BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 57
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread is hilarious. People are going off the rails with virtually no information and are so completely wrong. One of two things is happening:
1) We are bowing to our Brownell overlords contrary to everything that we've been saying and are prepared to completety change Arfcom into some mindless corporate entity and every staff member has been lying to you; or
2) It's just like TBS has stated in that thread and we're on one of our periodic quests to try to clean up/improve GD.

Everyone put on your big boy pants and play the "what is more likely" game using your critical reasoning skills.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wonder if this means I can't post Rogueboss meme's anymore?

Ive got a great new one I haven't had a good opportunity to use yet.  
View Quote
Post it before the new rules go into effect.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333874/BBC-969068.jpg
View Quote

Funny thing is I can give and take with you. Some 3rd party member/brownells is gonna ruin it all
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Post it before the new rules go into effect.
View Quote
It's situational bro.  Looks stupid out of context.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
As long as you put a at the end of the post your good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What if I said these discussions have been carried on for years and various attempts were made but volunteers lose interest and without strong leadership the ability to maintain the momentum just isn't there.

The current, I hate to use "attempt" because this one is already much different, but the current attempt started back in late 2018 and you are just now seeing the public part of it.

You can blame it on Brownells and I'm sure no one will care, but this is a result of the management listening to the members and attempting to make changes that hopefully would be better and not worst.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Funny thing is I can give and take with you. Some 3rd party member/brownells is gonna ruin it all
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I shit post too much to be a mod. Not happening.https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can stop at any time now, the powers to be know you want to be a mod. The butt smooching is a bit obvious.
I shit post too much to be a mod. Not happening.https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
Perfect fit for Site staff then?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Arfcom should sell indulgences for bannable offenses.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This thread is hilarious. People are going off the rails with virtually no information and are so completely wrong. One of two things is happening:
1) We are bowing to our Brownell overlords contrary to everything that we've been saying and are prepared to completety change Arfcom into some mindless corporate entity and every staff member has been lying to you; or
2) It's just like TBS has stated in that thread and we're on one of our periodic quests to try to clean up/improve GD.

Everyone put on your big boy pants and play the "what is more likely" game using your critical reasoning skills.
View Quote
Someone wants a Brownells gift card

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#12]
So what you're saying is I should call people names as to get it outta my system?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Now we have to behave like there’s always brass sitting in the cruiser/truck with us
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Will all the Aimless jokes and memes have to stop?  
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I am willing to work with them. Hope it works out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
So, is it just like the gypsy woman said?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Agree it all sounds good in theory.

As long as the line between insults and humor is clearly defined because both are highly subjective and if it's up to mod interpretation that can be iffy. Doesn't really affect me as I'm no good at either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like they are looking for Consistency. I am a fan of Consistency.
Agree it all sounds good in theory.

As long as the line between insults and humor is clearly defined because both are highly subjective and if it's up to mod interpretation that can be iffy. Doesn't really affect me as I'm no good at either.
I agree with you. The line needs to be drawn but if it’s it’s to thin and simply stepping on it leads to a ban. This place is going to be dull.

As it is now the line is broad and is never completely straight and true, whipping like a ribbon in a wind storm.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Old infractions needs to drop off after a certain amount of time. Otherwise, long time members are penalized for warnings and time outs they received many years ago
View Quote
This is very reasonable.

“HE HAD A LONG LIST OF INFRACTIONS”

Yeah, for mostly small shit. Over the span of 10-15 years. That says as much about their longevity and commitment to the site as it does about behavior. Not implementing something like this will only contribute to eliminating longstanding members.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#20]
So don't talk bad about brownells... because they have nothing to do with this and just keep their name outta your mouth. Got it!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Now we have to behave like there's always brass sitting in the cruiser/truck with us
View Quote
Meh I got one of these
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
as long as "trolling" can be defined, I am good with it.
View Quote
Most of the loudest whiners define trolling as being insufficiently pro-Trump.

Fact.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Will all the Aimless jokes and memes have to stop?  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_shock.gif
View Quote
They'll be grandfathered in.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Honestly.

Black Ops filtered out A LOT of retards and tinfoilers.

It’s time to Black Ops this bitch again.

Every fucking thing is a conspiracy now.

Shooting at a garlic festival, “which democrat is in trouble...”

“False flag!!!!!” REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
...but knee-jerk reacting is what we’re best (and worst) at!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#30]
And we need a non-public "purgatory" section, where people doing ban worthy stuff are tossed temporarily or forever, based on their conduct and contrition level. That way, they are quarantined from GD but others who like their style can still interact with them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope.  Just gonna start some new ones<<<<<<<is this the appropriate emoticon.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So every single member of Site Staff is just lying to everyone?

Can you come up with any explanation for WHY in the world we would do that?
View Quote
There is going to naturally be skepticism on this due to the timing. Whether there is a Brownells-led purge going on or this is just a big misunderstanding, the change of ownership followed almost immediately to changes to GD just looks bad, whether there’s any substance or not.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#33]
"2. Trolling. we will be formally defining it and strictly enforcing it. If you are here to disrupt the site those days are numbered. "

I hope this is in direct reference to obvious anti-2a posts and poster's used for bait. I hope this is not used to address members calling out those posts. This is "AR-15.com". It's not like leftists trolls don't know what they are stepping in.

The Garlic festival shooting thread went full downward spiral because of this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You may have seen me around and you may have come to a conclusion about my trustworthiness and honesty over the years and use that as a guide to determine the veracity of this statement: *I* am telling you that this is not at the behest of Brownell's. I am putting my personal reputation on the line. Either I am a bald-faced liar or I'm telling the truth. You decide.

I can't help you any further than that.
View Quote
Lol, no.  I meant asking us to put on our big boy pants and use critical thinking is a losing proposition.

We're not really known for that.  Count yourself lucky, no one has tied this decision to Soros, bigfoot, or the deep state...yet.  I think site staff should count this thread as a total win.

I like you fine Zhuk, why you gotta be like that?  
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So every single member of Site Staff is just lying to everyone?

Can you come up with any explanation for WHY in the world we would do that?
View Quote
Timing looks real bad
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hope topics get moved to the right forum.

Got a build question? Move that thread to the armory.

Jesus is awesome! Cool story, thread moved to the religion forum.

I've been around since 01' and this site has gone way downhill.

Before anyone asks, I've been sent overseas a few times and over almost 20 years I never remember my logins after going away for months at a time and I just start a new account.
View Quote
What’s gone uphill?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So don't talk bad about brownells... because they have nothing to do with this and just keep their name outta your mouth. Got it!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So the site attempting to improve moderation, setting up a better appeals process for those who get in trouble, and attempt to better control the commies and trolls is a bad thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who has been here long enough knows this website has been going downhill for a while now.  I'm sure this new Brownells COC will just be another step in the wrong direction.
So the site attempting to improve moderation, setting up a better appeals process for those who get in trouble, and attempt to better control the commies and trolls is a bad thing?
As I said, what has been the history of those attempts on other sites?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Those will be a requirement. 1 out of every 8.7 posts has to be an Aimless joke/meme

As a matter of fact I am due for one....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/175289/33yi32-986957.gif
View Quote
Quoted:

They'll be grandfathered in.
View Quote
Quoted:

I'm pushing to make it a requirement.
View Quote
Great news!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As long as you put a https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif at the end of the post your good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as you put a https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif at the end of the post your good.
To be safe I’ll just add it to my sig line.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you're not here to be an asshole, this isn't going to have a massive impact. Defining and restricting trolling is probably going to be the most significant thing but it won't be some kind of board-crushing bloodbath.

Follow the rules and understand that the days of members intentionally shitting up the place for their own entertainment are drawing to a close.
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because REASONS! We have no personal integrity. We are mindless automatons under control of Brownell's master mind.
View Quote
Well, you do have a damn Russian avatar....Oh wait...nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#47]
-This thread has been 100% ABSOLUTELY NOT IN ANY WAY been brought to you by Brownells.

*in fact, it’s so not brought to you by Brownells we need to remind you of that any time the subject of moderation is brought up in GD, and preemptively AT THE VERY TOP of these updated rules that are implemented after their recent acquisition.

lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#48]
This is worrisome. We seem to be regularly changing site conduct standards and replacing a limited number of rules with increased subjectivity backed up by an "appeals" process because of the subjectivity involved.  Does not bode well for the future, comrade.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Posted this in another thread about this, but since this one has staff...

An idea for “breaking” threads (shootings/natural disasters/etc)

The site really needs to keep these event  threads on topic better.

Have a “event” thread for actual info and a separate thread for the idiots to argue.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only if you ignore history of such attempts on other sites. But hey if it drive ar15.com further down the rankings because of lost traffic no skin off anyone buttocks right?
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top