might pass something, and that will suck.  But the panic immediately becomes some nation-wide panic of Federal gun crackdowns which simply haven't happened.  It's just asinine.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Totally different circumstances. The internet and mass communication has made it more difficult for politicians to pass unwanted laws without our knowledge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I said that in 1985 just before they banned new machineguns.

Never again.

Totally different circumstances. The internet and mass communication has made it more difficult for politicians to pass unwanted laws without our knowledge

I hope you are right.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a general rule, Obama is responsible for all things we don't like. It's not really his fault, but a precedent was set when Bush was responsible for all things the left didn't like, and we simply carry on the inverse of that legacy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Like these threads really start panics Obama has been the best gun salesman in the history of the U.S. Every time he opens his mouth and mentions gun control, people panic.

Why do you hate capitalism?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a firm believer that these panic threads are created by folks who hope to create a panic so they can unload stuff they want to sell at a higher price.

It's always the same thing. "Will this cause another panic?"
What I read that what I hear is "I have a bunch of $500 AR's I bought and I want to $2000 out of them". Neckbearding at its worst.

Like these threads really start panics Obama has been the best gun salesman in the history of the U.S. Every time he opens his mouth and mentions gun control, people panic.

Why do you hate capitalism?

Very good point.........
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
CNN has a Whitehouse spokesman on right now calling for more gun control.  Expect this to be the case all weekend.

CNN also reported that the shooter purchased the firearm himself and that current federal law "doesn't prohibit people under felony indictment to purchase guns" which is completely false.  It's a question on the 4473.
View Quote

Since when does CNN or MSNBC ever tell anything that remotely resembles the truth.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
GD's understanding of what a President can and can not do most topics is embarrassing.
View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not only the bans but the panic induced shortages- Remember the lead up to Y2k? How about 2008? or 2012? Nothing happened in any of those but there were real and lasting shortages of important shooting related "stuff"- guns, mags, ammo, reloading components etc....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morons.....like, literal morons.

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I've learned anything from years in gun circles it is that a lot of gun owners are just as irrational and emotional as the liberals who are trying to ban guns...and not to mention some are just slightly above functioning retard in IQ.

Perhaps...but there have been plenty of bans that stuck triggered by less than this. And republicans can be squirrelly, especially with media and perceived public pressure. McConnell and Boehner are about as traitorous as they come when it comes to protecting your constitutional rights, and SCOTUS is a lottery these days. I have lived through three major guns bans so far, 1986, 1989 and 1994, and only one of them ever went away, and the ones that stuck were signed by Republican presidents. So I never diss anyone for preparing for the worst.

Sometimes it really does happen, and you can never tell when it's a false alarm and when it is goes down for real until after it's over.

Not only the bans but the panic induced shortages- Remember the lead up to Y2k? How about 2008? or 2012? Nothing happened in any of those but there were real and lasting shortages of important shooting related "stuff"- guns, mags, ammo, reloading components etc....

Good point.  Join date November 2000? Good to see an original member still posting!

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Executive Orders do not create law for citizens.  They can ONLY direct an agency to do something that is already allowed under the current law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about an Executive Order?

Executive Orders do not create law for citizens.  They can ONLY direct an agency to do something that is already allowed under the current law.

Sure they create law. De facto  law.

The effect is the same for us. For example, because of EO, now in Texas, New Mexico Arizona and California we cannot buy 2 or more long arms in a 5 day period from an FFL without the transaction getting reported to ATF. Considering that if you have a CHL nothing but the 4473 is required in Texas, I call that federal gun registration by EO.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

would require congress to pass a bill into law.  EO cannot make law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The likelihood of executive orders or federal "rules" implementing new restrictions has gone up. They'll probably be flea bites comparatively, but Obama will do something.

I think a ban on Internet ammo sales is a big possibility.

would require congress to pass a bill into law.  EO cannot make law.

You think they cannot put you in jail if you violate an EO enforced by ATF or any other agency?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm a firm believer that these panic threads are created by folks who hope to create a panic so they can unload stuff they want to sell at a higher price.

It's always the same thing. "Will this cause another panic?"
What I read that what I hear is "I have a bunch of $500 AR's I bought and I want to $2000 out of them". Neckbearding at its worst.
View Quote

More like I bought a bunch of $500 ARs for $2000 and now need a another panic to try and recoup my "investment".

OP is bad and should feel bad.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is why the the panic talk is stupid.  The state affected might pass something, and that will suck.  But the panic immediately becomes some nation-wide panic of Federal gun crackdowns which simply haven't happened.  It's just asinine.
View Quote

Although you (and DK Prof) are right as to Federal stuff..............I am an old guy and just CANNOT EVER TRUST democrats when it comes to this kind of thing.

It is ingrained into my brain that they will use ANYTHING to try and prevent us from owning firearms.

And I mean ANYTHING.

Call me paranoid and wearing a large tinfoil hat.................I confess to being guilty.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he personally didnt get anything done, and neither did congress..... but part of the fallout of him beating the antigun drum so loudly....... was new york passing the safe act..... colorado's mag law, and a few others i cant remember at the moment. he didnt do it personally... but his constant bleating helped motivate people to pass some state level laws, and if you dont think that him and his staff were making phone calls and personally putting pressure / trying to convince other lawmakers to enact anti gun laws your delusional. .

i dont expect any laws to come from this tragedy.... i was just explaining why people are nervous about obama, and his possible EO's and putting pressure on his agencies, and other politicians to cause problems... atf, irs, etc.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#39]
<<<<----------butt itches........anyone else's itch?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#40]
And this is why guns just aren't that much fun anymore.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF??

It is much better to be gaining ground now rather than in the old days when the future was pretty bleak.

The failure of gun control is plain for anyone to see and things like the abject failure of the Colorado mag ban point to the futility of future gun control efforts.

If "guns just aren't that fun anymore" is your issue the you are part of the problem.

Take up table tennis.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
<<<<----------butt itches........anyone else's itch?
View Quote

No. Try some hemorrhoid cream and don't read on the toilet.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Show me the negatives in the last five years and the positives.

Don't just mention states.  Colorado did things that were not ideal but were not debilitating.   Even the magazine limit law appears to be largely ignored according to some reports.

Texas just got open carry of pistols I believe.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.  Used to be my favorite thing. Innocent fun with a serious purpose if need be.  I'm still glad to have them but the bullcrap surrounding the hobby has turned me away a little.  Not getting rid of them unless my boat sinks though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

As I noted above, the Colorado laws were minor.  A background check costs a few dollars.  I don't like the magazine limit but my magazines are grandfathered and supposedly I could get plenty by driving to a nearby state.

I can open carry and I have a CCW permit.  Sometimes I do both.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The effect is the same for us. For example, because of EO, now in Texas, New Mexico Arizona and California we cannot buy 2 or more long arms in a 5 day period from an FFL without the transaction getting reported to ATF. Considering that if you have a CHL nothing but the 4473 is required in Texas, I call that federal gun registration by EO.
View Quote

Day 1...buy gun.

Go do stuff.  Cut grass.  Play with the kids.

Smoke some brisket.  Watch a reality show.   Go to work a lot.  Vacuum the car.

Day 8..Decide to get another gun.

No problem.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Since when does CNN or MSNBC ever tell anything that remotely resembles the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CNN has a Whitehouse spokesman on right now calling for more gun control.  Expect this to be the case all weekend.

CNN also reported that the shooter purchased the firearm himself and that current federal law "doesn't prohibit people under felony indictment to purchase guns" which is completely false.  It's a question on the 4473.

Yea... They damn sure aren't going to start today!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This...

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This ^^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^^

I understand that he can sell thousand of guns to Mexican Drug Cartels, get an American Federal agent killed and hundreds of Mexican citizens too without any consequence all while trying to undermine the American Second Amendment and ban guns....

Am I CLOSE to what he CAN DO?

Gee, I guess that ain't the fucking School House Rock version of how things work is it? Funny, that's how it DOES WORK in the REAL WORLD.

So, tell me again what he can and can't do.......
Page / 7
Top Top