Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The previews and reviews of the new marine codex are looking interesting.  I think I may finally open the dozen or so boxes I have of assorted bikes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
My brother and I had a battle yesterday, my AdMech vs his Iron Hands and his brand new knight.  What an ass pain that thing is to get off the fucking table.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a cheap way to get the books? I started the Horus Heresy and I don’t feel like paying full price for 50 used books.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a cheap way to get the books? I started the Horus Heresy and I don’t feel like paying full price for 50 used books.
View Quote
you can buy them in lots,   there are a few ebay sellers that give discounts if you buy multiple books.  there are facebook groups that sell some. amazon has most of them as well but only a little cheaper on some and more on others.  not sure if they started selling compendium, like they do with some of the other storylines.  some people have luck in second hand stores, as well.

every now and then humble bundle has a collection as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Keep an eye out for Humble Bundles.  They'll put together big chunks of the series in digital format pretty cheap.

Quite a bit of the Heresy is absolute CRAP, so you can save money and not worry about throwing a book across the room because it's added literally nothing to the goddamn plot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve been wanting to get into it. What are the armies to consider for aggressive play style? Brute tactics, etc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’ve been wanting to get into it. What are the armies to consider for aggressive play style? Brute tactics, etc.
View Quote
Orks and Tyranids are the big ones. Orks are more quirky by can pull off some crazy shit with an army set up right. Bugs are just a gigantic pissed off meat grinder.  If they get close, you’re usually pretty fucked. At least that’s how it was when I played last.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Not much for tabletop gaming myself, but I do love the lore. I just started reading through a giant stack of Rogue Trader rpg books and other lore-heavy sourcebooks, hoping to run a 40k rpg one of these days.

Also ready the Uplifting Primer, which is gold.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Orks and Tyranids are the big ones. Orks are more quirky by can pull off some crazy shit with an army set up right. Bugs are just a gigantic pissed off meat grinder.  If they get close, you’re usually pretty fucked. At least that’s how it was when I played last.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Space Wolves, too.

I've had good luck playing aggressively with Death Korps of Krieg and Death Guard as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you can figure out a way to deliver them into combat en masse, a World Eaters chaos space marine force of primarily Khorne Berzerkers is essentially a fucking running lawn mower dropped on your opponent's balls.
Page / 24
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top