Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2017 7:17:02 PM EDT
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/29/arkansas-executioners-mental-health-allen-ault
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I bet they're real fucking concerned.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be happy. How many more?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Pay for my travel there and back and i'll flip the switch for one. Contract it out. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
^ This. I'll do it on a 1099, if they pay for travel. I can do one week a month. Cram as many as you want in that period.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can kill People who are helpless in cold blood, no matter how much that person deserves it,  and sleep fine at night, you probably belong on the chair, and not the one flipping the switch.

Double edit, fuck autospell on a phone.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
8 less fuckers you have to worry about sticking a spoonshank in your neck with nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can kill People who are helpless in cold blood, no matter how much that reason deserves it,  and sleep fine at night, you probably belong on the chair, and not the one flipping the switch.
View Quote
Bullshit.

Killed a child? Click.

Raped/murdered an innocent person? Click.

These fuckers can burn in hell. I sleep soundly at night. Ymmv.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you can kill People who are helpless in cold blood, no matter how much that person deserves it,  and sleep fine at night, you probably belong on the chair, and not the one flipping the switch.

View Quote
One's a sociopathic murderer, the other is a state-sanctioned execution, punishment for a crime.

But thanks for the lesson in moral relativism, I sleep well at night anyway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
And who's flipping that switch?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Keeping the stereotype alive.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hey 13er, please go back to DU.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, I bet they're real fucking concerned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
They don't kill anyone. I'd bet they are happy as fuck because of the shitbirds being off the count. fewer to feed, fewer to shower, fewer to deal with. This is a stupid left wing cunt story.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bullshit.

Killed a child? Click.

Raped/murdered an innocent person? Click.

These fuckers can burn in hell. I sleep soundly at night. Ymmv.
View Quote
About 1/8 people are phycopaths.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's nice.

Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. The internet badass brigade disagrees though. They'll be along to explain in detail how they would torture and kill people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
87% of statistics are bullshit. And it's Psychopath.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One's a sociopathic murderer, the other is a state-sanctioned execution, punishment for a crime.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

found the Hillary voter I see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
found the Hillary voter I see.
View Quote
You? Yes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I know alot of ADC staff. Most of em are good ole boys who would have zero issues pulling the deer rifle from their truck and offing the filth themselves with zero fucks given.

The only 'mental health' issues that will pop up will likely come from quota hires looking for an excuse to be off work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Buncha killaz up in here.  
Most of GD would need therapy if someone doesn't hit the like button. Fucking hilarious!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now that's where your wrong son.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Flawed logic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never looked at execution as punishment.
I've always felt it was a delivered promise to the public that a particular person will never never commit another heinous act.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#28]
The Feeeeelz were strong in that derp.  There's enough people willing to throw the switch or push the plunger. They usually have more volunteers than needed from what I understand.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You? Yes.
View Quote
I am not the one advocating government employees blindly follow orders w/o any compunction.
Fuck, that is how shit like Waco, and Ruby ridge happen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am not the one advocating government employees blindly follow orders w/o any compunction.
View Quote
Herpin' AND derpin'! Easy there 13r....you're gonna hurt yourself.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#31]
most who make a living in corrections dont really care. I have had great inmates die, men I have had real conversations with over years, I may think about them from time to time, but I don't miss them. Emotion isn't part of the deal inside, the ones that catch feelings end up burning out or turning out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#32]
One of the next ones up is Bruce Ward, who was sentenced to death for strangling an 18 year old female gas station attendant in 1989.  

In 1977, he pled guilty to manslaughter after strangling a woman in Pennsylvania.

I could flip the switch and go for ice cream.  Call me whatever name you like.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Something something jury of ones peers something something beyond reasonable doubt.

This guy had it, your examples did not. Apples and oranges DU'er.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Even after my mom and I watched an illegal murder someone in cold blood I still was opposed to the death penalty but after spending several years working in a maximum security prison (as a nurse) I am convinced there are people on this planet that NEED TO DIE.  

If given the chance I would push that button anytime they asked me to.  I don't give a shit about "impressing" anyone here, especially bleeding hearts who clearly haven't seen evil face to face.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
If they weren't out there killing people, they wouldn't be there in the first place. I would sleep just fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you kill a mouse?   A roach?   Rats?   A coyote?   They're less of a threat than most of the scumbags on death row.   
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll do the first Bill Clinton looking motherfucker for free

kickstarter for travel? no Indiegogo to an execution!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I can see where the taking of another man's life (no matter the circumstances) could bother a person.  

I would guess that it takes a certain personality who is able to see things in terms of strictly black and white without any varying shades of gray to do that sort of job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Pierrepoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOGS-_81KU
View Quote
Very intriguing film.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I totally agree.

We should bring back gladiator style executions so they can fight back and ultimately get crushed.

It should be televised too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Work load went down, but so did the overtime.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have described most of my kills in 2001.  I sleep just fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I offered to volunteer... seats all taken, can't sit here
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Still not tired of winning!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cpl Fisher ???? As in the rank of Corporal ?? Name your branch of Military or LEO Dept.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#46]
It is always some bs concern with executions. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Cpl Fisher ???? As in the rank of Corporal ?? Name your branch of Military or LEO Dept.
View Quote
Airforce
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#48]
This is easy, just keep one psychopath around and give him the detail of offing the death row crowd.  Probably do it willingly for an extra desert!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Somewhere there is a video - has been posted here - of American soldiers taking German POW's - standing them against a tree - firing squad executes him. Put him in a box - cart him off - bring the next one. Members of the firing squad never changed IIRC. I would bet those GI's slept just fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top