Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
had a customer years ago with a Ceiner 1911 conversion on a new Kimber frame (non-series II) that was having all kinds of issues.
Sent it to Ceiner, he sent it back saying the frame was bad!! He is a douche of the highest order..

Had the same happen with my Springfield frame with one of his 1911 kits. Total shit, actually got so tired of dealing with him that I THREW it in the trash.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NbyHytIWOyg/TrMgAPB3_MI/AAAAAAAAEP4/HRN_BibC0tY/s1600/DSC_0391.JPG" target="_blank">http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NbyHytIWOyg/TrMgAPB3_MI/AAAAAAAAEP4/HRN_BibC0tY/s1600/DSC_0391.JPG</a>

Shorts.

MF'er wears black socks wif shorts in public should be arrested.

It's the law in Canada.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If 1/10th the stuff about his attitude is true, this was a long time coming.

No real sympathy for him here.

Yup, I am guessing he finally pissed off the wrong person.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately , his brother is a defense attorney , and the fucker will probably skate free

http://cienercriminaldefense.com/profiles.php

yepper that's him .Made a fortune on busted drug dealers , so the story goes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to be happy about it, but he's been pulling stuff like this for decades.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 1911 conversion that I waited on for 9 months, my AR conversion I pickup up second hand. Karma came back and knocked him on his ass finally.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He is probably being charged for money he took from customers but never delivered a product. Then when you call or write to ask on the status of your order he would bill you $15!!!!!

There are numerous reports of people ordering stuff and never receiving. It is even documented with the cashing of postal money orders.

I will only buy his stuff second hand, he was an ass to me on the phone back 2005.

I was at Knob Creek one time when he had a big pile of  his conversion kits for sale and a man arrived who had ordered on line or by phone and was given the old "backorder" run around.  The guy got pissed and it almost came to a fight because Ceiner would not give him one there and insisted he had to wait for his order to be filled.

Ceiner was wearing a pirate hat the entire time.  Appropriate.

Quoted:
Due to the QUALITY / PERFORMANCE of our products, the UN-PRESIDENTED increase in costs of ammunition and it's unavailability,
the long preached viability of our "CIENER" .22LR Conversion Units has created such demand that WE ARE SWAMPED with orders!
Please to understand that checking the status of your order detracts valuable resources from filling orders ahead of you, thereby slowing shipment of your order. If you can not understand and appreciate this then MAIL your inquiry.

You MUST include:

1) FULL name and address w/ zip code the order was placed under
2) STAMPED self addressed envelope
3) USPS Money Order for $10.00 to cover the research expense

SORRY, but any other form of inquiry can not be addressed.

There is some one on uzitalk i think about 3 years ago who did that and got a letter in the mail from them saying the website was wrong and the charge is now $15.  And because they had to send out a notice he was invoiced an additional $10 + $5 missing from the original postal money order.

Holy shit how the fuck did this guy stay in business even if he was the only game in town for .22 kits. I would rather go without the damn thing than support such a raging fucking asshole.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
He is probably being charged for money he took from customers but never delivered a product. Then when you call or write to ask on the status of your order he would bill you $15!!!!!

There are numerous reports of people ordering stuff and never receiving. It is even documented with the cashing of postal money orders.

I will only buy his stuff second hand, he was an ass to me on the phone back 2005.

I was at Knob Creek one time when he had a big pile of  his conversion kits for sale and a man arrived who had ordered on line or by phone and was given the old "backorder" run around.  The guy got pissed and it almost came to a fight because Ceiner would not give him one there and insisted he had to wait for his order to be filled.

Quoted:
Due to the QUALITY / PERFORMANCE of our products, the UN-PRESIDENTED increase in costs of ammunition and it's unavailability,
the long preached viability of our "CIENER" .22LR Conversion Units has created such demand that WE ARE SWAMPED with orders!
Please to understand that checking the status of your order detracts valuable resources from filling orders ahead of you, thereby slowing shipment of your order. If you can not understand and appreciate this then MAIL your inquiry.

You MUST include:

There is some one on uzitalk i think about 3 years ago who did that and got a letter in the mail from them saying the website was wrong and the charge is now $15.  And because they had to send out a notice he was invoiced an additional $10 + $5 missing from the original postal money order.

Holy shit how the fuck did this guy stay in business even if he was the only game in town for .22 kits. I would rather go without the damn thing than support such a raging fucking asshole.

That bullshit alone should send that fucker to DMV hell , an eternity of waiting in line amongst smelly slags for a number that's never called .
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The guy lost a good 60% of his revenue when his patent expired for the AR15 .22 Kits.
He was a fucking scumbag and im glad CMMG stepped in to fill the void with better CS and support for their products.

he HAD NO Customer service..his answer if something broke was "Buy another kit, I don't Sell parts..now Fuck Off'  IN THOSE WORDS. He laughed at people who threatened to sue him since apparently his Brother or some other family member is a big-ticket Attorney.  I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to go the Criminal route as opposed to the Civil.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's the extent of my conversation with him:

"hi, I'd like to order a spare firing pin for my kit"
"buy a second kit and disassemble it"
<click>

You're kidding, right?

Nope he's not..i know of half a ozen people that had similar "conversations" with the asshole.fase to face and on the phone.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You MUST include:

retailers bought up kost of his stuff, brownells, midway, ect.. MOST people who bout them got them through the middleman not through JAC itself, they only found out about his ahem..Sterling Character if something happened to the kit.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never dealt with the man or his company but around these parts (same county) he is legendary for his warmth, humor,

kindness, understanding, and exemplary customer service in every way.  

Seriously....the guy may be extremely smart about firearms but the only people who deal with him twice are those who are

forced by incredible need or are flat out a glutton for punishment.  

CJ
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
But gee, he was so nice to talk to if you had a problem..........
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately , his brother is a defense attorney , and the fucker will probably skate free

Drug offenses are numero uno on their list of 'services' so that is not surprising...

http://cienercriminaldefense.com/practice.php
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<click>

You're kidding, right?

Nope he's not..i know of half a ozen people that had similar "conversations" with the asshole.fase to face and on the phone.

A guy I used to shoot with had bought one of Ceiner's AR15 .22 conversion units used at a gunshow.  It would not function in his AR15 with multiple types of good quality .22 ammo.  

He called the factory to see about sending the unit in for evaluation and to pay for possible parts replacement.  A guy claiming to be Ceiner himself told him if the unit was sent back, Ceiner would personally throw it in dumpster and that if he wanted parts, he could buy another unit!
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I know who he may choose as his attorney.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<click>

You're kidding, right?

A guy I used to shoot with had bought one of Ceiner's AR15 .22 conversion units used at a gunshow.  It would not function in his AR15 with multiple types of good quality .22 ammo.  

He called the factory to see about sending the unit in for evaluation and to pay for possible parts replacement.  A guy claiming to be Ceiner himself told him if the unit was sent back, Ceiner would personally throw it in dumpster and that if he wanted parts, he could buy another unit!

What a cocksucker.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I know who he may choose as his attorney.

I've met Dan Ceiner.   He's NOT his brother.    Dan is a very sharp guy,  very personable, maybe a little bit crazy....but he has a way of explaining your own "legal troubles" to you in such a way that he has you laughing at your own "situation" and not very worried about it anymore.     He has a very high rate of success in court.   But then again, there is a story (allegedly true) that he once knocked himself out in court once by banging his head against the wall in a slightly overdone bit of courtroom theatrics.  He banged just a little too hard and..

CJ

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ya gotta admit: When it comes to dreaming up new ways of fucking over your customers, that's pretty damned creative...

The man truly IS a genius!
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#20]
FUJC
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

<click>

Yup, heard that one a few times.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've been running a Ceiner conversion for several years, it's a great product.

Go figure.  

Same here.And it was no hassle getting it ether.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#23]
He looks a little like a douchier version of Will Hayden.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Hopefully they'll get Dana Reed next...
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]
FINALLY!!!

Now, if they could put Toad behind bars next.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep.

Dealt with him twice at Knob Creek, trying to get spare parts and mags for a kit I picked up earlier.

The guy's a first rate asshole.  Do not buy his products, cause there is NO Support, NO help, and you'll just get fucked in the long run.

Gave my broken kit away, haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been running a Ceiner conversion for several years, it's a great product.

Go figure.  

Same here.And it was no hassle getting it ether.

I know someone that got a 100% flawless MP-5 copy from SWF..that doesnt make him the Norm, it just means he got lucky
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#28]
It warms my heart to know such a fine member of the gun community will be getting that most important piece of advice from The Other Guys:

I hope you like the taste of prison food...and penis.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

FINALLY!!!

and Chet Durda

Luckily their type seem to be less and less common nowadays , and the ability to shine on a light on them is stupid easy now

seriously you younger guys don't realize how good you have it

till around the late 90s this sort of guy while not being the norm was common enough in the gun business to be expected

when gunlist was the only game in town , you paid everything via check and there was no way to spread the word about assholes and get people together to raise hell with local PDs and DAs

dickheads like him florished

They still exist but 2 minutes on google will tell the tale about most of them

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#30]
lol

why is he sitting down behind his truck?  is he actually hiding out from the cops?
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NbyHytIWOyg/TrMgAPB3_MI/AAAAAAAAEP4/HRN_BibC0tY/s1600/DSC_0391.JPG" target="_blank">http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NbyHytIWOyg/TrMgAPB3_MI/AAAAAAAAEP4/HRN_BibC0tY/s1600/DSC_0391.JPG</a>

Shorts.

With black socks.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Guy is a filthy fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
lol

why is he sitting down behind his truck?  is he actually hiding out from the cops?

He knows he's fucked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I remember someone posted a story about buying a conversion kit that kept ejecting back unto the shooters head. When asked to fix it, Jonathan reportedly replied, "Buy a Hat".

lulz...
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

He knows he's fucked.

I dont think that's him sitting behind the truck..probably one of his machinists who just saw his job go bye-bye.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Everything I've ever heard about the guy makes him sound like a no-shit psychopath.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
FINALLY!!!

That would be a good day. His karma also awaits.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Couldn't have happened to a nicer person cockholster National Public Penis Storage and Servicing Device.

Hay guise, what JAC conversion kit d'you think will work best for him after Bubba bores his ass out to 12ga  40mm?  

FIFY

Here's the conversion:

40mm conversion
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#39]
It's stupid and kinda sad.

This guy could have made a damned good living doing business the right way, and we'd all respect him.

I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's stupid and kinda sad.

This guy could have made a damned good living doing business the right way, and we'd all respect him.

I just don't get it.

Link Posted: 11/5/2011 2:03:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You MUST include:

What a fucking scumbag.

Link Posted: 11/5/2011 2:21:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Many years ago I had a conversation with him.......it was unpleasant.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#43]
i do not know alot about this guy it sems he might

have had better days. when i first moved down here

i remeber his company made belt fed kits for ar's

they were expensive but they were pretty good.

you would have to send in the rifle of course.

i saw one at a gun show many moons ago,

but i guess shit happens.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i do not know alot about this guy it sems he might

have had better days. when i first moved down here

i remeber his company made belt fed kits for ar's

they were expensive but they were pretty good.

you would have to send in the rifle of course.

i saw one at a gun show many moons ago,

but i guess shit happens.

He's done some pretty cool things with guns through the years but has always been a prick from what I hear.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:57:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shorts.

MF'er wears black socks wif shorts in public should be arrested.

I feel the same about white socks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If convicted of the felony charge, will he be permitted to work for his own (Class II) company?

Hell no, he'd better start applying at Mcdonalds
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#48]
"That Funny", Talked at the AssHole just 2 weeks ago at Knob Creek. Ripped me double for parts I had to pick up
for testing... Stupid Hat and all...

Justice is served...

Dave
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He looks a little like a douchier version of Will Hayden.

Not by a longshot .

You can poke fun at Will , and he has his moments I'm sure ( scripted or not ) , but JAC is a true to the bone cocksucker extraordinaire . The shit he asks of people in his employ really make you go , and then seriously contemplate the idea of strangling him.

Back in the 90's , it was hard to find a machinist in Brevard county that , if they hadnt worked there themselves , knew two or three that had . And they ALL had stories to tell .

He ran that company like a sweatshop , belittled and insulted his employes constantly , and didnt want to pay shit for wages . His condescending attitude was the most abrasive of any boss I've ever had by a longshot.

Fuck that douche and his entire company .
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Serious question. Did ceiner design these kits? I ask because most other makers seem to use the same design.

ETA: Asking about ar/m kits.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top