Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not a fan of Asheville. But I’ve always wanted to take the wife to the Sierra Nevada brewery.
View Quote

Chico kalifornia is the home.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
NC style pulled pork bbq is amazing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, but thats down east in Lexington NC not up in AVL.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

now, now,

Lu Ells and 12 bones is pretty good.

They shut the coal side of the Duke plant down, only gas turbines working now, so we pulled our gear. I haven't been there in a couple of years.

Rednecks
Retirees
Hippies
Yuppies
AT Trail bums
and vagrants.

Did they burn the Biltmore Estate down yet, cuz you know, those evil capitalists and shit.
View Quote

Probably turn it into section 8 housing, then listen to them all whine about no AC in the summer.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
And I will continue to drive past Asheville on my way to other places and not stop there or spend a penny...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Given the hardened liberals that I know,  this is an accurate  summary.  

They can easily separate their private lives from their public persona.  The West End of Richmond was full of Lexus driving Karens with Bernie and local private school bumper stickers.
View Quote

Can you tell Miguel to wash the Beemer today?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Its ironic that the party that had slavery as it's political platform is able to use reparations as a way to load up on cash. The Democrat party should pay the Republican party reparations.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its ironic that the party that had slavery as it's political platform is able to use reparations as a way to load up on cash. The Democrat party should pay the Republican party reparations.
View Quote

Pumping money into the slums under any name is a continuation of mental slavery. It breeds dependence, and reinforces to slum dwellers that they can't do anything productive on their own and need the Karens around to manage things for them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Reparation payments should be limited to the Democrat party, “historic oppression”.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any person with any self respect will leave and let the rich SJWs fund the Democrat's money laundering scheme to take taxpayer money, "reparate" it to the neighborhoods....and then the same politicians will go get "donations" that come from those funds.  The "Detroiting" of Asheville is almost complete.
https://www.wyff4.com/article/asheville-passes-reparations-resolution-in-historic-vote/33319471
View Quote

30 years ago I wanted to move to Asheville.  It was a great town then.

we need to stop framing this shit in turns of "X Town\City\State" is done for", because this shit is coming everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh idk, I ate pork bbq & pork products in general all the time growing up here, until I married a Texan. Now the only pork I touch is Bacon, liver mush & sausage. You can’t pay me enough to touch a pork chop, tenderloin, or shoulder. Pigs are trash meat imho, there just isn’t a substitute for bacon .  These days it’s all Beef brisket, Beef ribs & steak for me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Boojum in Waynesville is a great western NC brewery, down in the valley off the BRP.

I do not know their politics, just their beer.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Sucks that it's such a beautiful place too.  Avatar is from Max Patch, little bit outside of Aville on the AT.  Also reinforced the "crazy leftist, fun in bed" truism with a girl from asheville.  I'm sure she's excited about the vote today.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not a fan of Asheville. But I’ve always wanted to take the wife to the Sierra Nevada brewery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I'm done travelling to the area each year for their breweries I guess.

Then come out to the real one in Chico, CA. It's dead in the center of Jefferson territory in one of the most conservative parts of the state.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys just stay on 77 and come up just across the WV border to a free state. We have a good brewery locally and a great whiskey distillery.

Greenbrier Valley

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Probably turn it into section 8 housing, then listen to them all whine about no AC in the summer.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now, now,

Lu Ells and 12 bones is pretty good.

They shut the coal side of the Duke plant down, only gas turbines working now, so we pulled our gear. I haven't been there in a couple of years.

Rednecks
Retirees
Hippies
Yuppies
AT Trail bums
and vagrants.

Did they burn the Biltmore Estate down yet, cuz you know, those evil capitalists and shit.

I wonder what that place generates in taxes and employment.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

30 years ago I wanted to move to Asheville.  It was a great town then.

we need to stop framing this shit in turns of "X Town\City\State" is done for", because this shit is coming everywhere.
View Quote

This would be true, if Asheville wasn't already very far down the path to ruin.  This just is accelerating that process.

Greenville, while not perfect, is still "savable", even though we are being invaded by NY and NJ types.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Asheville used to be a nice town -- back in the early '60s. Even then the start of the downhill slide could be seen.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reparations would be great, if they came with an agreement that said, "After this, that's it.  No more.  We're done."
View Quote

Which is why they are framing it as payments to an area / group, not individuals.

So long as an area or group is still defined as "suffering" (and it always will be)... The payments will continue indefinitely to match.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Then come out to the real one in Chico, CA. It's dead in the center of Jefferson territory in one of the most conservative parts of the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet it’s nice, I’ve never been west of Anna TX .  The only problem with CA is that I couldn’t bring a burner with me.

I know people who have gone to both and they say the food is absolutely amazing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Heading up to Brevard tomorrow for a few days, hopefully won't have to get any closer than Hendersonville.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well this time Councilperson's buddy's company will get the multi-million $ contract to make the niceness. So it will be different this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not direct reparations but "community investments"

Newsflash idiots, liberal cities have been pumping dumptrucks of money into black communities for years and nothing ever changes. The people, the culture, the attitude need to change before those communities will ever change and improve.

Well this time Councilperson's buddy's company will get the multi-million $ contract to make the niceness. So it will be different this time.

That’s how it’s usually always done, even in ‘conservative’ towns.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You guys just stay on 77 and come up just across the WV border to a free state. We have a good brewery locally and a great whiskey distillery.

Greenbrier Valley

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/5EA5AFAC-2438-46B7-8230-2B32E715D4C4_jpg-1504775.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greenbrier Valley

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/5EA5AFAC-2438-46B7-8230-2B32E715D4C4_jpg-1504775.JPG

Yes, I love WV, a beautiful state indeed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Dang it and I was considering moving there . Thanks for the heads up . Wife and I usually go to chimney rock .
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I've lived 30 miles away my whole life. Asheville has been gone for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in Asheville - just outside of town by the airport.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#29]
The resolution does not give direct payments to descendants of slaves, but instead allocates money to areas that traditionally see racial disparities.
View Quote

Oh man, so the money will go to even less use than if they just gave it to people.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Around 15% of the population are black, the ironic thing is they push for neighborhood revitalization of the couple of low cost neighborhoods left in the city it will push those residents out.  A lot of these are investor owned properties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asheville is the Berkeley of North Carolina.

Around 15% of the population are black, the ironic thing is they push for neighborhood revitalization of the couple of low cost neighborhoods left in the city it will push those residents out.  A lot of these are investor owned properties.

Ah, so I just didn't see any black folks because the town is highly segregated like lots of 'progressive' areas.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Asheholes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They’re in Franklin, not Asheville.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Asheville has black people?  I only saw pale yuppies & hipsters when I visited.

I can see why Cuckahee Brewing folded like they did.

They’re in Franklin, not Asheville.

The black people, or Currahee?

It was the Asheville Brewing Assoc. threatening to boot them out that made them cave over the Boogbier...they were booted out anyway, lol.  Morons.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why do we allow them to take over the most beautiful places in the country?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Its the San Francisco of the East Coast.
View Quote

Ann Arbor is the SF of the East. Asheville isn’t far behind
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Wonder how long it will take the "activists" and "community organizers" to embezzle all the money and line their pockets and pass on a pittance to their communists masters to assure more money to embezzle.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wonder how long it will take the "activists" and "community organizers" to embezzle all the money and line their pockets and pass on a pittance to their communists masters to assure more money to embezzle.
View Quote

"Two Weeks"?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#37]
I drop down into Asheville for gas and supplies when driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, but that's about it. I never noticed anything wrong with the town.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why do liberals always infest and destroy the nicest places?  The Asheville area is beautiful.  Just like California.

A coworker has been talking about retiring there for years.  Lately, he's been reconsidering.  
View Quote

Great fucking question.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Asheville has black people?  I only saw pale yuppies & hipsters when I visited.

I can see why Cuckahee Brewing folded like they did.
View Quote

Maybe that's why they are doing it there.  
They know they only have to pay Reps to 5 or 6 and they still look WOKE...  More trendy shit...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nothing that has not been going on for decades. New name. Yeah.

Asheville is the Berkeley of North Carolina.
View Quote

And that's how imported leftist transplants rule a city to take over the entire State.

The DNC will own the South, including Texas, before too long.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Asheville has been SJW haven for decades.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#42]
I am supposed to attend a wedding there next month. I am not excited about spending a dime in that town.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm done with Asheville. They can suck me off. Not spending another dollar there and that includes the way overpriced Biltmore Estate
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Where’s HK Edgerton when you need him?

Attachment Attached File

HK Edgerton talks about his fight for Confederate monuments

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe a few years ago. Now, definitely miss it. They sold out to AB (or was it Miller? Same same) and quality sucks now. Which blows because the Funkatorium was awesome.

Asheville has always been libtarded but this is disappointing. I love the breweries there. Was planning a trip to Mars Hill next year. May stay out of the city now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't miss "Wicked Weed"

Maybe a few years ago. Now, definitely miss it. They sold out to AB (or was it Miller? Same same) and quality sucks now. Which blows because the Funkatorium was awesome.

Asheville has always been libtarded but this is disappointing. I love the breweries there. Was planning a trip to Mars Hill next year. May stay out of the city now...

Bullshit. The Wicked Weed Funkatorium is still awesome.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why do we allow them to take over the most beautiful places in the country?
View Quote
Asheville aint shit compared to Idaho, Utah, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska, but let's not let the libs know that
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Greenbrier Valley

View Quote

@LawyerUp
How about the name or link to that great brewery off 77? All I see are 3rd rate strip clubs just across the border.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Gosh, probably 3 or so years ago we were meeting some people for lunch downtown.  We were living in Waynesville at the time and somewhat sheltered from the Aville insanity.  I was carrying our newborn baby girl and crossing Patton Ave downtown.  I was also wearing a back the blue shirt, which I swear to my wife wasn’t intentional.  I remember a newer a Subaru pulling alongside us, filled w black-clad, trustafarian, Warren Wilson students who started screaming F the police and whatever BS they spout.  I turned to my wife and was like, “see these people are real - and they’re fucking crazy.”

We have a bunch of old friends there and I fear it’s still my wife’s retirement choice.  I’ll hold off as long as I can.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#49]
No direct cash payments -- reparations people will NOT find this acceptable, and the race rioting/baiting will continue.

At best, this will be described as a "good first step", meaning "Fine, but keep going -- the Descendants of Slaves deserve direct reparation"
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Reparations would be great, if they came with an agreement that said, "After this, that's it.  No more.  We're done."
View Quote

That's the problem -- reparations will NEVER be done; it will NEVER be enough.  If you can give free money to blacks as "Descendants of Slaves" TODAY, it is RACIST to NOT give it to their children, and their children, etc etc.  Which future generation will say, "No thank you.   We don't want that reparation money -- we're good".  That will NEVER happen.

"Are there still some people in the USA who are racist? (in our view)
Yes?  Then the work of reparations isn't done."

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top