BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Read what I wrote.  it gives you a purpose.  It is not the purpose.  Work gives you a reason to get up and go.  Quote me correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seriously told your daughter the purpose of life was work?

Read what I wrote.  it gives you a purpose.  It is not the purpose.  Work gives you a reason to get up and go.  Quote me correctly.

You worded it that going to fucking work gives your life purpose.  Work is what you do, not where you go.  Also, “productive” has different meanings for knowledge workers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That first post, nearly every single time
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The purpose of life isn't work. Big corporations are just pissed off they finally have enough critical mass of employees that have figured out the meaning of life. It damn sure isn't be a  slave to a job.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In September, while tensions over the company's return to in-person work were still brewing before Apple's plans to bring workers back were thwarted by the onset of COVID-19's Delta variant, Apple engineer Cher Scarlett spoke out to Vox about this expectation of in-person collaboration.    

'There’s this idea that people skateboarding around tech campuses are bumping into each other and coming up with great new inventions,' said Scarlett, who joined the company during the pandemic and became a leader in organizing her colleagues on pushing for more remote work. 'That’s just not true.'

Scarlett, one of two founding members of Apple Together when it was first formed in August under the name 'Apple Too,' left the company in November and has pending complaints with the labor board.

She and Janneke Parrish, who was also fired and has also filed charges with the National Labor Relations Board, encouraged staffers to come forward with stories of racism, sexism or discrimination in their workplace.
View Quote

Thing is, depending on your role, that does happen. Skateboards weren't involved, but I've solved problems, on my project and others, by talking with fellow employees because they were nearby. Hell, I have patents from random, "hey, do you think this would work" conversations.

I could work from home most of the time. I chose to drive into the office because being with other smart people makes me a better engineer, and I think I have the same effect on them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As someone who's worked at work through the entire pandemic, all I have to say to the fucking retards who are scared to come out of their houses or who are too fucking lazy to wake up and go to work is this: Fuck You.

That's all. Just Fuck You.
View Quote

Yeah, for real.
Fuck you and your 18 (?) month paid +$600 bonus vacation that I'm paying for.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
You get your work done at home in 3 hours you get 3 hours of pay
You get a salary of 15 hours a week. The market will weed your lazy ass out in time. If a company has 100 employees and can get the same amount of work done with 25 employees in 40 hours 75 will get let go!!!.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bet they thought going woke would prevent this sort of thing.

View Quote
Apparently, woke is a journey, not a destination. You're never quite woke enough. Ever. You must keep getting woker.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I especially liked the "muh gender has to do unpaid caregiver stuff" line.
View Quote

Nice try but everyone knows "gender is a social construct."

Now get back to work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Has the business continued to run the last two years with remote employees?

If yes, leave it alone.

If no, your implementation of WFH sucked.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha keep sticking it to them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As someone who's worked at work through the entire pandemic, all I have to say to the fucking retards who are scared to come out of their houses or who are too fucking lazy to wake up and go to work is this: Fuck You.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fire every single one of them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
“Neuro normative”?!?!?!?!  What the hell does that even mean???
View Quote

Opposite of  “woke-libtard-O”?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
maybe I should try and fight a fire or save a life from the comfort of my home.

Save the 10,000-mile commute
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
maybe I should try and fight a fire or save a life from the comfort of my home.

Save the 10,000-mile commute
View Quote

Try it for a month and post the results.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#16]
In this thread, we discover;

Who makes their money with their brains, and who makes it with their hands.
And one side is very pissed they can't do their job from home.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:41:54 AM EDT
[#17]
At this point it's almost like they are just making shit up as they go...
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:47:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry you're not smart enough to realize that many jobs can be done remotely.

Actually, no I'm not.

Your lack of comprehension is funny to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ya, my daughter is a financial analyst for a large company and when the covid thing kicked off she went full time working from home.  Had to go back two or three days a week in march.  two full years of working from home.  she hates having to go back to work.  It was sooooo much easier to roll out of bed 15 min before she had to be logged on, wear pajamas all day, never got herself ready for "work".  She admitted her productivity was way less than when she was at the office.  No kidding.  No loads of laundry to toss in real quick while logged in, no dishes to quickly get done while logged in.  Finally I had a talk with her about the value of getting up, getting ready and going to work.  The purpose it gives you in your life.  Going to fucking work gives your life purpose.  She finally got it, goes to work and admits she is much more productive.  Just go to fucking work everybody!
View Quote

Going to work pays my bills. That's it.

If I needed a job to give my life purpose I'd jump off of something.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#20]
don't like it, there is the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.

Now the rest of us who have been working in areas completely infected with COVID this whole time, those apple employees can suck my cock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Most homeschooled kids I know have much more mature social skills than the public school kids.  They can actually deal with adults better than their public school counterparts.

The ones who don't do as well are the ones who left public school because the kids in public school were abusive of the kid who didn't conform, but they have done better than they ever would in public school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are fucking doomed.

Yep. We're going to end up with a generation of WFH adults with the social skills of home schooled children.
Most homeschooled kids I know have much more mature social skills than the public school kids.  They can actually deal with adults better than their public school counterparts.

The ones who don't do as well are the ones who left public school because the kids in public school were abusive of the kid who didn't conform, but they have done better than they ever would in public school.

This has not been my experience.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#22]
It's all so tiresome trying to live within the liberals rather crazy boundaries.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:That would be the best thing for Apple.  Shooting them would be the best thing for America.
View Quote

Kill all them Americans.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its all so tiresome...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would think global worming might work better as a reason.
View Quote

He who controls the spice controls the universe!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Apparently, woke is a journey, not a destination. You're never quite woke enough. Ever. You must keep getting woker.
View Quote
Yes, there is a hierarchical organization with those most woke using the the most clever words to identify as aware of their privileges.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Non crazy people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We’ve been using it as a retention / recruiting tool.  We have far lower turnover than our competitors.
View Quote

My employer is failing to use it in blind adherence to higher policy, and is losing people to outside and other parts of the org, who will use it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fire every single one of them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#30]
It’s going to take a big downturn to change some attitudes of today’s workers when jobs are scarce and they are forced to go into an office again

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Once you go down that road, the left can do anything they want to you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
“This is an industry with a pronounced racism and misogyny problem,” said Meredith Whittaker, a former Google employee who helped lead the walkout there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/10/14/apple-worker-cher-scarlett/
View Quote

We'll, yeah, when everything that isn't black/brown/women/trans isn't first. Equality is racist, inequality is equality.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So every business before the pandemic was racist?

Sorry, I forgot everything is racist.
View Quote
It's funny because critical race theory actually teaches this.

So yes, in their minds work is racist.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, some people can be as equally, if not more, productive at home. But the other 95% are just lazy and don't want anybody checking on them.

The fact that people use racism as an excuse is proof.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#35]
So they’re saying all people are equal except some can’t perform simple tasks like waking up in the morning and going to work?   I recall women and people of color were able to do that pre-pandemic.  What happened?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I am not unhappy or surprised to see woke employees using woke nonsense against a work employer.  

"Liberals get a bullet too"
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No bong in the office. And, you have to wear shoes instead of bunny slippers.
View Quote

If you aren't in a lab or manufacturing environment, there is not reason bunny slippers should be required.  At my last job there was a guy who came to work every day in footflops.  The bong could be an issue, but having some employees do that is not a good reason to force ALL employees into the office.

I don't care for Apple but unless the job requires the employee to touch product (HW development, manufacturing, troubleshooting and repair, inspection, etc.) then I don't see a reason for them to have to be in the office.  I, and most of my colleagues, have been almost 100% work-from-home for several years now.  We go in when we have to touch something and work from home when possible.  

Companies are ridiculous for not going with that model, but the employees are equally ridiculous for claiming it is "racism" to not allow it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Maybe all the old farts at the top needs go. A tech co like Apple can’t figure out how to make WFM productive while other co can? T That’s not being innovative.Apple will have some shitty products coming soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you aren't in a lab or manufacturing environment, there is not reason bunny slippers should be required.  At my last job there was a guy who came to work every day in footflops.  The bong could be an issue, but having some employees do that is not a good reason to force ALL employees into the office.

I don't care for Apple but unless the job requires the employee to touch product (HW development, manufacturing, troubleshooting and repair, inspection, etc.) then I don't see a reason for them to have to be in the office.  I, and most of my colleagues, have been almost 100% work-from-home for several years now.  We go in when we have to touch something and work from home when possible.  

Companies are ridiculous for not going with that model, but the employees are equally ridiculous for claiming it is "racism" to not allow it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No bong in the office. And, you have to wear shoes instead of bunny slippers.

People want to think that everybody can produce work from home as well as at a place of business. Some people will NEVER be able to do so and I've personally seen a huge drop off in how multiple people are doing their job well. They mix home life including their kids with work and work will always suffer first. Even contacting them has turned into a pain in the ass. Call them for some work issues and no answer, leave a message and no call back. Always an excuse, always bullshit.

Some jobs you just can't do well at home, the resources needed just aren't there as they are in a facility and to make a proper set up multiple times would be ridiculously expensive and likely impossible. Some, a mix of home and the office would work fine.

Some jobs could be done 100% at home but it's all about the people and if you have to babysit them and honestly, you have to babysit certain groups to get results, they are probably the first ones to bitch also, their paid shopping on line, gaming, and activist BS will come to a halt or slow way down when back in an office environment or they can be weeded out.

All in for the ones that have been producing all along at home to stay at home but it should be on a case by case basis and utilized by those that have proven they can do it. Frankly, those are likely the same employees you never had to follow up on while they were in the office/facility either.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Time to get to work.

got deadlines and shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I also think it changed the way a lot of older workers view it.
Time to get to work.

got deadlines and shit.

I agree.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Wait until all the people that moved out of state are told to come back to the office! LOLOLOL
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds to me like they’re saying black people and folks with mental illness and who might also be dumb can’t make it into work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Unfortunately many in the work force are not familiar with work place relationships/work friends/work teams type of situations.

When it comes time to trim some people, who is the manager going to trim; the person that they can chat with in the break room or near the water cooler, etc OR the person that they only see on Zoom/Teams that really is not known to every one?

The WFH subset believes that the most productive or efficient employee will be kept and not laid off...that is unfortunately not the case.

I would personally love to be able to WFH but circumstances don't allow that. I also believe most companies employee waaay to many useless people. Not all, but most.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#44]
must be a younger generation thing.  I've worked rotating 8-hr shifts (we rotate every 4 weeks through all 3 shifts) for the past 20 something years.
New younger officers hired are like, what the hell is this? i don't get day shift and weekends off???

not in this line of work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
must be a younger generation thing.  I've worked rotating 8-hr shifts (we rotate every 4 weeks through all 3 shifts) for the past 20 something years.
New younger officers hired are like, what the hell is this? i don't get day shift and weekends off???

View Quote

Better adapt or die.

This group of Apple employees are idiots. But one of the things I admire about the younger generations is their desire for a healthier work/life balance.

The railroads are currently learning this lesson the hard way, too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Better adapt or die.

This group of Apple employees are idiots. But one of the things I admire about the younger generations is their desire for a healthier work/life balance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better adapt or die.

The problem with that is that they also expect the high pay that went with the PITA job and hours. And why would you offer that if everyone wants the lower hours, no shift work that can suck, and easy work/work from home?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Unfortunately many in the work force are not familiar with work place relationships/work friends/work teams type of situations.

When it comes time to trim some people, who is the manager going to trim; the person that they can chat with in the break room or near the water cooler, etc OR the person that they only see on Zoom/Teams that really is not known to every one?

The WFH subset believes that the most productive or efficient employee will be kept and not laid off...that is unfortunately not the case.

I would personally love to be able to WFH but circumstances don't allow that. I also believe most companies employee waaay to many useless people. Not all, but most.
View Quote

Getting laid off or fired is a small price to pay to no longer work for an idiot.

If that's really their standard for retention, I'll leave whenever they say so. Thanks for the unemployment, which I'm going to milk right to the end.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yes, some people can be as equally, if not more, productive at home. But the other 95% are just lazy and don't want anybody checking on them.

The fact that people use racism as an excuse is proof.
View Quote

I'm lazy in the office too. At least at home, I'm lazy with no pants.

All my work gets done either way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#49]
the religion of lazyness.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder how many of those remote workers sold their houses and moved and now are pissed they gotta go back ??
70% of homes sold last year on Maui were sold to people for out of state, a lot of time when a new neighbor moves in there cars have commifornia plate??
I wonder how many work for apple
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top