Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider your workplace. Would you describe your peers as equally committed as you to do their jobs well?

Chances are you have co-workers wholly dedicated to doing an excellent job. Others would like to do a good job, but lack the skills or intelligence to do so. And still others that couldn't care any less about doing their job and are really just waiting for their paycheck.

People involved in marriages are the same way. You can have two people that are committed and skilled at keeping each other happy. Then you have marriages where one party (or both) simply lack the ability to make each other happy and one (or both) decide to separate. Then you have the third couple that simply doesn't care anymore but it seemed like such a warm, wet hole good idea back when it started.

This is why nearly 2/3 marriages end in divorce.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The US population  is 50.52 percent female compared to 49.48 percent male. So unless there is a lot of polygamy going on...

Yet the "problem" is men being lonely and the "solution" is that they need to be more like women...

https://igotstandardsbro.com/

This is a great site to share with the cat ladies.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Sobering for the narcissists that make up most of the divorced chicks with kids.

TC
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So there are more men than women and that ratio only increases with age.  So maybe they should explain how there is some giant increase in lonely men without even more lonely women?  Some have already alluded to it.  The women essential operate as a harem, facilitated by the dating apps, to the same small subset of guys.
View Quote

That's a bingo. Attractive women spend the first 15 to 20 years of maturity absolutely being a part of an dating app harem to a very small percentage of the same men. They get off the cock carousel around 35 or so, or whenever they age out of easy street on the apps, and wonder why there are no emotionally available, wealthy, 6'5" men beating down their doors to start a family.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Ouch! True, though. I used to be one of them.

TC
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Try chasing a married woman, it’s much easier. For example, I used to deliver office supplies to this lady’s office and she’s really nice and I think she likes me. I make sure I comment on all of her FB posts and other  social media
View Quote
"I understood that reference.jpg"
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
After my divorce, I have zero trust. It was about five years ago and I'm still financially recovering.  I don't get to retire, I'm 65 and don't have the time to rebuild my retirement (that she stole).  
I get laid often enough to keep the beast happy, but I just don't have any motivation to have a girlfriend.
It's fucking great!  I do what I want, when I want, with who I want.  Get up at 4AM to go fish or deer hunt?  Great!  A long nap on Saturday?  Great!  Go see a movie?  Don't have to spend time figuring out what she wants to watch.  Went to see Top Gun by myself last weekend, it was... Great!  Come home after work and spend time in the garage wrenching on a bike?  Great?  Don't feel like dinner?  Great!  Don't eat dinner!  Want to take the quad out and run around the hills scouting for elk, setting up game cams?  Great!  How about stopping off for a couple beers on the way home from work?  Great!  
You get the idea.

Keanu Reeves is single.  He said a while back, "Once you know how to take care of yourself company becomes an option and not a necessity."

Yup.  Enjoying my singularity.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

TC
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
After my divorce, I have zero trust. It was about five years ago and I'm still financially recovering.  I don't get to retire, I'm 65 and don't have the time to rebuild my retirement (that she stole).  
I get laid often enough to keep the beast happy, but I just don't have any motivation to have a girlfriend.
It's fucking great!  I do what I want, when I want, with who I want.  Get up at 4AM to go fish or deer hunt?  Great!  A long nap on Saturday?  Great!  Go see a movie?  Don't have to spend time figuring out what she wants to watch.  Went to see Top Gun by myself last weekend, it was... Great!  Come home after work and spend time in the garage wrenching on a bike?  Great?  Don't feel like dinner?  Great!  Don't eat dinner!  Want to take the quad out and run around the hills scouting for elk, setting up game cams?  Great!  How about stopping off for a couple beers on the way home from work?  Great!  
You get the idea.

Keanu Reeves is single.  He said a while back, "Once you know how to take care of yourself company becomes an option and not a necessity."

Yup.  Enjoying my singularity.
View Quote

This is truth right here.

Relationships are exhausting for me. My brother is the opposite, he was 100% useless until he got married.

People are wired differently and we'd be better if we focused on our own needs vs societal expectations.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was on myspace years ago when it was a thing, a chick msg'd me saying I was one of 3 male single college grads within like 100 miles that fit her criteria, she was in medical school and dabbled in swimsuit modeling.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a very target rich environment for successful men.

View Quote

It's so target rich I have to slow down to keep up
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy a nice house.

Bring a good looking woman home.

Nesting instinct kicks in.

Enjoy the ride.

Repeat as boner dictates.

"Always let your johnson be your guide"  Jiminey Somethingorother

View Quote

This works. BTDT.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been single since 2017, but have hardly been lonely.

Be roughly in shape (not round), be able to keep a conversation going and make a woman laugh, have a car and a place to sleep and a job, and keep the attitude that it's just another plate and there will be another along if she leaves...

Bam.  You're not lonely... at all.  You're the older grey fox secure in manhood and finances that doesn't need her at all that she needs to catch and fix.

I've narrowed down to gingers and auburn only lately and even with that small percentage it's game on when I want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm single and in my mid 30's, I wouldn't consider myself lonely. I can surround myself with people at any time. Just because some people can't handle the concept of being by themselves doesn't mean that we're all doomed.
View Quote

Humans are not designed to be solitary… it’s very simple, you don’t know what you’re missing. Most are unable to reach full potential with love and support from a mate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Humans are not designed to be solitary… it’s very simple, you don’t know what you’re missing. Most are unable to reach full potential with love and support from a mate.
View Quote

Bullshit. It's much easier to focus and reach full potential without having some harpy in your head complicating things.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh horseshit.

Women want to be able to do whatever the hell they want yet have some dumb WEALTHY cuck pay their freight.
Ride the cock carousel or whichever name it goes by nowadays.
They’re just whiny when they don’t get to play this game.
I’m glad men are realizing this bullshit and telling them to FOAD.
View Quote

Case and point with this post.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Case and point
View Quote

Credibility = poof
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bullshit. It's much easier to focus and reach full potential without having some harpy in your head complicating things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a thought, but if ‘love and support’ translates to a’harpy in your head’, I’m going to suggest that perhaps you’ve never experienced love and support and maybe aren’t in the best position to judge what you’re missing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just a thought, but if ‘love and support’ translates to a’harpy in your head’, I’m going to suggest that perhaps you’ve never experienced love and support and maybe aren’t in the best position to judge what you’re missing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to love someone you don't even LIKE. I LIKE my wife. I bet your husband likes you too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it would be easier to focus without having to worry about getting nagged or bitched at because you forgot to take the garbage out or didn't make the bed right, etc.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think it would be easier to focus without having to worry about getting nagged or bitched at because you forgot to take the garbage out or didn't make the bed right, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that sound like love and support to you?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, sounds like reality though. Lol
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#22]
A lot longer than that.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point stands then.

That is your perception of reality based on events you were either a part of or bore witness to, but isn’t an accurate reflection of everyone’s reality. Which leads to my statement that perhaps you’ve never experienced love and support, and as such maybe you’re not in the best position to judge what you’re missing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My point stands then.

That is your perception of reality based on events you were either a part of or bore witness to, but isn’t an accurate reflection of everyone’s reality. Which leads to my statement that perhaps you’ve never experienced love and support, and as such maybe you’re not in the best position to judge what you’re missing.
View Quote

Combine today's divorce rates and people who chose not to play the odds and risk their fortune and hard work with the family law system, my perception aligns with the majority.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
20%, 80%.
View Quote
Pareto distribution.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Prefer men emotionally available and share their values?
View Quote
Also, you have to HAVE values to share them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if you are really into Greek mythology.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Wow, she really went balls to the wall.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are any of those women wealthy?

Asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in a 55+ community and single/widowed women probably outnumber the men here, 8:1. If something were to happen to my wife, God forbid, female companionship would be the least of my problems.

Are any of those women wealthy?

Asking for a friend.

I'm sure there are many, with money. On my block, there aren't many men. The single/widow women don't look to be hurting, financially.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm sure there are many, with money. On my block, there aren't many men. The single/widow women don't look to be hurting, financially.
View Quote

Is this Captain Kirk?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All a bunch of bullshit. The problem is that our society has pussified men. Women still want manly men. It's an instinctive desire and can't be changed by shifting cultural norms. They want a good provider. They want a good defender. They want good genetic material for their pups. Be those things and you won't need to pursue a mate. They will pursue you.
View Quote

Not true, I have seen first hand good looking ladies married to weak,sickly men with major medical issues. And they are not rich, except the one dude in the wheel chair.

I think he has an agreement with his Eastern European wife. He does have a huge settlement from when he was injured on the job.

The other dudes work at a chick-filet, a bowling alley and as a contractor.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mgtow
View Quote
I agree with Mgtow for the most part. They say don't marry an American woman, and I have seen first hand being born in the early 60's the radical feminization of our females. It is I'm sure very difficult to find a woman here who hasn't been affected my feminisms.

I went the foreign girl shopping and found an old fashioned Christian girl who wants to be submissive to me as her husband. I have detected not one note of feminism in her. She is sweet, kind, polite, non demanding, submissive to my wishes, tender hearted and a joy to be around. At first her submissiveness kind of scared me because I thought what kind of woman ask me permission to do anything at all? Then I figured out it was because she correct.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#34]
If you have a normal BMI, have nice hair, fix your teeth, are socially adept, drive a vehicle that isn't embarrassing to be seen in, and are gainfully employed above the poverty line you can get a pretty smoking hot woman.  It's that simple, no mystery to it.

I don't want to hear any of this 20% 80% b.s. either.  I was a Sorority Sweetheart in college, dated a lot of highly attractive young women when I was single, and I'm not freaking Bradley Cooper or anything.

Learn how women think, get game, and get out into the dating scene if you want a woman.  However, my advice is that if you are  young and single you really should be focused on your career and establishing yourself in your 20's far more than women.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Combine today's divorce rates and people who chose not to play the odds and risk their fortune and hard work with the family law system, my perception aligns with the majority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point stands then.

And?

Still doesn’t mean you’ve experienced love and support, or that others haven’t. Nor does it mean you’re in the best position to judge what you’re missing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I agree with Mgtow for the most part. They say don't marry an American woman, and I have seen first hand being born in the early 60's the radical feminization of our females. It is I'm sure very difficult to find a woman here who hasn't been affected my feminisms.

I went the foreign girl shopping and found an old fashioned Christian girl who wants to be submissive to me as her husband. I have detected not one note of feminism in her. She is sweet, kind, polite, non demanding, submissive to my wishes, tender hearted and a joy to be around. At first her submissiveness kind of scared me because I thought what kind of woman ask me permission to do anything at all? Then I figured out it was because she correct.
View Quote

Nice, hope she stays that way.

Problem is guys will bring back foreign brides who are then just bombarded with feminist propaganda 24/7.  

To keep women "traditional conservative" (tradcon) requires an entire support system including many other women who are tradcon.  A man, by himself, will never keep a tradcon woman tradcon for long. Either find that support system or consider moving out to her native land.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Today's women are not the same as your grandmother was 50 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't want a submissive woman.  I don't want a Geisha doll following me around.

Having a female submissive slave who asked me before doing everything would bore me to tears.

I'm glad you guys enjoy that, though, I guess.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And?

Still doesn’t mean you’ve experienced love and support, or that others haven’t. Nor does it mean you’re in the best position to judge what you’re missing.
View Quote

The odds are not in a man's favor of experiencing that, who wants to risk that? Not saying there aren't some decent women out there, but it's a rare occurrence.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder if there were as many whiny insecure men in the world pre internet or is it just that they have a platform now?

That’s right, Boomer here and I laid pipe from coast to coast.

But seriously, it’s depressing seeing this topic all the time. I was blessed with a good woman that has been by my side for 35 years now.

Had a few false starts along the way.
I’ve been lonely for short periods of time.

Is the artificial society to blame for today?

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Psychology Today....

Read about their founding and backgrounds of the early people. They have probably been pushing bullshit claptrap for decades, using titled academics with agendas for "gravitas"

How aboutjthis gravitas from their editor in chief

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is this Captain Kirk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this Captain Kirk?

Lol
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't want a submissive woman.  I don't want a Geisha doll following me around.

Having a female submissive slave who asked me before doing everything would bore me to tears.

View Quote
Agreed.  My wife doesn't take shit from me or anyone else .  She's my best friend.  I see her as my equal not just my wife. I think the biggest problem with women is they have been programmed to believe that men are there to provide them happiness and to serve their needs.  That's why women don't usually have many hobbies and shit all over their husbands who do.    It hard to find an actual independent woman that finds her own happiness and shares it with you rather than sucking the happiness out of you  but there's a few out there.  

Women independence is the biggest lie told.  If they really felt themselves independent they'd be more willing to marry men who make the same or less money than they do.   What most women mean by independent is they want you to provide them a living all your attention AND be your boss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nice, hope she stays that way.

Problem is guys will bring back foreign brides who are then just bombarded with feminist propaganda 24/7.  

To keep women "traditional conservative" (tradcon) requires an entire support system including many other women who are tradcon.  A man, by himself, will never keep a tradcon woman tradcon for long. Either find that support system or consider moving out to her native land.
View Quote
Yes the Filipino community here is strong and I already have made Filipino friends she has never met. They tend to police their own even in other countries. I have of course, heard horror stories about non traditional behaving Filipinas when they run amuck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I want a woman who will walk beside me as a partner, but still let me lead when needed. Someone who doesn't need to be fulfilled by having a job, raising the kids, being involved in 6 different clubs, and hang with the girls to just go dancing of course.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s a partnership when done right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Today's women are not the same as your grandmother was 50 years ago.
View Quote

People have been saying that literally forever. It's always the end of the world, culture is always being destroyed, etc. etc.

Not to say that there isn't an element of truth, but it is also something that has been going on as long as civilization has been a thing.

ETA - Periods like The Enlightenment and other high points are abnormalities, not the norm.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The odds are not in a man's favor of experiencing that, who wants to risk that? Not saying there aren't some decent women out there, but it's a rare occurrence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?

There are still many men and women willing to take that risk. You may not be one of them, and that’s fine. What you see as nothing more than a risky burden may end up being the greatest pleasure of someone else’s life. One of the fantastic things about this nation is that we are free to make that choice. No one is obligated to be in a relationship with anyone else. Mutual selection reigns supreme.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I think Psychology Today is trying to create a story where there is none.

Or trying to make a big insight out of a tiny occurrence.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I want a woman who will walk beside me as a partner, but still let me lead when needed. Someone who doesn't need to fill fulfilled by having a job, raising the kids, being involved in 6 different clubs, and hang with the girls to just go dancing of course.
View Quote

How should she 'feel fulfilled' then?  By catering to you?  This mindset is alien to me, please explain.  I'm not trolling you.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top