Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just issued a ticket for jay walking by a policeman wearing multi cam, is this legal or should I get a lawyer and fight the ticket?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they should wear multicam pants, OD shirts, ATACS plate carrier, ACU painted helmets, black boots, marpat nylon holsters, and every rifle needs to be cerakoted Kryptek Highlander.  Fuck it.
View Quote
Don't be absurd.  No one makes a decent quality holster in marpat.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They shouldn't be buying BDU's... they aren't soldiers.  That's my whole point.  They are not an offensive military force.  They should be easily identifiable as Police Officers.  IMHO "subdued" anything has no place on them.  Even if they're getting shot at, that's what they signed up for.  They should be wearing Hi-Vis green or something.  If you want to operate, go back in the .mil

Incidentally, I own no multicam, don't "run" anything on a rifle, "roll up" on anything, shoot dogs, or LARP as .mil
View Quote
Why do you hate cargo pockets?  Why do you think I signed up specifically to get shot at?

Man, some of you need to think.  I can't imagine how some of you function on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Personally, I like the Nomac Flight Suits.  They are fire resistant and slip on over patrol clothes.  Much like mechanic's overalls. I know it can be hotter, but at least one doesn't have to remove clothes to put them on.

ex:   https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/336822/flightsuits-504746.JPG
View Quote
They have their place. For normal suppresion of the happiness of my fellow citizens, I carry a bunch of shit in my pockets, you know, a copy of mein kamph, candy bars and my sippy cup and an Elvis shemagh.

Now if I am doing water stuff, I like a flight suit and a pair of sneakers. Everything goes slick and light so you don’t bang of everything in narrow passage ways and it’s quicker to ditch in you go for a swim. But for everyday it doesn’t work as well as being able to wear a top or not for heat regulation,  0r the option of having a bunch of pockets and some  comfortable built in knee pads for some worn out joints.

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was just issued a ticket for jay walking by a policeman wearing multi cam, is this legal or should I get a lawyer and fight the ticket?
View Quote
Don’t bother fighting it, you will look around the court room, not seeing him thinking he didn’t show up and you will win, when he was there in multicam the whole time.

The disappointment is just not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was on SWAT it was a part time gig at my agency. I had another job at the PD and was in SWAT as a secondary job.

I kept my gear and a uniform in my bag in the trunk.

If I had time I changed. If not I put my gear on over my uniform.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No shit.  Just your typical GD shit show of thread.  

Though I will say, I'm kinda sad we didn't talk more about the wearing of large quantities of rope while operating operationally in multicam.  I guess i'll need to start a new thread on the usage of rope while operating.

Perhaps the future of SWAT is multicam rope!!  Just think, it'll match the uniform, no one will be able to see the rope in any setting, when you are using the rope, no one will know, and if you lose the rope, you wont have to worry because no one will be able to find it anyway.

View Quote
No multicam rope, but everyone needs fucking rope!

This is the best I can do on that at the moment.

My youngest always always liked playing on ropes. Here she is a long time ago with her first experience with it, wearing one of those old civil war protec bump helmets.

Recently, she said she wanted to do it again so I broke out the Spider-Man kit.

We don’t have much around the house to practice on, but we did the best we could on short notice and she enjoyed it.

Going down,

Going up,

And me just laid back.... with my mind on my multi and my multi on my mind.....

Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nomex sucks.  It's hot as balls and dries slow.  Dri-Fire is fuckin awesome...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally, I like the Nomac Flight Suits.  They are fire resistant and slip on over patrol clothes.  Much like mechanic's overalls. I know it can be hotter, but at least one doesn't have to remove clothes to put them on.

ex:   https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/336822/flightsuits-504746.JPG
Nomex sucks.  It's hot as balls and dries slow.  Dri-Fire is fuckin awesome...
This.

Nomex flight suits are fine in cold weather (all 3 months of it here lol) and at night the sage ones render you invisible. I used to wear one for nighttime paintball, and it was awesome.

Never saw Dri-Fire. I'll have to check that out now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Blue
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I cant help but wonder.  You see pictures of active shooter situations and all the SWAT guys are always decked out in multicam, etc.  Are they wearing that shit all day everyday just waiting or do they change out into their ACUs en-route?  Is there a member of the team assigned the "designated driver" role, so everyone has time to assemble their ACUs with matching combat boots, multicam plate carriers, and multicam helmet covers?

Curious minds just have to know!

https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/sUNlbYBR4Bk8cqSMs7JcuQ--~B/Zmk9c3RyaW07aD0zODg7cHlvZmY9MDtxPTk1O3c9NzIwO3NtPTE7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/creatr-images/GLB/2018-04-03/3946a3c0-378c-11e8-97ec-4f75fe876594_image-5721
View Quote
Watch the video, this guy seems to be patrolling officer in multicam with full kit for a firefight.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This.

Nomex flight suits are fine in cold weather (all 3 months of it here lol) and at night the sage ones render you invisible. I used to wear one for nighttime paintball, and it was awesome.

View Quote
Flight suits blow in cold weather about as much as they suck in hot weather.  The wind goes right through them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Polyester.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

Flight suits blow in cold weather about as much as they suck in hot weather.  The wind goes right through them.
Polyester.
From a weather standpoint it's pretty similar in my experience.  It's a bit more cotton like when it comes to the feel of the material against your skin.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#14]
our swat team guys are in all green
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top