BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check EuroOptic.  Merican made H45 for $675 ish.  I'm hunting for an HK45CT, myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I visited two LGSes today, checked out the USPc, the HK45, the VP9.  They seemed cool.  One place told me the HK45 is basically a USP with a picatinny rail and different-shaped grip.  Not sure how valid that is.  I'd love an HK45 even thought I prefer striker-fired pistols, but the price was over $1100

Then I check out the Glock G41 (longslide .45Auto) versus the Glock G40 (loooongslide 10mm).  Holy shit the G40 slide is a BEAST compared to the G41. Much more overbuilt.
Check EuroOptic.  Merican made H45 for $675 ish.  I'm hunting for an HK45CT, myself.
Yeah, you can get the HK45 for a cheaper price these days. $1100 is the original price back when they came out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer my USPT to my HK45. I just realized that the HK45 c I picked up Friday can use my USP45c magazines, and my HK45 fullsize mags.
For the size of the HK45s, look at a compact before you buy a full size.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I prefer my USPT to my HK45. I just realized that the HK45 c I picked up Friday can use my USP45c magazines, and my HK45 fullsize mags.
For the size of the HK45s, look at a compact before you buy a full size.....
View Quote
The HK45 mags will work in both the HK45C and the USP 45C.  They just stick out a bit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I visited two LGSes today, checked out the USPc, the HK45, the VP9.  They seemed cool.  One place told me the HK45 is basically a USP with a picatinny rail and different-shaped grip.  Not sure how valid that is.  I'd love an HK45 even thought I prefer striker-fired pistols, but the price was over $1100

Then I check out the Glock G41 (longslide .45Auto) versus the Glock G40 (loooongslide 10mm).  Holy shit the G40 slide is a BEAST compared to the G41. Much more overbuilt.
View Quote
HK45 isn't "basically" a USP. For one, it doesn't have the unique recoil spring system the USP has.

It was submitted for military trials though. There was a reliability test with 50,000 rounds fired and 2 malfunctions. So is sound pretty dang reliable by that metric.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

HK45 isn't "basically" a USP. For one, it doesn't have the unique recoil spring system the USP has.

It was submitted for military trials though. There was a reliability test with 50,000 rounds fired and 2 malfunctions. So is sound pretty dang reliable by that metric.
View Quote
The P series also has a slightly longer reset than the USP guns...not a huge deal but if you're one of the folks who likes to ride the reset vs flip and press, you'll notice the difference, especially in LEM.

I wish I could LEM all my USPs but keeping them DA/SA makes it a lot easier to pick up and be proficient with nearly anything else that's not a USP...
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top