Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/25/2023 5:12:39 PM EDT
My boss just got it prescribed to him and he’s freaking out about it. He’s 40, 5’10” and maybe 200lbs but I guess the beetus runs in his family. His dad died from it not long ago.
We’ve been telling him it causes erectile disfunction in the office.

Anyone take it? Is it going to make him a raging asshole?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Some friends have a clinic and they’re prescribing it for weight loss. I’m thinking about trying it since I porked out over the last year.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. It helps control your A1c/ sugar levels. No damn clue about the rest of your statement.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear fatties love it for weight loss.  

That's all I know
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Is he diabetic or is it for weight loss?

Weekly, i see people with pancreatitis from it.  Not yet this week, but it’s only Tuesday.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it can make you pretty sick feeling.

Sharon Osbourne lost weight with it, but I thought I read that was her main complaint.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]
A bunch of nurses I work with have lost weight with it. They have lost quite a bit, but they almost look unhealthy to me, like they lost too much too fast. Kind of gaunt or malnourished looking or something.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I started it a few months ago, still only on 0.5MG injections weekly, but I haven’t noticed any bad side effects from it. I don’t really have an appetite anymore and when I do eat it’s very little and I feel “full”. I’ve lost about 20 pounds so far. Seems to be helping with my blood sugar levels as well. I am concerned about the pancreatitis issues it can cause, because my triglycerides have been super high for years. Last time I had them checked they were in the 600s right before I started Ozempic. I haven’t had them checked since, but hopefully they are coming down since I’m on a prescription fish oil that’s supposed to lower them also.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it can make you pretty sick feeling.

Sharon Osbourne lost weight with it, but I thought I read that was her main complaint.
View Quote

This class of drug slows all the gut, so feeling bloated & nauseated is how people eat less.  When the pancreas is slowed & it’s digestive enzymes digest itself, it cause pain, nausea, barfing & weight loss—another perk—typically for people who don’t want to eat right & want the physician to “fix” their poor choices re: food & lifestyle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
My sister looks like she lost 20 or so pounds last time I saw her. She said she was on it.

So she's now normal weight for her size would be my guess.

She said she doesn't like it so far though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My boss just got it prescribed to him and he’s freaking out about it. He’s 40, 5’10” and maybe 200lbs but I guess the beetus runs in his family. His dad died from it not long ago.

Anyone take it? Is it going to make him a raging asshole?
View Quote

It's very important to stay hydrated while taking it and by hydrated I mean at least 100oz of electrolytes or water.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I took trulicity for about a year it works basically the same.  It slows your digestive tract down so you don't absorb as much and usually stay full so you don't eat as much. Trulicity made me have massive indigestion and chest pressure the first two months. I lost about 20 pounds because I sick and didn't eat.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Ozempic and Wegovy both can cause gastroparesis.

Some patients who have taken the drugs to lose weight have been reporting this issue.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
He WILL destroy the bathroom from it any time he eats poorly, such as excessively greasy foods. Or has a "laxative over-correction" trying to unblock himself.

Stock only the worst sandpaper/smoothest toilet paper and watch the fun when he has to change his clothes midday.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ozempic and Wegovy both can cause gastroparesis.

Some patients who have taken the drugs to lose weight have been reporting this issue.
View Quote

That’s how it works—slowing the gut.  It makes people feel full, so they eat less.

It’s like getting low blood pressure from blood pressure medication—it’s literally how it works.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
There's no magic pill out there. Hoping this is not of those cases where the high dosing of this stuff doesn't cause future cancers and other health problems.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Dont.

It causes as much lean tissue loss as fat. More plates more dates broke it down.

Cut 200 kcal per day and walk 20 min per day. You'll lose weight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Weekly, i see people with pancreatitis from it.  Not yet this week, but it’s only Tuesday.
View Quote

Diabetic. He’s not fat. He’s a gym rat. He said the doc is trying to keep him going from type 2 to type 1.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#18]
All the beetus meds fuck you up..
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Diabetic. He's not fat. He's a gym rat. He said the doc is trying to keep him going from type 2 to type 1.
View Quote
It might be tough for him to maintain his muscle then, since it's effectively an appetite suppressant.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Diabetic. He’s not fat. He’s a gym rat. He said the doc is trying to keep him going from type 2 to type 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he's already eating healthy, he should be mostly ok.

It's the people eating shit continuously that spend hours praying for death, on or off the toilet.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is his sugar not under control?

This is confusing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is his sugar not under control?

This is confusing.
View Quote

I’m guessing not. But it’s a genetic problem that he’s been trying to correct himself through diet and has been unsuccessful.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He WILL destroy the bathroom from it any time he eats poorly, such as excessively greasy foods. Or has a "laxative over-correction" trying to unblock himself.

Stock only the worst sandpaper/smoothest toilet paper and watch the fun when he has to change his clothes midday.

Kharn
View Quote

So, bacon cheeseburgers for lunch everyday?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

What what.... Type 2 diabetes doesn't turn into type 1. Type 1 is an autoimmune disease that typically shows up in the young.
Sounds like there might be something else going on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Magic pills come with health  consequences? Say it isn't so.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Magic pill for those with no willpower and who have no desire to develop willpower. They lose a significant percentage of lean muscle and bone density, so when the magic wears off and they gain all the fat back they’re worse off than before.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What what.... Type 2 diabetes doesn't turn into type 1. Type 1 is an autoimmune disease that typically shows up in the young.
View Quote

I know nothing about what I’m talking about.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Magic pill for those with no willpower and who have no desire to develop willpower. They lose a significant percentage of lean muscle and bone density, so when the magic wears off and they gain all the fat back they’re worse off than before.
View Quote

That doesn’t sound pleasant. I think he said it was a shot and not a pill.

But he’s not fat. He’s in good shape.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

so his diet is shit
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That doesn’t sound pleasant. I think he said it was a shot and not a pill.

But he’s not fat. He’s in good shape.
View Quote

yes it’s a shot

he’s not in good shape if he’s borderline T2D
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]
There are several peptide sites selling the stuff since the pharm stuff is going so fast.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#32]
They're getting ready to unload it on fat people. That company is going to make a killing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm Diabetic Type 2, hereditary. I'm overweight as well. I've been on Ozempic for over a year. I can't tell it does shit. No weight loss, sugar which was very much under control no longer is stable. No particular bad side effects other than gut pain but I can not attribute that to just the drug as I have GERD anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only in the office? What about at home or while on vacation?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Why yes!  Just started.   I’ve added it to my Zyprexa regimen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This feels like the answer.

The math don't math.  

My best answer is to remind your boss that he doesn't have to take a drug just because his doctor suggests it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Weekly, i see people with pancreatitis from it.
View Quote

Fatties ain't got time for that. My stepsis and BiL are taking tirzepatide thinking they can sit in their doublewide knawing on twice fried leather and shrink wrap their food blister.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Why the fuck would you take that shit instead of just eating real food and getting some exercise?

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Only in the office? What about at home or while on vacation?
View Quote

I don’t know. We only do masturbation mondays in the break room.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Ozempic is a TERRIBLE idea.

T2 Diabetes is a lifestyle choice.

Ozempic changes the way your body processes energy at the cellular level. It enables you to continue to eat sugar, carbs and other non-essential shit and not get terribly fat.

Google Ozempic butt.  Why do your muscles shrink while you're taking that shit? Once you know the answer, you won't take it.

Eat a species specific, human appropriate diet.  Stop being stupid.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#41]
The Problems with Ozempic [What the Research Shows...]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#42]
This comes across as one of those 'asking for a friend' posts.

Congrats on getting the script for Ozempic, OP...
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Type 1 diabetes is Juvenile diabetes, where the Islet cells don’t make insulin, so the person needs insulin;

Type 2 diabetes is adult or late onset diabetes where insulin resistance is the issue.  People make insulin, their body just isn’t as sensitive.

Unfortunately, many people, including doctors think Type 2 become Type 1 when insulin is required—but that’s wrong.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Occasionally for heartburn.  Guess Zantac was discontinued.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocaine is a helluva weight loss drug—look at David Bowie in the 1970s.  He was “heroin chic” from cocaine!  That’s a trend-setting trailblazer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

It’s a bad day in the bathroom when you end up having to repaint after cleaning up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A bunch of nurses I work with have lost weight with it. They have lost quite a bit, but they almost look unhealthy to me, like they lost too much too fast. Kind of gaunt or malnourished looking or something.
View Quote

This, FFS.

There is No long term data showing long term use is safe. Early studies are showing disproportionate lean muscle mass.

Doctors got us into this obesity epidemic. the fact that .gov agencies have approved it and doctors are prescribing it means shit.

Eat an ancestrally appropriate diet-- that means animal products, with an occasional vegetable thrown in.  

Why take an unproven drug to lower your A1C, when you can make a minor change to your diet and live a long, healthy life?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This class of drug slows all the gut, so feeling bloated & nauseated is how people eat less.  When the pancreas is slowed & it’s digestive enzymes digest itself, it cause pain, nausea, barfing & weight loss—another perk—typically for people who don’t want to eat right & want the physician to “fix” their poor choices re: food & lifestyle.
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you take that shit instead of just eating real food and getting some exercise?

View Quote

It’s not always the case.

Again: Type 2 DM is insulin resistance.  You eat, you digest, your body makes insulin—but doesn’t absorb sugar, so it floats around, glycosylating proteins, cells, etc. & reeking havoc.  If I were Type 2, I would Mediterranean Diet & keep carbs under 50gm/day or less to avoid sticking myself.

But even with that—some lean & athletic people still need drugs.

Probably 98% of type 2 DM have poor diet & sedentary behavior, but I do see “gym rats” who want an gastric bypass operation to try yo fix their DM.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dont.

It causes as much lean tissue loss as fat. More plates more dates broke it down.

Cut 200 kcal per day and walk 20 min per day. You'll lose weight.
View Quote

Half right.  Cut carbs to under 20 grams a day, increase healthy fat consumption. Exercise if you feel like it.

And the great thing is, if you eliminate carbs and replace them with more fatty meat, you will soon have so much energy you will want to run to work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top