Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Golly gee, why would a tactical team who is buying BDUs buy the most commonly used color pattern for BDUs and tactical gear in the country?!
View Quote
They shouldn't be buying BDU's... they aren't soldiers.  That's my whole point.  They are not an offensive military force.  They should be easily identifiable as Police Officers.  IMHO "subdued" anything has no place on them.  Even if they're getting shot at, that's what they signed up for.  They should be wearing Hi-Vis green or something.  If you want to operate, go back in the .mil

Incidentally, I own no multicam, don't "run" anything on a rifle, "roll up" on anything, shoot dogs, or LARP as .mil
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Those times only existed in tv shows,  books and imaginations.
View Quote
I know man, my point was that I am indeed idealizing it. That aint the world we live in. Never was really.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They shouldn't be buying BDU's... they aren't soldiers.  That's my whole point.  They are not an offensive military force.  They should be easily identifiable as Police Officers.  IMHO "subdued" anything has no place on them.  Even if they're getting shot at, that's what they signed up for.  They should be wearing Hi-Vis green or something.  If you want to operate, go back in the .mil
View Quote
I'm sorry, I mistakenly thought I was speaking to a somewhat functional adult human

I realize my mistake and will cease joinder with you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread went well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Green BDUs or black. Waterbourne Ops where’s MultiCam. When we get a SHTF incident, it’s whatever you have on at the time. Beach bum shorts and a T-shirt is normal to see with a raid vest helmet and a AR.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My local PD's SWAT team is multicam from head to toe.

As an ex-LEO, I never understood why they needed multicam.  I can understand boots and a BDU cut jacket and pants, but multicam?  Khaki or OD would have worked just as well.

We didn't have a SWAT team, but our tactically trained guys would don a plate carrier over their uniform.
View Quote
Did they have shoulder things that go up? Nobody needs them, either.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Green BDUs or black. Waterbourne Ops where’s MultiCam. When we get a SHTF incident, it’s whatever you have on at the time. Beach bum shorts and a T-shirt is normal to see with a raid vest helmet and a AR.
View Quote
None of my shit matches
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Civilians had multicam before the military adopted it.

The military should quit trying to be civilians.
View Quote
Or maybe civilians should stop trying to be like the Air Force.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I wore all that...
Black in above post,
OD isn’t too bad, but not as good as Multicam

And the only pics of me in gray are these

Saved by a multicam altimeter thank God..

And finally, gray apparently makes my butt look Big, so that’s a definite  no-go.  You have to be able to understand that!

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You sound triggered. You aren't around weapons that are too dangerous for common civilians and dressed up like a weapon of war in our streets are you?
View Quote
I dress like a cast member from 1-Adam-12 and I have a Glock and a 12 gauge at work. Oh, soooo militarized.

However if you called me at home and said "Hey there is a loony/felon with a rifle barricaded and we need you to get dressed come deal with and it may turn into a shootout" I would dig my ARMY gear out of mothball and show up wearing BDUs and a plate carrier because it MAKES SENSE for the given situation.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why not just throw a plate carrier over their uniform and grab an AR?

Why the need to get decked all up in multicam pants, boots, and shirt?
View Quote
Have you worn crystal combat pants and shirts before? They feel amazing. Would wear them every day if was allowed
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They shouldn't be buying BDU's... they aren't soldiers.  That's my whole point.  They are not an offensive military force.  They should be easily identifiable as Police Officers. IMHO "subdued" anything has no place on them.  Even if they're getting shot at, that's what they signed up for.  They should be wearing Hi-Vis green or something.  If you want to operate, go back in the .mil

Incidentally, I own no multicam, don't "run" anything on a rifle, "roll up" on anything, shoot dogs, or LARP as .mil
View Quote
Atleast the bold doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Can confirm that San Antonio PD SWAT do not wear Multicam.  They wear OD greens type unis.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Ours normally wears OD green crye . We have a lot of wooded areas with homes etc. They have multicam when its needed because it works. I have a plate carrier in multicam from my Army days. No sense wasting money on black when I already have one in the trunk.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I understand that wanting solid colors and POLICE in big letters is something like wanting this back:

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/the_runaway_by_norman_rockwell-400x513.jpg

I get that times have changed. But i'm old fashioned at 35 I guess.
View Quote
That’s the mass state winter uniform. They still wear it.  
This dude so Old, might be the same guy!

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For night time use.

Day use it's about as useful as black.

OD green and multcam are great for day and night.
View Quote
How is multicam useful in an urban setting?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you wear one uniform, multicam is the best one for most environments.

If it wasn’t the best, why did SOCOM copy us, then Big army copy them?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They shouldn't be buying BDU's... they aren't soldiers.  That's my whole point.  They are not an offensive military force.
View Quote
Damn when did that memo come out?

"Official announcement: Only offensive military forces can wear BDUs. That'll be all."

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I honestly don't get why Police need to be hidden, which is what I understand camouflage is intended to be used for.   Is the premise simply, "bad guy barricaded in a building sniping at officers, so officers need to hide?"  Or is it more likely "I wanna sneak up on the perps dog, so I need muh multicam, bruh?"

In what scenarios do Police NEED to go all secret squirrel, requiring extensive use of effective camouflage patterns?

Awful lot of cops always seem to show up in these threads...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait, are you serious?

Please, please tell me you're serious.

Oh god, that would make my day.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I honestly don't get why Police need to be hidden, which is what I understand camouflage is intended to be used for.   Is the premise simply, "bad guy barricaded in a building sniping at officers, so officers need to hide?"  Or is it more likely "I wanna sneak up on the perps dog, so I need muh multicam, bruh?"

In what scenarios do Police NEED to go all secret squirrel, requiring extensive use of effective camouflage patterns?

View Quote
What makes you think the purpose of BDUs in LE is to be hidden?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
"I don't see any need for (assault) weapons at all." Sen. Bodi White, R-Baton Rouge
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I know man, my point was that I am indeed idealizing it. That aint the world we live in. Never was really.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those times only existed in tv shows,  books and imaginations.
Then its hyperbole.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL the SWAT team of my dept used USGI mechanic coveralls they threw on over their uniforms.  But then HK outfitted them for free and I guess they needed to feel the part so they adopted black utes.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

TR is a goat rope.

My point is to simply show a bunch of civilians in .mil clothing doing military-ish things. Every one of these classes is filled to brim with dudes dressed like that.

Lots of dudes in this thread are basically only mad because POLICE.
View Quote
Lol. No one is mad that you wear multicam. We're just saying it makes you look like retarded airsoft LARPer fags. You are the one that seems to be triggered. BDUs make sense. Full on multicam from head to toe looks gay as fuck in an LE role. That's all. It's ok bro. I like to play dress up too. Wear what you want. I'll keep laughing at you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Come on, I was in a ball busting mood and put myself out there so you guys could poke some fun at me, but then you ask me a question like this?

Think about it for a few minutes and see if you can’t come up with your own reasons why you would want to be invisible when some one wants to shoot you.

Edit:
Swat dudes show up swat thread and you find that weird?
Post a transmission thread, see how many wrench turners show up. You might be surprised.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, it is a thread about cops after all
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lol. No one is mad that you wear multicam. We're just saying it makes you look like retarded airsoft LARPer fags. You are the one that seems to be triggered. BDUs make sense. Full on multicam from head to toe looks gay as fuck in an LE role. That's all. It's ok bro. I like to play dress up too. Wear what you want. I'll keep laughing at you.
View Quote
I think your mistake is thinking we give a fuck about what you think.

Clearly, only real men are worried about what other men are wearing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think your mistake is thinking we give a fuck about what you think.

Clearly, only real men are worried about what other men are wearing.
View Quote
You guys are Police officers, and that to me means you should be held to a higher and different standard than civilians who are just "playing dress up".  It's not about what you wear, it's about you having a license to face shoot an innocent and get away with it.  It's about you living above the law.  A Police officer acting in the line of duty shouldn't get to wear whatever the hell they want or shoot whoever the hell  they want for whatever reason.  You should be held accountable for every action taken in the line of duty , including dressing head to toe in warfighter gear while you issue a ticket for jaywalking or standing in line at burritomart.

I DGAF what you want to wear at home, including head to to multicam, but when you're out walking around pointing rifles at people in the line of duty, you should look like Police not like SF.  I just don't see the need to multicam as a civilian policeman.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This thread went well.
View Quote
No shit.  Just your typical GD shit show of thread.  

Though I will say, I'm kinda sad we didn't talk more about the wearing of large quantities of rope while operating operationally in multicam.  I guess i'll need to start a new thread on the usage of rope while operating.

Perhaps the future of SWAT is multicam rope!!  Just think, it'll match the uniform, no one will be able to see the rope in any setting, when you are using the rope, no one will know, and if you lose the rope, you wont have to worry because no one will be able to find it anyway.

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I DGAF .
View Quote
Nor do we
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just don't see the need to multicam as a civilian policeman.
View Quote
I don't see the need to give a fuck what you see or don't see the need for.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I don’t have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, at least in Big Army's case, they had to copy something. The only way UCP could get worse is if they put flashing LEDs on it, or fought WW3 in a gravel pit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They dropped the pattern - because the desert pattern outperformed it in an urban environment.
View Quote
Actually, the pattern was never adopted to begin with. The test where desert marpat came out on top was about a decade later. Of you ever get a chance to look at the pics from those trials it will before clear why desert marpat came out on top...all of the buildings the different camos were tested in front of were fucking tan

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.facebook.com/events/285887108601012/ go to this one.

Ha! They are using a pic of my partner and I for the cover. We took the class last year.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26229967_1806382512718926_4258380909314304904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=edb3659510df2735aa879609131e6aaa&oe=5B650F57
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a cop at the LHT class today wearing plaid in the shoot house.
Damn man, I wish I was there!

Lemme know how that is, I haven't taken it.
https://www.facebook.com/events/285887108601012/ go to this one.

Ha! They are using a pic of my partner and I for the cover. We took the class last year.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26229967_1806382512718926_4258380909314304904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=edb3659510df2735aa879609131e6aaa&oe=5B650F57
That pic makes it look like the young fit guy has already jumped down into position while the old fat guy is easing down carefully, mumbling "I'm too old for this shit..."
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You guys are Police officers, and that to me means you should be held to a higher and different standard than civilians who are just "playing dress up".  It's not about what you wear, it's about you having a license to face shoot an innocent and get away with it. It's about you living above the law.  A Police officer acting in the line of duty shouldn't get to wear whatever the hell they want or shoot whoever the hell  they want for whatever reason.  You should be held accountable for every action taken in the line of duty , including dressing head to toe in warfighter gear while you issue a ticket for jaywalking or standing in line at burritomart.

I DGAF what you want to wear at home, including head to to multicam, but when you're out walking around pointing rifles at people in the line of duty, you should look like Police not like SF.  I just don't see the need to multicam as a civilian policeman.
View Quote
There it is....
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There it is....
View Quote
What? You didn't know that multicam was above the law?

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There it is....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are Police officers, and that to me means you should be held to a higher and different standard than civilians who are just "playing dress up".  It's not about what you wear, it's about you having a license to face shoot an innocent and get away with it. It's about you living above the law.  A Police officer acting in the line of duty shouldn't get to wear whatever the hell they want or shoot whoever the hell  they want for whatever reason.  You should be held accountable for every action taken in the line of duty , including dressing head to toe in warfighter gear while you issue a ticket for jaywalking or standing in line at burritomart.

There it is....
Sounds like if he has a problem, he should talk with his local reps.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Bro They have to look like a police army for the take over.

Seriously I have no idea.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Actually, the pattern was never adopted to begin with. The test where desert marpat came out on top was about a decade later. Of you ever get a chance to look at the pics from those trials it will before clear why desert marpat came out on top...all of the buildings the different camos were tested in front of were fucking tan

http://img68.xooimage.com/files/0/c/7/r-sultat-test-camo-2eca4d7.png
View Quote
Interesting
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I think they should wear multicam pants, OD shirts, ATACS plate carrier, ACU painted helmets, black boots, marpat nylon holsters, and every rifle needs to be cerakoted Kryptek Highlander.  Fuck it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I cant help but wonder.  You see pictures of active shooter situations and all the SWAT guys are always decked out in multicam, etc.  Are they wearing that shit all day everyday just waiting or do they change out into their ACUs en-route?  Is there a member of the team assigned the "designated driver" role, so everyone has time to assemble their ACUs with matching combat boots, multicam plate carriers, and multicam helmet covers?

Curious minds just have to know!

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/sUNlbYBR4Bk8cqSMs7JcuQ--~B/Zmk9c3RyaW07aD0zODg7cHlvZmY9MDtxPTk1O3c9NzIwO3NtPTE7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/creatr-images/GLB/2018-04-03/3946a3c0-378c-11e8-97ec-4f75fe876594_image-5721
View Quote

I think ours wear black.

We had a couple of officers in SWAT uniforms at my apartment complex once.  They had on black uniforms with plate carriers, but no helmets.

Granted it was also a low/no-threat situation too.  They'd already called the apartment manger IIRC asking about him and had been told that he'd moved out already.  I guess they still had to knock on the door to make sure.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Personally, I like the Nomac Flight Suits.  They are fire resistant and slip on over patrol clothes.  Much like mechanic's overalls. I know it can be hotter, but at least one doesn't have to remove clothes to put them on.

ex:   Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You should be held accountable for every action taken in the line of duty , including dressing head to toe in warfighter gear while you issue a ticket for jaywalking or standing in line at burritomart.
View Quote
Does this happen often in your world?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Personally, I like the Nomac Flight Suits.  They are fire resistant and slip on over patrol clothes.  Much like mechanic's overalls. I know it can be hotter, but at least one doesn't have to remove clothes to put them on.

ex:   https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/336822/flightsuits-504746.JPG
View Quote
Nomex sucks.  It s hot as balls and dries slow.  Dri-Fire is fuckin awesome, lighter, thinner, dries quicker, but wayyy more $$. I type this just having flown in my Multicam drifire flight suit a few hours ago.  :-)
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Have there been actual formal studies on Police application of Camo? Or is the Police just going with whatever the .mil is going with?

I think we don't "know" if Multicam is better than some Urban pattern, because I bet the study hasn't been thoroughly done. Because the Police are decentralized and don't have the budget for a big, all encompassing study. But that is just a supposition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 90's called and said it sucked.
Have there been actual formal studies on Police application of Camo? Or is the Police just going with whatever the .mil is going with?

I think we don't "know" if Multicam is better than some Urban pattern, because I bet the study hasn't been thoroughly done. Because the Police are decentralized and don't have the budget for a big, all encompassing study. But that is just a supposition.
I thought the Marines tried tactical grey cammo pattern back when they invaded San Fransicko back in the 1990s when their God of the Big Screen was in command assuring reporters he could see all movement in the operation zone on his big screen.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top