Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't like kids, never wanted kids and am now too old to have kids.  
I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about my choices.  
At least I don't have little ill-behaved miscreants running around annoying other people.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If people are healthy and successful(and conservative) I sort of think it's a moral imperative to have children.
I usually hear the "I'll never have kids" thing from my crazy hippy cousin who is a Marxist.
Strangely I hear it on here often.
I sort of thought the "no-kids" mentality was a result of ethno-Marxist brainwashing or immoral urban consumerism(think Sex & the City TV show)
View Quote
Having children is a decision that is up to the husband and wife.
I believe that the couple can have as many children as they wish (like the Duggars or Mel Gibson) or no children at all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife may not be able to have kids.  Are we Bolsheviks?
View Quote
My wife and I are part of this group.  Sure we would love a child but that was not in God's plan for us. Fortunately we have lots of nieces and nephews that include us in their lives and we are very grateful to be loved by them.  Are we Bolsheviks?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are some really angry people in her
View Quote
in who?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Other than continuation of the species, can you tell me what benefit having children confers that a puppy dog doesn't?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are some really angry people in her
View Quote

Nothing better than fucking angry.  It isn't always a "her".  Lots of dick lickers around here, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Other than continuation of the species, can you tell me what benefit having children confers that a puppy dog doesn't?
View Quote
They make great transmission vectors for microorganisms that cause illness.  Most of the people who are out sick from where I work today have children at home.  The guy who sits next to me is staying home today to take care of his two sick boys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do not agree with this assessment.  I assume you are referring to financial responsibility.  There are other types of responsibility needed, that is sorely lacked among most people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost no one on this board who can afford a computer couldn't find a way to raise kids responsibly.
I do not agree with this assessment.  I assume you are referring to financial responsibility.  There are other types of responsibility needed, that is sorely lacked among most people.
I'm with you James.

Back when my then wife and I decided to have a family, we stopped at one. We did the math, and decided that it was better to have a single child with a comfortable life rather than having more than one and struggling financially. Given what I'm currently paying to put my daughter through college, I am glad we had that discussion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dog doesn't add to the tax base or add to the common defense
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Agree to disagree I suppose, but I don’t think so.
Healthy people should have, and want to have children.
It is literally the reason for our existence.

People that decide not to are simply selfish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are many reasons for not having children.  Passing a negative judgment on all people who choose not to reproduce is very small-minded.

7.40 Billion people in the world.. limited resources, land and food. Some of us think you're "selfish" for bringing in more.    Also the beginning of that movie 'idiocracy' nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They make great transmission vectors for microorganisms that cause illness.  Most of the people who are out sick from where I work today have children at home.  The guy who sits next to me is staying home today to take care of his two sick boys.
View Quote
They are also a great excuse if you dont feel like going to work
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Just dont think the world or country is headed towards a good place.

I have enough to worry about for myself alone.   Why bring a kid into it?  Reeks of too much work combined with a high probability of regret.

No kids for me.

Die alone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Economics have made having children incredibly hard...unless the .gov is paying, in which case you'll have a whole gang of them.  You want to fix the birth rate issue?  Change the tax code so that 1) child tax credits are not refundable and 2) child tax credits are way larger than they are now.  You'll have that problem solved post haste, but it'll never happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If people are healthy and successful(and conservative) I sort of think it's a moral imperative to have children.

I usually hear the "I'll never have kids" thing from my crazy hippy cousin who is a Marxist.

Strangely I hear it on here often.

I sort of thought the "no-kids" mentality was a result of ethno-Marxist brainwashing or immoral urban consumerism(think Sex & the City TV show)
Economics have made having children incredibly hard...unless the .gov is paying, in which case you'll have a whole gang of them.  You want to fix the birth rate issue?  Change the tax code so that 1) child tax credits are not refundable and 2) child tax credits are way larger than they are now.  You'll have that problem solved post haste, but it'll never happen.
Most the couples I know who elected not to have kids didn't make the choice for financial/economic reason - they all can easily afford kids - instead their choice was simply because they knew having kids would seriously crimp the lifestyles they thoroughly enjoy. Hard to go skiing every weekend, or take cruises to the Bahamas, or go 4-wheeling in the dunes, etc. when you have a baby that needs to be fed, bathed, diapers changed, etc. all the time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Yawn
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#16]
The majority of people here who declare they don't want crotch fruit are 34 year old virgins.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's three, and only three because their mom quit on us.

And I'm talking about a broad look, forward and back, as to how someone consciously and with forethought decides that he is, should be, and deserves to be the end of the line.

Almost no one on this board who can afford a computer couldn't find a way to raise kids responsibly.
View Quote
And what if someone is mature enough to realize "I don't need kids right now."

I should probably just jump in head first and start having kids, right?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just dont think the world or country is headed towards a good place.

I have enough to worry about for myself alone.   Why bring a kid into it?  Reeks of too much work combined with a high probability of regret.

No kids for me.

Die alone.
View Quote
Yes, the world is a terrifying place
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As the father to two sets of twin girls born 11 months apart, who are all now in middle school, all I have to say is that these " No kids" people are fucking geniuses...
View Quote
In the next few years I would advise you to find a rental apartment near your work. That way when your wife and four daughter's menstrual cycles sync you have another place to live for that one week of the month.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seeing how over 50% of the tax base aren't net tax contributors, your argument is invalid. And we really don't need that large of a military in the first place so we don't need that many people re-producing to add to the common defense.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, if you assume continuation and improvement of the species is meaningless, then there is no difference.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#22]
A moral imperative? Explain that one for me. In a way that doesn't sound like "for the good of the collective".
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife is a teacher. She has ~150 students throughout the day. Someone is always sniffling, coughing, sneezing in one of her classes. My kids (both in middle school) are exposed daily to someone who is sniffling, coughing, sneezing, etc. Kids are walking bacteria/virus factories and schools are the labs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#24]
This is the dumbest thing I'll read all day and the west coast isn't even awake yet.  There is nothing moral about a parent being forced to raise a child that they didn't want but conceived anyways because that's what they were "supposed to do".  Do you really expect someone to properly raise a child if their heart isn't committed to it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

7.40 Billion people in the world.. limited resources, land and food. Some of us think you're "selfish" for bringing in more.    Also the beginning of that movie 'idiocracy' nailed it.
View Quote
Of the 7.4B people, most of us here would likely have children in the top few percent on intelligence, creativity, problem solving, and understanding of the principles that made Western Civilization the last best hope for mankind.

I realize it doesn't take much to do better than groups with average IQs in the high 80s, but I'm willing to bet my kids and most of yours will make the world a better place.

I recall being told 30 years ago that we would run out of fossil fuel in 20 years.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, if you assume continuation and improvement of the species is meaningless, then there is no difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thousands of species have come and gone over the millions and millions of years life has existed on this planet. The world is still spinning. Humans thinking we are any different is vain.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My wife is a teacher. She has ~150 students throughout the day. Someone is always sniffling, coughing, sneezing in one of her classes. My kids (both in middle school) are exposed daily to someone who is sniffling, coughing, sneezing, etc. Kids are walking bacteria/virus factories and schools are the labs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went almost a decade after high school avoiding exposure to that kind of stuff. The first year we sent our kid to the babysitter all hell broke loose. I was sick almost the whole year with something new every month. My software was way out of date.

It's been a lot better since then, but that first year sucked hard, I had to re-catch all the viruses to get those antibodies up and running again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Most the couples I know who elected not to have kids didn't make the choice for financial/economic reason - they all can easily afford kids - instead their choice was simply because they knew having kids would seriously crimp the lifestyles they thoroughly enjoy. Hard to go skiing every weekend, or take cruises to the Bahamas, or go 4-wheeling in the dunes, etc. when you have a baby that needs to be fed, bathed, diapers changed, etc. all the time.
View Quote
This right here.

My ancestors sacrificed so I could live this beautiful life.  I have no obligation to do the same, to pass on the knowledge, wisdom, intelligence that mine gave me.

I find this to be a very sad outcome of our society.  I hope you don't regret it, because the pain will be hard to bear.  Many soothe the pain by taking in cats or dogs by the dozen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This right here.

My ancestors sacrificed so I could live this beautiful life.  I have no obligation to do the same, to pass on the knowledge, wisdom, intelligence that mine gave me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This right here.

Quoted before you edit it. Got it right the first time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#30]
If its selfish not to have kids I'll be sure to let the school district to stop taxing me for kids I won't be having. Y'all breeders can pay for your own.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#31]
We need someone from the hood in this thread, bragging up how many boys he fathered.  Of course they all have different mommas.

Then it would be a party.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm extremely conservative.  I have four kids.  I am also involved in politics (my wife and I are both elected office holders).

I am raising my kids to be successful conservatives who will run for office and are willing to cut entitlements.  Hopefully they will be in office when all the childless people are in their golden years, and my children are successful in ending Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.

My offspring and my worldview will succeed, and this will be to the detriment of others.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No.

GFY
View Quote
FPNI and all that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Shit. I can't even take care of myself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Half our Drs in the ER i work in want no kids.  They enjoy their lives.   Hell, i'd enjoy their lives.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm definitely not a Marxist and my wife and I aren't having kids. There is no fucking moral imperative to do so.

We have plans and goals that don't align with raising children and the time and money it takes to do so. Anyone who doesn't like it can get bent.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm extremely conservative.  I have four kids.  I am also involved in politics (my wife and I are both elected office holders).

I am raising my kids to be successful conservatives who will run for office and are willing to cut entitlements.  Hopefully they will be in office when all the childless people are in their golden years, and my children are successful in ending Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.

My offspring and my worldview will succeed, and this will be to the detriment of others.  Too bad.
View Quote
Is this supposed to be a threat?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Raised a step kid, that was good enough for me. Too many people having children and not being there to care for them, those are your "Bolsheviks"
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only if you are living off of entitlements
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you feel threatened by the loss of entitlements?  You have to show up to win the game.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sorry, is that supposed to convince me that his post was the result of logical thought, as opposed to the various emotional outbursts in this thread?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Seems like, as a mammal - your compass is broken - is you don’t want to reproduce.
View Quote
I’m going to pop out some bastards and leave them on your porch like a feral cat.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’m sorry, is that supposed to convince me that his post was the result of logical thought, as opposed to the various emotional outbursts in this thread?
View Quote
What's not logical about it?  I feel that Social Security, medical entitlements and the like are just an unnecessary tax, and our government has no Constitutional authority to do this at the federal level.  I teach my kids the same line of thought, and I put what I preach into practice in my own elected position.

I do not wish to see them paying into a system that I have no need for, and they will have no need for.  Hopefully they can eliminate wasteful spending.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some people never grow up-those people decide not to have kids.
View Quote
Says the swinger.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m going to pop out some bastards and leave them on your porch like a feral cat.
View Quote
Ewww.  Why would you dismember them and leave only the head and some entrails?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do you feel threatened by the loss of entitlements?  You have to show up to win the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You aren’t making any sense. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you’re an “elected office holder”.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#47]
The interesting part of this whole thread is that a large part of you think that just because you are conservative and have kids, you think those kids are going to be conservative. You act like you’re going to pump out little carbon copy robots lacking the ability to think for themselves.

You’re ignorant of the realities of the human mind.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]
We have to remember that GD only has multimillionaire bodybuilders with a trophy spouse, and all of their DNA is made of pure gold and fairy dust.

I suppose we should all look down on people who have hereditary defects who don't want to pass on what caused them pain their whole life.  Fuck those people for not giving their offspring the pain and disadvantage that GD millionaires would cure themselves instantly of with their magic powers.

Blowing your load in someone to get them pregnant does not make you noble or special and it sure as hell doesn't qualify you for being a SUPER PARENT like all GD people are!

GD should have the government make a law to force the world's available women to self impregnate with GD members' magic semen and then the world will become less totalitarian from the conservative values that are passed along genetically!
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
“Selfish” is what commies call us for not embracing socialism. Find another insult.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Not having kids turned out to not be a choice for us.
The choice we made was not having children by artificial means or scientific intervention.
We signed up for adoption roles for about 10 years but at the time we were somehow overlooked over and over again.
Closest I get to Marxism is reading a newspaper.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top