Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Needs a "get both" option.
View Quote

So you want abortions AND an “assault weapons” ban?

If so, perhaps the mindless, easily-programmed Leftist sociopaths who infest the political threads of Reddit are more your style.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No, OP is creating a false choice. Basically saying to protect ourselves from Democrats, we have to become like Democrats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP is trying to make a point regarding abortions.

Having abortion on the ballot is a huge loser for the GOP, and if we keep losing elections, eventually dems will have a large enough majority to put into a place an AWB

So we either have to change our messaging on abortion or stand by and watch as our 2A rights get slowly whittled away.

In my opinion the poll serves to point that out.

No, OP is creating a false choice. Basically saying to protect ourselves from Democrats, we have to become like Democrats.

It’s obvious that abortion on the ballot brings out the democrats in force.

Keep putting it on the ballot and thinking it’s a “false choice”

Soon enough these ass kickings the GOP is getting will result in not only less restrictions on abortions but also further eroded 2A rights.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Neither.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Easy pick.   And there are multiple current GD threads on the subject.   The abortion shit is a losing proposition.  Be smart, give it up.  DGAF, many much more important issues.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, this is really a tough one at first glance. But the fact is if we lose our Second Amendment right we can't fight for any others. I am pro-life and a Christian. I would lend my voice to the quarter million voiceless lives that are slaughtered in this country every year. I don't care how they will grow up and vote. It's just not right to me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#7]
A lot of liberals on here making the push for Abortion the last few days.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Soon enough these ass kickings the GOP is getting will result in not only less restrictions on abortions but also further eroded 2A rights.
View Quote

And which Democratic tenet should Republicans then adopt once people continue voting Democrat because Republicans are cold-hearted bigots who only care about the rich?

Don't think that will happen? Look at the gay marriage debate from 10-years-ago. It's basically over. Republicans don't mention it on the campaign anymore; they ceded that political ground. They still lose elections.

This country is currently involved in a culture war. Republicans are losing it. They will continue to do so as long as their views are filtered through the overwhelmingly leftist education system and mass media. They need to focus on getting their views out; not changing them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not me they should worry about when they kill their children for the sake of convenience.

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Neither.
View Quote

JFC O.P. - total complete FAIL!

MacMan37 has it right.   Neither - Nor "Get Both"

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Poll fail. No on both.
View Quote

This individual gets it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Absolute poll fail.

Neither.

Freedom of choice.

Choice to have an abortion or not.

Choice to own an "assault rifle" or not.

Not having the government make the choice for you.

That's what it comes down to,  and the anti-abortion fanatics here are no better than the leftist anti-gunners.

FFS

View Quote
This....  Even though I am opposed to abortions, especially for Birth control, I do not want the Govt telling my wife or daughter what they can do.  I'd hope that unless it were medically necessary they would choose to do the right thing.

When I was young stupid and had no money, there were a few times were old GFs and I had scares where they were late and thought to be knocked up.   Each time, I told them, If you are pregnant, I helped do this, I'll help take care of it and be the best father I can be. It'll probably be rougher than we think, but we'll figure it out.  A few days later, they started.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Abortion is a state's issue.

The RKBA is protected in the Bill of Rights.

Apples and oranges.

Abortion is evil, but if a state puts it to a vote and it is legalized, that is how our Republic was designed to work.

No law, voted for or not, that restricts access to firearms is Constitutional.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And which Democratic tenet should Republicans then adopt once people continue voting Democrat because Republicans are cold-hearted bigots who only care about the rich?

Don't think that will happen? Look at the gay marriage debate from 10-years-ago. It's basically over. Republicans don't mention it on the campaign anymore; they ceded that political ground. They still lose elections.

This country is currently involved in a culture war. Republicans are losing it. They will continue to do so as long as their views are filtered through the overwhelmingly leftist education system and mass media. They need to focus on getting their views out; not changing them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn’t cede it.

The voters spoke. Enough people were ok with gay marriage that eventually politicians got the message.

That’s how this system works. There’s some points of view where the majority rules.

Also the Supreme Court ruling gay marriage was a protected right, pretty much put the nail in that particular conservative coffin.

The same thing is happening with abortion, short of the Supreme Court ruling that a fetus has protected constitutional rights, abortion is going to be decided by the voters.

So far pro life conservatives are on the losing side of it.

We can either adjust our messaging or continue to lose elections and enjoy all the side affects of losing election after election
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless the GOP can pull its head out of its ass and get to work, we are definitely going to get both.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/GSWvqBX.jpg

Bigger_Hammer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither.

Bigger_Hammer

Hold up - you’re over shitting on anyone speaking out against the obvious Bullshit lawfare against President Trump, but over here claiming… that abortion isn’t a losing issue at the polls…?

(Regardless of whether you feel it is right or wrong, it *IS* a losing issue.)
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We can either adjust our messaging or continue to lose elections and enjoy all the side affects of losing election after election
View Quote

What does this mean? Move left?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#18]
People like the OP are funny.

They still think abortions are a Constitutional Right, when they clearly are NOT.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If so, perhaps the mindless, easily-programmed Leftist sociopaths who infest the political threads of Reddit are more your style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, we're gonna have both, so.........guess I'll stick around.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
People like the OP are funny.

They still think abortions are a Constitutional Right, when they clearly are NOT.
View Quote

I don’t recall anyone here saying they are a Constitutional right.
It would fall under the 9th Amendment, since it isn’t enumerated in the Constitution, therefore leaving it up to the states to adjudicate (which is indeed what the USSC stated)
The argument is mostly that it’s a losing issue for Republicans, and continuing to insist on it the way we have been is a de facto vote for continuing the slide towards tyranny (which is of course already well underway).
@Sixgunner45 Who here has claimed it is a Constitutional right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Poll doesnt realize the difference between a right guaranteed by the Constitution and a talking point fabricated  “right” to kill a person

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#22]
People that think digging their heels in expecting “neither” don’t know by now that position is gonna guarantee them “both”?

Is that delusion or arrogance?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Why would I have to choose this?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People that think digging their heels in expecting “neither” don’t know by now that position is gonna guarantee them “both”?

View Quote

Is this a threat from the DNC/Globalists?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

..but becoming more like Democrats guarantees the survival of conservative values?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I fear my eternal judgment more than winning any election.

If I can't be trusted to defend the most vulnerable, I don't care what political system I live under.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Yup.

Not gonna compromise my morality to "win" anything.

Those that will don't have a leg to stand on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]
All stupid Republicans have to say is, "I appose abortions, but the people have spoken and stand with what they vote for."
Just because you appose abortions does not mean you are going to outlaw them out of hand.
Assault weapons bans are Unconstitutional, so end of discussion.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#29]
If child murder is so popular that we can't win an election by opposing it, we don't deserve to be saved. America would make Sodom blush.

"God, please provide my family safekeeping before you send fire upon this once-great nation."
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Jokes on you. No such thing as an assault weapon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hold up - you’re over shitting on anyone speaking out against the obvious Bullshit lawfare against President Trump, but over here claiming… that abortion isn’t a losing issue at the polls…?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither.

Bigger_Hammer

Whoa there!   I don't support EITHER of those "Bans".  Thus my post "Neither - nor get both".   I don't want the .GOV in either my Bedroom or my Gun Safe.

The Abortion issue has certainly kicked Republicans square in the balls in 2022 & again hard in 2023 and it will kick Republicans again even harder in 2024 as ever more states pass what are effective "Bans" on all Abortions or make the "window" impossible small to jump through...

Thus making Abortion a "National Issue" in the 2024 elections.

I think Abortion IS a big losing issue for Republicans in General Elections as even "Conservative" women - many who do not plan or expect to have an abortion - but don't want that decision / option removed by a bunch of old religious fundamentalists".  

I may not plan to own a M2 .50 BMG anytime soon, but as a gun owner I want the RIGHT to own such - if my situation changes.   Freedom!

Bigger_Hammer

@Prijador
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What would you pick?
View Quote

How about neither.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#33]
No, Fuck gun grabbers and whores.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
GD: murder is ok if it's me using a at15 to prevent someone stealing my hubcap

Also GD : there's too many people on welfare, they shouldn't have so many babys

AND also Gd :  they should be forced to keep their babies and set off  life of poverty and handouts.

Just  like every other policy, if your anti abortion you should have a extra tax to support the people effected by your belief..
View Quote

Why are we supporting people? Shouldn’t they do that themselves?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#35]
C 1st post.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#36]
The left plans on killing babies and taking your guns.......take things from them
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#37]
The constitution doesn't give the government any power for regulating abortion.  Either way.
The 2nd amendment is clear.

Stupid question.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Democrats/communists aren’t people. IDGAF what they do with their spawn
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#40]
we should support both - in fact mandate both - illegal aliens who awe expecting should have babies killed - those on welfare - those addicted to illegal drugs just a modest proposal
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about how the democrats approach gun control. They don’t typically propose bills or campaign on complete confiscation. They elect the right people who slowly but surely nibble away at the 2A over time.

Abortion was a protected right in this country for about 50 years. It’s going to take time to have laws in place restricting it. The majority of the American public or at least the ones who vote are simple not ready for sweeping change in regards to abortion. It’s been shown over and over again every time it’s on the ballot directly or indirectly.

If we don’t change the message we will keep losing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I am from Ohio.

So neither and I can smoke a joint while doing either
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Both cause loss of innocent lives so neither.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Legalize both but only for Liberals. Self solving problem?

They don't like icky guns anyways, and liberals are the majority of people getting abortions. If they aren't terminating pregnancies they are just brainwashing kids to be trans anyways.

I'm shit posting, dont get so worked up. OP posted a dumb question, so he gets a dumb answer.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Guessing people are too proud to accept the reality of the situation.  

Abortion Hill is too well defended.  The enemy is dug in and embedded with machine gun nests and artillery.  All attempts to take that position results in massive casualties on our side.  

Should we allow our entire army to get destroyed on that one hill or retreat, regroup and garrison what’s left of 2nd Amendment Hill?

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#47]
OP wants us to give up. You are inferring that if we don’t compromise our morals  or lose our rights? Fuck both of those things!
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Wait.  Leftists are going to let me choose?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP is trying to make a point regarding abortions.

Having abortion on the ballot is a huge loser for the GOP, and if we keep losing elections, eventually dems will have a large enough majority to put into a place an AWB

So we either have to change our messaging on abortion or stand by and watch as our 2A rights get slowly whittled away.

In my opinion the poll serves to point that out.
View Quote

Was abortion actually on the ballots in any of the recent elections, or has the media whipped the irrational leftist into an outrage over nothing like usual?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I’d pick valid elections.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top