User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 3:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I love me some Angry Marines. I think I’ve decided to paint at least one of my Black Templar assault squads up in their colors.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Chaos makes a convincing argument, however I still side with the Emperor.

This heresy is brought to you by TheMaestroNoob  Although in RT era there were female marines.

Edit: no idea what's going on but image links aren't working for me 80% of the time on arf lately.

Angron

Vs

Space Wolves
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Chaos makes a convincing argument, however I still side with the Emperor.

This heresy is brought to you by TheMaestroNoob  Although in RT era there were female marines.

Edit: no idea what's going on but image links aren't working for me 80% of the time on arf lately.

Angron

Vs

Space Wolves
I feel I just witnessed something the Emperor would disprove of.

On a semi-serious note, are Space Marines sterile or just less sexually driven? Because the idea of an entire Chapter of females augmented for maximum aggression and all "synced up" sounds both terrifying and problematic for the maintenance of order on the battlefield. I can't recall any children of Space Marines, and the level of augmentation seems like it'd probably chemically castrate them from stress on the body if nothing else. If they are all sterile, then that combined with the level of augmentation shouldn't leave females at any real disadvantage once they are fully converted. They'l start with less bone/muscle density but the augmentations will be remaking that part of them essentially from the ground up, regardless.

Though the idea of them ending up looking like attractive women is unlikely. More like bulked up men with some vaguely feminine features. Curves and boobs go away due to extremely low fat content in the body once the metabolism is optimized, and if the hormonal systems are rebuild then they will effectively just be aggressive eunuchs like male Space Marines appear to be.

They'd be at a pretty significant disadvantage pre-augmentation, but since the IG has no apparent issues with female soldiers and the Battle Bitches appear to be quite combat effective (albeit horrendously less capable than they seem to think they are, power armor does not make one a Space Marine), I can't see why females couldn't be Space Marines. Removing half the population from consideration seems less than efficient, but given the population of the Imperium and the comparatively tiny number of Space Marines, maybe that doesn't matter.

I do question why the Emperor seems so set against female Marines. I don't buy the excuse that only males can take the Geneseed. If you are augmenting to that extent anyway, sex shouldn't be a significant hurdle. I am tempted to think maybe Emps just didn't like women. He does seem to be rather celibate, though that could just be due to him being so physically massive that the relevant physical actions aren't possible with any Human female.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

On a semi-serious note, are Space Marines sterile or just less sexually driven?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I dunno if there's anything conclusive in the fluff about it.  I sort of assumed that the dicks dropped off during the whole transformation process, leaving them smooth as a Ken doll.  Lukas the Trickster of the Space Wolves says that he's fathered quite a few children and he goes to live with villages on Fenris from time to time, but it's also implied that he was taken as an aspirant as an adult rather than a teenager, so he might have been knocking boots before he became trans-human.

Smooth as a Ken doll kinda went out the window with The Emperor's Gift by ADB though.  A Grey Night is showering with the rest of an Inquisitor's Team and one of them checks him out and remarks that it was a shame he became a Space Marine.  Grey Night doesn't get the joke, however.

And there's the OLD, OLD, OLD fluff, going back to the 1st or 2nd edition that kinda implied that they could produce offspring.  Of course, back then, Leman Russ was just a regular space marine too.

I do question why the Emperor seems so set against female Marines. I don't buy the excuse that only males can take the Geneseed. If you are augmenting to that extent anyway, sex shouldn't be a significant hurdle. I am tempted to think maybe Emps just didn't like women. He does seem to be rather celibate, though that could just be due to him being so physically massive that the relevant physical actions aren't possible with any Human female.
I don't think there's any particular reason given other than just standard 40,000 year old dude chauvinism or maybe since he already had templates for Custodes and Thunder Warriors, it was simpler to use men...  In The Sigilite (I think) Malcador is talking to someone and says that he tried to convince Big E to make the Primarchs female.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dunno if there's anything conclusive in the fluff about it.  I sort of assumed that the dicks dropped off during the whole transformation process, leaving them smooth as a Ken doll.  Lukas the Trickster of the Space Wolves says that he's fathered quite a few children and he goes to live with villages on Fenris from time to time, but it's also implied that he was taken as an aspirant as an adult rather than a teenager, so he might have been knocking boots before he became trans-human.

Smooth as a Ken doll kinda went out the window with The Emperor's Gift by ADB though.  A Grey Night is showering with the rest of an Inquisitor's Team and one of them checks him out and remarks that it was a shame he became a Space Marine.  Grey Night doesn't get the joke, however.

And there's the OLD, OLD, OLD fluff, going back to the 1st or 2nd edition that kinda implied that they could produce offspring.  Of course, back then, Leman Russ was just a regular space marine too.

I don't think there's any particular reason given other than just standard 40,000 year old dude chauvinism or maybe since he already had templates for Custodes and Thunder Warriors, it was simpler to use men...  In The Sigilite (I think) Malcador is talking to someone and says that he tried to convince Big E to make the Primarchs female.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. I'd assume the reason would be the advantages the maternal instinct might play in leading a legion, but without having read the book (or any 40k books, since I know as soon as I read one I'll start buying all of them and my budget'll be screwed for years.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Speaking of the books, I really want to get some of Artel W's minis at some point.  Naturally they wouldn't count as the book characters, but...

(Cain, Jurgen, Inquisitor Vail, the Eisenhorn gang, and Ravenor)
Wargame Exclusive does some great sculpts too, but the female models are more 'stripper...ish' while Artel stays with the same general 40k or fantasy design ideas.  Although I'd use their female Yarrick just to annoy people.

https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/12492559/1035015903.jpg
https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/12492559/1034817702.jpg
https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/12492559/1035008630.jpg
https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/12492559/946050133.jpg
https://wargameexclusive.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/BRAVE-COMMISSAR-01.jpg
View Quote
I never pictured ravenor being encased in a giant metal boot.  More like a floating orb or some shit.  Not a scar buttstock.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently they're going to make a live-action TV show based on the Eisenhorn series.  The project is being led by the guy who made Man in the High Castle, FWIW.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-creator-of-man-in-the-high-castle-is-bring-warhamme-1836457904/amp
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Woot!  Birthday present for my boy and I arrived from my brother.

My son plays Death Guard (blech).

I am a Knight player who may be tempted back into the furious embrace of the Blood God.

Attachment Attached File

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Woot!  Birthday present for my boy and I arrived from my brother.

My son plays Death Guard (blech).

I am a Knight player who may be tempted back into the furious embrace of the Blood God.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75898/IMG_20190717_193353_jpg-1020262.JPG

Best,
JBR
View Quote

Congrats
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Sabaton song that just makes me think of the death korp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flZQKqSQ1ug

Also makes me want to start that army, to bad they are unobtainable
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm kind of surprised people don't just 3D print this stuff. Is there any reason? For the cost of many of the armies I've seen you are about at a decent 3D printer cost.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a nice resin printer.

I still like authentic kits and figs.

Although I do have some custom bits planned for my Knights.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#13]
People are using 3d printed miniatures. The primary use is for scenery pieces, but there are others that have printed playable minis.

Most printers are only going to print .2mm layers without alot of calibration. This really isn't sharp enough for 28mm troops. Sure I've seen paint jobs so poor, that it wouldn't matter, but I enjoy the quality sculpting from GW.

For vehicles, a printed version makes some sense.

The most reasonable complaint about 3d printed miniatures is that some who do it put no further effort into the model. Truely it's no different than the guy with the primer paint only army, but guys that have spent money and time get salty over someone taking a percieved shortcut. This problem is easily dealt with by setting some minimum standards at tournaments such as a 3 color minimum and no cardboard bases.

The other argument is that your local shops are going to lose money and go out of business. That isn't much of a threat until 3d printers and scanners are in nearly every home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People are using 3d printed miniatures. The primary use is for scenery pieces, but there are others that have printed playable minis.

Most printers are only going to print .2mm layers without alot of calibration. This really isn't sharp enough for 28mm troops. Sure I've seen paint jobs so poor, that it wouldn't matter, but I enjoy the quality sculpting from GW.

The most reasonable complaint about 3d printed miniatures is that some who do it put no further effort into the model. Truely it's no different than the guy with the primer paint only army, but guys that have spent money and time get salty over someone taking a percieved shortcut. This problem is easily dealt with by setting some minimum standards at tournaments such as a 3 color minimum and no cardboard bases.

The other argument is that your local shops are going to lose money and go out of business. That isn't much of a threat until 3d printers and scanners are in nearly every home.
View Quote
Those issues should disappear relatively soon since the printers are constantly getting better at small details.

My local game shop was (as it finally went out of business) f'ing awful with crap selection, no interest in helping anyone, and awful prices on everything, so I can't really feel much sympathy for them. Like LGS's, the good ones should be fine because they are far more than just another store that sells things.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Cheaper and easier to recast anyhow.  Provided you’re willing to learn pressure casting or similar.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Apparently they're going to make a live-action TV show based on the Eisenhorn series.  The project is being led by the guy who made Man in the High Castle, FWIW.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-creator-of-man-in-the-high-castle-is-bring-warhamme-1836457904/amp
View Quote

Can't believe the nerds in the hive are focused on minis and completely ignored this announcement.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Can't believe the nerds in the hive are focused on minis and completely ignored this announcement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Man in the High Castle good?  I haven't seen it, so I can't tell if this is a good omen for 40k.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I honestly thought it was stupid af before even finishing 1 ep so i stopped watching BUT that prob had more to do with the setting itself than the actual plot/acting/budget.  No idea if the shows good or not.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell of a Nerf bat if you own a $535 Porphyrion Knight model.

Big Knights Update from GW.

But, If you can swap out weapons on your Armigers, or want to run the smaller FW Knights, the new Forge World weapons hold promise.  They're also cheap as hell, pointswise.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hope its good, but that cgi film left a bad taste. it was like they gave up shortly after starting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Just started playing.  Started painting December of 2018.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I hope its good, but that cgi film left a bad taste. it was like they gave up shortly after starting.
View Quote
Which film?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm mostly a historicals player but I'm playing Kill Team with Death Guard.  Need to get some Terminators though.  I have some older tactical Space Wolves I may play at some point, just got some metal termies and librarians off Ebay to paint up.

As for regular 40k...well the rules are pretty much awful.  The IGYG system is bad and the rules around it are mostly awful too. Granted KT is mostly the same but with a few differences that help.

I wish I could get people in my normal wargaming group to play some old school 1e Rogue Trader, back when it was designed around smaller units and had logical wargaming rules for cover and LOS.  Most games I see today are masses of expensive models and aircraft and all kinds of foolishness. But most of my gaming buddies are not into the GW cost and rules.  For the cost of 1 40k squad you can get an entire platoon of WW2 28mm and play with much more interesting rulesets.

There is a mashup of Bolt Action and Gates of Antares with 40k fluff I'd like to check out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've seen a few videos on them on YT.  Is the Death Korps even an effective fighting force or do they only strive to cost the enemy all of their ammo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement.

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0312/42/1396555239796.jpg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/11/Krieg_Soldat.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120622211121
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/e/e1/KriegGren.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20120630203907

DKoK fanboy here.
I have a decent army.  I also hate myself for choosing one of the most expensive factions. But they look awesome and their lore is badass.  Death Korps are one of the few regiments that when ordered to charge into a daemonic horde will not hesitate and their commissars are afraid of being shot by the guardsmen for cowardice.  
I've seen a few videos on them on YT.  Is the Death Korps even an effective fighting force or do they only strive to cost the enemy all of their ammo?
Yes, they are pretty much raised from birth (however that may be) to serve in the imperial guard.  Dying in battle fighting for the emperor is the highest honor, but they also go through quite rigorous training as well.  In order to become an NCO a guardsmen must serve in the grenadiers, and obviously live, which isn’t easy.

It’s not that death korps are needlessly wasting their lives. Remember they specifically requested the most dangerous locations to be deployed.  Death korps are happy slaughtering waves of Xenos and traitor scum all day long with out dying.  It’s just that if they die they want to die for victory.  As long as the objective is taken and the casualties can be replaced a kreigsman is happy.

On the table top, they are a formidable force once in strength.  It was hard to really be effective with a small point army, but once get the numbers up. 20 flash light shots are no joke especially for grenadiers. The no morale for casualties taken in shooting phase is nice too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But, If you can swap out weapons on your Armigers, or want to run the smaller FW Knights, the new Forge World weapons hold promise.  They're also cheap as hell, pointswise.

Best,
JBR
View Quote
What did the Porphyrion's rules look like before this?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best,
JBR
I think 9 Toughness, 2+ Ballistic Skill, and regain wounds.
Now 8 Toughness, 3+ BS, no healing.
Same point cost.
There's a lot of unhappiness out there.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Which film?
View Quote
Ultramarines movie.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I know it’s not 40k, but any of you guys gonna be giving warcry a shot?

I’m feeling the it’s hard to build a skeleton warband. Preordered the rule cards for them at my local shop.

Also with that mentioned, I’m absolutely loving the card system they are using with it vs having all the unit stats in books. Gonna make adding new factions silly easy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Inquisitor - Martyr 40k  video game on sale on Steam for $24.99 till 8-2-19

the review is a year old, so they might have patched something.

Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr Review
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know it’s not 40k, but any of you guys gonna be giving warcry a shot?

I’m feeling the it’s hard to build a skeleton warband. Preordered the rule cards for them at my local shop.

Also with that mentioned, I’m absolutely loving the card system they are using with it vs having all the unit stats in books. Gonna make adding new factions silly easy.
View Quote
I’m sorely tempted by it.  My main problem comes when I honestly ask myself if I will actually play it.  I may just grab the starter box, but for that price I could get a couple of the AdMech hover transports, or get the new book coming out for Necromunda and the fucking amazing new Enforcers.  The snag for me is that I think that Warcry starter box is going to be like the Kill Team one in that once the first run is sold out and they have their community for the game established they won’t bother with reprinting the big loss leader box and they’ll only sell the rule book and war band boxes separately, meaning that the discounts one gets from the big intro box won’t be available to those who aren’t early adopters.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm mostly a historicals player but I'm playing Kill Team with Death Guard.  Need to get some Terminators though.  I have some older tactical Space Wolves I may play at some point, just got some metal termies and librarians off Ebay to paint up.

As for regular 40k...well the rules are pretty much awful.  The IGYG system is bad and the rules around it are mostly awful too. Granted KT is mostly the same but with a few differences that help.

I wish I could get people in my normal wargaming group to play some old school 1e Rogue Trader, back when it was designed around smaller units and had logical wargaming rules for cover and LOS.  Most games I see today are masses of expensive models and aircraft and all kinds of foolishness. But most of my gaming buddies are not into the GW cost and rules.  For the cost of 1 40k squad you can get an entire platoon of WW2 28mm and play with much more interesting rulesets.

There is a mashup of Bolt Action and Gates of Antares with 40k fluff I'd like to check out.
View Quote
If I could get easy access to a copy, preferably a hard copy, of first edition RT, I’m certain that I could get 2-5 players in my group to play that almost exclusively.  As it is, a copy of the RT book that’s not completely trashed has become something of a collectible these days with prices that make new production GW products seem downright affordable by comparison.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
0.2 is coarse by even budget machine standards now. Its standard because from a strength and appearance perspective it's good enough for most things, but you can crank even a budget ender 3 down to 0.08 if you wanted.

A resin printer capable of 40k minis can be had for about $300.

There's no scene here to play even if I was still into it, but I always found arguments against proxies and the like as specious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Inquisitor - Martyr 40k  video game on sale on Steam for $24.99 till 8-2-19

the review is a year old, so they might have patched something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUuUjQblXdc
View Quote
They completely reworked the game a little while ago.  I played through the un-reworked version and it was enjoyable.  A bit repetitive, but fun.  Like Deathwing, they got the feel down really well, and included enough interesting elements to make it more enjoyable.  Taking an Imperial Knight and destroying Chaos was pretty fun.  I don't think the player base ever go to the point where you could regularly play coop, which is unfortunate.

They just released an expansion, that I will be getting once it drops down in price on Steam.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They completely reworked the game a little while ago.  I played through the un-reworked version and it was enjoyable.  A bit repetitive, but fun.  Like Deathwing, they got the feel down really well, and included enough interesting elements to make it more enjoyable.  Taking an Imperial Knight and destroying Chaos was pretty fun.  I don't think the player base ever go to the point where you could regularly play coop, which is unfortunate.

They just released an expansion, that I will be getting once it drops down in price on Steam.
View Quote
I’ve always wanted an Inquisitor RPG game in the fashion of Baldur’s Gate with a good story, good gameplay and an open world. I watched some of the videos and reviews of this game and it looked more like a “hack and slash” Diablo type game, which is not my style.

What was your take on it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I’ve always wanted an Inquisitor RPG game in the fashion of Baldur’s Gate with a good story, good gameplay and an open world. I watched some of the videos and reviews of this game and it looked more like a “hack and slash” Diablo type game, which is not my style.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baldurs Gate 2 is my all time favorite game.  Inquisitor Martyr is very much a Diablo clone, and is a pretty repetitive hack and slash.  I enjoyed it, but I had little desire to play it after I finished the story.  There are other sectors to open up, and you can fight the Drukhari, but leveling up to get there was more of a chore than it was worth to me.  They might have added the Tyranids too. Like Diablo 3, its a beautiful game, and being an Inquisitor is pretty awesome.

I am going to replay the game when I get the expansion.  Apparently they listened to the complaints many people had.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good looking God Machines? What Legio?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've always wanted an Inquisitor RPG game in the fashion of Baldur's Gate with a good story, good gameplay and an open world. I watched some of the videos and reviews of this game and it looked more like a "hack and slash" Diablo type game, which is not my style.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always wanted an Inquisitor RPG game in the fashion of Baldur's Gate with a good story, good gameplay and an open world. I watched some of the videos and reviews of this game and it looked more like a "hack and slash" Diablo type game, which is not my style.

I'd love a 40k shooter/RPG, like Mass Effect or Bethesda's Fallout. 40k has tons of cool places to visit and explore, cool enemies to fight, cool guns to shoot, and cool armor to wear. Playing as a Rogue Trader or Inquisitor would be a hoot.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd love a 40k shooter/RPG, like Mass Effect or Bethesda's Fallout. 40k has tons of cool places to visit and explore, cool enemies to fight, cool guns to shoot, and cool armor to wear. Playing as a Rogue Trader or Inquisitor would be a hoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is supposedly a new shooter coming out from the guys who made Deathwing.  There is almost no information about it however.

https://twitter.com/FocusHome/status/1116326085027926016/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1116326085027926016&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcinvasion.com%2Fnew-warhammer-games%2F
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If I could get easy access to a copy, preferably a hard copy, of first edition RT, I'm certain that I could get 2-5 players in my group to play that almost exclusively.  As it is, a copy of the RT book that's not completely trashed has become something of a collectible these days with prices that make new production GW products seem downright affordable by comparison.
View Quote
really?  I guess I should dig mine out then.   I have a ton of the old school GW rule books, games, and models from the early 90's.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
the one thing with 40k games, whether they are good are bad.  just being able to run around and enjoy the settings and scenery that were just mere sketches turned into something more. is a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Baldurs Gate 2 is my all time favorite game.  Inquisitor Martyr is very much a Diablo clone, and is a pretty repetitive hack and slash.  I enjoyed it, but I had little desire to play it after I finished the story.  There are other sectors to open up, and you can fight the Drukhari, but leveling up to get there was more of a chore than it was worth to me.  They might have added the Tyranids too. Like Diablo 3, its a beautiful game, and being an Inquisitor is pretty awesome.

I am going to replay the game when I get the expansion.  Apparently they listened to the complaints many people had.
View Quote
Thanks, maybe I’ll buy it when it goes on deep discount on Steam. Seems like there hasn’t been a decent wh40k game since DoW 2. I really want to try the new Space Hulk game, because how hard can it be to make a decent Space Hulk, but the reviews seem to indicate it is another disappointment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks, maybe I’ll buy it when it goes on deep discount on Steam. Seems like there hasn’t been a decent wh40k game since DoW 2. I really want to try the new Space Hulk game, because how hard can it be to make a decent Space Hulk, but the reviews seem to indicate it is another disappointment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked Space Hulk but you really need a good team for multiplayer. The enhanced edition helped a lot. That game is a work of art.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
the one thing with 40k games, whether they are good are bad.  just being able to run around and enjoy the settings and scenery that were just mere sketches turned into something more. is a lot of fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely agree. I never got through DoW 3 but intend to just for the ambiance.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Hoo boy, big update for Primaris.

New Codex.  New supplements for that codex.  New Walker.  New Transport.  New other stuff.

Primaris Update From Games Workshop

Of course, I just bought my son the old codex yesterday.  Go figure.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I will have all of it. Transports for my homebrew Primaris Chapter, more Phobos armored dudes for my Raptor company, and hopefully a Imperial Fist/Black Templar supplement for my favorite Zealous Rage Marines.

If I was a good enough modeler/painter, I’d definitely do a diorama of that new walker fighting a Trygon ala “Aliens.”
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just started playing.  Started painting December of 2018.
https://i.imgur.com/qCWq7xr.jpg
View Quote
Nice work
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#47]
another kill team box set to.

tau vs spacewolves
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Is this more about building models or is this about playing a game.

Most of the stuff I've read is about painting models.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is this more about building models or is this about playing a game.

Most of the stuff I've read is about painting models.
View Quote
Yes?

Some people enjoy building the models more, some the painting more, others the playing.

It’s a lot easier to talk about what you’re painting and  building between the 2-3 hour games you might play once a week and the lore than just talking about the game you played. At least in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#50]
WiP.  Coming along slower than I'd like, but it's shaping up very nicely.

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top