Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I took it for the Beetus for a while, it works to suppress appetite and blood sugars. It’s part of a class of drugs called GLP-1 Inhibitors.

It works to lower A1C and certainly will lower weight because you have little appetite. No wonder the fat asses are all over it but I didn’t notice any other negative effects.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m guessing not. But it’s a genetic problem that he’s been trying to correct himself through diet and has been unsuccessful.
View Quote

For all practical purposes, this isn't possible unless it's T1D.

Eliminate carbs.  Your A1C will go down.  How fast it goes down depends on the damage done by long term insulin resistance.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm Diabetic Type 2, hereditary. I'm overweight as well. I've been on Ozempic for over a year. I can't tell it does shit. No weight loss, sugar which was very much under control no longer is stable. No particular bad side effects other than gut pain but I can not attribute that to just the drug as I have GERD anyway.
View Quote

Tell us about hereditary T2 please.  Does your blood sugar remain high if you eat no carbs?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This, FFS.

There is No long term data showing long term use is safe. Early studies are showing disproportionate lean muscle mass.

Doctors got us into this obesity epidemic. the fact that .gov agencies have approved it and doctors are prescribing it means shit.

Eat an ancestrally appropriate diet-- that means animal products, with an occasional vegetable thrown in.  

Why take an unproven drug to lower your A1C, when you can make a minor change to your diet and live a long, healthy life?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bunch of nurses I work with have lost weight with it. They have lost quite a bit, but they almost look unhealthy to me, like they lost too much too fast. Kind of gaunt or malnourished looking or something.

This, FFS.

There is No long term data showing long term use is safe. Early studies are showing disproportionate lean muscle mass.

Doctors got us into this obesity epidemic. the fact that .gov agencies have approved it and doctors are prescribing it means shit.

Eat an ancestrally appropriate diet-- that means animal products, with an occasional vegetable thrown in.  

Why take an unproven drug to lower your A1C, when you can make a minor change to your diet and live a long, healthy life?

Enlighten me—how did doctors get us “into the obesity epidemic?”

I’m in medicine for 30 years & I would love to hear this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I took it for the Beetus for a while, it works to suppress appetite and blood sugars. It’s part of a class of drugs called GLP-1 Inhibitors.

It works to lower A1C and certainly will lower weight because you have little appetite. No wonder the fat asses are all over it but I didn’t notice any other negative effects.
View Quote

Almost.

It’s a GLP1 receptor agonist, not inhibitor. It binds & simulates the action of GLP1, which slows the gut.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
type 1 diabetics can acquire type 2.

This happens when T1 patients are told they can eat whatever they want, just match their insulin intake.

People are chasing pizza and ice cream with massive units of insulin.  And the dosage is never perfectly matched at high doses.

Just because your pancreas isn't producing insulin, doesn't mean you can't develop insulin resistance.

Once you get to this point, you are truly fucked.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Man there is some judgmental SOB's in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If you lose 20 pounds, and find out it's 10 pounds of fat and 10 pounds of muscle, do you think you will look good?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The scarier part to me is the gross ignorance.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is a round earther judgmental in his opinions on flat earth theory?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
It prevents the stomach from emptying which gives you a full feeling.  There are a growing number of reported cases of it working too well leading to frequent vomiting on a daily basis due to paralysis of the stomach.  

I had a couple of A1C readings over 7 after a string of 5.8's going back almost a decade and the Dr wanted to put me on Ozempic.  The more I read about it the more the more I am determined to say no.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Half right.  Cut carbs to under 20 grams a day, increase healthy fat consumption. Exercise if you feel like it.

And the great thing is, if you eliminate carbs and replace them with more fatty meat, you will soon have so much energy you will want to run to work.
View Quote

Carbs under 20 grams a day if you hate having high testosterone and all the health benefits that come with it.

Extreme low carb drives SHBG up and free test down.

If you are obese and need to reset your metabolism, do keto for a while. If you want a long lasting diet plan, include sensible carbohydrate choices.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You people "in medicine" allowed your patients to be part of the largest experiment in history, and we now know it was not based on ANY legitimate scientific evidence.  You people in medicine told millions of Americans to follow the .gov recommended food pyramid.  You people were too lazy to do your own due diligence and simply bought what big Pharma was selling you.

Millions of patients of American doctors did what they were told.  They cut saturated fat (stats show Americans really did as they were told) and replaced it with grains, carbs and sugar.  Ansel Keyes persuaded Senator George McGovern to create .gov recommended diet that destroyed MILLIONS of lives.

When doctors told their patients to eat the food pyramid and they got fat, they told their patients to continue eating the pyramid but eat fewer calories.  when they got fatter, doctors blamed them for not doing as they were told. "Eat less, move more."  NEVER did you stop and say, hmm, this isn't working.  We cut fat intake, we increased sugar intake, and Americans suddenly spiked on the obesity chart.  

I do hold doctors responsible for this.  The sugar industry literally bribed Harvard scientists to alter or misrepresent their studies.  Any researcher wanting to study a low carb approach was denied funding.

The food pyramid wasn't a mistake.  IT WAS A LIE. and doctors should have figured that out decades before their patients had to start telling them. You should have done your due diligence when you realized that you were having a 95 percent failure rate on "just cut calories."  You should have known that humans are supposed to eat what they've eaten for 2 million years.  To this day, if someone comes into their doctor's office with great bloodwork, down 20 pounds, looks and feels great and the doctor asks how they did it and the answer is "keto" or "carnivore," the doctor will say "oh my god you've got to go back to what you were doing when you looked and felt miserable!!!!!"

Ansel Keye's "Diet Heart Hypothesis" was actually disproven by his own study:  The Minnesota Coronary Experiment, 1968-1973, used institutionalized mental patients by the tens of thousands.  Yet Keyes' ridiculous "Seven Countries Study" was enough for the US Gov, with money under and over the table from Big Food and Big Pharma, was enough to transform Americans from the healthy Apollo NASA control room guys wearing 32 inch belts into a nation of beach balls.  You medical professionals never stopped to think, "maybe we're giving them the wrong advice.  Maybe I should look at those studies myself?"

You, medical professionals, let down your patients.

Not long ago, as a side effect of a divorce, I had a bout with Ulcerative Colitis.  I put it into remission with strict carb control. But before I got in under control I asked my G.I. guy about diet, he said diet "is not a big factor."  "just avoid fiber during flare-ups," he said.  

So, how's that for starters, doc?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Beetus didn't run in his family. Eating shitty foods runs in his family and he can stop the beetus in short order if he ate better foods.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#16]
The men who stormed Omaha and Utah beaches in 1944 had TWICE the testosterone of today's 20 year olds.

They ate real food, including lots of animal fats.  Remember "get the SPAM to the front lines!!"

There is no such thing as an essential carb.  Too much carbohydrate, like nearly all of us eat, does more damage to the endocrine system than  somehow getting "too few."  I don't buy that you need carbs to increase testosterone.  How did a hundred thousand generations of humans manage to reproduce without eating grains?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You people "in medicine" allowed your patients to be part of the largest experiment in history, and we now know it was not based on ANY legitimate scientific evidence.  You people in medicine told millions of Americans to follow the .gov recommended food pyramid.  You people were too lazy to do your own due diligence and simply bought what big Pharma was selling you.

Millions of patients of American doctors did what they were told.  They cut saturated fat (stats show Americans really did as they were told) and replaced it with grains, carbs and sugar.  Ansel Keyes persuaded Senator George McGovern to create .gov recommended diet that destroyed MILLIONS of lives.

When doctors told their patients to eat the food pyramid and they got fat, they told their patients to continue eating the pyramid but eat fewer calories.  when they got fatter, doctors blamed them for not doing as they were told. "Eat less, move more."  NEVER did you stop and say, hmm, this isn't working.  We cut fat intake, we increased sugar intake, and Americans suddenly spiked on the obesity chart.  

I do hold doctors responsible for this.  The sugar industry literally bribed Harvard scientists to alter or misrepresent their studies.  Any researcher wanting to study a low carb approach was denied funding.

The food pyramid wasn't a mistake.  IT WAS A LIE. and doctors should have figured that out decades before their patients had to start telling them. You should have done your due diligence when you realized that you were having a 95 percent failure rate on "just cut calories."  You should have known that humans are supposed to eat what they've eaten for 2 million years.  To this day, if someone comes into their doctor's office with great bloodwork, down 20 pounds, looks and feels great and the doctor asks how they did it and the answer is "keto" or "carnivore," the doctor will say "oh my god you've got to go back to what you were doing when you looked and felt miserable!!!!!"

Ansel Keye's "Diet Heart Hypothesis" was actually disproven by his own study:  The Minnesota Coronary Experiment, 1968-1973, used institutionalized mental patients by the tens of thousands.  Yet Keyes' ridiculous "Seven Countries Study" was enough for the US Gov, with money under and over the table from Big Food and Big Pharma, was enough to transform Americans from the healthy Apollo NASA control room guys wearing 32 inch belts into a nation of beach balls.  You medical professionals never stopped to think, "maybe we're giving them the wrong advice.  Maybe I should look at those studies myself?"

Not long ago, as a side effect of a divorce, I had a bout with Ulcerative Colitis.  I put it into remission with strict carb control. But before I got in under control I asked my G.I. guy about diet, he said diet "is not a big factor."  "just avoid fiber during flare-ups," he said.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dizzying.

You seem the type who needs to blame someone for something.  The type who’s “smarter” than his doctors, mechanic, boss, ad nauseum.  “Colitis personality.”

You should write a paper….but I know big pharma, the wheat, corn and milk syndicate will pay people to put you down & prove you wrong—that dreaded conspracy….

FWIW, I’ve never once recommended the “food pyramid.”

Most of us surgeons tend to direct patients to protein, to heal tissues & fight infection, since those aspects of recovery require protein.  Vitamins & micronutrients come from veggies.  Carbs are fillers & have been described as “peasant food” back to Roman times.  I don’t know any surgeons who endorse the empty caloric value of breads & pasta.

So, the diet I’ve recommended for 30 years is what I eat—animal meat & various vegetable.  Not sure it has a name, trademark or catchy picture of a pyramid—it’s just what bodies need to live.

Now, back to the thread.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Half right.  Cut carbs to under 20 grams a day, increase healthy fat consumption. Exercise if you feel like it.

And the great thing is, if you eliminate carbs and replace them with more fatty meat, you will soon have so much energy you will want to run to work.
View Quote

As long as you live less than 5 miles from work.  Running any real distance on no carbs sucks pretty hard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Tell us about hereditary T2 please.  Does your blood sugar remain high if you eat no carbs?
View Quote

Yes in my case but it’s an issue of the pancreas not outputting enough insulin and your body not efficiently using what’s there. The GLP-1 medicines are effective for this type of Type 2
Or Type 1 in some cases.

In my case I had an out of control endocrine system thanks to a pheochromocytoma. After removing my T2 has been much, much more controllable without the GLP1 meds.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Almost.

It’s a GLP1 receptor agonist, not inhibitor. It binds & simulates the action of GLP1, which slows the gut.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification, see my post I mentioned about having a pheochromocytoma. If I’m not mistaken GLP meds increase the risk of certain cancers so I wouldn’t want to take it to control weight which is the latest loose weight craze.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The men who stormed Omaha and Utah beaches in 1944 had TWICE the testosterone of today's 20 year olds.

They ate real food, including lots of animal fats.  Remember "get the SPAM to the front lines!!"

There is no such thing as an essential carb.  Too much carbohydrate, like nearly all of us eat, does more damage to the endocrine system than  somehow getting "too few."  I don't buy that you need carbs to increase testosterone.  How did a hundred thousand generations of humans manage to reproduce without eating grains?
View Quote

This.

Carbs are cultivated fillers to stretch protein & veggies.  Or, they were limited seasonal gathered items.

Doesn’t matter —your body turns protein into amino acids, deaminates them, and through gluconeogenesis, make glucose to run your brain & other organs that need it.  That process of gluconeogenesis tends to smooth out sugar/carb spike & insulin spikes associated with carbs.

Oh, for the new age—protein, to old bastards like me—is meat.  Beef, pork, fish, seafood, poultry, etc.  don’t construe my use of the word “protein” as the new age soi-based imitation meat nonsense.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pure rubbish. It doesn't matter much what you eat, it's how much you eat. You can be 100% healthy if you follow the old food pyramid. You can be 100% healthy, weight wise, if you eat 2000 calories of pop tarts and beef jerky sticks assuming your bar is at or under 2000 calories.

This obsession with carbs vs fat is mostly silly. You should eat a balanced diet for many reasons, but in terms of getting fat it's all about eating too much.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks for the clarification, see my post I mentioned about having a pheochromocytoma. If I’m not mistaken GLP meds increase the risk of certain cancers so I wouldn’t want to take it to control weight which is the latest loose weight craze.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost.

MEN-related thyroid cancer known as medullary.  It’s aggressive.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Great drug for fat people with zero self control.

Most already have diabetes anyways so prescribe away.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I took Ozempic and Trulicity.

They both made me sick. I mean really sick.

So, I just went on a 1500 calorie diet and workout every day.

Down 50 pounds and not sick!
View Quote

Seriously that's awesome slasher! I know it's not easy.

Good work man!
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What what.... Type 2 diabetes doesn't turn into type 1. Type 1 is an autoimmune disease that typically shows up in the young.
Sounds like there might be something else going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diabetic. He's not fat. He's a gym rat. He said the doc is trying to keep him going from type 2 to type 1.

What what.... Type 2 diabetes doesn't turn into type 1. Type 1 is an autoimmune disease that typically shows up in the young.
Sounds like there might be something else going on.

You might want to look up LADA or type1.5.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Reversing Type 2 Diabetes | Jason Fung

Follow this.

Drugs are bad, m’kay.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely based.

That plus “muh salt”.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pure rubbish. It doesn't matter much what you eat, it's how much you eat. You can be 100% healthy if you follow the old food pyramid. You can be 100% healthy, weight wise, if you eat 2000 calories of pop tarts and beef jerky sticks assuming your bar is at or under 2000 calories.

This obsession with carbs vs fat is mostly silly. You should eat a balanced diet for many reasons, but in terms of getting fat it's all about eating too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>you can be 100% healthy if you eat 2000 Caroline’s of pop tarts and beef jerky sticks

You’re an idiot. Hormones exist. Nutrients and minerals exist.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
type 1 diabetics can acquire type 2.

This happens when T1 patients are told they can eat whatever they want, just match their insulin intake.

People are chasing pizza and ice cream with massive units of insulin.  And the dosage is never perfectly matched at high doses.

Just because your pancreas isn't producing insulin, doesn't mean you can't develop insulin resistance.

Once you get to this point, you are truly fucked.
View Quote

I was diagnosed at 28 with type 2, 6'2" 205Lbs.  With in a couple years I was on insulin and within a few more years I stopped producing insulin.   They now call that LADA or 1.5.   I am very insulin resistant,  I use a pump and U500 insulin.

I started mounjaro in Feb.   My A1c is now 6.1.   I work out so i haven't lost any muscle while dropping 10/15lbs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes. It helps control your A1c/ sugar levels. No damn clue about the rest of your statement.
View Quote

While on Lantus, had multiple occasions when I’d waken just after midnight with a FSBS of 30 or below.
Told the doc that I wasn’t going to take that krap again because I can wake up in the morning with a FSBS > 200. He started me on Ozempic and it was great. My AM FSBS went to 90 - 110. A1C went from 9.1 to 6.1.  Then the fatties found it. Cannot afford it now since the price has gone over the moon. Now trying to find something that worked as well but can afford.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ozempic is a TERRIBLE idea.

T2 Diabetes is a lifestyle choice.

Ozempic changes the way your body processes energy at the cellular level. It enables you to continue to eat sugar, carbs and other non-essential shit and not get terribly fat.

Google Ozempic butt.  Why do your muscles shrink while you're taking that shit? Once you know the answer, you won't take it.

Eat a species specific, human appropriate diet.  Stop being stupid.
View Quote

Because it stops the cravings for food.

As a fat, there is suddenly a voice saying "you can stop, put down the fork and ask for a box" instead of finishing a plate at TGI Friday's.

You're nauseous whenever you eat like shit, unsure if you'll barf on your coworkers or shit yourself for hours after a bad meal. But relief isn't found by either, you're bound up because your gut motility is extremely slow so you don't poop for days instead of being a regular 5pm-on-the-dot person.  And when you do, you need a bidet and consider sneaking in a shower as a viable choice.

You're suddenly looking at the salads on menus, and not picking the blue cheese dressing, Greek yogurt and granola replaces a huge brownie and a fancy 400 calorie coffee for breakfast, etc.

All so you don't shit yourself at work or go through meetings wondering if a quick barf in the bathroom would make you feel better.

Those that somehow stay fat on it truly have an iron constitution or must be slurping Pepto from the bottle.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well now your just trying to compare board games to watermelons.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You people "in medicine" allowed your patients to be part of the largest experiment in history, and we now know it was not based on ANY legitimate scientific evidence.  
View Quote
The problem isn't the food pyramid. The problem is that American martsharters think the food at the top should be consumed the most. You can get, and stay, in shape with a carb heavy diet. There are many carb heavy cultures that aren't nearly as big as us. It just requires exercise and calorie counting. I love carbs, but I am not fat because I rarely consume sugar, rarely snack in between meals, and exercise regularly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#38]
My primary Doc prescribed it but According to my insurance company I need for my health to decline further before they will foot the bill for it. Okie Dokie! See you in a few months. $1100 for a 2 month supply private pay, yeah right, F you BCBS.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ve been on it around a year now, paired with farxiga. (Skipping other meds that anrent relevant to the conversation as I’m medically f’d up) Other than the first month having the worst constipation imaginable, I’ve had pretty much nothing in terms of side effects so long as I eat like I normally eat, which isn’t a whole lot in general. Today I’ve had a pb&j, cup of coffee, and two eggs. Dinner will probably be chili with extra meat and some Gatorade as it’s been in the high 80’s to low 90’s in my apartment. Normally I’d just do water.

Between diet, exercise, and getting off of other meds, I’m down somewhere around 170# in the last 2-3 years. Another 40# to hit my 200# goal, and I’m hopefully going to afford to start hitting the gym regularly this winter.

Docs thought I’m LADA 1.5/Flatbush, but my insulin resistance is going down over time so they don’t know. Point being, I’m an extreme edge case so not to take my experience as gospel.

Edit: no bone density changes but I’ve lost around 10# of muscle. Granted I also lost 160# of fat as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ozempic is a TERRIBLE idea.
View Quote

It seems to be all the rage lately.
I've been wondering - is there some reason to use this instead of the Metformin everyone's been using all these years?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you lose 20 pounds, and find out it's 10 pounds of fat and 10 pounds of muscle, do you think you will look good?
View Quote

Fortunately, I don’t have to guess.
Weight:
April 26th - 250.6 lb
July 24th -234.4 lb

Muscle Mass:
April 26th - 159.8 lb
July 24th - 157.0 lb

I’m currently on 1 mg/week of Ozempic.
I’m also on low dose TRT - ~ 120 mg/week.
In the past 3 month I lost 16 lbs, of which 2.8 lbs were muscle.   Quite far from 10 lbs / 10 lbs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pure rubbish. It doesn't matter how you eat. You can be 100% healthy if you follow the old food pyramid. You can be 100% healthy, weight wise, if you eat 2000 calories of pop tarts and beef jerky sticks assuming your bar is at or under 2000 calories.

View Quote

This is exactly precisely wrong.  It matters what you fucking eat.

You are living in 1981. Not even sure if you are serious.

1k calories of steak vs 1k calories of Coke?  Are you saying your body treats those calories the same?  Because your endocrine  system does not treat those calories the same.  That is the end of calories as the reason people get fat.

Humans are carnivores.  we are carnivores who eat carnivores.   We are apex predators.

Imagine if RJ Reynolds recommended a "balanced" approach to smoking.  "Doctors recommend you smoke 14 cigarettes each day."

that's what big food and big Pharma are doing to you.  Go with it, dude!

eating carbs makes you want to eat more carbs.  Eating steak makes you satisfied.  That's because you are a fucking human being.  You evolved because you ate meat.  You are smarter than apes because you ate meat.

The US gov persuaded millions of Americans, based on zero science, that they should trade animal fat for sugar, animal fat for industrial seed oils.  Obesity spiked off the chart.  1980 was the pivot point.

Good luck to all you suckers.  Keep eating shit that humans were never meant to eat.  Pay thousands each year to big Pharma so you can keep eating shit.

I choose to do my own research.  I have concluded that I was meant to eat as my ancestors ate.  You make you make your own choice.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This, FFS.

View Quote

Wrong.

Dietary guidelines published by government agencies based on false studies and assumptions got us in this obesity epidemic.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 3:21:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

>you can be 100% healthy if you eat 2000 Caroline’s of pop tarts and beef jerky sticks

View Quote

So does physics. Calories in, calories out. Macros have a small effect on the calories out portion, it's minimal
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So does physics. Calories in, calories out. Macros have a small effect on the calories out portion, it's minimal
View Quote

You are both right, because you are arguing past each other,  Yes, your weight is almost entirely controlled by balance of CICO,  No, because there are many other factors in food that affect health other than calorie value,  and selections equal in calories are not equal in health outcomes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your body is not a bomb calorimeter.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You are both right, because you are arguing past each other,  Yes, your weight is almost entirely controlled by balance of CICO,  No, because there are many other factors in food that affect health other than calorie value,  and selections equal in calories are not equal in health outcomes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But not necessarily.

What happens to someone who is colloquially referred to as a “high metabolism” person who consumes more calories than their BMR (basically a person with a correctly working metabolism and hormone response)? The temperature of their body increases and it burns off the excess.

Our bodies are trying to always trend towards homeostasis. How is that point determined?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

But not necessarily.

What happens to someone who is colloquially referred to as a “high metabolism” person who consumes more calories than their BMR (basically a person with a correctly working metabolism and hormone response)? The temperature of their body increases and it burns off the excess.

Our bodies are trying to always trend towards homeostasis. How is that point determined?
View Quote

I don’t think that’s the case.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But not necessarily.

If it’s not the case then why can Type 1 diabetics easily drop weight by stopping insulin?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dont.

[b]It causes as much lean tissue loss as fat[\b]. More plates more dates broke it down.

Cut 200 kcal per day and walk 20 min per day. You'll lose weight.
View Quote

As will anytime you run a massive caloric deficit, that's just how that works. Has absolutely nothing to do with the drug.

Been on it for coming up on 4 months. Focus on minimum of 3+ miles walked (running every other day). Lifting light when possible (not enough). A few posts up nailed it. Don't eat like shit, or in large portions and I have no stomach issues. Anytime I deviate from high protein and extreme low-carbs...I regret it (stomach cramps, diarrhea, etc.).  From 230 -> 175 (5'10") in that time. Down to clothes size I haven't been since college. Look great, feel great. Got a few more lbs to lose, then endocrinologist said stay stable on medicine and weight for 3 months to "train" body to its new weight and composition. So, over that 3 months I'm planning on really focusing on lifting and building back to muscle loss that was inevitable during this weight crash.

Bottom line is, without it I'm sure I'd have struggled to consistently (or at all) be able to intermittent fast for the 16/8 I've been doing. Done a couple 24's as well. Previous to being diagnosed at type2 'beetus I as easily throwing down 3-4k of absolute junk a day. Eating until midnight on a regular basis. It is good for everyone? No. Can it literally turn your life around if you use it with some knowledge, desire, and discipline. Yep.

OP, if your boss is also being put on blood pressure medication...yeah, that can cause some problems with..uhh, fully achieving happy time.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top