Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yellow jacket is the worst I've had.  We have some velvet ants here, even put it on my hand to take a picture and ask my pest control brother what it was.  He told me not to do that again.  
View Quote

I got into a yellow jacket nest deep in the woods as a kid,  had over 100 stings,  it sucked bad.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Chipmunk.

That’s the thanks I get for saving his ass from a couple of cats.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Scorpion on my taint

Fucking scorpion on the end of my big toe in the shower

Tarantula hawk on my ribcage
Thought fucking with it was funny till It got me
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Bald faced hornets will ruin your day quick.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Red ant, fire ant, wasp, sweat bee.  Nothing too crazy.

I saw a guy with a horse fly bite.  Holy moly!  0 out of 10, do not want!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Got bit by some kind of spider on my right thigh while at MCT after boot camp. Went to see the Corpsman and he said to let him see it. So I unbuckled my trousers and showed him the bite. It was swole up to the size of a lemon, but it didn't really hurt. He said yep, a spider bit you and then he walked away.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was a teenager, I got a blowjob from a girl with braces on her teeth. Does that count?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Bit on the ear by a horse fly
Bark scorpion on trigger finger
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I've only seen a velvet ant once in my life and no, it didn't sting me.

Just was walking along the pavement. They are apparently some kind of a wasp not an ant.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Got stung by some crazy orange Hornet when I was in Iraq. Hurt like heck, and I had to sit in the medical office for a couple hours to make sure I didn't break out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I got bit by a brown recluse in a church bathroom as a kid. I was pretty sick for a while.

I've also been bitten by a macaroni penguin at the Cincinnati zoo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Yellowjacket flew into my sweatshirt and stung me on the nipple, almost dead center.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#13]
In the Bahamas banging some chick in the ocean one night. Both of us stung by some cockblocking jellyfish. Absolute mood killer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I’ve bee been stung by those, but the worst hot jelly I’ve gotten into was sea nettles.  Felt like red hot barbed wire dragged across my abdomen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Got bit by a kestrel once. It sucked.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Scorpion on my taint

Fucking scorpion on the end of my big toe in the shower

Tarantula hawk on my ribcage
Thought fucking with it was funny till It got me
View Quote

Why was there a scorpion in your shower?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Mojave Rattlesnake is venomous. Its venom is a neurotoxin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because snakes are venomous.

Technically you can get bit by a poisonous snake. It just won't hurt you as it's not venomous.

No snake is both venomous and poisonous that I'm aware of.

But the garter snake is poisonous due to the toxins it absorbs from its prey.

The Mojave Rattlesnake is venomous. Its venom is a neurotoxin.

Right. But if you eat it you won't die, so it's not poisonous.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
5th grade, kids were throwing a dodge ball at a wasp nest up on the eaves of one of the portable classrooms. AKA, mobile home.  I had no idea they were doing this, just saw a ball no one was using and went after it.  All of a sudden everyone was yelling at me at the same time I got hit on the head by three wasps at the same time.  Yea, that sucked.

Occasional yellow jacket sting too.  Got close to a rattle snake when I was a kid, but heard it's rattle in time to GTFO.  We all ran for the BB guns and massacred his ass.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Something got my toe last wednesday, currently have 3 toes swollen up from that bug
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fire ants - dozens on my ankle.

Was playing golf and standing next to a tree in the rough waiting for a guy to play his shot before I went to my ball just on the right side of the fairway. Drank a lot of brews that day. Was feeling good. And then I felt a tickle on my ankle.  Looked down and I was standing on a fire ant mound. I ran into the fairway and took my shoes and socks off. Playing partners thought I went crazy.

Ankle swelled big time, probably 15-20 bites. It throbbed all night.
View Quote

Fire ants are similar to yellow jackets in that getting stung only by one is a rarity.  I did find out that regular toothpaste takes the sting out of a fire ant bite pretty much immediately and the resulting blister is smaller if you apply it quickly enough.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why was there a scorpion in your shower?
View Quote
Waiting to sting me
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I got into a yellow jacket nest deep in the woods as a kid,  had over 100 stings,  it sucked bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yellow jacket is the worst I've had.  We have some velvet ants here, even put it on my hand to take a picture and ask my pest control brother what it was.  He told me not to do that again.  

Lucky to have survived it.  A girl I went to high school with lost her father about five years ago to yellow jackets.  He only had one leg and his crutch went through grass and into a nest.  He was able to get up and try to get away but never made it to his house.  He had over two hundred stings.  Horrible way to go.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Grey flannel moth caterpillar.

OUCH SQUARED!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Been stung and bitten by plenty of stuff (FL)

The one that stands out didn’t really even hurt that much.

Got hit by a small wasp right in the septum. For the next 4 hours my nose felt like I was right on the very edge of sneezing, but the relief of actually sneezing never materialized.

Temporary pain is easy to cope with, but this was a whole different level of torture.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#25]
A moose once bit my sister...
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#26]
A guy I knew in the army lost a testicle to a spider bite in basic...he had kids after that with the one
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I was stung on the wrist by a pepsis wasp (tarantula hawk) when I was a kid.  That fucker left a scar, and it hurt like a mofo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#30]
3 sheets to the wind, hooking up a winch cable.
Had to push through a lot of vines & brush to hook up on the tree. It was dark, and I thought it was just thorns & pokey stuff, so don’t be a little bitch and just get ‘er done; but I eventually came to the realization that I had kneeled down in a fire ant mound.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Brown Recluse.

After 5 painful days, the spider died.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

AKA Assassin bug.

Right under the thumbnail as my dumb ass watched him do it thinking "Cool proboscus......ow, oh fuck, ouch, damn that really stings.....(later on) ok, mother fucker. That is really throbbing. I may have to go to the ER if this keeps getting  worse"
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been stung by wasps, bees, ants, scorpions (one was crawling on my face in bed), etc.
I've been bitten by feral cats, dogs, snakes, lizards (including several bites from an iguana), and a fairy penguin.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Red ant, fire ant, wasp, sweat bee.  Nothing too crazy.

I saw a guy with a horse fly bite.  Holy moly!  0 out of 10, do not want!
View Quote

Can confirm.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Cow killer got my dumb ass on the thumb about 30 years ago.
Same with a large wolf spider, various other spiders, and a baby possum.
Never been bit by a poisonous snake, though.
View Quote
I think you have to bite the snake if it’s poisonous.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Got stung on my right temple by a hornet, swear it felt like someone hit me with a rock.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Formica Ant. A ruthless deviant ant who lived in a rebel colony in the backyard (rebelling from Uncle Milty's Ant Farm Empire).
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Jellyfish on the left foot while wade fishing in the Gulf....It hurt ( still got the scar)and I did not like it..............
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Let myself get stung by a fire ant once, wanted to see how it felt.  Otherwise, never been stung.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Recluse (docs thought) bit me on the hip in my sleep staying at a hotel. Woke up with what looked like a zit on my hip that wouldnt pop. Thought, who the hell gets a zit on their hip. A day or two later i couldnt walk.

Wound up in the ER getting it cut open, drained, packed, IV antibiotics, body almost went septic. Was a generally awful experience. Tried to go to the base doctor the day after and he was like eh, looks fine to me . Month later the AF tried to send me a $25K bill saying it wasnt a legit ER usage.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Bark scorpion got me in the foot a few years ago. Felt like a screwdriver held over a gas burner on the stove was jammed into my foot and held there. Foot looked like a football for about 3 days.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Fire coral in the Bahamas. Scorpion in Centerville. Yellow jacket got me on the upper lip when I was a kid. Stuck a smoking catail into the nest. My friends called me a new name after that
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Raccoon bit me right in the fleshy part of the hand. Hurt like hell, but the worse part was my mother (a nurse) calling the doctor to see if I needed the rabies shots (I didn't, thankfully!).

Worse bite had to be a horse fly - they will literally remove flesh if they can, the assholes.

A few years back, a bee flew in my eye, and it less than two minutes, it looked like I had gone ten rounds with Muhammad Ali. That sucked.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Itch like a mofo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bark scorpion got me in the web of my right hand.  Lit my ass up..

Itch like a mofo?

Burned and throbbed first.

Fire coral hurts too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I got stung on the ridge of my ear yesterday by a paper wasp.
View Quote

In my ear canal a lot of yesterday’s ago

And the back of the head 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Not an unusual one, but used to have an old Honda in my driveway just sitting there. Finally got around to working on it. I knew some yellow jackets built a nest between the drivers door and fender. Didn't notice the one on the passenger side. One flew up my shorts stinging all the way.

Another time I was going to bed. Felt a sharp pain on my arm.
One of these was waiting under my pillow
Attachment Attached File

Didn't know what the hell it was.
Turns out it was a snake fly larvae.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Bald face hornets. Got hit six times before I felt the first one. Much worse than a paper wasp. Bad joint aches for the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I got bit by a Russian stripper once or 3 times.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
3 sheets to the wind, hooking up a winch cable.
Had to push through a lot of vines & brush to hook up on the tree. It was dark, and I thought it was just thorns & pokey stuff, so don’t be a little bitch and just get ‘er done; but I eventually came to the realization that I had kneeled down in a fire ant mound.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198286/34B7E413-AE28-4A20-AB94-9E83FC1A03B5_jpe-1996870.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198286/77C03133-6E27-4DD8-887B-2C1AC2E7F089_jpe-1996873.JPG
View Quote

Damn that sucks.  I got into a bunch of fire ants and had about 50 bites on one arm all the way up to my armpit. Like you I thought it was pine needles or something at first, I was turning my compost pile and reached in to see if it was producing heat yet - it was but not the kind I expected.

I've been bitten and stung by most of the things mentioned already but the worst, most annoying bug that ever got me was some sort of fly in Africa. While riding in the back of a safari truck the little bastards would draft behind me and fly up to take a bite out of any exposed skin, it was usually the back of my arm and elbow. I tried all sorts of repellents but nothing phased them, my arm had blood tracks after a day in the bush. Long sleeves for me after that day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#50]
About 5 year old me, playing in the yard of a family friend the parents were visiting. Running around having fun. Run around the back of the garage and suddenly the right side of my neck feels like its on fire.

Go screaming into the house. Big lump on the side of my neck with a visible needle like hole in the middle.

The family friend pipes up "Did you go behind the garage? Don't go back there. There is a big hornet nest back there "

Gee, thanks for the heads up Cleetus.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top